|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jason stop Kyle from sitting at the athletes table in the cafeteria in Chapter 16?
(a) To make Kyle leave him alone.
(b) To keep people from knowing about their relationship.
(c) To end their relationship.
(d) To embarass Kyle.
2. Why is Jason convinced that going to the first GSA meeting would be a mistake?
(a) It will reveal to the world who is gay.
(b) He is still afraid of losing his scholarship.
(c) He does not believe it will help anything.
(d) Everyone is making fun of it and those invovled.
3. What changes in Jason and Kyle's relationship in Chapter 20 after the fight between Nelson and Kyle and Jack and Jose?
(a) Jason distances himself from Kyle.
(b) Jason asks Kyle to be his boyfriend.
(c) Jason becomes more friendly toward Kyle.
(d) Jason tells Kyle to leave him alone.
4. What do Nelson and Kyle learn has happened to their club request to the school board?
(a) It is approved.
(b) It is approved with conditions.
(c) It is approved, but only for the rest of the semester.
(d) It is declined.
5. Why does Jason go to Kyle's house in Chapter 14?
(a) For more tutoring help.
(b) To ask for help with Debra.
(c) To ask Kyle not to tell anyone about what happened at the movies.
(d) To apologize for recent behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the chaos in Jason's home during the Christmas break as described in Chapter 16?
2. For what reason does Jason tell Debra he can no longer be with her?
3. What happens during basketball practice in Chapter 16 that makes Jason wonder if he has become a target of intolerance?
4. Why does Shea suggest Nelson has begun talking to an older man over the Internet?
5. How does Jason's father feel about this scholarship?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nelson's mother respond to the information that Nelson had an unprotected sexual encounter? What impact does her response have on Nelson?
2. Who does Nelson tell Shea he has been contacting over the Internet? For what reason does Shea suggest Nelson has been contacting this person?
3. Why does Jason feel that his father's leaving is his fault? How does Jason's father compare to Kyle and Nelson's fathers in this novel?
4. How does Debra react when Jason tells her that he thinks he might be gay?
5. How does Kyle's father react to meeting Jason for the first time? How does this make Kyle feel?
6. What does Nelson's father say to Nelson on the phone? What does this conversation suggest about Nelson's relationship with his father?
7. What happens when Jason and his father get into an altercation over the volume of his stereo?
8. What does Kyle say when he kisses Jason? How does Jason respond?
9. Nelson and his mother both speak at the school board meeting to support the beginning of a Gay-Straight Alliance club at the high school. What does Nelson talk about and what impact does it have on the board and those who oppose the club?
10. How does Jason respond to the kiss he has shared with Kyle?
This section contains 1,438 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)