|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Jason tell Debra he can no longer be with her?
(a) He thinks he is bisexual.
(b) He is in love with someone else.
(c) He just does not love her anymore.
(d) He is gay.
2. What change to Jason's future plans has taken place now that his father is gone?
(a) He has to stay home to care for his mother.
(b) He can no longer afford what his scholarship will not pay.
(c) He might not go away to college.
(d) Nothing, he still plans to attend Tech.
3. Why does Jason stop Kyle from sitting at the athletes table in the cafeteria in Chapter 16?
(a) To keep people from knowing about their relationship.
(b) To embarass Kyle.
(c) To end their relationship.
(d) To make Kyle leave him alone.
4. What happens during basketball practice in Chapter 16 that makes Jason wonder if he has become a target of intolerance?
(a) Someone steals his clothes from his locker.
(b) Someone fouls him during play.
(c) Someone calls him a derogatory name.
(d) Someone purposely pushes him against the wall.
5. How does Kyle think his father will react to his participation in a fight?
(a) He will want to press charges.
(b) He will blame Nelson.
(c) He will blame his choice of sexuality.
(d) He will be angry with Jack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to Jason's home in Chapter 22 to repair their relationship?
2. How does Kyle tell Jason the fight began?
3. How old does Nelson tell Brick he is in Chapter 15?
4. What do Nelson and Kyle learn has happened to their club request to the school board?
5. What reason does Kyle give his parents for not telling them sooner about the harassment he has suffered due to his sexuality?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Kyle's parents respond to a harassing phone call placed to their home in response to Kyle's involvement in the forming of a GSA club at school? How does this inspire Kyle to stand up for himself in an unusual way?
2. How does Jason's father respond to Kyle and Nelson? How does Jason deal with his father's reaction?
3. What happens when Jason comes across Jack Ransom and his friends fighting with Nelson and Kyle? How does Jason respond?
4. What happens when Jason and his father get into an altercation over the volume of his stereo?
5. Why does Jason feel that his father's leaving is his fault? How does Jason's father compare to Kyle and Nelson's fathers in this novel?
6. How does Kyle's father react to meeting Jason for the first time? How does this make Kyle feel?
7. What does Kyle say when he kisses Jason? How does Jason respond?
8. Who does Nelson tell Shea he has been contacting over the Internet? For what reason does Shea suggest Nelson has been contacting this person?
9. What does Nelson's father say to Nelson on the phone? What does this conversation suggest about Nelson's relationship with his father?
10. How does Nelson's mother respond to the information that Nelson had an unprotected sexual encounter? What impact does her response have on Nelson?
This section contains 1,395 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)