|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of homework does Kyle's father help him complete in Chapter 5?
2. Why does Jason think his friends would not be supportive if he came out as gay to them?
(a) They are afraid of things they do not understand.
(b) They make gay jokes.
(c) They are self-centered and would worry how it would look to others.
(d) They bully kids like Nelson.
3. To what is Fenner Farley opposed in Chapter 11?
(a) Bullying in schools.
(b) Nelson in general.
(c) The GSA.
4. What is different about Kyle's appearance in Chapter 6?
(a) His braces are off.
(b) He has new clothes.
(c) He has new shoes.
(d) He has new glasses.
5. When doers Kyle first realize he is different from other boys his age?
(a) When he first sees Jason.
(b) When he is very young.
(c) When he meets Nelson.
(d) When his father first takes him to see a sports game.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jason not want to talk about what happened between he and Kyle in the theater?
2. What did Jason think would happen if someone saw him holding hands with Kyle in the movie theater?
3. How many times does Jason walk around the block before finally entering the Rainbow Youth meeting?
4. How many narrators are there in this novel?
5. What does Kyle suddenly realize about Nelson at the end of Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jason hesitant to attend the Rainbow Youth meeting? Why has he come if he is so afraid?
2. Why does Jack Ransom corner Nelson and Kyle in the parking lot of the school? What is his intention?
3. Why has Kyle not told his parents that he is gay?
4. How does Jason know that Nelson is gay? What does Jason think of Nelson?
5. Why is Nelson bothered by Kyle's crush on Jason?
6. Who is Jack Ransom? Why does he dislike Nelson?
7. What conversation do Jason's friends have at homecoming that makes Jason uncomfortable?
8. How does Nelson reveal some of his self-doubts while alone with Kyle in Chapter 6?
9. Why does Nelson take a picture of Kyle with his Polaroid camera? How does Nelson feel about Kyle?
10. How does Kyle happen to give Jason a ride home from school in Chapter 5? Why does Jason become annoyed with Kyle?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)