|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does William adapt to life as a husband and father of three children?
(a) He loves the large family and wishes for more children.
(b) He is the happiest he has ever been.
(c) It wears him down, making him haggard and irritable.
(d) He revels in his life as a father and husband.
2. What is the first woodworking gift Will gives to Anna?
(a) Candlesticks with carved flowers
(b) A wooden bowl with carved ivy
(c) A jewelry box carved with birds
(d) A butter stamp with a phoenix on it
3. How old is Ursula when a third child is born to Anna and William?
4. William comes home from the park a changed man. How does Anna react to this new side of her husband?
(a) She is afraid of him.
(b) She is enthralled by his new strangeness.
(c) She ignores him completely.
(d) She tells him to get out.
5. How does William's relationship with Ursula change after the birth of Gudrun?
(a) He takes her to his heart.
(b) He ignores her in favor of Gudrun.
(c) Everything Ursula does irritates him.
(d) He begins to hate Ursula.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Winifred and Ursula do when they are at the bungalow?
2. What happens after Ursula writes a passionate love letter to Winifred?
3. What are William's actions with the girl he takes to the park?
4. What does Tom see in the loft of the barn that distresses him, making him feel like an old man?
5. Who is a great comfort to Ursula while she shrinks away from other people, afraid she is not like them?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)