|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What continues to torment Tom even though he is proud and fulfilled in his marriage?
(a) He is afraid his sons will not want the farm.
(b) He worries about the farm and finances.
(c) He yearns for Anna's love because she is his hope.
(d) He worried that his sons will fight over the farm.
2. Why does Ursula's face get a strange, scared look at this time in her life?
(a) She is worried about her studies.
(b) She doesn't want to leave her family.
(c) She doesn't want to face adulthood.
(d) She is so confused and emotional.
3. When does Ursula feel the most secure, warm, and happy?
(a) When she is with her baby sister
(b) When the whole family gathers at the table
(c) When her mother is in the house
(d) When her father returns home
4. What is the complicated amalgam of religion that Ursula and Winifred discuss?
(a) The motives of joy and miracles
(b) The motives of fear and love
(c) A combination of suffering and redemption
(d) A mix of death and afterlife
5. What is Ursula's secret weapon toward independence if her studies do not work out?
(a) Having a tutor
(b) Hiring someone to take the exam for her
(c) Starting a seamstress business
(d) Being a woman
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anna feel about people she meets outside the Marsh farm?
2. What keeps Ursula from giving up her studies for the matriculation examination even though they are such a drudgery?
3. What is Ursula's impression of her father?
4. What does Will ask Mr. and Mrs. Brangwen after he and Anna kiss in the cornfield?
5. William comes home from the park a changed man. How does Anna react to this new side of her husband?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)