|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ursula wish as she swims with her swimming class mistress?
(a) She wishes she didn't have to take swimming.
(b) She wishes her mistress would swim with someone else.
(c) She wants to touch her and feel her.
(d) She wishes she were a better swimmer.
2. What does Will ask Mr. and Mrs. Brangwen after he and Anna kiss in the cornfield?
(a) He asks if he can work on the farm.
(b) He asks for her hand in marriage.
(c) He asks that they tell Anna he is leaving.
(d) He asks if he can court Anna.
3. What happens after Ursula writes a passionate love letter to Winifred?
(a) Winifred tells Ursula to stay away.
(b) Winifred denies the relationship.
(c) Winifred leaves town.
(d) They become intimate.
4. How does Will view Anna as they wait to be married?
(a) She will make a wonderful home maker.
(b) She is a flame that consumes him.
(c) She is becoming boring.
(d) He is having second thoughts about her.
5. What keeps Ursula from giving up her studies for the matriculation examination even though they are such a drudgery?
(a) She wants to make her father proud.
(b) It keeps her mind off Anton.
(c) Her quest for complete independence
(d) She is competing with Gudrun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are William's actions with the girl he takes to the park?
2. What is the first woodworking gift Will gives to Anna?
3. Where does Ursula's school mistress invite her to go on Saturday?
4. What does Tom see in the loft of the barn that distresses him, making him feel like an old man?
5. What continues to torment Tom even though he is proud and fulfilled in his marriage?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)