|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kyle tell Nelson happened to Shea in Chapter 21?
(a) She decided not to go to college.
(b) She broke up with Caitlin.
(c) She has a new girlfriend.
(d) She decided to go to Smith with Caitlin.
2. Who wrote a derogatory word on Kyle's locker during the Christmas break?
(a) Debra and her friends.
(b) Jack Ransom.
(d) Jason and his friends.
3. Who is Dane?
(a) Brick's boyfriend.
(b) Blake's ex-boyfriend.
(c) Kyle's ex-best friend.
(d) Shea's brother.
4. What does Brick serve Nelson to drink when they arrive at his apartment in Chapter 15?
5. What item does Debra return to Jason when they break up?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) A ring.
(c) His class ring.
(d) A necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nelson's mother react to the fight Nelson and Kyle got into with Jack and Jose?
2. What illness does Nelson learn Jeremy has been diagnosed with in Chapter 18?
3. How does Kyle think his father will react to his participation in a fight?
4. How does Kyle tell Jason the fight began?
5. Why does Shea refuse to repair her friendship with Nelson in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kyle's father react to meeting Jason for the first time? How does this make Kyle feel?
2. How does Kyle's father react to the fight in which Kyle has recently been involved? Why does this surprise and please Kyle?
3. How does Jason respond to the kiss he has shared with Kyle?
4. What does Kyle say when he kisses Jason? How does Jason respond?
5. Nelson and his mother both speak at the school board meeting to support the beginning of a Gay-Straight Alliance club at the high school. What does Nelson talk about and what impact does it have on the board and those who oppose the club?
6. What happens when Jason and his father get into an altercation over the volume of his stereo?
7. How does Debra react when Jason tells her that he thinks he might be gay?
8. Why does Jason feel that his father's leaving is his fault? How does Jason's father compare to Kyle and Nelson's fathers in this novel?
9. How does Corey react to the news that Jason is gay? What advice does he give Jason?
10. What does Nelson's father say to Nelson on the phone? What does this conversation suggest about Nelson's relationship with his father?
This section contains 1,323 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)