|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kyle suddenly realize about Nelson at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) That he misses his father.
(b) That he has a crush on Kyle.
(c) That he is lonely.
(d) That he has a crush on Jason.
2. What does Nelson think Kyle smells of most of the time?
(c) Chlorine from the pool.
3. What does Nelson give to Jason before he leaves the meeting?
(a) A flyer for a party.
(b) Kyle's phone number.
(c) A button with a gay slogan.
(d) His phone number.
4. From whom does Nelson crave attention as he states in Chapter 3?
(b) His mother.
(d) His father.
5. Why does Kyle choose to join the swim team?
(a) He thinks it will help his social life.
(b) To make his mother happy.
(c) He is not good at any other sport.
(d) He wants to impress Jason.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is applying to colleges, as discussed in Chapter 6?
2. Why do Nelson and Kyle go to see Ms. MacTrough in Chapter 5?
3. Who meets Nelson and Kyle in the parking lot after school in Chapter 5?
4. What is the purpose of a new medication Nelson is taking in Chapter 9?
5. What is Jason's mother reading in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jack Ransom corner Nelson and Kyle in the parking lot of the school? What is his intention?
2. How does Jason feel about his girlfriend, Debra? How do these feelings complicate Jason's impression that he might be gay?
3. What is a Gay-Straight Alliance? What is its purpose?
4. How does Kyle's father react when Kyle announces he is gay?
5. What happens when Jason invites Kyle to the movies? How does Jason feel about this?
6. Why is Nelson bothered by Kyle's crush on Jason?
7. How do Nelson and Kyle become friends?
8. How does Nelson respond to the news that Kyle is tutoring Jason in math?
9. Why has Kyle not told his parents that he is gay?
10. What magazine does Nelson give to Kyle? How does Kyle's mother happen to see it?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)