Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kyle's father suggest he might do after Kyle's fight with Jack and Jose?
2. What does Nelson's father tell him he needs to practice more in his life?
3. What causes the chaos in Jason's home during the Christmas break as described in Chapter 16?
4. Who does Nelson hope to see at the Rainbow Youth party at Caitlin's house?
5. Over what television show do Kyle and Jason briefly bond in Chapter 14?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following relationships in detail, using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
1) Nelson and Kyle
2) Nelson and Jason
3) Jason and Corey
Essay Topic 2
Why does the art teacher encourage Kyle to come out to his parents? How does Kyle feel about the possibility of telling his parents the truth of his sexuality? How does Kyle's mother finally realize her son is gay? How does she react to this information? How does Kyle tell his father the truth of his sexuality? How does Kyle's father react to the news? Why is Kyle convinced that his parents are not supportive of his choices? How do they change his mind?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Kyle? How does Kyle feel about his own sexuality? Why is Kyle worried about people at school learning the truth about his sexuality? What does Kyle think will happen if people learn the truth? Why has Kyle not told his parents about his sexuality? How does Kyle think his parents will react to the news of his sexuality? Why does Kyle think this? What is Kyle's relationship like with his mother? With his father?
This section contains 1,683 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)