|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kyle wish Nelson would not hang around him at lunch the Monday after the Rainbow Youth meeting?
(a) So Jason will feel free to talk to him.
(b) He is embarrassed by Nelson's appearance.
(c) He no longer wishes to be friends with Nelson.
(d) So no one will figure out he is gay.
2. What is different about Kyle's appearance in Chapter 6?
(a) He has new clothes.
(b) He has new shoes.
(c) His braces are off.
(d) He has new glasses.
3. Why is Nelson unhappy with his appearance?
(a) He thinks he is boring.
(b) He thinks his looks are causing the bullying at school.
(c) He dislikes the color of his eyes.
(d) He wants to attract women.
4. What is one of the nicknames students have for Ms. MacTrough?
(a) Big Mac.
(b) Small Mac.
(d) Mac Nation.
5. What does Kyle suddenly realize about Nelson at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) That he has a crush on Kyle.
(b) That he has a crush on Jason.
(c) That he is lonely.
(d) That he misses his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nelson think Jason is most frightened of?
2. What kind of music does Kyle play for Jason during their tutoring session?
3. What makes Jason think he might be gay, or possibly bisexual?
4. Why do Nelson and Kyle go to see Ms. MacTrough in Chapter 5?
5. What does Kyle say is the cause of his sexuality?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jason hesitant to attend the Rainbow Youth meeting? Why has he come if he is so afraid?
2. How does Kyle's mother ask about the magazine and learn about Kyle's sexuality?
3. Who does Jason find himself thinking about while making out with Debra? How does this make him feel?
4. How does Nelson respond to the news that Kyle is tutoring Jason in math?
5. Why has Kyle not told his parents that he is gay?
6. What is it like when Jason is alone with Kyle for a study session? What do they talk about?
7. How does Jason respond after the homecoming dance when Debra tries to seduce him? What does he tell her?
8. Why does Jack Ransom corner Nelson and Kyle in the parking lot of the school? What is his intention?
9. What happens when Jason invites Kyle to the movies? How does Jason feel about this?
10. Why is Kyle worried about the questions his mother will ask about the magazine she saw in his bedroom? What does Kyle believe his parents' reaction to his sexuality will be?
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)