|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Kyle and Jason study?
(a) Jason's house.
(b) The library.
(c) The local diner.
(d) Kyle's house.
2. What does the principal ask Nelson to do about his behavior?
(a) Stop instigating fights.
(b) Become more social.
(c) Stop bullying people.
(d) Act normal.
3. What is the nature of the hotline Jason calls over the summer?
(a) A hotline to help teens who are suicidal.
(b) A hotline to help teens with financial problems.
(c) A hotline to help teens whose parents are alcholics.
(d) A hotline to help teens deal with issues concerning their sexuality.
4. What does Kyle say makes him feel like an alien?
(a) His thinning hair.
(b) His acne.
(c) His braces.
(d) His friendship with Nelson.
5. With whom does Nelson's mother suggest Nelson is in love in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color dress does Debra wear to the dance in Chapter 7?
2. What type of homework does Kyle's father help him complete in Chapter 5?
3. What does Kyle reveal he was afraid his parents would do when they learned about his sexuality?
4. From whom does Nelson crave attention as he states in Chapter 3?
5. Who does Kyle blame for the way Jason abruptly leaves the Rainbow Youth meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nelson suggest to Kyle that they experiment sexually with one another? How does Kyle react?
2. How does Jason respond after the homecoming dance when Debra tries to seduce him? What does he tell her?
3. Who is Jack Ransom? Why does he dislike Nelson?
4. What is a Gay-Straight Alliance? What is its purpose?
5. Who compliments Nelson on his hair during the following school day?
6. Why is Nelson bothered by Kyle's crush on Jason?
7. How does Jason know that Nelson is gay? What does Jason think of Nelson?
8. What conversation do Jason's friends have at homecoming that makes Jason uncomfortable?
9. How does Kyle's father react when Kyle announces he is gay?
10. How does Jason react when he sees Nelson in the Rainbow Youth meeting? Why?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)