|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jason stop Kyle from sitting at the athletes table in the cafeteria in Chapter 16?
(a) To embarass Kyle.
(b) To keep people from knowing about their relationship.
(c) To make Kyle leave him alone.
(d) To end their relationship.
2. How does Kyle tell Jason the fight began?
(a) Nelson responded to taunts by Jack and his friends.
(b) Jack just stopped for no reason.
(c) Nelson yelled an insult at Jack.
(d) Nelson threw a bottle at Jack's truck.
3. How old does Nelson tell Brick he is in Chapter 15?
4. What reason does Kyle give for not reporting the harassing phone calls he has received to the school authorities?
(a) They will not do anything.
(b) He is embarassed.
(c) He does not want to draw more attention to himself.
(d) He can handle it.
5. What item does Debra return to Jason when they break up?
(a) A ring.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) A necklace.
(d) His class ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Nelson and Kyle learn has happened to their club request to the school board?
2. Who does Kyle ask to attend a high school basketball game with him in Chapter 20?
3. To what school does Jason receive a scholarship?
4. Why does Shea suggest Nelson has begun talking to an older man over the Internet?
5. What does Nelson's father tell him he needs to practice more in his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kyle react to Nelson's confession of an unprotected sexual encounter? How does this situation impact Kyle?
2. How does Kyle's father react to meeting Jason for the first time? How does this make Kyle feel?
3. How does Debra react when Jason tells her that he thinks he might be gay?
4. What happens to Nelson that makes Jason feel the need to interfere? What does Jason do?
5. How does Nelson feel when his father fails to pick him up for their pre-arranged dinner plans?
6. Why does Nelson hook up with Blake at a Rainbow Youth party? What happens?
7. How do Kyle's parents respond to a harassing phone call placed to their home in response to Kyle's involvement in the forming of a GSA club at school? How does this inspire Kyle to stand up for himself in an unusual way?
8. What happens when Jason and his father get into an altercation over the volume of his stereo?
9. What does Nelson's father say to Nelson on the phone? What does this conversation suggest about Nelson's relationship with his father?
10. Who approaches Jason in the final chapter of the book? For what reason?
This section contains 1,232 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)