Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anna feel about herself as she drives to the wedding with her father?
(a) She is ecstatic, feeling lovely and flamboyant.
(b) She is embarrassed by her father's crassness.
(c) She feels ugly and inferior.
(d) She is nervous and self-conscious.
2. What do Paul, a young doctor, and Lydia Lensky, a nurse, represent in Poland?
(a) The obedience of Polish citizens
(b) A traditional Polish couple
(c) The joys of marriage
(d) The new movement begun in Russia
3. When does a darkness and dread come over Lydia's mind?
(a) When she marries Paul Lensky
(b) After her two children die of diphtheria
(c) When she becomes a nurse
(d) At the start of the war
4. What is Anna's initial reaction to her mother's marriage to Tom?
(a) She accepts Tom immediately.
(b) She is glad her mother has a husband.
(c) She is angry, wanting to move away.
(d) She is happy to have a father.
5. What continues to torment Tom even though he is proud and fulfilled in his marriage?
(a) He is afraid his sons will not want the farm.
(b) He worried that his sons will fight over the farm.
(c) He yearns for Anna's love because she is his hope.
(d) He worries about the farm and finances.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the person Anna meets that she considers a real person of consequence?
2. When does Tom find the end of youth's passionate desire, losing his individuality?
3. Who dominates the whole wedding party?
4. How does Tom finally meet Mrs. Lensky, carrying on a conversation with her?
5. What is Lydia's mental state in the last few months of her pregnancy?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)