Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kyle's father suggest he might do after Kyle's fight with Jack and Jose?
2. What does Nelson's father tell him he needs to practice more in his life?
3. What causes the chaos in Jason's home during the Christmas break as described in Chapter 16?
4. Who does Nelson hope to see at the Rainbow Youth party at Caitlin's house?
5. Over what television show do Kyle and Jason briefly bond in Chapter 14?
Essay Topic 1
Why is Nelson in a hurry to have his first sexual experience? With whom would he have preferred to have it? With whom does Nelson have his first experience? How does Nelson feel about this encounter? For what reason? How does Kyle react to what Nelson has done? Why is Nelson's behavior so dangerous? Would Nelson have behaved in a similar fashion if he were straight? Explain. Why is Kyle reluctant to have a sexual encounter with Nelson? How does Nelson feel about that? Does Kyle's reluctance add to Nelson's emotional state and reckless behaviors?
Essay Topic 2
Why is Jason so afraid for people to learn about his friendship with Kyle? Why is Jason afraid of people learning he is gay? Why does Jason hesitate to do things, such as rescue Kyle and Nelson from bullies or attend the GSA meeting? What often changes Jason's mind? How does Jason come to tell his father the truth about his sexuality? How does Jason's father react? Why does Jason believe it is his fault that his father left the family? Is his father leaving such a bad thing for Jason and his family? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following in an essay, using quotes from the novel to support any conclusions:
1) Point of View
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)