|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what school does Jason receive a scholarship?
(d) Miami University.
2. To whom does Brick reveal the apartment really belongs after his encounter with Nelson in Chapter 15?
(a) His parents.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His boyfriend.
(d) His brother.
3. What do Nelson and Kyle learn has happened to their club request to the school board?
(a) It is declined.
(b) It is approved.
(c) It is approved, but only for the rest of the semester.
(d) It is approved with conditions.
4. What item does Nelson's mother use to support her arguments in favor of the GSA?
(a) A picture of the Gay Rights parade.
(b) A picture of Nelson and Kyle.
(c) A picture of the Constitution.
(d) A picture of Nelson on the day he began school.
5. For what reason does Jason tell Debra he can no longer be with her?
(a) He just does not love her anymore.
(b) He thinks he is bisexual.
(c) He is in love with someone else.
(d) He is gay.
6. What illness does Nelson learn Jeremy has been diagnosed with in Chapter 18?
7. Who does Nelson's mother threaten to call if he does not tell her what is causing his depression?
(b) His father.
(d) The doctor.
8. For what reason does Nelson reveal his mother has grounded him in Chapter 17?
(a) For disappearing the night he met Brick.
(b) For smoking in the house.
(c) For taking the car without permission.
(d) For drinking.
9. What does Kyle's father suggest he might do after Kyle's fight with Jack and Jose?
(a) Stop accusing Kyle of choosing his sexuality.
(b) Go to a Rainbow Youth meeting.
(c) Join PFLAG.
(d) Read more about homosexuality.
10. What does Jason stop a freshman from doing to a flyer for the GSA in Chapter 22?
(a) Covering it up.
(b) Putting it up.
(c) Tearing it down.
(d) Defacing it.
11. What does Brick serve Nelson to drink when they arrive at his apartment in Chapter 15?
12. What reason does Kyle give for not reporting the harassing phone calls he has received to the school authorities?
(a) He is embarassed.
(b) He does not want to draw more attention to himself.
(c) They will not do anything.
(d) He can handle it.
13. Who does Kyle ask to attend a high school basketball game with him in Chapter 20?
(d) His father.
14. Why does Nelson have Shea take pictures of him in Chapter 15?
(a) To begin a modeling career.
(b) To give to Kyle.
(c) To post on the Internet.
(d) To send to his father.
15. Why does Kyle go to see Nelson in Chapter 17?
(a) To vent about Jason.
(b) To hide from his parents.
(c) Nelson has not been to school.
(d) To work on homework together.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kyle tell Jason the fight began?
2. Where does Jason take the injured Nelson and Kyle after a fight in Chapter 19?
3. Who leaves a note in Jason's locker in Chapter 13?
4. How long does Debra claim it has been since she and Jason last talked in Chapter 13?
5. With whom does Nelson leave the Rainbow Youth party in Chapter 12?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)