|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of homework does Kyle's father help him complete in Chapter 5?
2. What did Jason think would happen if someone saw him holding hands with Kyle in the movie theater?
(a) He would be humiliated.
(b) His father would find out and kill him.
(c) Everyone would learn he is gay.
(d) He would be arrested.
3. Why do Nelson and Kyle go to see Ms. MacTrough in Chapter 5?
(a) To discuss their college applications.
(b) To ask her to be the faculty advisor for the GSA.
(c) To discuss their grades.
(d) To prepare for placement tests.
4. What does Jason spend most of the movie, in Chapter 4, thinking about?
(a) His father.
(b) His attraction to one of the actors.
(c) His unhappiness in his relationship with Debra.
(d) His friends' comments about gays.
5. Who gives Jason the item he is wearing in Chapter 4 of which his father disapproves?
(c) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Jason's parents fighting about when Jason comes home in Chapter 10?
2. Where does Kyle have a picture of Jason he often looks at?
3. What does Kyle tell Nelson about Jason in Chapter 6?
4. With whom does Nelson's mother suggest Nelson is in love in Chapter 6?
5. What does Kyle's mother find on the floor of Kyle's room in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nelson become annoyed with Kyle when all he wants to talk about is Jason?
2. What is one of the names that Jason's father often calls him? How does this impact Jason?
3. How does Kyle react to seeing Jason at the Rainbow Youth meeting? How does Jason react to seeing Kyle?
4. Why does Jason's teacher warn him that he needs to change his studying methods? Who does Jason turn to for help?
5. Who is Shea? How does Nelson know her?
6. What does Nelson's father say to Nelson on the phone? What does this conversation suggest about Nelson's relationship with his father?
7. How does Kyle's father react when Kyle announces he is gay?
8. What conversation do Jason's friends have at homecoming that makes Jason uncomfortable?
9. How does Nelson reveal some of his self-doubts while alone with Kyle in Chapter 6?
10. Who compliments Nelson on his hair during the following school day?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)