|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Jason wear in Chapter 4 that his father tells him to take off?
(a) A single, dangling earring.
(b) A chrome bead necklace.
(c) A pair of diamond earrings.
(d) A pink t-shirt.
2. Who wakes Kyle the next morning, in Chapter 8?
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
3. How many times does Jason walk around the block before finally entering the Rainbow Youth meeting?
4. How does Debra appear to feel about the group Nelson wants to start at the high school?
(a) She finds it outrageous based on religious beliefs.
(b) She does not care one way or the other.
(c) She opposes it.
5. What nickname do the kids at school have for Nelson?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kyle blame for the way Jason abruptly leaves the Rainbow Youth meeting?
2. Who claims to be bisexual during the Rainbow Youth meeting?
3. To what does Kyle compare kissing Nelson?
4. What color does Nelson dye his hair?
5. Where do Jason and Debra park after the dance in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the names that Jason's father often calls him? How does this impact Jason?
2. Why is Jason hesitant to attend the Rainbow Youth meeting? Why has he come if he is so afraid?
3. What is a Gay-Straight Alliance? What is its purpose?
4. How does Kyle's mother ask about the magazine and learn about Kyle's sexuality?
5. Who does Jason find himself thinking about while making out with Debra? How does this make him feel?
6. How does Jason respond after the homecoming dance when Debra tries to seduce him? What does he tell her?
7. Who compliments Nelson on his hair during the following school day?
8. Who is Shea? How does Nelson know her?
9. How do Nelson and Kyle become friends?
10. What magazine does Nelson give to Kyle? How does Kyle's mother happen to see it?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)