|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Ursula when a third child is born to Anna and William?
2. What does Anna say to Tom that cuts him to the heart?
(a) She tells him she is moving away.
(b) She tells him that he is not her father.
(c) She tells him that she is never getting married.
(d) She tells him that she hates her mother.
3. William comes home from the park a changed man. How does Anna react to this new side of her husband?
(a) She ignores him completely.
(b) She tells him to get out.
(c) She is enthralled by his new strangeness.
(d) She is afraid of him.
4. How do Anna's temperament and William's temperament complement one another?
(a) She is the rain. He is the sunshine.
(b) She is sunlight. He is darkness.
(c) She is the storm. He is the calm.
(d) She is arrogant. He is humble.
5. What lesson about life did Ursula learn at an early age after her father insults her for stepping in the seed beds?
(a) She learned to obey her father.
(b) She learned to go to her mother for sympathy.
(c) She learned to rely on her sisters.
(d) She learned to harden herself from the outside world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ursula's school mistress invite her to go on Saturday?
2. What is the complicated amalgam of religion that Ursula and Winifred discuss?
3. Why does Ursula's face get a strange, scared look at this time in her life?
4. What gift does Tom give Will and Anna for their wedding?
5. Whose imminent visit from Nottingham excites the 18-year-old Anna?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)