|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who meets Nelson and Kyle in the parking lot after school in Chapter 5?
(a) Shea and her friends.
(b) Jason and his friends.
(c) Jack Ransom and his friends.
(d) Blake and his friends.
2. What is Jason's mother reading in Chapter 10?
(a) A self-help book.
(b) A pamphlet for Al-Anon.
(c) A novel.
(d) A pamphlet for PFLAG.
3. What does Jack Ransom do to Nelson to be sentenced to court probation?
(a) Knocks his lunch tray from his hands.
(b) Punches him in the locker room.
(c) Kicks him and shoves his face in the toilet.
(d) Ties him to a flag pole, naked.
4. What college is thought to have a great lesbian community, as discussed in Chapter 6?
5. What type of homework does Kyle's father help him complete in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nelson discover Kyle wrote over and over again on a piece of paper during the Rainbow Youth meeting in Chapter 9?
2. Who does Corey say he heard was running for queen of the dance in Chapter 7?
3. Who is Caitlin?
4. What does Kyle say makes him feel like an alien?
5. What does Kyle reveal to his father that he has always disliked in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Kyle worried about the questions his mother will ask about the magazine she saw in his bedroom? What does Kyle believe his parents' reaction to his sexuality will be?
2. Why is Jason hesitant to attend the Rainbow Youth meeting? Why has he come if he is so afraid?
3. Why does Jason approach Kyle at school the following Monday?
4. How does Jason feel about his girlfriend, Debra? How do these feelings complicate Jason's impression that he might be gay?
5. Why has Kyle not told his parents that he is gay?
6. How does Jason know that Nelson is gay? What does Jason think of Nelson?
7. Who compliments Nelson on his hair during the following school day?
8. What magazine does Nelson give to Kyle? How does Kyle's mother happen to see it?
9. Why does Nelson suggest to Kyle that they experiment sexually with one another? How does Kyle react?
10. What is a Gay-Straight Alliance? What is its purpose?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)