|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will ask Mr. and Mrs. Brangwen after he and Anna kiss in the cornfield?
(a) He asks if he can court Anna.
(b) He asks for her hand in marriage.
(c) He asks that they tell Anna he is leaving.
(d) He asks if he can work on the farm.
2. What are William's actions with the girl he takes to the park?
(a) He walks with her.
(b) He dances with her.
(c) He has an intellectual conversation with her.
(d) He kisses and caresses her, hoping to take her.
3. Where does Ursula's school mistress invite her to go on Saturday?
(a) A play in London
(b) A café in Nottingham
(c) An opera in Cossethay
(d) A bungalow on the Soar
4. William comes home from the park a changed man. How does Anna react to this new side of her husband?
(a) She ignores him completely.
(b) She is enthralled by his new strangeness.
(c) She is afraid of him.
(d) She tells him to get out.
5. How does Anna view her relationship with her cousin Will?
(a) She is indifferent to him.
(b) She finds him annoying.
(c) He is her escape from the farm into the outside world.
(d) She finds him stupid and useless.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ursula's impression of her father?
2. What is Ursula's impression of the colliers when she and Winifred go to her Uncle Tom's house in Wiggiston?
3. What lesson about life did Ursula learn at an early age after her father insults her for stepping in the seed beds?
4. What does Anna say to Tom that cuts him to the heart?
5. What does William ask the girl sitting next to him in the Empire ?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)