|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What continues to torment Tom even though he is proud and fulfilled in his marriage?
(a) He worries about the farm and finances.
(b) He is afraid his sons will not want the farm.
(c) He worried that his sons will fight over the farm.
(d) He yearns for Anna's love because she is his hope.
2. What is the complicated amalgam of religion that Ursula and Winifred discuss?
(a) The motives of joy and miracles
(b) The motives of fear and love
(c) A combination of suffering and redemption
(d) A mix of death and afterlife
3. Why does Ursula's face get a strange, scared look at this time in her life?
(a) She is worried about her studies.
(b) She is so confused and emotional.
(c) She doesn't want to leave her family.
(d) She doesn't want to face adulthood.
4. What does Will discover about himself as he kisses Anna in the moonlight?
(a) He does not want Anna.
(b) He wants her desperately.
(c) He loves Anna.
(d) He doesn't care for Anna.
5. Where does Ursula's school mistress invite her to go on Saturday?
(a) A café in Nottingham
(b) A play in London
(c) An opera in Cossethay
(d) A bungalow on the Soar
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Anna's temperament and William's temperament complement one another?
2. While Anton is away, who does Ursula fall in love with while at school?
3. During her two weeks in Wiggiston, what is Ursula's attitude toward Winifred and her Uncle Tom?
4. How does Will view Anna as they wait to be married?
5. How does William's relationship with Ursula change after the birth of Gudrun?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)