|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom see in the loft of the barn that distresses him, making him feel like an old man?
(a) His gray haired wife, shooing the owls away
(b) Rotted timbers that need to be replaced
(c) His thirteen year old dog, dead in the hay
(d) Anna and Will in each other's arms, kissing
2. How old is Ursula when a third child is born to Anna and William?
3. How do Anna's temperament and William's temperament complement one another?
(a) She is arrogant. He is humble.
(b) She is the rain. He is the sunshine.
(c) She is the storm. He is the calm.
(d) She is sunlight. He is darkness.
4. What keeps Ursula from giving up her studies for the matriculation examination even though they are such a drudgery?
(a) Her quest for complete independence
(b) It keeps her mind off Anton.
(c) She wants to make her father proud.
(d) She is competing with Gudrun.
5. What does Will ask Mr. and Mrs. Brangwen after he and Anna kiss in the cornfield?
(a) He asks if he can court Anna.
(b) He asks for her hand in marriage.
(c) He asks that they tell Anna he is leaving.
(d) He asks if he can work on the farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. William comes home from the park a changed man. How does Anna react to this new side of her husband?
2. What is Ursula's impression of her father?
3. How does Anna feel about people she meets outside the Marsh farm?
4. How does Will view Anna as they wait to be married?
5. What does Anna say to Tom that cuts him to the heart?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)