|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Anna's temperament and William's temperament complement one another?
(a) She is sunlight. He is darkness.
(b) She is the rain. He is the sunshine.
(c) She is the storm. He is the calm.
(d) She is arrogant. He is humble.
2. What does Anna say to Tom that cuts him to the heart?
(a) She tells him that she hates her mother.
(b) She tells him that he is not her father.
(c) She tells him that she is never getting married.
(d) She tells him she is moving away.
3. What does William ask the girl sitting next to him in the Empire ?
(a) How old she is
(b) If she goes to college
(c) If she would like to go to the tea shop with him
(d) If she has a husband
4. During her two weeks in Wiggiston, what is Ursula's attitude toward Winifred and her Uncle Tom?
(a) They inspire her.
(b) She loves them both.
(c) She learns from them.
(d) They repulse her.
5. What is Ursula's impression of the colliers when she and Winifred go to her Uncle Tom's house in Wiggiston?
(a) They are friendly and happy.
(b) They are dirty and poorly dressed.
(c) They seem like creatures without hope.
(d) They are crude and angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will discover about himself as he kisses Anna in the moonlight?
2. What continues to torment Tom even though he is proud and fulfilled in his marriage?
3. Who is a great comfort to Ursula while she shrinks away from other people, afraid she is not like them?
4. How does Anna view her relationship with her cousin Will?
5. What is Ursula's secret weapon toward independence if her studies do not work out?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)