|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Debra return to Jason when they break up?
(a) A ring.
(b) A necklace.
(c) His class ring.
(d) A bracelet.
2. What happens in chapter 18 when Nelson tries to contact Brick?
(a) The message is blocked.
(b) Brick tells him to leave him alone.
(c) Brick asks him to come over again.
(d) The message is left unanswered.
3. What causes the chaos in Jason's home during the Christmas break as described in Chapter 16?
(a) His father and uncle fight due to alcohol consumption.
(b) His father refuses to stay at home.
(c) His father is too drunk to go to church.
(d) His father and grandmother argue.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 21, what does Nelson notice has changed about Kyle's appearance?
(a) He has contacts and is not wearing his ball cap.
(b) He has new glasses and a different ball cap.
(c) He has stopped wearing his old wristband.
(d) He has stopped wearing his old sweatshirt.
5. What expensive item does Kyle want to improve his appearance for which he is hesitant to ask his parents?
(a) Acne skin treatments.
(b) Plastic surgery.
(c) Contact lenses.
(d) Laser eye surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Kyle find Jason depressed and alone in his home at the end of Chapter 20?
2. To what school does Jason receive a scholarship?
3. What is Jason doing when chaos begins to break out during the Christmas holiday in Chapter 16?
4. Who visits Jason's home during the Christmas holiday?
5. What illness does Nelson learn Jeremy has been diagnosed with in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom does Nelson go out in this chapter of the novel? What is different about this date than some of Nelson's other social encounters?
2. What does Nelson's father say to Nelson on the phone? What does this conversation suggest about Nelson's relationship with his father?
3. How does Jason respond to the kiss he has shared with Kyle?
4. How does Nelson's mother respond to the information that Nelson had an unprotected sexual encounter? What impact does her response have on Nelson?
5. How do Kyle's parents respond to a harassing phone call placed to their home in response to Kyle's involvement in the forming of a GSA club at school? How does this inspire Kyle to stand up for himself in an unusual way?
6. What happens when Jason and his father get into an altercation over the volume of his stereo?
7. What happens when Jason comes across Jack Ransom and his friends fighting with Nelson and Kyle? How does Jason respond?
8. Who approaches Jason in the final chapter of the book? For what reason?
9. Why does Jason feel that his father's leaving is his fault? How does Jason's father compare to Kyle and Nelson's fathers in this novel?
10. What does Kyle say when he kisses Jason? How does Jason respond?
This section contains 1,361 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)