|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beverage does Nelson drink while alone with an older man in Chapter 12?
(c) Rum and coke.
(d) Vodka and coke.
2. How has Jason been treating Kyle since their trip to the movies?
(a) With indifference.
(b) As though he does not know him.
(c) Like they are lovers.
(d) The same as before.
3. How old does Nelson tell Brick he is in Chapter 15?
4. How does Jason make Jack Ransom leave Nelson and Kyle alone?
(a) He threatens to call the police.
(b) He yells for help from nearby houses.
(c) He simply tells him to stop.
(d) He hits him.
5. What changes in Jason and Kyle's relationship in Chapter 20 after the fight between Nelson and Kyle and Jack and Jose?
(a) Jason distances himself from Kyle.
(b) Jason becomes more friendly toward Kyle.
(c) Jason asks Kyle to be his boyfriend.
(d) Jason tells Kyle to leave him alone.
6. How does Kyle tell Jason the fight began?
(a) Nelson threw a bottle at Jack's truck.
(b) Nelson responded to taunts by Jack and his friends.
(c) Jack just stopped for no reason.
(d) Nelson yelled an insult at Jack.
7. Why is Shea angry with Nelson when he calls her in chapter 18?
(a) He forgot her birthday.
(b) He did not buy her anything for Christmas.
(c) He missed her engagement party.
(d) He did not respond when she needed him.
8. What does Brick serve Nelson to drink when they arrive at his apartment in Chapter 15?
9. Why is Nelson in a hurry to have a sexual experience?
(a) He wants to impress Kyle with his experience.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He feels sex will make him more mature.
(d) He thinks love and sex are the same thing.
10. What is Jason doing when chaos begins to break out during the Christmas holiday in Chapter 16?
(a) Playing Old Maid with his sister.
(b) Listening to music in his bedroom.
(c) Playing poker with his cousins.
(d) Watching a football game.
11. How does Kyle think his father will react to his participation in a fight?
(a) He will blame Nelson.
(b) He will want to press charges.
(c) He will blame his choice of sexuality.
(d) He will be angry with Jack.
12. From whom does Nelson receive an impersonal Christmas card in Chapter 15?
(a) His cousin.
(c) His father.
13. How does Nelson's mother react to the fight Nelson and Kyle got into with Jack and Jose?
(a) She blames Kyle.
(b) She blames Nelson's temper.
(c) She wants to press charges.
(d) She wants to have a meeting with the school principal.
14. At the beginning of Chapter 21, what does Nelson notice has changed about Kyle's appearance?
(a) He has stopped wearing his old wristband.
(b) He has contacts and is not wearing his ball cap.
(c) He has new glasses and a different ball cap.
(d) He has stopped wearing his old sweatshirt.
15. Who does Kyle ask to attend a high school basketball game with him in Chapter 20?
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Debra return to Jason when they break up?
2. What does Kyle tell Nelson happened to Shea in Chapter 21?
3. What does Nelson's father tell him he needs to practice more in his life?
4. For what reason does Nelson reveal his mother has grounded him in Chapter 17?
5. Why is Jason convinced that going to the first GSA meeting would be a mistake?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)