|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Corey say he heard was running for queen of the dance in Chapter 7?
2. What is a brownstone?
(a) Slang for gravel.
(b) A geological artifact.
(c) A type of precious stone.
(d) A type of building.
3. Why does Jason let go of Kyle's hand in the movie theater in Chapter 10?
(a) A man walks toward them and might see.
(b) Corey's warning frightens him.
(c) Kyle pulls away.
(d) Debra comes into the theater with friends.
4. What color does Nelson dye his hair?
5. What does Nelson say is the purpose of the new club he and Kyle want to start at the high school?
(a) To give gays a social outlet.
(b) To provide dating services for all students.
(c) To promote tolerance.
(d) To raise money for athletic clubs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nature of the hotline Jason calls over the summer?
2. What new hairstyle does Nelson get in Chapter 6?
3. Who is applying to colleges, as discussed in Chapter 6?
4. Why does Jason think his friends would not be supportive if he came out as gay to them?
5. What word does Kyle's mother use to describe Nelson?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Nelson bothered by Kyle's crush on Jason?
2. What sport does Jason play? Why does Jason think that playing this sport and having a steady girlfriend makes it impossible for him to be gay?
3. Why is Kyle worried about the questions his mother will ask about the magazine she saw in his bedroom? What does Kyle believe his parents' reaction to his sexuality will be?
4. How does Kyle's mother ask about the magazine and learn about Kyle's sexuality?
5. Why does Jason approach Kyle at school the following Monday?
6. Who is Jack Ransom? Why does he dislike Nelson?
7. How do Nelson and Kyle become friends?
8. How does Jason respond after the homecoming dance when Debra tries to seduce him? What does he tell her?
9. Why does Nelson suggest to Kyle that they experiment sexually with one another? How does Kyle react?
10. How does Nelson reveal some of his self-doubts while alone with Kyle in Chapter 6?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)