|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ms. MacTrough?
(a) The art teacher at the high school.
(b) The English teacher at the high school.
(c) The math teacher at the high school.
(d) The guidance counselor at the high school.
2. What does Nelson think Kyle should do at school in Chapter 8?
(a) Paint a picture of Jason.
(b) Skip his classes.
(c) Ask Jason out to the movies.
(d) Ask a girl to the movies.
3. Who does Nelson suggest Kyle take to this upcoming social event that is discussed in Chapter 6?
4. From whom does Nelson crave attention as he states in Chapter 3?
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
5. Why does Jason want to have intimate relations with his girlfriend?
(a) To make her love him.
(b) To prove something to her.
(c) To relieve his stress.
(d) To help him feel normal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item of clothing does Kyle constantly wear, no matter the circumstances or weather?
2. What does Nelson think Jason is most frightened of?
3. Why does Kyle not tell his mother what is on his mind in the beginning of Chapter 8?
4. Who meets Nelson and Kyle in the parking lot after school in Chapter 5?
5. What nickname do the kids at school have for Nelson?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nelson reveal some of his self-doubts while alone with Kyle in Chapter 6?
2. How does Jason know that Nelson is gay? What does Jason think of Nelson?
3. How does Jason feel about his girlfriend, Debra? How do these feelings complicate Jason's impression that he might be gay?
4. How does Kyle react to seeing Jason at the Rainbow Youth meeting? How does Jason react to seeing Kyle?
5. Why does Nelson become annoyed with Kyle when all he wants to talk about is Jason?
6. What conversation do Jason's friends have at homecoming that makes Jason uncomfortable?
7. Why does Nelson suggest to Kyle that they experiment sexually with one another? How does Kyle react?
8. Why does Jason's teacher warn him that he needs to change his studying methods? Who does Jason turn to for help?
9. Why does Jack Ransom corner Nelson and Kyle in the parking lot of the school? What is his intention?
10. How does Jason feel when his friends joke about Nelson and other homosexuals at their school? What does he do?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)