|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Nelson go out at the end of Chapter 21?
2. Who does Jason's mother initially believe might be responsible for Jason's sexuality?
3. What does Brick serve Nelson to drink when they arrive at his apartment in Chapter 15?
4. What expensive item does Kyle want to improve his appearance for which he is hesitant to ask his parents?
5. What does Kyle tell Nelson happened to Shea in Chapter 21?
Essay Topic 1
Who is Jason? Why does he attend the Rainbow Youth meeting in the first chapter of the book? What does Jason think he will get out of the meeting? Does Jason think he is gay? Why does Jason keep insisting to himself that he might be bisexual, but not gay? What is the difference? Why is this difference important to Jason? How does Jason react when he sees two boys from school at the meeting? Why is Jason unhappy for these boys to see him? What does Jason think will happen if these boys tell anyone what they saw?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the following relationships in detail, using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
1) Jason and Debra
2) Jason and Kyle
3) Kyle and his father.
Essay Topic 3
Why is Nelson in a hurry to have his first sexual experience? With whom would he have preferred to have it? With whom does Nelson have his first experience? How does Nelson feel about this encounter? For what reason? How does Kyle react to what Nelson has done? Why is Nelson's behavior so dangerous? Would Nelson have behaved in a similar fashion if he were straight? Explain. Why is Kyle reluctant to have a sexual encounter with Nelson? How does Nelson feel about that? Does Kyle's reluctance add to Nelson's emotional state and reckless behaviors?
This section contains 1,662 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)