|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kyle reveal to his father that he has always disliked in Chapter 11?
(a) Family vacations.
(c) Going to grandma's.
2. What did Jason and his friends drink in the parking lot before going to the dance in Chapter 7?
(b) Mint schnaps.
(c) Vodka and Pepsi.
3. What does Jack Ransom do to Nelson to be sentenced to court probation?
(a) Knocks his lunch tray from his hands.
(b) Kicks him and shoves his face in the toilet.
(c) Ties him to a flag pole, naked.
(d) Punches him in the locker room.
4. Where does Kyle go for some privacy in Chapter 8?
(a) A park across from Jason's house.
(b) The family car.
(c) The library.
5. What does Nelson give to Kyle at school in Chapter 2?
(a) A tape of a music group.
(b) A button with a gay slogan.
(c) A letter from Jason.
(d) An invitation to a party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of music does Kyle play for Jason during their tutoring session?
2. Why does Jason feel he cannot talk about his confusion about his sexuality with his father?
3. What does Kyle say makes him feel like an alien?
4. Why does Jason not want to talk about what happened between he and Kyle in the theater?
5. Why do Nelson and Kyle go to see Ms. MacTrough in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jason feel when his friends joke about Nelson and other homosexuals at their school? What does he do?
2. What sport does Jason play? Why does Jason think that playing this sport and having a steady girlfriend makes it impossible for him to be gay?
3. How do Nelson and Kyle become friends?
4. What happens when Jason invites Kyle to the movies? How does Jason feel about this?
5. How does Nelson reveal some of his self-doubts while alone with Kyle in Chapter 6?
6. Why does Nelson take a picture of Kyle with his Polaroid camera? How does Nelson feel about Kyle?
7. Why is Jason hesitant to attend the Rainbow Youth meeting? Why has he come if he is so afraid?
8. Why is Nelson bothered by Kyle's crush on Jason?
9. How does Jason respond after the homecoming dance when Debra tries to seduce him? What does he tell her?
10. How does Kyle's mother ask about the magazine and learn about Kyle's sexuality?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)