|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kyle give Nelson in Chapter 3?
(a) His sweatshirt.
(b) His umbrella.
(c) A new earring.
(d) A new phone.
2. What is Nelson searching for as his mother rushes him to get to school in Chapter 6?
(a) His camera.
(b) His books.
(c) His cellphone.
(d) His favorite shirt.
3. What makes Jason think he might be gay, or possibly bisexual?
(a) An attraction to Nelson.
(b) Fear of intimacy with his girlfriend.
(c) Thoughts of Kyle.
(d) Dreams about naked men.
4. Why does Jason feel he cannot talk about his confusion about his sexuality with his father?
(a) His father is an absentee dad.
(b) His father would think differently about him.
(c) He is afraid his father would kill him.
(d) He does not want to burden his father with his problems.
5. What does Kyle's father show him when he gets home in Chapter 2?
(a) Tickets to an amusement park.
(b) Tickets to the Redskins game the Sunday after Thanksgiving.
(c) Tickets to Cats.
(d) Tickets to the circus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Kyle unsure about keeping the magazine at his house?
2. What does Kyle suggest is the only cause of bullying Nelson suffers at the high school?
3. What does Nelson say is the purpose of the new club he and Kyle want to start at the high school?
4. What does Jason find in his mother's purse in Chapter 4 while looking for money?
5. Why is Jason afraid that Kyle will go through with the tutoring session?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jason respond after the homecoming dance when Debra tries to seduce him? What does he tell her?
2. What is one of the names that Jason's father often calls him? How does this impact Jason?
3. How does Jason feel when his friends joke about Nelson and other homosexuals at their school? What does he do?
4. What happens when Jason invites Kyle to the movies? How does Jason feel about this?
5. Why does Jack Ransom corner Nelson and Kyle in the parking lot of the school? What is his intention?
6. Why does Nelson suggest to Kyle that they experiment sexually with one another? How does Kyle react?
7. Why does Jason speak to Kyle at school? Why does Corey warn him that being seen with Kyle at school could be dangerous?
8. How does Kyle's mother ask about the magazine and learn about Kyle's sexuality?
9. How do Nelson and Kyle become friends?
10. How does Jason know that Nelson is gay? What does Jason think of Nelson?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)