|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jason stop Kyle from sitting at the athletes table in the cafeteria in Chapter 16?
(a) To embarass Kyle.
(b) To make Kyle leave him alone.
(c) To end their relationship.
(d) To keep people from knowing about their relationship.
2. What does Jason stop a freshman from doing to a flyer for the GSA in Chapter 22?
(a) Putting it up.
(b) Covering it up.
(c) Tearing it down.
(d) Defacing it.
3. To whom does Brick reveal the apartment really belongs after his encounter with Nelson in Chapter 15?
(a) His parents.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His boyfriend.
(d) His brother.
4. How does Jason's mother react when Jason's father breaks his stereo?
(a) She criticizes him and takes Jason out to dinner.
(b) She does nothing.
(c) She cries.
(d) She laughs.
5. How old does Nelson tell Brick he is in Chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Kyle give his parents for not telling them sooner about the harassment he has suffered due to his sexuality?
2. For what reason does Nelson reveal his mother has grounded him in Chapter 17?
3. Why does Jason turn up the sound on his stereo in Chapter 13, causing his father to become angry?
4. Why does Shea suggest Nelson has begun talking to an older man over the Internet?
5. Who comes to Jason's home in Chapter 22 to repair their relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nelson hook up with Blake at a Rainbow Youth party? What happens?
2. What does Kyle say when he kisses Jason? How does Jason respond?
3. How does Jason's father respond to Kyle and Nelson? How does Jason deal with his father's reaction?
4. Why does Jason feel that his father's leaving is his fault? How does Jason's father compare to Kyle and Nelson's fathers in this novel?
5. How does Corey react to the news that Jason is gay? What advice does he give Jason?
6. How does Nelson's mother respond to the information that Nelson had an unprotected sexual encounter? What impact does her response have on Nelson?
7. Who does Nelson tell Shea he has been contacting over the Internet? For what reason does Shea suggest Nelson has been contacting this person?
8. Nelson and his mother both speak at the school board meeting to support the beginning of a Gay-Straight Alliance club at the high school. What does Nelson talk about and what impact does it have on the board and those who oppose the club?
9. How does Nelson feel when his father fails to pick him up for their pre-arranged dinner plans?
10. How does Debra react when Jason tells her that he thinks he might be gay?
This section contains 1,332 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)