|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens during basketball practice in Chapter 16 that makes Jason wonder if he has become a target of intolerance?
(a) Someone calls him a derogatory name.
(b) Someone purposely pushes him against the wall.
(c) Someone fouls him during play.
(d) Someone steals his clothes from his locker.
2. What do Nelson and Kyle learn has happened to their club request to the school board?
(a) It is approved, but only for the rest of the semester.
(b) It is approved.
(c) It is declined.
(d) It is approved with conditions.
3. What does Nelson's father tell him he needs to practice more in his life?
(a) Self control.
4. To what school does Jason receive a scholarship?
(d) Miami University.
5. How does Jason's father feel about this scholarship?
(a) He thinks Jason could have done better.
(b) He is proud.
(c) He thinks Jason did as well as he could.
(d) He is indifferent.
6. Why does Shea suggest Nelson has begun talking to an older man over the Internet?
(a) To meet new people.
(b) To look for sexual experience.
(c) To make up for not having a father.
(d) To make Kyle jealous.
7. What does Kyle tell Nelson happened to Shea in Chapter 21?
(a) She has a new girlfriend.
(b) She decided not to go to college.
(c) She broke up with Caitlin.
(d) She decided to go to Smith with Caitlin.
8. Who is Dane?
(a) Brick's boyfriend.
(b) Kyle's ex-best friend.
(c) Blake's ex-boyfriend.
(d) Shea's brother.
9. Who does Kyle ask to attend a high school basketball game with him in Chapter 20?
(c) His father.
10. How long does Debra claim it has been since she and Jason last talked in Chapter 13?
(a) A month.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Two months.
11. With whom does Nelson leave the Rainbow Youth party in Chapter 12?
12. On whose side does Nelson fall when Kyle tells Nelson about Jason's refusal to allow Kyle to sit with him in the cafeteria?
13. For what reason does Nelson reveal his mother has grounded him in Chapter 17?
(a) For disappearing the night he met Brick.
(b) For drinking.
(c) For taking the car without permission.
(d) For smoking in the house.
14. From whom does Nelson receive an impersonal Christmas card in Chapter 15?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His father.
15. At the beginning of Chapter 21, what does Nelson notice has changed about Kyle's appearance?
(a) He has contacts and is not wearing his ball cap.
(b) He has stopped wearing his old sweatshirt.
(c) He has stopped wearing his old wristband.
(d) He has new glasses and a different ball cap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason teach Kyle to do in Chapter 14?
2. How does Kyle think his father will react to his participation in a fight?
3. For what reason does Jason tell Debra he can no longer be with her?
4. What illness does Nelson learn Jeremy has been diagnosed with in Chapter 18?
5. What does Kyle's father suggest he might do after Kyle's fight with Jack and Jose?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)