|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kyle choose to join the swim team?
(a) To make his mother happy.
(b) He is not good at any other sport.
(c) He thinks it will help his social life.
(d) He wants to impress Jason.
2. What law does Kyle cite when Mr. Mueller attempts to deny Kyle and Nelson the right to begin a new club at the school?
(a) The Federal Equal Access Act.
(b) The Bill of Rights.
(c) The Equal Rights Amendment.
(d) The First Amendment of the Constitution.
3. What bothers Jason about his intimate relationship with Debra, as he expresses in Chapter 4?
(a) He always makes the moves.
(b) He is not attracted to her.
(c) She never seems interested.
(d) She seems overly interested.
4. What does the principal ask Nelson to do about his behavior?
(a) Become more social.
(b) Stop bullying people.
(c) Act normal.
(d) Stop instigating fights.
5. What color dress does Debra wear to the dance in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the kids at school dislike Nelson?
2. Who meets Nelson and Kyle in the parking lot after school in Chapter 5?
3. What type of homework does Kyle's father help him complete in Chapter 5?
4. Where does Kyle have a picture of Jason he often looks at?
5. What does Kyle suddenly realize about Nelson at the end of Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nelson suggest to Kyle that they experiment sexually with one another? How does Kyle react?
2. How do Nelson and Kyle become friends?
3. How does Jason feel when his friends joke about Nelson and other homosexuals at their school? What does he do?
4. Why do Nelson and Kyle want to begin a Gay-Straight Alliance at their high school? Who opposes the idea?
5. What magazine does Nelson give to Kyle? How does Kyle's mother happen to see it?
6. Why does Jason speak to Kyle at school? Why does Corey warn him that being seen with Kyle at school could be dangerous?
7. Why is Kyle worried about the questions his mother will ask about the magazine she saw in his bedroom? What does Kyle believe his parents' reaction to his sexuality will be?
8. Why does Jason approach Kyle at school the following Monday?
9. What uncomfortable situation happens over Thanksgiving to Kyle and his parents?
10. Who is Jack Ransom? Why does he dislike Nelson?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)