|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What expensive item does Kyle want to improve his appearance for which he is hesitant to ask his parents?
(a) Laser eye surgery.
(b) Contact lenses.
(c) Plastic surgery.
(d) Acne skin treatments.
2. Who leaves a note in Jason's locker in Chapter 13?
3. With whom does Nelson go out at the end of Chapter 21?
4. How does Kyle tell Jason the fight began?
(a) Nelson yelled an insult at Jack.
(b) Nelson responded to taunts by Jack and his friends.
(c) Jack just stopped for no reason.
(d) Nelson threw a bottle at Jack's truck.
5. Why does Jason turn up the sound on his stereo in Chapter 13, causing his father to become angry?
(a) It's just a habit.
(b) To shut out the memory of Debra's anger.
(c) To hear it better.
(d) His parents are fighting.
6. Who does Nelson's mother threaten to call if he does not tell her what is causing his depression?
(b) His father.
(c) The doctor.
7. For what reason does Jason tell Debra he can no longer be with her?
(a) He thinks he is bisexual.
(b) He is gay.
(c) He is in love with someone else.
(d) He just does not love her anymore.
8. What item does Debra return to Jason when they break up?
(a) A ring.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) His class ring.
(d) A necklace.
9. What does Nelson's father tell him he needs to practice more in his life?
(b) Self control.
10. Why does Shea refuse to repair her friendship with Nelson in Chapter 21?
(a) He is too self absorbed.
(b) Too much time has gone by.
(c) She is moving away.
(d) She no longer respects him.
11. What reason does Kyle give his parents for not telling them sooner about the harassment he has suffered due to his sexuality?
(a) He thought they would make too big a deal out of it.
(b) He thought they would think it was his fault.
(c) He thought there was nothing they could do.
(d) He thought they would not care.
12. Why does Kyle go to see Nelson in Chapter 17?
(a) To hide from his parents.
(b) Nelson has not been to school.
(c) To work on homework together.
(d) To vent about Jason.
13. How does Jason's father feel about this scholarship?
(a) He thinks Jason could have done better.
(b) He thinks Jason did as well as he could.
(c) He is proud.
(d) He is indifferent.
14. What beverage does Nelson drink while alone with an older man in Chapter 12?
(b) Rum and coke.
(c) Vodka and coke.
15. Why does Jason make the final decision to attend the meeting?
(a) He feels responsible for protecting Nelson.
(b) He is afraid Kyle will be mad at him.
(c) He is tired of lying.
(d) He wants to support Nelson and Kyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changes in Jason and Kyle's relationship in Chapter 20 after the fight between Nelson and Kyle and Jack and Jose?
2. For the first time, with whom does Jason stop to talk in the hallway at school in Chapter 22?
3. Why does Nelson have Shea take pictures of him in Chapter 15?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 21, what does Nelson notice has changed about Kyle's appearance?
5. What do Nelson and Kyle learn has happened to their club request to the school board?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)