Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kyle's father suggest he might do after Kyle's fight with Jack and Jose?
(a) Join PFLAG.
(b) Read more about homosexuality.
(c) Stop accusing Kyle of choosing his sexuality.
(d) Go to a Rainbow Youth meeting.
2. What does Nelson's father tell him he needs to practice more in his life?
(d) Self control.
3. What causes the chaos in Jason's home during the Christmas break as described in Chapter 16?
(a) His father refuses to stay at home.
(b) His father and grandmother argue.
(c) His father and uncle fight due to alcohol consumption.
(d) His father is too drunk to go to church.
4. Who does Nelson hope to see at the Rainbow Youth party at Caitlin's house?
5. Over what television show do Kyle and Jason briefly bond in Chapter 14?
(a) Star Trek.
(b) Law and Order.
(d) The Simpsons.
6. Why does Shea refuse to repair her friendship with Nelson in Chapter 21?
(a) She no longer respects him.
(b) He is too self absorbed.
(c) She is moving away.
(d) Too much time has gone by.
7. How does Nelson's mother react to the fight Nelson and Kyle got into with Jack and Jose?
(a) She wants to have a meeting with the school principal.
(b) She wants to press charges.
(c) She blames Nelson's temper.
(d) She blames Kyle.
8. Why does Jason turn up the sound on his stereo in Chapter 13, causing his father to become angry?
(a) It's just a habit.
(b) His parents are fighting.
(c) To shut out the memory of Debra's anger.
(d) To hear it better.
9. At the beginning of Chapter 21, what does Nelson notice has changed about Kyle's appearance?
(a) He has new glasses and a different ball cap.
(b) He has stopped wearing his old sweatshirt.
(c) He has stopped wearing his old wristband.
(d) He has contacts and is not wearing his ball cap.
10. Why does Jason make the final decision to attend the meeting?
(a) He is afraid Kyle will be mad at him.
(b) He is tired of lying.
(c) He wants to support Nelson and Kyle.
(d) He feels responsible for protecting Nelson.
11. Who does Kyle ask to attend a high school basketball game with him in Chapter 20?
(c) His father.
12. Who does Jason's mother initially believe might be responsible for Jason's sexuality?
(a) His father.
13. Who wrote a derogatory word on Kyle's locker during the Christmas break?
(b) Jack Ransom.
(c) Jason and his friends.
(d) Debra and her friends.
14. How does Jason's mother react when Jason's father breaks his stereo?
(a) She does nothing.
(b) She criticizes him and takes Jason out to dinner.
(c) She cries.
(d) She laughs.
15. What beverage does Nelson drink while alone with an older man in Chapter 12?
(b) Vodka and coke.
(d) Rum and coke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Kyle give his parents for not telling them sooner about the harassment he has suffered due to his sexuality?
2. Who comes to Jason's home in Chapter 22 to repair their relationship?
3. How does Kyle tell Jason the fight began?
4. Why does Nelson have Shea take pictures of him in Chapter 15?
5. To whom does Brick reveal the apartment really belongs after his encounter with Nelson in Chapter 15?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)