|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jason think his friends would not be supportive if he came out as gay to them?
(a) They are afraid of things they do not understand.
(b) They make gay jokes.
(c) They are self-centered and would worry how it would look to others.
(d) They bully kids like Nelson.
2. What does Nelson think Kyle smells of most of the time?
(a) Chlorine from the pool.
3. What does Nelson give to Jason before he leaves the meeting?
(a) A flyer for a party.
(b) Kyle's phone number.
(c) His phone number.
(d) A button with a gay slogan.
4. What does the principal ask Nelson to do about his behavior?
(a) Stop instigating fights.
(b) Stop bullying people.
(c) Become more social.
(d) Act normal.
5. What item does Jason wear in Chapter 4 that his father tells him to take off?
(a) A pair of diamond earrings.
(b) A pink t-shirt.
(c) A chrome bead necklace.
(d) A single, dangling earring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nelson think Jason is most frightened of?
2. Who is Fenner Farley?
3. Who meets Nelson and Kyle in the parking lot after school in Chapter 5?
4. What did Jason think would happen if someone saw him holding hands with Kyle in the movie theater?
5. What does Kyle knock over while trying to help Jason that draws attention to them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jason speak to Kyle at school? Why does Corey warn him that being seen with Kyle at school could be dangerous?
2. How does Kyle happen to give Jason a ride home from school in Chapter 5? Why does Jason become annoyed with Kyle?
3. How does Kyle's mother ask about the magazine and learn about Kyle's sexuality?
4. How does Kyle's father react when Kyle announces he is gay?
5. How does Nelson respond to the news that Kyle is tutoring Jason in math?
6. Who is Shea? How does Nelson know her?
7. What happens when Jason invites Kyle to the movies? How does Jason feel about this?
8. Why does Jack Ransom corner Nelson and Kyle in the parking lot of the school? What is his intention?
9. How does Jason feel about his girlfriend, Debra? How do these feelings complicate Jason's impression that he might be gay?
10. What is one of the names that Jason's father often calls him? How does this impact Jason?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)