|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anna feel about people she meets outside the Marsh farm?
(a) She is very friendly when meeting other people.
(b) She enjoys conversing with other people.
(c) She loves other people.
(d) She thinks they belittle her and despises them.
2. Where does Ursula's school mistress invite her to go on Saturday?
(a) A bungalow on the Soar
(b) An opera in Cossethay
(c) A play in London
(d) A café in Nottingham
3. How does William adapt to life as a husband and father of three children?
(a) He is the happiest he has ever been.
(b) It wears him down, making him haggard and irritable.
(c) He revels in his life as a father and husband.
(d) He loves the large family and wishes for more children.
4. What happens after Ursula writes a passionate love letter to Winifred?
(a) Winifred leaves town.
(b) They become intimate.
(c) Winifred tells Ursula to stay away.
(d) Winifred denies the relationship.
5. What does Will discover about himself as he kisses Anna in the moonlight?
(a) He does not want Anna.
(b) He doesn't care for Anna.
(c) He wants her desperately.
(d) He loves Anna.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does William's relationship with Ursula change after the birth of Gudrun?
2. Whose imminent visit from Nottingham excites the 18-year-old Anna?
3. What is the complicated amalgam of religion that Ursula and Winifred discuss?
4. How does Will view Anna as they wait to be married?
5. Who is the person Anna meets that she considers a real person of consequence?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)