|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kyle choose to join the swim team?
(a) To make his mother happy.
(b) He is not good at any other sport.
(c) He wants to impress Jason.
(d) He thinks it will help his social life.
2. Why do Nelson and Kyle go to see Ms. MacTrough in Chapter 5?
(a) To discuss their grades.
(b) To prepare for placement tests.
(c) To discuss their college applications.
(d) To ask her to be the faculty advisor for the GSA.
3. What does Jason spend most of the movie, in Chapter 4, thinking about?
(a) His attraction to one of the actors.
(b) His unhappiness in his relationship with Debra.
(c) His father.
(d) His friends' comments about gays.
4. What makes Jason think he might be gay, or possibly bisexual?
(a) Dreams about naked men.
(b) Thoughts of Kyle.
(c) An attraction to Nelson.
(d) Fear of intimacy with his girlfriend.
5. What does the principal ask Nelson to do about his behavior?
(a) Stop instigating fights.
(b) Act normal.
(c) Stop bullying people.
(d) Become more social.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nelson searching for as his mother rushes him to get to school in Chapter 6?
2. Why does Jason want to have intimate relations with his girlfriend?
3. What happens when Nelson's mother complains to the principal about the bullying Nelson experiences with Jack Ransom?
4. What does Kyle give Nelson in Chapter 3?
5. What does Jason find in his mother's purse in Chapter 4 while looking for money?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kyle happen to give Jason a ride home from school in Chapter 5? Why does Jason become annoyed with Kyle?
2. Why is Nelson bothered by Kyle's crush on Jason?
3. Why does Nelson suggest to Kyle that they experiment sexually with one another? How does Kyle react?
4. How does Kyle react to seeing Jason at the Rainbow Youth meeting? How does Jason react to seeing Kyle?
5. What happens when Jason invites Kyle to the movies? How does Jason feel about this?
6. How do Nelson and Kyle become friends?
7. Why does Jason's teacher warn him that he needs to change his studying methods? Who does Jason turn to for help?
8. Who is Shea? How does Nelson know her?
9. What is a Gay-Straight Alliance? What is its purpose?
10. How does Jason respond after the homecoming dance when Debra tries to seduce him? What does he tell her?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)