|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Ursula when a third child is born to Anna and William?
2. Why does Ursula's face get a strange, scared look at this time in her life?
(a) She is so confused and emotional.
(b) She is worried about her studies.
(c) She doesn't want to leave her family.
(d) She doesn't want to face adulthood.
3. What is the complicated amalgam of religion that Ursula and Winifred discuss?
(a) The motives of fear and love
(b) The motives of joy and miracles
(c) A combination of suffering and redemption
(d) A mix of death and afterlife
4. What does Tom see in the loft of the barn that distresses him, making him feel like an old man?
(a) Rotted timbers that need to be replaced
(b) Anna and Will in each other's arms, kissing
(c) His gray haired wife, shooing the owls away
(d) His thirteen year old dog, dead in the hay
5. What does Will ask Mr. and Mrs. Brangwen after he and Anna kiss in the cornfield?
(a) He asks for her hand in marriage.
(b) He asks that they tell Anna he is leaving.
(c) He asks if he can court Anna.
(d) He asks if he can work on the farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Ursula from giving up her studies for the matriculation examination even though they are such a drudgery?
2. What do Winifred and Ursula do when they are at the bungalow?
3. What type of child is Gudrun?
4. When does Ursula feel the most secure, warm, and happy?
5. What continues to torment Tom even though he is proud and fulfilled in his marriage?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)