|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nelson's mother react to the fight Nelson and Kyle got into with Jack and Jose?
(a) She blames Nelson's temper.
(b) She blames Kyle.
(c) She wants to press charges.
(d) She wants to have a meeting with the school principal.
2. Why does Jason stop Kyle from sitting at the athletes table in the cafeteria in Chapter 16?
(a) To make Kyle leave him alone.
(b) To end their relationship.
(c) To embarass Kyle.
(d) To keep people from knowing about their relationship.
3. To what school does Jason receive a scholarship?
(d) Miami University.
4. What reason does Kyle give his parents for not telling them sooner about the harassment he has suffered due to his sexuality?
(a) He thought they would think it was his fault.
(b) He thought they would not care.
(c) He thought there was nothing they could do.
(d) He thought they would make too big a deal out of it.
5. Why is Nelson in a hurry to have a sexual experience?
(a) He wants to impress Kyle with his experience.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He thinks love and sex are the same thing.
(d) He feels sex will make him more mature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Kyle give Nelson for Christmas?
2. Who visits Jason's home during the Christmas holiday?
3. What happens in chapter 18 when Nelson tries to contact Brick?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 21, what does Nelson notice has changed about Kyle's appearance?
5. Why does Nelson have Shea take pictures of him in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jason's father respond to Kyle and Nelson? How does Jason deal with his father's reaction?
2. What happens when Jason and his father get into an altercation over the volume of his stereo?
3. How does Kyle react to Nelson's confession of an unprotected sexual encounter? How does this situation impact Kyle?
4. Why does Nelson hook up with Blake at a Rainbow Youth party? What happens?
5. Where does Nelson meet Brick? What happens when Nelson meets Brick at a local coffee bar?
6. How does Kyle's father react to meeting Jason for the first time? How does this make Kyle feel?
7. With whom does Nelson go out in this chapter of the novel? What is different about this date than some of Nelson's other social encounters?
8. How does Jason respond to the kiss he has shared with Kyle?
9. What happens when Jason comes across Jack Ransom and his friends fighting with Nelson and Kyle? How does Jason respond?
10. How do Kyle's parents respond to a harassing phone call placed to their home in response to Kyle's involvement in the forming of a GSA club at school? How does this inspire Kyle to stand up for himself in an unusual way?
This section contains 1,324 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)