|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kyle suddenly realize about Nelson at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) That he misses his father.
(b) That he has a crush on Kyle.
(c) That he has a crush on Jason.
(d) That he is lonely.
2. What occupies Kyle's thoughts at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Fear of failing his English exam.
(b) Fear of telling Nelson about his tutoring session with Jason.
(c) Jason and their tutoring session.
(d) Nelson and their GSA group.
3. What overwhelming emotion does Kyle's mother admit to feeling in the aftermath of learning about his sexuality?
4. What does Nelson think Jason is most frightened of?
(a) The coach learning he is gay.
(b) Jack Ransom bullying him.
(c) Debra learning he is gay.
(d) Kyle refusing to help him bring his math grade up.
5. What drawing does Jason's sister show to him in Chapter 4?
(a) A drawing of the family cat.
(b) A drawing of the family, minus their father.
(c) A drawing of him.
(d) A drawing of Debra.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kyle's father blame for Kyle's idea that he is gay?
2. With whom do Jason and Debra attend the dance in Chapter 7?
3. What is Jason's mother reading in Chapter 10?
4. Who is Caitlin?
5. Why is Kyle unsure about keeping the magazine at his house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What magazine does Nelson give to Kyle? How does Kyle's mother happen to see it?
2. What happens when Jason invites Kyle to the movies? How does Jason feel about this?
3. Who is Jack Ransom? Why does he dislike Nelson?
4. What is a Gay-Straight Alliance? What is its purpose?
5. Why is Jason hesitant to attend the Rainbow Youth meeting? Why has he come if he is so afraid?
6. How does Kyle happen to give Jason a ride home from school in Chapter 5? Why does Jason become annoyed with Kyle?
7. Who compliments Nelson on his hair during the following school day?
8. Why does Nelson become annoyed with Kyle when all he wants to talk about is Jason?
9. How does Jason feel when his friends joke about Nelson and other homosexuals at their school? What does he do?
10. How does Jason respond after the homecoming dance when Debra tries to seduce him? What does he tell her?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)