|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the nicknames students have for Ms. MacTrough?
(a) Small Mac.
(b) Mac Nation.
(c) Big Mac.
2. Who is Fenner Farley?
(a) A religious student at the high school.
(b) Nelson's father.
(c) The school principal.
(d) A teacher at the school.
3. How many narrators are there in this novel?
4. Why do Nelson and Kyle go to see Ms. MacTrough in Chapter 5?
(a) To discuss their grades.
(b) To ask her to be the faculty advisor for the GSA.
(c) To prepare for placement tests.
(d) To discuss their college applications.
5. What is a brownstone?
(a) A geological artifact.
(b) A type of precious stone.
(c) A type of building.
(d) Slang for gravel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of the Rainbow Youth meeting the day Jason attends?
2. How long have Debra and Jason been dating as mentioned by Debra in Chapter 7?
3. What does Kyle reveal he was afraid his parents would do when they learned about his sexuality?
4. What item does Jason wear in Chapter 4 that his father tells him to take off?
5. What does Kyle's father show him when he gets home in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Jason invites Kyle to the movies? How does Jason feel about this?
2. Why is Kyle worried about the questions his mother will ask about the magazine she saw in his bedroom? What does Kyle believe his parents' reaction to his sexuality will be?
3. What is one of the names that Jason's father often calls him? How does this impact Jason?
4. Why does Jack Ransom corner Nelson and Kyle in the parking lot of the school? What is his intention?
5. What uncomfortable situation happens over Thanksgiving to Kyle and his parents?
6. How does Kyle happen to give Jason a ride home from school in Chapter 5? Why does Jason become annoyed with Kyle?
7. How does Kyle react to seeing Jason at the Rainbow Youth meeting? How does Jason react to seeing Kyle?
8. Why does Nelson push the issue of he and Kyle sharing a kiss just for the experience of it. What does Kyle do when Nelson forces a kiss on him?
9. Why does Nelson suggest to Kyle that they experiment sexually with one another? How does Kyle react?
10. How does Jason react when he sees Nelson in the Rainbow Youth meeting? Why?
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)