|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jason stop a freshman from doing to a flyer for the GSA in Chapter 22?
(a) Covering it up.
(b) Putting it up.
(c) Defacing it.
(d) Tearing it down.
2. Who is Dane?
(a) Brick's boyfriend.
(b) Kyle's ex-best friend.
(c) Blake's ex-boyfriend.
(d) Shea's brother.
3. How does Kyle think his father will react to his participation in a fight?
(a) He will be angry with Jack.
(b) He will want to press charges.
(c) He will blame his choice of sexuality.
(d) He will blame Nelson.
4. What change to Jason's future plans has taken place now that his father is gone?
(a) He can no longer afford what his scholarship will not pay.
(b) He has to stay home to care for his mother.
(c) Nothing, he still plans to attend Tech.
(d) He might not go away to college.
5. What beverage does Nelson drink while alone with an older man in Chapter 12?
(a) Rum and coke.
(c) Vodka and coke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nelson's mother threaten to call if he does not tell her what is causing his depression?
2. How long does Debra claim it has been since she and Jason last talked in Chapter 13?
3. What causes the chaos in Jason's home during the Christmas break as described in Chapter 16?
4. Who does Kyle ask to attend a high school basketball game with him in Chapter 20?
5. What changes in Jason and Kyle's relationship in Chapter 20 after the fight between Nelson and Kyle and Jack and Jose?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Debra react when Jason tells her that he thinks he might be gay?
2. What happens when Jason and his father get into an altercation over the volume of his stereo?
3. How does Jason respond to the kiss he has shared with Kyle?
4. Why does Nelson hook up with Blake at a Rainbow Youth party? What happens?
5. What happens when Jason comes across Jack Ransom and his friends fighting with Nelson and Kyle? How does Jason respond?
6. How does Kyle's father react to the fight in which Kyle has recently been involved? Why does this surprise and please Kyle?
7. How does Corey react to the news that Jason is gay? What advice does he give Jason?
8. How do Kyle's parents respond to a harassing phone call placed to their home in response to Kyle's involvement in the forming of a GSA club at school? How does this inspire Kyle to stand up for himself in an unusual way?
9. How does Jason's father respond to Kyle and Nelson? How does Jason deal with his father's reaction?
10. Who approaches Jason in the final chapter of the book? For what reason?
This section contains 1,264 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)