|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Nelson and Kyle learn has happened to their club request to the school board?
(a) It is approved.
(b) It is approved, but only for the rest of the semester.
(c) It is declined.
(d) It is approved with conditions.
2. What does Brick serve Nelson to drink when they arrive at his apartment in Chapter 15?
3. What does Kyle tell Nelson happened to Shea in Chapter 21?
(a) She has a new girlfriend.
(b) She decided to go to Smith with Caitlin.
(c) She decided not to go to college.
(d) She broke up with Caitlin.
4. What expensive item does Kyle want to improve his appearance for which he is hesitant to ask his parents?
(a) Acne skin treatments.
(b) Contact lenses.
(c) Laser eye surgery.
(d) Plastic surgery.
5. Who visits Jason's home during the Christmas holiday?
(a) His Uncle Ramiro and Aunt Ana.
(b) His older brother.
(c) His mother's siblings.
(d) His grandmother.
6. What does Jason teach Kyle to do in Chapter 14?
(a) Catch a tossed ball.
(b) Throw paper balls into the trash basket.
(c) Dribble a basketball.
(d) Bat a paper ball.
7. What causes the chaos in Jason's home during the Christmas break as described in Chapter 16?
(a) His father and uncle fight due to alcohol consumption.
(b) His father and grandmother argue.
(c) His father is too drunk to go to church.
(d) His father refuses to stay at home.
8. For what reason does Kyle find Jason depressed and alone in his home at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) Jason is humiliated that everyone at school now knows he is gay.
(b) Jason's father has left the family.
(c) Jason is heartbroken that Debra no longer wants to be friends.
(d) Jason's mother has asked him to move out.
9. What does Nelson's father tell him he needs to practice more in his life?
(b) Self control.
10. How old does Nelson tell Brick he is in Chapter 15?
11. Over what television show do Kyle and Jason briefly bond in Chapter 14?
(a) Star Trek.
(c) The Simpsons.
(d) Law and Order.
12. How does Kyle think his father will react to his participation in a fight?
(a) He will be angry with Jack.
(b) He will want to press charges.
(c) He will blame his choice of sexuality.
(d) He will blame Nelson.
13. Who comes to Jason's home in Chapter 22 to repair their relationship?
14. What happens during basketball practice in Chapter 16 that makes Jason wonder if he has become a target of intolerance?
(a) Someone purposely pushes him against the wall.
(b) Someone calls him a derogatory name.
(c) Someone steals his clothes from his locker.
(d) Someone fouls him during play.
15. Where does Jason take the injured Nelson and Kyle after a fight in Chapter 19?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To Kyle's house.
(c) To his home.
(d) To Nelson's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What argument does Ms. MacTrough give for the approval of the GSA?
2. Who is Dane?
3. Why does Jason go to Kyle's house in Chapter 14?
4. What changes in Jason and Kyle's relationship in Chapter 20 after the fight between Nelson and Kyle and Jack and Jose?
5. From whom does Nelson receive an impersonal Christmas card in Chapter 15?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)