|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes in Jason and Kyle's relationship in Chapter 20 after the fight between Nelson and Kyle and Jack and Jose?
(a) Jason tells Kyle to leave him alone.
(b) Jason distances himself from Kyle.
(c) Jason asks Kyle to be his boyfriend.
(d) Jason becomes more friendly toward Kyle.
2. Why is Nelson in a hurry to have a sexual experience?
(a) He wants to impress Kyle with his experience.
(b) He feels sex will make him more mature.
(c) He thinks love and sex are the same thing.
(d) He is bored.
3. Why does Jason make the final decision to attend the meeting?
(a) He feels responsible for protecting Nelson.
(b) He is tired of lying.
(c) He wants to support Nelson and Kyle.
(d) He is afraid Kyle will be mad at him.
4. What argument does Ms. MacTrough give for the approval of the GSA?
(a) That it will offer counseling for students in trouble.
(b) That it will offer scholastic help for those in need.
(c) That it will give students a safe place to work out their sexual confusion.
(d) That it will promote tolerance.
5. What item does Nelson's mother use to support her arguments in favor of the GSA?
(a) A picture of Nelson on the day he began school.
(b) A picture of the Gay Rights parade.
(c) A picture of the Constitution.
(d) A picture of Nelson and Kyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Jason been treating Kyle since their trip to the movies?
2. What beverage does Nelson drink while alone with an older man in Chapter 12?
3. What illness does Nelson learn Jeremy has been diagnosed with in Chapter 18?
4. To what school does Jason receive a scholarship?
5. What causes the chaos in Jason's home during the Christmas break as described in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kyle's father react to the fight in which Kyle has recently been involved? Why does this surprise and please Kyle?
2. What happens when Jason comes across Jack Ransom and his friends fighting with Nelson and Kyle? How does Jason respond?
3. How does Nelson's mother respond to the information that Nelson had an unprotected sexual encounter? What impact does her response have on Nelson?
4. How does Corey react to the news that Jason is gay? What advice does he give Jason?
5. Why does Nelson hook up with Blake at a Rainbow Youth party? What happens?
6. With whom does Nelson go out in this chapter of the novel? What is different about this date than some of Nelson's other social encounters?
7. What does Kyle say when he kisses Jason? How does Jason respond?
8. Nelson and his mother both speak at the school board meeting to support the beginning of a Gay-Straight Alliance club at the high school. What does Nelson talk about and what impact does it have on the board and those who oppose the club?
9. Who approaches Jason in the final chapter of the book? For what reason?
10. Why does Jason feel that his father's leaving is his fault? How does Jason's father compare to Kyle and Nelson's fathers in this novel?
This section contains 1,404 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)