|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Kyle give for not reporting the harassing phone calls he has received to the school authorities?
(a) They will not do anything.
(b) He does not want to draw more attention to himself.
(c) He is embarassed.
(d) He can handle it.
2. From whom does Nelson receive an impersonal Christmas card in Chapter 15?
(b) His father.
(c) His cousin.
3. What does Brick serve Nelson to drink when they arrive at his apartment in Chapter 15?
4. How does Jason's mother react when Jason's father breaks his stereo?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She does nothing.
(c) She criticizes him and takes Jason out to dinner.
(d) She cries.
5. Why is Jason convinced that going to the first GSA meeting would be a mistake?
(a) Everyone is making fun of it and those invovled.
(b) It will reveal to the world who is gay.
(c) He does not believe it will help anything.
(d) He is still afraid of losing his scholarship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason stop a freshman from doing to a flyer for the GSA in Chapter 22?
2. Who does Kyle ask to attend a high school basketball game with him in Chapter 20?
3. Who comes to Jason's home in Chapter 22 to repair their relationship?
4. What item does Debra return to Jason when they break up?
5. For the first time, with whom does Jason stop to talk in the hallway at school in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Kyle's parents respond to a harassing phone call placed to their home in response to Kyle's involvement in the forming of a GSA club at school? How does this inspire Kyle to stand up for himself in an unusual way?
2. Who does Nelson tell Shea he has been contacting over the Internet? For what reason does Shea suggest Nelson has been contacting this person?
3. What happens to Nelson that makes Jason feel the need to interfere? What does Jason do?
4. Why does Nelson hook up with Blake at a Rainbow Youth party? What happens?
5. How does Kyle react to Nelson's confession of an unprotected sexual encounter? How does this situation impact Kyle?
6. With whom does Nelson go out in this chapter of the novel? What is different about this date than some of Nelson's other social encounters?
7. What happens when Jason and his father get into an altercation over the volume of his stereo?
8. Nelson and his mother both speak at the school board meeting to support the beginning of a Gay-Straight Alliance club at the high school. What does Nelson talk about and what impact does it have on the board and those who oppose the club?
9. What does Kyle say when he kisses Jason? How does Jason respond?
10. How does Jason's father respond to Kyle and Nelson? How does Jason deal with his father's reaction?
This section contains 1,288 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)