|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lesson about life did Ursula learn at an early age after her father insults her for stepping in the seed beds?
(a) She learned to rely on her sisters.
(b) She learned to harden herself from the outside world.
(c) She learned to go to her mother for sympathy.
(d) She learned to obey her father.
2. What continues to torment Tom even though he is proud and fulfilled in his marriage?
(a) He worries about the farm and finances.
(b) He is afraid his sons will not want the farm.
(c) He worried that his sons will fight over the farm.
(d) He yearns for Anna's love because she is his hope.
3. What are William's actions with the girl he takes to the park?
(a) He has an intellectual conversation with her.
(b) He dances with her.
(c) He kisses and caresses her, hoping to take her.
(d) He walks with her.
4. Who tries to comfort William when the stress of four children becomes a heavy burden for him?
5. What does Will discover about himself as he kisses Anna in the moonlight?
(a) He wants her desperately.
(b) He does not want Anna.
(c) He doesn't care for Anna.
(d) He loves Anna.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna say to Tom that cuts him to the heart?
2. What keeps Ursula from giving up her studies for the matriculation examination even though they are such a drudgery?
3. Who is the person Anna meets that she considers a real person of consequence?
4. What is the complicated amalgam of religion that Ursula and Winifred discuss?
5. How old is Ursula when a third child is born to Anna and William?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)