|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. William comes home from the park a changed man. How does Anna react to this new side of her husband?
(a) She tells him to get out.
(b) She ignores him completely.
(c) She is afraid of him.
(d) She is enthralled by his new strangeness.
2. What is Ursula's secret weapon toward independence if her studies do not work out?
(a) Hiring someone to take the exam for her
(b) Starting a seamstress business
(c) Having a tutor
(d) Being a woman
3. Where does Ursula's school mistress invite her to go on Saturday?
(a) A play in London
(b) A bungalow on the Soar
(c) An opera in Cossethay
(d) A café in Nottingham
4. Why does Ursula's face get a strange, scared look at this time in her life?
(a) She doesn't want to face adulthood.
(b) She is so confused and emotional.
(c) She doesn't want to leave her family.
(d) She is worried about her studies.
5. Who is a great comfort to Ursula while she shrinks away from other people, afraid she is not like them?
(b) Uncle Tom
(c) Uncle Fred
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Ursula feel the most secure, warm, and happy?
2. What happens after Ursula writes a passionate love letter to Winifred?
3. What keeps Ursula from giving up her studies for the matriculation examination even though they are such a drudgery?
4. What does Ursula wish as she swims with her swimming class mistress?
5. What does Will discover about himself as he kisses Anna in the moonlight?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)