|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dane?
(a) Kyle's ex-best friend.
(b) Blake's ex-boyfriend.
(c) Shea's brother.
(d) Brick's boyfriend.
2. From whom does Nelson receive an impersonal Christmas card in Chapter 15?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His father.
3. Why does Shea refuse to repair her friendship with Nelson in Chapter 21?
(a) She is moving away.
(b) She no longer respects him.
(c) He is too self absorbed.
(d) Too much time has gone by.
4. Why does Shea suggest Nelson has begun talking to an older man over the Internet?
(a) To make Kyle jealous.
(b) To look for sexual experience.
(c) To make up for not having a father.
(d) To meet new people.
5. What happens during basketball practice in Chapter 16 that makes Jason wonder if he has become a target of intolerance?
(a) Someone purposely pushes him against the wall.
(b) Someone calls him a derogatory name.
(c) Someone steals his clothes from his locker.
(d) Someone fouls him during play.
6. How does Jason's father feel about this scholarship?
(a) He is proud.
(b) He thinks Jason did as well as he could.
(c) He thinks Jason could have done better.
(d) He is indifferent.
7. What item does Debra return to Jason when they break up?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) A ring.
(d) His class ring.
8. How does Jason make Jack Ransom leave Nelson and Kyle alone?
(a) He threatens to call the police.
(b) He yells for help from nearby houses.
(c) He hits him.
(d) He simply tells him to stop.
9. Why does Jason make the final decision to attend the meeting?
(a) He is afraid Kyle will be mad at him.
(b) He feels responsible for protecting Nelson.
(c) He is tired of lying.
(d) He wants to support Nelson and Kyle.
10. What item does Nelson's mother use to support her arguments in favor of the GSA?
(a) A picture of Nelson on the day he began school.
(b) A picture of Nelson and Kyle.
(c) A picture of the Gay Rights parade.
(d) A picture of the Constitution.
11. What changes in Jason and Kyle's relationship in Chapter 20 after the fight between Nelson and Kyle and Jack and Jose?
(a) Jason distances himself from Kyle.
(b) Jason asks Kyle to be his boyfriend.
(c) Jason tells Kyle to leave him alone.
(d) Jason becomes more friendly toward Kyle.
12. Why is Nelson in a hurry to have a sexual experience?
(a) He wants to impress Kyle with his experience.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He thinks love and sex are the same thing.
(d) He feels sex will make him more mature.
13. What reason does Kyle give his parents for not telling them sooner about the harassment he has suffered due to his sexuality?
(a) He thought they would not care.
(b) He thought they would think it was his fault.
(c) He thought they would make too big a deal out of it.
(d) He thought there was nothing they could do.
14. Why is Shea angry with Nelson when he calls her in chapter 18?
(a) He did not buy her anything for Christmas.
(b) He did not respond when she needed him.
(c) He forgot her birthday.
(d) He missed her engagement party.
15. How does Jason's mother react when Jason's father breaks his stereo?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She cries.
(c) She does nothing.
(d) She criticizes him and takes Jason out to dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Brick reveal the apartment really belongs after his encounter with Nelson in Chapter 15?
2. Who does Nelson's mother threaten to call if he does not tell her what is causing his depression?
3. What does Nelson's father tell him he needs to practice more in his life?
4. For what reason does Jason tell Debra he can no longer be with her?
5. Who leaves a note in Jason's locker in Chapter 13?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)