|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What continues to torment Tom even though he is proud and fulfilled in his marriage?
(a) He yearns for Anna's love because she is his hope.
(b) He worries about the farm and finances.
(c) He is afraid his sons will not want the farm.
(d) He worried that his sons will fight over the farm.
2. What is Ursula's impression of her father?
(a) He is indifferent and loveless to her.
(b) He is cruel and heartless to her.
(c) He is full of magic and fascination to her.
(d) He is a stranger to her.
3. What does Will discover about himself as he kisses Anna in the moonlight?
(a) He doesn't care for Anna.
(b) He does not want Anna.
(c) He wants her desperately.
(d) He loves Anna.
4. Whose imminent visit from Nottingham excites the 18-year-old Anna?
(a) Her cousin Will
(b) Her real father
(c) Her friend, Tilly
(d) Her Uncle Alfred
5. How old is Ursula when a third child is born to Anna and William?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Tom give Will and Anna for their wedding?
2. What does Tom see in the loft of the barn that distresses him, making him feel like an old man?
3. What does Ursula wish as she swims with her swimming class mistress?
4. What does Anna say to Tom that cuts him to the heart?
5. What lesson about life did Ursula learn at an early age after her father insults her for stepping in the seed beds?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)