|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Shea angry with Nelson when he calls her in chapter 18?
(a) He missed her engagement party.
(b) He did not respond when she needed him.
(c) He forgot her birthday.
(d) He did not buy her anything for Christmas.
2. What changes in Jason and Kyle's relationship in Chapter 20 after the fight between Nelson and Kyle and Jack and Jose?
(a) Jason asks Kyle to be his boyfriend.
(b) Jason becomes more friendly toward Kyle.
(c) Jason tells Kyle to leave him alone.
(d) Jason distances himself from Kyle.
3. Why does Nelson have Shea take pictures of him in Chapter 15?
(a) To post on the Internet.
(b) To begin a modeling career.
(c) To give to Kyle.
(d) To send to his father.
4. What does Kyle's father suggest he might do after Kyle's fight with Jack and Jose?
(a) Read more about homosexuality.
(b) Go to a Rainbow Youth meeting.
(c) Join PFLAG.
(d) Stop accusing Kyle of choosing his sexuality.
5. What change to Jason's future plans has taken place now that his father is gone?
(a) He has to stay home to care for his mother.
(b) Nothing, he still plans to attend Tech.
(c) He might not go away to college.
(d) He can no longer afford what his scholarship will not pay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jason's parents fight about in Chapter 16?
2. How does Nelson's mother react to the fight Nelson and Kyle got into with Jack and Jose?
3. What illness does Nelson learn Jeremy has been diagnosed with in Chapter 18?
4. What does Jason stop a freshman from doing to a flyer for the GSA in Chapter 22?
5. Why does Kyle go to see Nelson in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kyle's father react to meeting Jason for the first time? How does this make Kyle feel?
2. Why does Nelson hook up with Blake at a Rainbow Youth party? What happens?
3. Why does Jason feel that his father's leaving is his fault? How does Jason's father compare to Kyle and Nelson's fathers in this novel?
4. What happens when Jason comes across Jack Ransom and his friends fighting with Nelson and Kyle? How does Jason respond?
5. How does Jason respond to the kiss he has shared with Kyle?
6. What happens when Jason and his father get into an altercation over the volume of his stereo?
7. How does Debra react when Jason tells her that he thinks he might be gay?
8. How does Nelson's mother respond to the information that Nelson had an unprotected sexual encounter? What impact does her response have on Nelson?
9. How does Kyle react to Nelson's confession of an unprotected sexual encounter? How does this situation impact Kyle?
10. Where does Nelson meet Brick? What happens when Nelson meets Brick at a local coffee bar?
This section contains 1,321 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)