|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first woodworking gift Will gives to Anna?
(a) A jewelry box carved with birds
(b) A wooden bowl with carved ivy
(c) Candlesticks with carved flowers
(d) A butter stamp with a phoenix on it
2. What does Ursula wish as she swims with her swimming class mistress?
(a) She wishes she were a better swimmer.
(b) She wants to touch her and feel her.
(c) She wishes she didn't have to take swimming.
(d) She wishes her mistress would swim with someone else.
3. What keeps Ursula from giving up her studies for the matriculation examination even though they are such a drudgery?
(a) She is competing with Gudrun.
(b) Her quest for complete independence
(c) It keeps her mind off Anton.
(d) She wants to make her father proud.
4. Why does Ursula's face get a strange, scared look at this time in her life?
(a) She is so confused and emotional.
(b) She doesn't want to leave her family.
(c) She doesn't want to face adulthood.
(d) She is worried about her studies.
5. What lesson about life did Ursula learn at an early age after her father insults her for stepping in the seed beds?
(a) She learned to rely on her sisters.
(b) She learned to obey her father.
(c) She learned to go to her mother for sympathy.
(d) She learned to harden herself from the outside world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the person Anna meets that she considers a real person of consequence?
2. Who is a great comfort to Ursula while she shrinks away from other people, afraid she is not like them?
3. What gift does Tom give Will and Anna for their wedding?
4. How does Anna feel about people she meets outside the Marsh farm?
5. What does Anna say to Tom that cuts him to the heart?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)