|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nelson give to Kyle at school in Chapter 2?
(a) A button with a gay slogan.
(b) A tape of a music group.
(c) A letter from Jason.
(d) An invitation to a party.
2. Why do the kids at school dislike Nelson?
(a) He is a loner.
(b) He is a bully.
(c) He is openly gay and flamboyant in his personality.
(d) He is unattractive.
3. Who meets Nelson and Kyle in the parking lot after school in Chapter 5?
(a) Shea and her friends.
(b) Blake and his friends.
(c) Jason and his friends.
(d) Jack Ransom and his friends.
4. Why does Kyle choose to join the swim team?
(a) He is not good at any other sport.
(b) He thinks it will help his social life.
(c) He wants to impress Jason.
(d) To make his mother happy.
5. What color dress does Debra wear to the dance in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of music does Kyle play for Jason during their tutoring session?
2. What item of clothing does Kyle constantly wear, no matter the circumstances or weather?
3. What does Jason spend most of the movie, in Chapter 4, thinking about?
4. What drawing does Jason's sister show to him in Chapter 4?
5. Who interrupts Kyle's conversation at school with Jason the Monday after the Rainbow Youth meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Kyle worried about the questions his mother will ask about the magazine she saw in his bedroom? What does Kyle believe his parents' reaction to his sexuality will be?
2. What happens when Jason invites Kyle to the movies? How does Jason feel about this?
3. How does Jason respond after the homecoming dance when Debra tries to seduce him? What does he tell her?
4. What is one of the names that Jason's father often calls him? How does this impact Jason?
5. Why is Nelson bothered by Kyle's crush on Jason?
6. Who does Jason find himself thinking about while making out with Debra? How does this make him feel?
7. How does Nelson reveal some of his self-doubts while alone with Kyle in Chapter 6?
8. How does Jason feel when his friends joke about Nelson and other homosexuals at their school? What does he do?
9. Why does Nelson become annoyed with Kyle when all he wants to talk about is Jason?
10. How does Jason know that Nelson is gay? What does Jason think of Nelson?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)