|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What change to Jason's future plans has taken place now that his father is gone?
(a) He can no longer afford what his scholarship will not pay.
(b) He has to stay home to care for his mother.
(c) Nothing, he still plans to attend Tech.
(d) He might not go away to college.
2. How old does Nelson tell Brick he is in Chapter 15?
3. For what reason does Nelson reveal his mother has grounded him in Chapter 17?
(a) For taking the car without permission.
(b) For drinking.
(c) For smoking in the house.
(d) For disappearing the night he met Brick.
4. What is Jason doing when chaos begins to break out during the Christmas holiday in Chapter 16?
(a) Playing poker with his cousins.
(b) Watching a football game.
(c) Listening to music in his bedroom.
(d) Playing Old Maid with his sister.
5. What item does Nelson's mother use to support her arguments in favor of the GSA?
(a) A picture of the Constitution.
(b) A picture of Nelson on the day he began school.
(c) A picture of Nelson and Kyle.
(d) A picture of the Gay Rights parade.
6. Who leaves a note in Jason's locker in Chapter 13?
7. Who does Jason's mother initially believe might be responsible for Jason's sexuality?
(d) His father.
8. What excuse does Nelson give Kyle for not using protection during his encounter with Brick?
(a) He was afraid to ask.
(b) He assumed Brick would take care of it.
(c) He forgot.
(d) He was embarassed.
9. Who comes to Jason's home in Chapter 22 to repair their relationship?
10. Why does Jason go to Kyle's house in Chapter 14?
(a) For more tutoring help.
(b) To ask for help with Debra.
(c) To ask Kyle not to tell anyone about what happened at the movies.
(d) To apologize for recent behavior.
11. Why does Jason stop Kyle from sitting at the athletes table in the cafeteria in Chapter 16?
(a) To keep people from knowing about their relationship.
(b) To make Kyle leave him alone.
(c) To embarass Kyle.
(d) To end their relationship.
12. What beverage does Nelson drink while alone with an older man in Chapter 12?
(a) Vodka and coke.
(d) Rum and coke.
13. With whom does Nelson leave the Rainbow Youth party in Chapter 12?
14. Why is Jason convinced that going to the first GSA meeting would be a mistake?
(a) Everyone is making fun of it and those invovled.
(b) He is still afraid of losing his scholarship.
(c) It will reveal to the world who is gay.
(d) He does not believe it will help anything.
15. Who is Dane?
(a) Blake's ex-boyfriend.
(b) Brick's boyfriend.
(c) Shea's brother.
(d) Kyle's ex-best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Nelson and Kyle learn has happened to their club request to the school board?
2. Why is Nelson in a hurry to have a sexual experience?
3. How long does Debra claim it has been since she and Jason last talked in Chapter 13?
4. Why is Shea angry with Nelson when he calls her in chapter 18?
5. What item does Debra return to Jason when they break up?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)