|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in chapter 18 when Nelson tries to contact Brick?
(a) Brick tells him to leave him alone.
(b) The message is blocked.
(c) The message is left unanswered.
(d) Brick asks him to come over again.
2. What expensive item does Kyle want to improve his appearance for which he is hesitant to ask his parents?
(a) Contact lenses.
(b) Plastic surgery.
(c) Laser eye surgery.
(d) Acne skin treatments.
3. Why does Shea refuse to repair her friendship with Nelson in Chapter 21?
(a) He is too self absorbed.
(b) She no longer respects him.
(c) Too much time has gone by.
(d) She is moving away.
4. For the first time, with whom does Jason stop to talk in the hallway at school in Chapter 22?
5. Who does Nelson hope to see at the Rainbow Youth party at Caitlin's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason teach Kyle to do in Chapter 14?
2. How does Jason's mother react when Jason's father breaks his stereo?
3. For what reason does Jason tell Debra he can no longer be with her?
4. Who leaves a note in Jason's locker in Chapter 13?
5. What does Kyle tell Nelson happened to Shea in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jason feel that his father's leaving is his fault? How does Jason's father compare to Kyle and Nelson's fathers in this novel?
2. How does Kyle's father react to the fight in which Kyle has recently been involved? Why does this surprise and please Kyle?
3. What does Kyle say when he kisses Jason? How does Jason respond?
4. How does Jason's father respond to Kyle and Nelson? How does Jason deal with his father's reaction?
5. What happens when Jason comes across Jack Ransom and his friends fighting with Nelson and Kyle? How does Jason respond?
6. Why does Nelson hook up with Blake at a Rainbow Youth party? What happens?
7. What does Nelson's father say to Nelson on the phone? What does this conversation suggest about Nelson's relationship with his father?
8. How does Nelson feel when his father fails to pick him up for their pre-arranged dinner plans?
9. Where does Nelson meet Brick? What happens when Nelson meets Brick at a local coffee bar?
10. Nelson and his mother both speak at the school board meeting to support the beginning of a Gay-Straight Alliance club at the high school. What does Nelson talk about and what impact does it have on the board and those who oppose the club?
This section contains 1,331 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)