Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wakes Kyle the next morning, in Chapter 8?
2. To what does Kyle compare kissing Nelson?
3. Why does Jason feel he cannot talk about his confusion about his sexuality with his father?
4. How many times does Jason walk around the block before finally entering the Rainbow Youth meeting?
5. What color does Nelson dye his hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jack Ransom corner Nelson and Kyle in the parking lot of the school? What is his intention?
2. How does Corey react to the news that Jason is gay? What advice does he give Jason?
3. Why does Jason feel that his father's leaving is his fault? How does Jason's father compare to Kyle and Nelson's fathers in this novel?
4. Why has Kyle not told his parents that he is gay?
5. Who approaches Jason in the final chapter of the book? For what reason?
6. What does Nelson's father say to Nelson on the phone? What does this conversation suggest about Nelson's relationship with his father?
7. How does Jason's father respond to Kyle and Nelson? How does Jason deal with his father's reaction?
8. What conversation do Jason's friends have at homecoming that makes Jason uncomfortable?
9. How does Kyle react to seeing Jason at the Rainbow Youth meeting? How does Jason react to seeing Kyle?
10. What is one of the names that Jason's father often calls him? How does this impact Jason?
Who is Debra? How can Jason have a girlfriend if he thinks he is gay? Is it possible for Jason to love Debra even though he is gay or bisexual? Why does Jason feel it is important to point out to the reader that he and Debra have been intimate? What does this suggest about Jason's sexuality? How does this relationship add to Jason's confusion over his sexuality? Why does Jason think of Kyle while with Debra? How does he justify this thought to himself? Why does he feel the need to justify these thoughts to himself?
Discuss one of the following in an essay, using quotes from the novel to support any conclusions:
1) Point of View
Discuss one of the following themes in an essay, using quotes from the book to support your conclusions:
3) Parental relationships
This section contains 1,140 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)