|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kyle's father suggest he might do after Kyle's fight with Jack and Jose?
(a) Go to a Rainbow Youth meeting.
(b) Stop accusing Kyle of choosing his sexuality.
(c) Join PFLAG.
(d) Read more about homosexuality.
2. How does Kyle think his father will react to his participation in a fight?
(a) He will blame his choice of sexuality.
(b) He will be angry with Jack.
(c) He will want to press charges.
(d) He will blame Nelson.
3. What item does Nelson's mother use to support her arguments in favor of the GSA?
(a) A picture of Nelson on the day he began school.
(b) A picture of the Constitution.
(c) A picture of the Gay Rights parade.
(d) A picture of Nelson and Kyle.
4. Why is Nelson in a hurry to have a sexual experience?
(a) He thinks love and sex are the same thing.
(b) He wants to impress Kyle with his experience.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He feels sex will make him more mature.
5. Why is Jason convinced that going to the first GSA meeting would be a mistake?
(a) It will reveal to the world who is gay.
(b) He is still afraid of losing his scholarship.
(c) Everyone is making fun of it and those invovled.
(d) He does not believe it will help anything.
6. Who comes to Jason's home in Chapter 22 to repair their relationship?
7. Who visits Jason's home during the Christmas holiday?
(a) His mother's siblings.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His Uncle Ramiro and Aunt Ana.
(d) His older brother.
8. Who does Jason's mother initially believe might be responsible for Jason's sexuality?
(b) His father.
9. Why does Jason make the final decision to attend the meeting?
(a) He feels responsible for protecting Nelson.
(b) He wants to support Nelson and Kyle.
(c) He is tired of lying.
(d) He is afraid Kyle will be mad at him.
10. What does Nelson's father tell him he needs to practice more in his life?
(a) Self control.
11. What do Jason's parents fight about in Chapter 16?
(a) His mother's choice to go to an Al-Anon meeting.
(d) His mother's continued resistance to buying beer.
12. On whose side does Nelson fall when Kyle tells Nelson about Jason's refusal to allow Kyle to sit with him in the cafeteria?
13. Why does Shea refuse to repair her friendship with Nelson in Chapter 21?
(a) She no longer respects him.
(b) Too much time has gone by.
(c) He is too self absorbed.
(d) She is moving away.
14. What causes the chaos in Jason's home during the Christmas break as described in Chapter 16?
(a) His father refuses to stay at home.
(b) His father and uncle fight due to alcohol consumption.
(c) His father and grandmother argue.
(d) His father is too drunk to go to church.
15. For the first time, with whom does Jason stop to talk in the hallway at school in Chapter 22?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jason make Jack Ransom leave Nelson and Kyle alone?
2. What does Kyle tell Nelson happened to Shea in Chapter 21?
3. From whom does Nelson receive an impersonal Christmas card in Chapter 15?
4. Why does Nelson have Shea take pictures of him in Chapter 15?
5. What reason does Kyle give for not reporting the harassing phone calls he has received to the school authorities?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)