|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kyle tell Nelson happened to Shea in Chapter 21?
(a) She decided not to go to college.
(b) She decided to go to Smith with Caitlin.
(c) She broke up with Caitlin.
(d) She has a new girlfriend.
2. Why does Jason go to Kyle's house in Chapter 14?
(a) For more tutoring help.
(b) To apologize for recent behavior.
(c) To ask for help with Debra.
(d) To ask Kyle not to tell anyone about what happened at the movies.
3. What expensive item does Kyle want to improve his appearance for which he is hesitant to ask his parents?
(a) Acne skin treatments.
(b) Plastic surgery.
(c) Contact lenses.
(d) Laser eye surgery.
4. Who is Dane?
(a) Kyle's ex-best friend.
(b) Brick's boyfriend.
(c) Shea's brother.
(d) Blake's ex-boyfriend.
5. How has Jason been treating Kyle since their trip to the movies?
(a) The same as before.
(b) With indifference.
(c) Like they are lovers.
(d) As though he does not know him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jason's mother initially believe might be responsible for Jason's sexuality?
2. What change to Jason's future plans has taken place now that his father is gone?
3. Why is Nelson in a hurry to have a sexual experience?
4. Who does Kyle ask to attend a high school basketball game with him in Chapter 20?
5. How does Jason's father feel about this scholarship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Nelson meet Brick? What happens when Nelson meets Brick at a local coffee bar?
2. How does Kyle's father react to the fight in which Kyle has recently been involved? Why does this surprise and please Kyle?
3. How does Nelson's mother respond to the information that Nelson had an unprotected sexual encounter? What impact does her response have on Nelson?
4. How does Jason respond to the kiss he has shared with Kyle?
5. Why does Nelson hook up with Blake at a Rainbow Youth party? What happens?
6. How does Kyle's father react to meeting Jason for the first time? How does this make Kyle feel?
7. Why does Jason feel that his father's leaving is his fault? How does Jason's father compare to Kyle and Nelson's fathers in this novel?
8. How do Kyle's parents respond to a harassing phone call placed to their home in response to Kyle's involvement in the forming of a GSA club at school? How does this inspire Kyle to stand up for himself in an unusual way?
9. How does Jason's father respond to Kyle and Nelson? How does Jason deal with his father's reaction?
10. What happens when Jason and his father get into an altercation over the volume of his stereo?
This section contains 1,366 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)