|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Nelson's mother suggest Nelson is in love in Chapter 6?
2. What does Nelson think Kyle smells of most of the time?
(a) Chlorine from the pool.
3. What if PFLAG?
(a) An organization for parents of athletes.
(b) An organization for student athletes.
(c) An organization for gays and lesbians.
(d) An organization for parents of gays and lesbians.
4. What does Kyle knock over while trying to help Jason that draws attention to them?
(d) A podium.
5. How many times does Jason walk around the block before finally entering the Rainbow Youth meeting?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wakes Kyle the next morning, in Chapter 8?
2. What does Jack Ransom do to Nelson to be sentenced to court probation?
3. What drawing does Jason's sister show to him in Chapter 4?
4. What does Nelson give to Jason before he leaves the meeting?
5. Why does Jason feel he cannot talk about his confusion about his sexuality with his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jason's father respond to Kyle and Nelson? How does Jason deal with his father's reaction?
2. How does Nelson's mother respond to the information that Nelson had an unprotected sexual encounter? What impact does her response have on Nelson?
3. How does Nelson respond to the news that Kyle is tutoring Jason in math?
4. How does Kyle's father react to the fight in which Kyle has recently been involved? Why does this surprise and please Kyle?
5. What happens when Jason and his father get into an altercation over the volume of his stereo?
6. What happens when Jason comes across Jack Ransom and his friends fighting with Nelson and Kyle? How does Jason respond?
7. Why does Jason approach Kyle at school the following Monday?
8. Why does Nelson hook up with Blake at a Rainbow Youth party? What happens?
9. How does Jason respond after the homecoming dance when Debra tries to seduce him? What does he tell her?
10. Nelson and his mother both speak at the school board meeting to support the beginning of a Gay-Straight Alliance club at the high school. What does Nelson talk about and what impact does it have on the board and those who oppose the club?
This section contains 1,218 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)