|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jason let go of Kyle's hand in the movie theater in Chapter 10?
(a) Kyle pulls away.
(b) Debra comes into the theater with friends.
(c) A man walks toward them and might see.
(d) Corey's warning frightens him.
2. Who gives Jason the item he is wearing in Chapter 4 of which his father disapproves?
(c) His mother.
3. How many narrators are there in this novel?
4. Why does Nelson get angry with Kyle in Chapter 3?
(a) For not standing up against Jack for him.
(b) For not admiring his hair.
(c) For making him walk alone in the rain.
(d) For thinking he might have told about Jason and the Rainbow Youth meeting.
5. To what does Kyle compare kissing Nelson?
(a) To kissing his brother.
(b) To kissing his mother.
(c) To kissing his sister.
(d) To kissing his grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Nelson's mother complains to the principal about the bullying Nelson experiences with Jack Ransom?
2. What is a brownstone?
3. What does Kyle's mother find on the floor of Kyle's room in Chapter 8?
4. Why does Kyle not tell his mother what is on his mind in the beginning of Chapter 8?
5. What item does Jason wear in Chapter 4 that his father tells him to take off?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who compliments Nelson on his hair during the following school day?
2. What sport does Jason play? Why does Jason think that playing this sport and having a steady girlfriend makes it impossible for him to be gay?
3. How does Kyle's mother ask about the magazine and learn about Kyle's sexuality?
4. Who is Shea? How does Nelson know her?
5. How does Nelson reveal some of his self-doubts while alone with Kyle in Chapter 6?
6. What is a Gay-Straight Alliance? What is its purpose?
7. Why does Jason speak to Kyle at school? Why does Corey warn him that being seen with Kyle at school could be dangerous?
8. Why does Jack Ransom corner Nelson and Kyle in the parking lot of the school? What is his intention?
9. Who does Jason find himself thinking about while making out with Debra? How does this make him feel?
10. Why does Jason approach Kyle at school the following Monday?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)