|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nelson turn to when he is angry with Kyle in Chapter 6?
(b) His mother.
2. What is a brownstone?
(a) Slang for gravel.
(b) A type of building.
(c) A type of precious stone.
(d) A geological artifact.
3. Where do Jason and Debra park after the dance in Chapter 7?
(a) The golf course.
(b) Outside her house.
(c) In a deserted parking lot.
(d) A deserted country road.
4. Why does Jason not want to talk about what happened between he and Kyle in the theater?
(a) He thinks there is nothing to talk about.
(b) He wants to pretend it did not happen.
(c) He does not want to lead Kyle on.
(d) He wants Kyle to bring it up.
5. What does Kyle knock over while trying to help Jason that draws attention to them?
(d) A podium.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nelson searching for as his mother rushes him to get to school in Chapter 6?
2. Why does Jason not want to end his relationship with Debra despite his feelings he might be gay?
3. What is the purpose of a new medication Nelson is taking in Chapter 9?
4. For what reason does Jason consider breaking up with Debra in Chapter 7?
5. Who does Nelson suggest Kyle take to this upcoming social event that is discussed in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it like when Jason is alone with Kyle for a study session? What do they talk about?
2. How does Jason react when he sees Nelson in the Rainbow Youth meeting? Why?
3. Who is Jack Ransom? Why does he dislike Nelson?
4. Why do Nelson and Kyle want to begin a Gay-Straight Alliance at their high school? Who opposes the idea?
5. Why does Nelson suggest to Kyle that they experiment sexually with one another? How does Kyle react?
6. How does Jason know that Nelson is gay? What does Jason think of Nelson?
7. Why does Jason speak to Kyle at school? Why does Corey warn him that being seen with Kyle at school could be dangerous?
8. How do Nelson and Kyle become friends?
9. How does Nelson reveal some of his self-doubts while alone with Kyle in Chapter 6?
10. How does Kyle happen to give Jason a ride home from school in Chapter 5? Why does Jason become annoyed with Kyle?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)