|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first woodworking gift Will gives to Anna?
(a) Candlesticks with carved flowers
(b) A wooden bowl with carved ivy
(c) A jewelry box carved with birds
(d) A butter stamp with a phoenix on it
2. What lesson about life did Ursula learn at an early age after her father insults her for stepping in the seed beds?
(a) She learned to go to her mother for sympathy.
(b) She learned to obey her father.
(c) She learned to rely on her sisters.
(d) She learned to harden herself from the outside world.
3. What does Anna say to Tom that cuts him to the heart?
(a) She tells him that he is not her father.
(b) She tells him that she hates her mother.
(c) She tells him that she is never getting married.
(d) She tells him she is moving away.
4. What type of child is Gudrun?
(a) She is slow and meek.
(b) She is volatile and quick tempered.
(c) She is active, and athletic.
(d) She is quiet, mild-mannered, but indomitable.
5. What continues to torment Tom even though he is proud and fulfilled in his marriage?
(a) He is afraid his sons will not want the farm.
(b) He yearns for Anna's love because she is his hope.
(c) He worried that his sons will fight over the farm.
(d) He worries about the farm and finances.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Anna's temperament and William's temperament complement one another?
2. What does Will ask Mr. and Mrs. Brangwen after he and Anna kiss in the cornfield?
3. While Anton is away, who does Ursula fall in love with while at school?
4. What is Ursula's secret weapon toward independence if her studies do not work out?
5. What are William's actions with the girl he takes to the park?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)