|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kyle's father suggest he might do after Kyle's fight with Jack and Jose?
(a) Stop accusing Kyle of choosing his sexuality.
(b) Go to a Rainbow Youth meeting.
(c) Read more about homosexuality.
(d) Join PFLAG.
2. How does Jason's father feel about this scholarship?
(a) He is proud.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He thinks Jason could have done better.
(d) He thinks Jason did as well as he could.
3. What does Nelson's father tell him he needs to practice more in his life?
(b) Self control.
4. For what reason does Kyle find Jason depressed and alone in his home at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) Jason is humiliated that everyone at school now knows he is gay.
(b) Jason's father has left the family.
(c) Jason's mother has asked him to move out.
(d) Jason is heartbroken that Debra no longer wants to be friends.
5. How does Kyle tell Jason the fight began?
(a) Nelson responded to taunts by Jack and his friends.
(b) Nelson yelled an insult at Jack.
(c) Nelson threw a bottle at Jack's truck.
(d) Jack just stopped for no reason.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Shea suggest Nelson has begun talking to an older man over the Internet?
2. What expensive item does Kyle want to improve his appearance for which he is hesitant to ask his parents?
3. Who leaves a note in Jason's locker in Chapter 13?
4. How does Nelson's mother react to the fight Nelson and Kyle got into with Jack and Jose?
5. Why does Jason stop Kyle from sitting at the athletes table in the cafeteria in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Kyle's parents respond to a harassing phone call placed to their home in response to Kyle's involvement in the forming of a GSA club at school? How does this inspire Kyle to stand up for himself in an unusual way?
2. Who does Nelson tell Shea he has been contacting over the Internet? For what reason does Shea suggest Nelson has been contacting this person?
3. How does Jason respond to the kiss he has shared with Kyle?
4. How does Kyle's father react to the fight in which Kyle has recently been involved? Why does this surprise and please Kyle?
5. Who approaches Jason in the final chapter of the book? For what reason?
6. With whom does Nelson go out in this chapter of the novel? What is different about this date than some of Nelson's other social encounters?
7. How does Nelson feel when his father fails to pick him up for their pre-arranged dinner plans?
8. How does Corey react to the news that Jason is gay? What advice does he give Jason?
9. What does Kyle say when he kisses Jason? How does Jason respond?
10. Why does Nelson hook up with Blake at a Rainbow Youth party? What happens?
This section contains 1,270 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)