|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jason take the injured Nelson and Kyle after a fight in Chapter 19?
(a) To his home.
(b) To Nelson's house.
(c) To Kyle's house.
(d) To the hospital.
2. Why is Jason convinced that going to the first GSA meeting would be a mistake?
(a) He is still afraid of losing his scholarship.
(b) It will reveal to the world who is gay.
(c) Everyone is making fun of it and those invovled.
(d) He does not believe it will help anything.
3. How long does Debra claim it has been since she and Jason last talked in Chapter 13?
(a) Two months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) A month.
(d) Three months.
4. What reason does Kyle give his parents for not telling them sooner about the harassment he has suffered due to his sexuality?
(a) He thought they would not care.
(b) He thought they would think it was his fault.
(c) He thought they would make too big a deal out of it.
(d) He thought there was nothing they could do.
5. What does Kyle's father suggest he might do after Kyle's fight with Jack and Jose?
(a) Join PFLAG.
(b) Go to a Rainbow Youth meeting.
(c) Stop accusing Kyle of choosing his sexuality.
(d) Read more about homosexuality.
6. What causes the chaos in Jason's home during the Christmas break as described in Chapter 16?
(a) His father is too drunk to go to church.
(b) His father and uncle fight due to alcohol consumption.
(c) His father and grandmother argue.
(d) His father refuses to stay at home.
7. What item does Nelson's mother use to support her arguments in favor of the GSA?
(a) A picture of the Constitution.
(b) A picture of Nelson on the day he began school.
(c) A picture of Nelson and Kyle.
(d) A picture of the Gay Rights parade.
8. For what reason does Kyle find Jason depressed and alone in his home at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) Jason is humiliated that everyone at school now knows he is gay.
(b) Jason's father has left the family.
(c) Jason's mother has asked him to move out.
(d) Jason is heartbroken that Debra no longer wants to be friends.
9. Who leaves a note in Jason's locker in Chapter 13?
10. What argument does Ms. MacTrough give for the approval of the GSA?
(a) That it will give students a safe place to work out their sexual confusion.
(b) That it will offer counseling for students in trouble.
(c) That it will offer scholastic help for those in need.
(d) That it will promote tolerance.
11. What reason does Kyle give for not reporting the harassing phone calls he has received to the school authorities?
(a) He can handle it.
(b) He is embarassed.
(c) He does not want to draw more attention to himself.
(d) They will not do anything.
12. What happens in chapter 18 when Nelson tries to contact Brick?
(a) Brick asks him to come over again.
(b) The message is blocked.
(c) The message is left unanswered.
(d) Brick tells him to leave him alone.
13. Who is Dane?
(a) Kyle's ex-best friend.
(b) Blake's ex-boyfriend.
(c) Shea's brother.
(d) Brick's boyfriend.
14. What does Brick serve Nelson to drink when they arrive at his apartment in Chapter 15?
15. Why does Shea refuse to repair her friendship with Nelson in Chapter 21?
(a) She is moving away.
(b) She no longer respects him.
(c) Too much time has gone by.
(d) He is too self absorbed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kyle go to see Nelson in Chapter 17?
2. How does Kyle tell Jason the fight began?
3. Over what television show do Kyle and Jason briefly bond in Chapter 14?
4. What do Nelson and Kyle learn has happened to their club request to the school board?
5. What item does Debra return to Jason when they break up?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)