Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wakes Kyle the next morning, in Chapter 8?
(a) His father.
(d) His mother.
2. To what does Kyle compare kissing Nelson?
(a) To kissing his sister.
(b) To kissing his mother.
(c) To kissing his brother.
(d) To kissing his grandmother.
3. Why does Jason feel he cannot talk about his confusion about his sexuality with his father?
(a) He is afraid his father would kill him.
(b) His father would think differently about him.
(c) He does not want to burden his father with his problems.
(d) His father is an absentee dad.
4. How many times does Jason walk around the block before finally entering the Rainbow Youth meeting?
5. What color does Nelson dye his hair?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nelson discover Kyle wrote over and over again on a piece of paper during the Rainbow Youth meeting in Chapter 9?
2. What does Kyle's mother find on the floor of Kyle's room in Chapter 8?
3. What nickname do the kids at school have for Nelson?
4. What is the purpose of a new medication Nelson is taking in Chapter 9?
5. Who does Kyle's father blame for Kyle's idea that he is gay?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jack Ransom corner Nelson and Kyle in the parking lot of the school? What is his intention?
2. How does Corey react to the news that Jason is gay? What advice does he give Jason?
3. Why does Jason feel that his father's leaving is his fault? How does Jason's father compare to Kyle and Nelson's fathers in this novel?
4. Why has Kyle not told his parents that he is gay?
5. Who approaches Jason in the final chapter of the book? For what reason?
6. What does Nelson's father say to Nelson on the phone? What does this conversation suggest about Nelson's relationship with his father?
7. How does Jason's father respond to Kyle and Nelson? How does Jason deal with his father's reaction?
8. What conversation do Jason's friends have at homecoming that makes Jason uncomfortable?
9. How does Kyle react to seeing Jason at the Rainbow Youth meeting? How does Jason react to seeing Kyle?
10. What is one of the names that Jason's father often calls him? How does this impact Jason?
This section contains 1,111 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)