|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kyle tell Nelson happened to Shea in Chapter 21?
(a) She broke up with Caitlin.
(b) She decided not to go to college.
(c) She decided to go to Smith with Caitlin.
(d) She has a new girlfriend.
2. Why does Shea suggest Nelson has begun talking to an older man over the Internet?
(a) To make Kyle jealous.
(b) To look for sexual experience.
(c) To make up for not having a father.
(d) To meet new people.
3. What gift does Kyle give Nelson for Christmas?
(a) A graphic tee.
(b) A book.
(c) A pair of boots.
(d) A new watch.
4. Where does Jason take the injured Nelson and Kyle after a fight in Chapter 19?
(a) To his home.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To Nelson's house.
(d) To Kyle's house.
5. What illness does Nelson learn Jeremy has been diagnosed with in Chapter 18?
6. Why does Jason make the final decision to attend the meeting?
(a) He feels responsible for protecting Nelson.
(b) He wants to support Nelson and Kyle.
(c) He is afraid Kyle will be mad at him.
(d) He is tired of lying.
7. What argument does Ms. MacTrough give for the approval of the GSA?
(a) That it will offer scholastic help for those in need.
(b) That it will promote tolerance.
(c) That it will offer counseling for students in trouble.
(d) That it will give students a safe place to work out their sexual confusion.
8. Why does Jason go to Kyle's house in Chapter 14?
(a) To apologize for recent behavior.
(b) To ask Kyle not to tell anyone about what happened at the movies.
(c) For more tutoring help.
(d) To ask for help with Debra.
9. Who does Jason's mother initially believe might be responsible for Jason's sexuality?
(b) His father.
10. What expensive item does Kyle want to improve his appearance for which he is hesitant to ask his parents?
(a) Acne skin treatments.
(b) Plastic surgery.
(c) Contact lenses.
(d) Laser eye surgery.
11. Who visits Jason's home during the Christmas holiday?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His older brother.
(c) His mother's siblings.
(d) His Uncle Ramiro and Aunt Ana.
12. What excuse does Nelson give Kyle for not using protection during his encounter with Brick?
(a) He was afraid to ask.
(b) He forgot.
(c) He assumed Brick would take care of it.
(d) He was embarassed.
13. What does Nelson's father tell him he needs to practice more in his life?
(b) Self control.
14. What happens in chapter 18 when Nelson tries to contact Brick?
(a) The message is blocked.
(b) Brick asks him to come over again.
(c) Brick tells him to leave him alone.
(d) The message is left unanswered.
15. What does Jason teach Kyle to do in Chapter 14?
(a) Bat a paper ball.
(b) Throw paper balls into the trash basket.
(c) Catch a tossed ball.
(d) Dribble a basketball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kyle's father suggest he might do after Kyle's fight with Jack and Jose?
2. What does Brick serve Nelson to drink when they arrive at his apartment in Chapter 15?
3. Why does Jason turn up the sound on his stereo in Chapter 13, causing his father to become angry?
4. What do Nelson and Kyle learn has happened to their club request to the school board?
5. What do Jason's parents fight about in Chapter 16?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)