|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anna feel about people she meets outside the Marsh farm?
(a) She is very friendly when meeting other people.
(b) She loves other people.
(c) She enjoys conversing with other people.
(d) She thinks they belittle her and despises them.
2. What happens after Ursula writes a passionate love letter to Winifred?
(a) Winifred leaves town.
(b) They become intimate.
(c) Winifred tells Ursula to stay away.
(d) Winifred denies the relationship.
3. How does Anna view her relationship with her cousin Will?
(a) She is indifferent to him.
(b) She finds him annoying.
(c) She finds him stupid and useless.
(d) He is her escape from the farm into the outside world.
4. What are William's actions with the girl he takes to the park?
(a) He has an intellectual conversation with her.
(b) He kisses and caresses her, hoping to take her.
(c) He walks with her.
(d) He dances with her.
5. What is the first woodworking gift Will gives to Anna?
(a) A butter stamp with a phoenix on it
(b) Candlesticks with carved flowers
(c) A wooden bowl with carved ivy
(d) A jewelry box carved with birds
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ursula's face get a strange, scared look at this time in her life?
2. What gift does Tom give Will and Anna for their wedding?
3. What does Anna say to Tom that cuts him to the heart?
4. What does Will discover about himself as he kisses Anna in the moonlight?
5. While Anton is away, who does Ursula fall in love with while at school?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)