|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nelson's mother threaten to call if he does not tell her what is causing his depression?
(a) His father.
(b) The doctor.
2. Why does Kyle go to see Nelson in Chapter 17?
(a) To hide from his parents.
(b) Nelson has not been to school.
(c) To work on homework together.
(d) To vent about Jason.
3. Who does Kyle ask to attend a high school basketball game with him in Chapter 20?
(c) His father.
4. How does Nelson's mother react to the fight Nelson and Kyle got into with Jack and Jose?
(a) She wants to press charges.
(b) She blames Kyle.
(c) She wants to have a meeting with the school principal.
(d) She blames Nelson's temper.
5. How does Kyle think his father will react to his participation in a fight?
(a) He will be angry with Jack.
(b) He will blame Nelson.
(c) He will blame his choice of sexuality.
(d) He will want to press charges.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Brick reveal the apartment really belongs after his encounter with Nelson in Chapter 15?
2. What illness does Nelson learn Jeremy has been diagnosed with in Chapter 18?
3. What happens in chapter 18 when Nelson tries to contact Brick?
4. How long does Debra claim it has been since she and Jason last talked in Chapter 13?
5. What does Brick serve Nelson to drink when they arrive at his apartment in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Jason and his father get into an altercation over the volume of his stereo?
2. Why does Jason feel that his father's leaving is his fault? How does Jason's father compare to Kyle and Nelson's fathers in this novel?
3. How does Jason respond to the kiss he has shared with Kyle?
4. What does Nelson's father say to Nelson on the phone? What does this conversation suggest about Nelson's relationship with his father?
5. How does Corey react to the news that Jason is gay? What advice does he give Jason?
6. What happens when Jason comes across Jack Ransom and his friends fighting with Nelson and Kyle? How does Jason respond?
7. Who does Nelson tell Shea he has been contacting over the Internet? For what reason does Shea suggest Nelson has been contacting this person?
8. What happens to Nelson that makes Jason feel the need to interfere? What does Jason do?
9. What does Kyle say when he kisses Jason? How does Jason respond?
10. Nelson and his mother both speak at the school board meeting to support the beginning of a Gay-Straight Alliance club at the high school. What does Nelson talk about and what impact does it have on the board and those who oppose the club?
This section contains 1,282 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)