|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jason not want to end his relationship with Debra despite his feelings he might be gay?
(a) He is afraid of what people will say.
(b) He is afraid of what his father will think.
(c) He does not want to hurt her.
(d) He likes her too much.
2. Who meets Nelson and Kyle in the parking lot after school in Chapter 5?
(a) Shea and her friends.
(b) Jack Ransom and his friends.
(c) Jason and his friends.
(d) Blake and his friends.
3. What does Nelson think Kyle should do at school in Chapter 8?
(a) Ask Jason out to the movies.
(b) Paint a picture of Jason.
(c) Ask a girl to the movies.
(d) Skip his classes.
4. What does Debra talk about during the dance that makes Jason unhappy?
(a) Nelson and Kyle.
(b) Nelson and her sex life with Jason.
(c) Jason's sexual confusion and their plans for the future.
(d) Her sex life and her plans for the future.
5. What does Kyle's mother say he will never have because he is gay?
(c) True love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What upcoming social event do Nelson and Kyle talk about in Chapter 6?
2. Who gives Jason the item he is wearing in Chapter 4 of which his father disapproves?
3. What does Kyle suggest is the only cause of bullying Nelson suffers at the high school?
4. Why do the kids at school dislike Nelson?
5. Where does Jason hear about Rainbow Youth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nelson push the issue of he and Kyle sharing a kiss just for the experience of it. What does Kyle do when Nelson forces a kiss on him?
2. How does Kyle happen to give Jason a ride home from school in Chapter 5? Why does Jason become annoyed with Kyle?
3. How does Kyle's father react when Kyle announces he is gay?
4. What causes an argument between Kyle and his father after a football game? How does Kyle react to his father's apology? What do the actions of Kyle's father suggest about their relationship?
5. Why is Nelson bothered by Kyle's crush on Jason?
6. How does Nelson reveal some of his self-doubts while alone with Kyle in Chapter 6?
7. How does Jason react when he sees Nelson in the Rainbow Youth meeting? Why?
8. What sport does Jason play? Why does Jason think that playing this sport and having a steady girlfriend makes it impossible for him to be gay?
9. Why do Nelson and Kyle want to begin a Gay-Straight Alliance at their high school? Who opposes the idea?
10. What magazine does Nelson give to Kyle? How does Kyle's mother happen to see it?
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)