Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kyle's father suggest he might do after Kyle's fight with Jack and Jose?
2. What does Nelson's father tell him he needs to practice more in his life?
3. What causes the chaos in Jason's home during the Christmas break as described in Chapter 16?
4. Who does Nelson hope to see at the Rainbow Youth party at Caitlin's house?
5. Over what television show do Kyle and Jason briefly bond in Chapter 14?
Essay Topic 1
Why does Kyle participate on the swimming team at school? How does Kyle feel pressured to be an athlete? How does this impact Kyle's relationship with his father? Why do some men equate athletic ability to manliness? Is Kyle less of a man because he does not like sports? How does Kyle's situation with his father compare to Jason's relationship with his father? Does Kyle's father approve of Jason only because Jason is an athlete? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
How does Kyle feel about Jason's attempts to hide their relationship? Does Kyle understand Jason's motives? How does Nelson feel about the way Jason treats Kyle? Why does Nelson seem to support Jason's actions when he tries to keep Kyle from sitting at the athlete's table at lunch? Is Jason's treatment of Kyle fair? What might happen to Jason and Kyle if the other students at school learn the truth of their relationship? Is this a risk that the boys should be willing to take? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the following relationships in an essay, using quotes from the book to support your conclusions:
1) Nelson and his mother - Kyle and his mother
2) Nelson and Kyle - Jason and Kyle
3) Nelson and Shea - Nelson and Kyle
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)