|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of child is Gudrun?
(a) She is slow and meek.
(b) She is volatile and quick tempered.
(c) She is active, and athletic.
(d) She is quiet, mild-mannered, but indomitable.
2. When does Ursula feel the most secure, warm, and happy?
(a) When her father returns home
(b) When the whole family gathers at the table
(c) When she is with her baby sister
(d) When her mother is in the house
3. What gift does Tom give Will and Anna for their wedding?
(a) He gives them a share in the farm.
(b) He gives them a horse and carriage.
(c) He gives them a cottage in Cossethay.
(d) He gives them his favorite stallion.
4. What is Ursula's impression of the colliers when she and Winifred go to her Uncle Tom's house in Wiggiston?
(a) They are crude and angry.
(b) They are friendly and happy.
(c) They are dirty and poorly dressed.
(d) They seem like creatures without hope.
5. How old is Ursula when a third child is born to Anna and William?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anna view her relationship with her cousin Will?
2. What does Will discover about himself as he kisses Anna in the moonlight?
3. Who is the person Anna meets that she considers a real person of consequence?
4. How does William's relationship with Ursula change after the birth of Gudrun?
5. What lesson about life did Ursula learn at an early age after her father insults her for stepping in the seed beds?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)