|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kyle think his father will react to his participation in a fight?
(a) He will blame his choice of sexuality.
(b) He will be angry with Jack.
(c) He will want to press charges.
(d) He will blame Nelson.
2. Why is Shea angry with Nelson when he calls her in chapter 18?
(a) He did not buy her anything for Christmas.
(b) He did not respond when she needed him.
(c) He missed her engagement party.
(d) He forgot her birthday.
3. What expensive item does Kyle want to improve his appearance for which he is hesitant to ask his parents?
(a) Contact lenses.
(b) Plastic surgery.
(c) Laser eye surgery.
(d) Acne skin treatments.
4. Who does Kyle ask to attend a high school basketball game with him in Chapter 20?
(a) His father.
5. What do Nelson and Kyle learn has happened to their club request to the school board?
(a) It is approved, but only for the rest of the semester.
(b) It is approved.
(c) It is approved with conditions.
(d) It is declined.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Kyle give his parents for not telling them sooner about the harassment he has suffered due to his sexuality?
2. What is Jason doing when chaos begins to break out during the Christmas holiday in Chapter 16?
3. What item does Debra return to Jason when they break up?
4. What item does Nelson's mother use to support her arguments in favor of the GSA?
5. Who leaves a note in Jason's locker in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nelson hook up with Blake at a Rainbow Youth party? What happens?
2. How does Debra react when Jason tells her that he thinks he might be gay?
3. How does Nelson feel when his father fails to pick him up for their pre-arranged dinner plans?
4. What happens when Jason comes across Jack Ransom and his friends fighting with Nelson and Kyle? How does Jason respond?
5. Why does Jason feel that his father's leaving is his fault? How does Jason's father compare to Kyle and Nelson's fathers in this novel?
6. How do Kyle's parents respond to a harassing phone call placed to their home in response to Kyle's involvement in the forming of a GSA club at school? How does this inspire Kyle to stand up for himself in an unusual way?
7. With whom does Nelson go out in this chapter of the novel? What is different about this date than some of Nelson's other social encounters?
8. How does Kyle react to Nelson's confession of an unprotected sexual encounter? How does this situation impact Kyle?
9. Where does Nelson meet Brick? What happens when Nelson meets Brick at a local coffee bar?
10. Who does Nelson tell Shea he has been contacting over the Internet? For what reason does Shea suggest Nelson has been contacting this person?
This section contains 1,358 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)