Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anna get along with other children?
(a) She sees them as equals and has many friends.
(b) She dominates them, feeling they are inferior.
(c) She loves being around other children.
(d) She gets along with everyone.
2. When does Tom find the end of youth's passionate desire, losing his individuality?
(a) After three days of silence and solitude
(b) After three days of constant brandy drinking
(c) After three days of praying
(d) After three days of working in the fields
3. What is Tom's secret desire for Anna?
(a) He hopes to make her a lady.
(b) He hopes she will return to Poland when she grows up.
(c) He hopes she will take over the farm someday.
(d) He hopes she will marry a rich man.
4. What is Tom's reaction when Mrs. Lensky agrees to marry him?
(a) He picks her up, dancing around the room.
(b) He has to sit down, sealed in oblivion.
(c) He passes out.
(d) He nods his head and heads for home.
5. How does Tom feel about his new son?
(a) He wishes he had a baby girl instead.
(b) He loves Anna more than his own son.
(c) He adores his new son and wants to hold him constantly.
(d) He loves his son more than his step-daughter, Anna.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tom take Anna as she hysterically cries for her mother?
2. How successful is Tom Brangwen at his school studies?
3. How does Anna react as she sits at the bar while Tom goes to sell his cow at the cattle market?
4. Why does the care of the farm fall upon Tom's shoulders when he is eighteen?
5. How does Tom finally meet Mrs. Lensky, carrying on a conversation with her?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)