|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jason make the final decision to attend the meeting?
(a) He is tired of lying.
(b) He is afraid Kyle will be mad at him.
(c) He feels responsible for protecting Nelson.
(d) He wants to support Nelson and Kyle.
2. How does Jason's mother react when Jason's father breaks his stereo?
(a) She cries.
(b) She does nothing.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She criticizes him and takes Jason out to dinner.
3. What does Nelson's father tell him he needs to practice more in his life?
(c) Self control.
4. How does Kyle think his father will react to his participation in a fight?
(a) He will be angry with Jack.
(b) He will blame his choice of sexuality.
(c) He will blame Nelson.
(d) He will want to press charges.
5. What does Brick serve Nelson to drink when they arrive at his apartment in Chapter 15?
6. How does Jason make Jack Ransom leave Nelson and Kyle alone?
(a) He simply tells him to stop.
(b) He hits him.
(c) He threatens to call the police.
(d) He yells for help from nearby houses.
7. Over what television show do Kyle and Jason briefly bond in Chapter 14?
(a) Star Trek.
(b) The Simpsons.
(d) Law and Order.
8. What illness does Nelson learn Jeremy has been diagnosed with in Chapter 18?
9. Who wrote a derogatory word on Kyle's locker during the Christmas break?
(a) Debra and her friends.
(b) Jack Ransom.
(c) Jason and his friends.
10. What does Jason stop a freshman from doing to a flyer for the GSA in Chapter 22?
(a) Covering it up.
(b) Defacing it.
(c) Tearing it down.
(d) Putting it up.
11. Why is Jason convinced that going to the first GSA meeting would be a mistake?
(a) Everyone is making fun of it and those invovled.
(b) He is still afraid of losing his scholarship.
(c) It will reveal to the world who is gay.
(d) He does not believe it will help anything.
12. Who is Dane?
(a) Blake's ex-boyfriend.
(b) Brick's boyfriend.
(c) Shea's brother.
(d) Kyle's ex-best friend.
13. Why is Shea angry with Nelson when he calls her in chapter 18?
(a) He did not buy her anything for Christmas.
(b) He did not respond when she needed him.
(c) He forgot her birthday.
(d) He missed her engagement party.
14. How does Jason's father feel about this scholarship?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) He is proud.
(c) He thinks Jason did as well as he could.
(d) He thinks Jason could have done better.
15. What argument does Ms. MacTrough give for the approval of the GSA?
(a) That it will give students a safe place to work out their sexual confusion.
(b) That it will offer counseling for students in trouble.
(c) That it will offer scholastic help for those in need.
(d) That it will promote tolerance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jason doing when chaos begins to break out during the Christmas holiday in Chapter 16?
2. How long does Debra claim it has been since she and Jason last talked in Chapter 13?
3. What do Jason's parents fight about in Chapter 16?
4. How has Jason been treating Kyle since their trip to the movies?
5. Why does Jason stop Kyle from sitting at the athletes table in the cafeteria in Chapter 16?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)