|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to comfort William when the stress of four children becomes a heavy burden for him?
2. How does Anna view her relationship with her cousin Will?
(a) He is her escape from the farm into the outside world.
(b) She is indifferent to him.
(c) She finds him stupid and useless.
(d) She finds him annoying.
3. What gift does Tom give Will and Anna for their wedding?
(a) He gives them a share in the farm.
(b) He gives them a cottage in Cossethay.
(c) He gives them his favorite stallion.
(d) He gives them a horse and carriage.
4. William comes home from the park a changed man. How does Anna react to this new side of her husband?
(a) She is enthralled by his new strangeness.
(b) She ignores him completely.
(c) She is afraid of him.
(d) She tells him to get out.
5. What does Will discover about himself as he kisses Anna in the moonlight?
(a) He doesn't care for Anna.
(b) He does not want Anna.
(c) He loves Anna.
(d) He wants her desperately.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ursula's secret weapon toward independence if her studies do not work out?
2. While Anton is away, who does Ursula fall in love with while at school?
3. How old is Ursula when a third child is born to Anna and William?
4. What continues to torment Tom even though he is proud and fulfilled in his marriage?
5. What does Tom see in the loft of the barn that distresses him, making him feel like an old man?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)