|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Nelson reveal his mother has grounded him in Chapter 17?
(a) For taking the car without permission.
(b) For drinking.
(c) For smoking in the house.
(d) For disappearing the night he met Brick.
2. What does Kyle's father suggest he might do after Kyle's fight with Jack and Jose?
(a) Join PFLAG.
(b) Stop accusing Kyle of choosing his sexuality.
(c) Read more about homosexuality.
(d) Go to a Rainbow Youth meeting.
3. Who comes to Jason's home in Chapter 22 to repair their relationship?
4. How does Jason's father feel about this scholarship?
(a) He thinks Jason did as well as he could.
(b) He is proud.
(c) He thinks Jason could have done better.
(d) He is indifferent.
5. How does Kyle tell Jason the fight began?
(a) Nelson threw a bottle at Jack's truck.
(b) Nelson yelled an insult at Jack.
(c) Nelson responded to taunts by Jack and his friends.
(d) Jack just stopped for no reason.
6. From whom does Nelson receive an impersonal Christmas card in Chapter 15?
(a) His cousin.
(d) His father.
7. Why does Jason make the final decision to attend the meeting?
(a) He is tired of lying.
(b) He feels responsible for protecting Nelson.
(c) He wants to support Nelson and Kyle.
(d) He is afraid Kyle will be mad at him.
8. What causes the chaos in Jason's home during the Christmas break as described in Chapter 16?
(a) His father is too drunk to go to church.
(b) His father and grandmother argue.
(c) His father and uncle fight due to alcohol consumption.
(d) His father refuses to stay at home.
9. What do Nelson and Kyle learn has happened to their club request to the school board?
(a) It is approved, but only for the rest of the semester.
(b) It is approved with conditions.
(c) It is approved.
(d) It is declined.
10. What illness does Nelson learn Jeremy has been diagnosed with in Chapter 18?
11. Why does Jason turn up the sound on his stereo in Chapter 13, causing his father to become angry?
(a) To shut out the memory of Debra's anger.
(b) His parents are fighting.
(c) To hear it better.
(d) It's just a habit.
12. At the beginning of Chapter 21, what does Nelson notice has changed about Kyle's appearance?
(a) He has stopped wearing his old wristband.
(b) He has contacts and is not wearing his ball cap.
(c) He has new glasses and a different ball cap.
(d) He has stopped wearing his old sweatshirt.
13. What do Jason's parents fight about in Chapter 16?
(b) His mother's continued resistance to buying beer.
(d) His mother's choice to go to an Al-Anon meeting.
14. Why is Nelson in a hurry to have a sexual experience?
(a) He feels sex will make him more mature.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He thinks love and sex are the same thing.
(d) He wants to impress Kyle with his experience.
15. What beverage does Nelson drink while alone with an older man in Chapter 12?
(b) Vodka and coke.
(c) Rum and coke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jason convinced that going to the first GSA meeting would be a mistake?
2. What gift does Kyle give Nelson for Christmas?
3. What excuse does Nelson give Kyle for not using protection during his encounter with Brick?
4. How has Jason been treating Kyle since their trip to the movies?
5. Who visits Jason's home during the Christmas holiday?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)