|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Nelson's mother use to support her arguments in favor of the GSA?
2. Who does Kyle ask to attend a high school basketball game with him in Chapter 20?
3. Why does Jason go to Kyle's house in Chapter 14?
4. How long does Debra claim it has been since she and Jason last talked in Chapter 13?
5. Who does Nelson hope to see at the Rainbow Youth party at Caitlin's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Debra? How can Jason have a girlfriend if he thinks he is gay? Is it possible for Jason to love Debra even though he is gay or bisexual? Why does Jason feel it is important to point out to the reader that he and Debra have been intimate? What does this suggest about Jason's sexuality? How does this relationship add to Jason's confusion over his sexuality? Why does Jason think of Kyle while with Debra? How does he justify this thought to himself? Why does he feel the need to justify these thoughts to himself?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Kyle? How does Kyle feel about his own sexuality? Why is Kyle worried about people at school learning the truth about his sexuality? What does Kyle think will happen if people learn the truth? Why has Kyle not told his parents about his sexuality? How does Kyle think his parents will react to the news of his sexuality? Why does Kyle think this? What is Kyle's relationship like with his mother? With his father?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following in an essay, using quotes from the novel to support any conclusions:
1) Point of View
This section contains 1,689 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)