|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose imminent visit from Nottingham excites the 18-year-old Anna?
(a) Her friend, Tilly
(b) Her Uncle Alfred
(c) Her cousin Will
(d) Her real father
2. How does Anna feel about people she meets outside the Marsh farm?
(a) She thinks they belittle her and despises them.
(b) She loves other people.
(c) She enjoys conversing with other people.
(d) She is very friendly when meeting other people.
3. Why does Ursula's face get a strange, scared look at this time in her life?
(a) She doesn't want to face adulthood.
(b) She is worried about her studies.
(c) She is so confused and emotional.
(d) She doesn't want to leave her family.
4. What does Ursula wish as she swims with her swimming class mistress?
(a) She wishes she didn't have to take swimming.
(b) She wants to touch her and feel her.
(c) She wishes her mistress would swim with someone else.
(d) She wishes she were a better swimmer.
5. During her two weeks in Wiggiston, what is Ursula's attitude toward Winifred and her Uncle Tom?
(a) They inspire her.
(b) They repulse her.
(c) She loves them both.
(d) She learns from them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Ursula when a third child is born to Anna and William?
2. What does Will ask Mr. and Mrs. Brangwen after he and Anna kiss in the cornfield?
3. What is Ursula's secret weapon toward independence if her studies do not work out?
4. What does William ask the girl sitting next to him in the Empire ?
5. How does William adapt to life as a husband and father of three children?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)