|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Jason the item he is wearing in Chapter 4 of which his father disapproves?
(a) His mother.
2. Who is Caitlin?
(a) Blake's girlfriend.
(b) Nelson's cousin.
(c) Shea's girlfriend.
(d) Kyle's cousin.
3. Who offers Kyle some congratulations for telling his parents about his sexuality?
(b) Nelson's mother.
4. Why does Jason want to have intimate relations with his girlfriend?
(a) To make her love him.
(b) To prove something to her.
(c) To relieve his stress.
(d) To help him feel normal.
5. What does Kyle reveal he was afraid his parents would do when they learned about his sexuality?
(a) That they would kick him out.
(b) They would disown him.
(c) They would stop loving him.
(d) They would physically harm him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason find in his mother's purse in Chapter 4 while looking for money?
2. Why is Nelson unhappy with his appearance?
3. What color dress does Debra wear to the dance in Chapter 7?
4. What does Kyle's father show him when he gets home in Chapter 2?
5. Where does Jason hear about Rainbow Youth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Nelson and Kyle want to begin a Gay-Straight Alliance at their high school? Who opposes the idea?
2. How does Kyle react to seeing Jason at the Rainbow Youth meeting? How does Jason react to seeing Kyle?
3. What happens to Nelson that makes Jason feel the need to interfere? What does Jason do?
4. What sport does Jason play? Why does Jason think that playing this sport and having a steady girlfriend makes it impossible for him to be gay?
5. Why has Kyle not told his parents that he is gay?
6. How do Nelson and Kyle become friends?
7. Why does Nelson become annoyed with Kyle when all he wants to talk about is Jason?
8. How does Kyle's father react to meeting Jason for the first time? How does this make Kyle feel?
9. How does Corey react to the news that Jason is gay? What advice does he give Jason?
10. Why does Nelson suggest to Kyle that they experiment sexually with one another? How does Kyle react?
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)