|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What magazine do Nelson and Kyle study in Chapter 6?
(a) Ladies' Home Journal.
(b) Sports Illustrated.
(d) Honcho, a gay man's magazine.
2. How many narrators are there in this novel?
3. What kind of music does Kyle play for Jason during their tutoring session?
(a) Rap music.
(b) Bands featuring local high school students.
(c) Bands featuring all gay members.
(d) Punk music.
4. What is Jason's mother reading in Chapter 10?
(a) A self-help book.
(b) A pamphlet for PFLAG.
(c) A pamphlet for Al-Anon.
(d) A novel.
5. What is Nelson searching for as his mother rushes him to get to school in Chapter 6?
(a) His camera.
(b) His cellphone.
(c) His books.
(d) His favorite shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nelson give to Jason before he leaves the meeting?
2. With whom does Nelson's mother suggest Nelson is in love in Chapter 6?
3. To what does Kyle compare kissing Nelson?
4. What does Kyle knock over while trying to help Jason that draws attention to them?
5. Why does Kyle wish Nelson would not hang around him at lunch the Monday after the Rainbow Youth meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jason respond after the homecoming dance when Debra tries to seduce him? What does he tell her?
2. Why does Jack Ransom corner Nelson and Kyle in the parking lot of the school? What is his intention?
3. What uncomfortable situation happens over Thanksgiving to Kyle and his parents?
4. How do Nelson and Kyle become friends?
5. What happens when Jason invites Kyle to the movies? How does Jason feel about this?
6. What is it like when Jason is alone with Kyle for a study session? What do they talk about?
7. How does Jason feel when his friends joke about Nelson and other homosexuals at their school? What does he do?
8. What is one of the names that Jason's father often calls him? How does this impact Jason?
9. Why has Kyle not told his parents that he is gay?
10. Why is Kyle worried about the questions his mother will ask about the magazine she saw in his bedroom? What does Kyle believe his parents' reaction to his sexuality will be?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)