|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Winifred and Ursula do when they are at the bungalow?
(a) They swim in the lake.
(b) They have tea and discuss literature.
(c) They undress, go out in the rain and kiss and hold each other's naked body.
(d) They have tea and figure Algebra problems.
2. During her two weeks in Wiggiston, what is Ursula's attitude toward Winifred and her Uncle Tom?
(a) She loves them both.
(b) They inspire her.
(c) She learns from them.
(d) They repulse her.
3. How does Will view Anna as they wait to be married?
(a) She will make a wonderful home maker.
(b) He is having second thoughts about her.
(c) She is becoming boring.
(d) She is a flame that consumes him.
4. Why does Ursula's face get a strange, scared look at this time in her life?
(a) She doesn't want to face adulthood.
(b) She is so confused and emotional.
(c) She doesn't want to leave her family.
(d) She is worried about her studies.
5. When does Ursula feel the most secure, warm, and happy?
(a) When she is with her baby sister
(b) When her father returns home
(c) When her mother is in the house
(d) When the whole family gathers at the table
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to comfort William when the stress of four children becomes a heavy burden for him?
2. How does Anna feel about people she meets outside the Marsh farm?
3. Where does Ursula's school mistress invite her to go on Saturday?
4. What does Anna say to Tom that cuts him to the heart?
5. How does William's relationship with Ursula change after the birth of Gudrun?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)