|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Debra return to Jason when they break up?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) His class ring.
(c) A ring.
(d) A necklace.
2. For what reason does Jason tell Debra he can no longer be with her?
(a) He thinks he is bisexual.
(b) He is gay.
(c) He is in love with someone else.
(d) He just does not love her anymore.
3. Why is Shea angry with Nelson when he calls her in chapter 18?
(a) He did not buy her anything for Christmas.
(b) He did not respond when she needed him.
(c) He missed her engagement party.
(d) He forgot her birthday.
4. With whom does Nelson leave the Rainbow Youth party in Chapter 12?
5. Who does Nelson's mother threaten to call if he does not tell her what is causing his depression?
(a) His father.
(c) The doctor.
6. For the first time, with whom does Jason stop to talk in the hallway at school in Chapter 22?
7. What does Jason stop a freshman from doing to a flyer for the GSA in Chapter 22?
(a) Defacing it.
(b) Tearing it down.
(c) Putting it up.
(d) Covering it up.
8. How old does Nelson tell Brick he is in Chapter 15?
9. How long does Debra claim it has been since she and Jason last talked in Chapter 13?
(a) Two months.
(b) Three months.
(c) A month.
(d) Three weeks.
10. What argument does Ms. MacTrough give for the approval of the GSA?
(a) That it will give students a safe place to work out their sexual confusion.
(b) That it will promote tolerance.
(c) That it will offer counseling for students in trouble.
(d) That it will offer scholastic help for those in need.
11. Over what television show do Kyle and Jason briefly bond in Chapter 14?
(a) The Simpsons.
(b) Law and Order.
(d) Star Trek.
12. What do Jason's parents fight about in Chapter 16?
(a) His mother's choice to go to an Al-Anon meeting.
(b) His mother's continued resistance to buying beer.
13. Who is Dane?
(a) Blake's ex-boyfriend.
(b) Shea's brother.
(c) Kyle's ex-best friend.
(d) Brick's boyfriend.
14. How has Jason been treating Kyle since their trip to the movies?
(a) With indifference.
(b) The same as before.
(c) Like they are lovers.
(d) As though he does not know him.
15. What does Kyle's father suggest he might do after Kyle's fight with Jack and Jose?
(a) Read more about homosexuality.
(b) Go to a Rainbow Youth meeting.
(c) Stop accusing Kyle of choosing his sexuality.
(d) Join PFLAG.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Shea suggest Nelson has begun talking to an older man over the Internet?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 21, what does Nelson notice has changed about Kyle's appearance?
3. Who does Jason's mother initially believe might be responsible for Jason's sexuality?
4. How does Kyle tell Jason the fight began?
5. How does Kyle think his father will react to his participation in a fight?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)