|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Jason's home during the Christmas holiday?
(a) His Uncle Ramiro and Aunt Ana.
(b) His older brother.
(c) His mother's siblings.
(d) His grandmother.
2. Why does Jason stop Kyle from sitting at the athletes table in the cafeteria in Chapter 16?
(a) To make Kyle leave him alone.
(b) To embarass Kyle.
(c) To keep people from knowing about their relationship.
(d) To end their relationship.
3. What changes in Jason and Kyle's relationship in Chapter 20 after the fight between Nelson and Kyle and Jack and Jose?
(a) Jason asks Kyle to be his boyfriend.
(b) Jason tells Kyle to leave him alone.
(c) Jason becomes more friendly toward Kyle.
(d) Jason distances himself from Kyle.
4. What reason does Kyle give for not reporting the harassing phone calls he has received to the school authorities?
(a) He does not want to draw more attention to himself.
(b) He can handle it.
(c) He is embarassed.
(d) They will not do anything.
5. How does Nelson's mother react to the fight Nelson and Kyle got into with Jack and Jose?
(a) She blames Kyle.
(b) She wants to press charges.
(c) She wants to have a meeting with the school principal.
(d) She blames Nelson's temper.
6. With whom does Nelson go out at the end of Chapter 21?
7. Who wrote a derogatory word on Kyle's locker during the Christmas break?
(b) Jason and his friends.
(c) Debra and her friends.
(d) Jack Ransom.
8. Why is Shea angry with Nelson when he calls her in chapter 18?
(a) He missed her engagement party.
(b) He did not buy her anything for Christmas.
(c) He did not respond when she needed him.
(d) He forgot her birthday.
9. How does Jason's father feel about this scholarship?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) He thinks Jason could have done better.
(c) He is proud.
(d) He thinks Jason did as well as he could.
10. Who does Jason's mother initially believe might be responsible for Jason's sexuality?
(d) His father.
11. At the beginning of Chapter 21, what does Nelson notice has changed about Kyle's appearance?
(a) He has stopped wearing his old sweatshirt.
(b) He has contacts and is not wearing his ball cap.
(c) He has stopped wearing his old wristband.
(d) He has new glasses and a different ball cap.
12. What happens in chapter 18 when Nelson tries to contact Brick?
(a) The message is blocked.
(b) Brick tells him to leave him alone.
(c) Brick asks him to come over again.
(d) The message is left unanswered.
13. What argument does Ms. MacTrough give for the approval of the GSA?
(a) That it will give students a safe place to work out their sexual confusion.
(b) That it will promote tolerance.
(c) That it will offer counseling for students in trouble.
(d) That it will offer scholastic help for those in need.
14. What expensive item does Kyle want to improve his appearance for which he is hesitant to ask his parents?
(a) Laser eye surgery.
(b) Contact lenses.
(c) Acne skin treatments.
(d) Plastic surgery.
15. For what reason does Jason tell Debra he can no longer be with her?
(a) He just does not love her anymore.
(b) He thinks he is bisexual.
(c) He is gay.
(d) He is in love with someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Kyle give his parents for not telling them sooner about the harassment he has suffered due to his sexuality?
2. To whom does Brick reveal the apartment really belongs after his encounter with Nelson in Chapter 15?
3. Who does Nelson hope to see at the Rainbow Youth party at Caitlin's house?
4. What does Nelson's father tell him he needs to practice more in his life?
5. What happens during basketball practice in Chapter 16 that makes Jason wonder if he has become a target of intolerance?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)