|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jason go to Kyle's house in Chapter 14?
(a) To apologize for recent behavior.
(b) For more tutoring help.
(c) To ask for help with Debra.
(d) To ask Kyle not to tell anyone about what happened at the movies.
2. What beverage does Nelson drink while alone with an older man in Chapter 12?
(a) Rum and coke.
(d) Vodka and coke.
3. What changes in Jason and Kyle's relationship in Chapter 20 after the fight between Nelson and Kyle and Jack and Jose?
(a) Jason tells Kyle to leave him alone.
(b) Jason distances himself from Kyle.
(c) Jason asks Kyle to be his boyfriend.
(d) Jason becomes more friendly toward Kyle.
4. Why does Jason stop Kyle from sitting at the athletes table in the cafeteria in Chapter 16?
(a) To make Kyle leave him alone.
(b) To embarass Kyle.
(c) To end their relationship.
(d) To keep people from knowing about their relationship.
5. With whom does Nelson go out at the end of Chapter 21?
6. Why does Shea refuse to repair her friendship with Nelson in Chapter 21?
(a) He is too self absorbed.
(b) She is moving away.
(c) She no longer respects him.
(d) Too much time has gone by.
7. What happens in chapter 18 when Nelson tries to contact Brick?
(a) The message is blocked.
(b) Brick tells him to leave him alone.
(c) Brick asks him to come over again.
(d) The message is left unanswered.
8. For what reason does Jason tell Debra he can no longer be with her?
(a) He is in love with someone else.
(b) He thinks he is bisexual.
(c) He is gay.
(d) He just does not love her anymore.
9. What do Nelson and Kyle learn has happened to their club request to the school board?
(a) It is approved with conditions.
(b) It is approved.
(c) It is declined.
(d) It is approved, but only for the rest of the semester.
10. To what school does Jason receive a scholarship?
(d) Miami University.
11. Who visits Jason's home during the Christmas holiday?
(a) His mother's siblings.
(b) His Uncle Ramiro and Aunt Ana.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His older brother.
12. What causes the chaos in Jason's home during the Christmas break as described in Chapter 16?
(a) His father is too drunk to go to church.
(b) His father refuses to stay at home.
(c) His father and uncle fight due to alcohol consumption.
(d) His father and grandmother argue.
13. What does Brick serve Nelson to drink when they arrive at his apartment in Chapter 15?
14. Over what television show do Kyle and Jason briefly bond in Chapter 14?
(a) Star Trek.
(c) The Simpsons.
(d) Law and Order.
15. Who comes to Jason's home in Chapter 22 to repair their relationship?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nelson have Shea take pictures of him in Chapter 15?
2. Why is Nelson in a hurry to have a sexual experience?
3. Why is Jason convinced that going to the first GSA meeting would be a mistake?
4. Who is Dane?
5. What does Jason teach Kyle to do in Chapter 14?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)