|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about Kyle's appearance in Chapter 6?
(a) He has new shoes.
(b) He has new clothes.
(c) He has new glasses.
(d) His braces are off.
2. Why does Kyle wish Nelson would not hang around him at lunch the Monday after the Rainbow Youth meeting?
(a) He is embarrassed by Nelson's appearance.
(b) So Jason will feel free to talk to him.
(c) He no longer wishes to be friends with Nelson.
(d) So no one will figure out he is gay.
3. How long have Debra and Jason been dating as mentioned by Debra in Chapter 7?
(a) Three years.
(b) A year.
(c) Three months.
(d) Two years.
4. What drawing does Jason's sister show to him in Chapter 4?
(a) A drawing of the family cat.
(b) A drawing of the family, minus their father.
(c) A drawing of Debra.
(d) A drawing of him.
5. What does Jason spend most of the movie, in Chapter 4, thinking about?
(a) His father.
(b) His unhappiness in his relationship with Debra.
(c) His friends' comments about gays.
(d) His attraction to one of the actors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nelson discover Kyle wrote over and over again on a piece of paper during the Rainbow Youth meeting in Chapter 9?
2. What type of homework does Kyle's father help him complete in Chapter 5?
3. Why does Nelson get angry with Kyle in Chapter 3?
4. What does Nelson think Kyle should do at school in Chapter 8?
5. With whom do Jason and Debra attend the dance in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sport does Jason play? Why does Jason think that playing this sport and having a steady girlfriend makes it impossible for him to be gay?
2. How does Kyle's father react when Kyle announces he is gay?
3. What is it like when Jason is alone with Kyle for a study session? What do they talk about?
4. How does Jason feel when his friends joke about Nelson and other homosexuals at their school? What does he do?
5. Why is Nelson bothered by Kyle's crush on Jason?
6. How does Jason react when he sees Nelson in the Rainbow Youth meeting? Why?
7. How do Nelson and Kyle become friends?
8. What uncomfortable situation happens over Thanksgiving to Kyle and his parents?
9. Why does Jason's teacher warn him that he needs to change his studying methods? Who does Jason turn to for help?
10. How does Jason know that Nelson is gay? What does Jason think of Nelson?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)