|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Nelson's mother complains to the principal about the bullying Nelson experiences with Jack Ransom?
(a) The principal says that Nelson should stop dressing oddly.
(b) The principal says that Nelson brings it on himself.
(c) The principal says that Nelson should go to a different school.
(d) The principal says that Nelson needs to control his temper.
2. Who does Kyle blame for the way Jason abruptly leaves the Rainbow Youth meeting?
3. Who meets Nelson and Kyle in the parking lot after school in Chapter 5?
(a) Jack Ransom and his friends.
(b) Blake and his friends.
(c) Shea and her friends.
(d) Jason and his friends.
4. To what is Fenner Farley opposed in Chapter 11?
(b) The GSA.
(c) Nelson in general.
(d) Bullying in schools.
5. What special treat does Kyle do for his parents after school in Chapter 8?
(a) Makes dinner.
(b) Gives the family pet a bath.
(c) Cleans the whole house.
(d) Washes the family car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jason feel he cannot talk about his confusion about his sexuality with his father?
2. Who is Ms. MacTrough?
3. Who interrupts Kyle's conversation at school with Jason the Monday after the Rainbow Youth meeting?
4. What new hairstyle does Nelson get in Chapter 6?
5. What college is thought to have a great lesbian community, as discussed in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jack Ransom corner Nelson and Kyle in the parking lot of the school? What is his intention?
2. How does Jason feel about his girlfriend, Debra? How do these feelings complicate Jason's impression that he might be gay?
3. How does Jason respond after the homecoming dance when Debra tries to seduce him? What does he tell her?
4. What uncomfortable situation happens over Thanksgiving to Kyle and his parents?
5. What is it like when Jason is alone with Kyle for a study session? What do they talk about?
6. What does Nelson's father say to Nelson on the phone? What does this conversation suggest about Nelson's relationship with his father?
7. How does Corey react to the news that Jason is gay? What advice does he give Jason?
8. How do Nelson and Kyle become friends?
9. How does Kyle's mother ask about the magazine and learn about Kyle's sexuality?
10. How does Kyle react to Nelson's confession of an unprotected sexual encounter? How does this situation impact Kyle?
This section contains 1,111 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)