|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the chaos in Jason's home during the Christmas break as described in Chapter 16?
(a) His father is too drunk to go to church.
(b) His father and grandmother argue.
(c) His father refuses to stay at home.
(d) His father and uncle fight due to alcohol consumption.
2. What reason does Kyle give for not reporting the harassing phone calls he has received to the school authorities?
(a) They will not do anything.
(b) He is embarassed.
(c) He does not want to draw more attention to himself.
(d) He can handle it.
3. Who wrote a derogatory word on Kyle's locker during the Christmas break?
(a) Debra and her friends.
(b) Jack Ransom.
(d) Jason and his friends.
4. To what school does Jason receive a scholarship?
(d) Miami University.
5. What argument does Ms. MacTrough give for the approval of the GSA?
(a) That it will offer counseling for students in trouble.
(b) That it will give students a safe place to work out their sexual confusion.
(c) That it will promote tolerance.
(d) That it will offer scholastic help for those in need.
6. With whom does Nelson leave the Rainbow Youth party in Chapter 12?
7. On whose side does Nelson fall when Kyle tells Nelson about Jason's refusal to allow Kyle to sit with him in the cafeteria?
8. What changes in Jason and Kyle's relationship in Chapter 20 after the fight between Nelson and Kyle and Jack and Jose?
(a) Jason tells Kyle to leave him alone.
(b) Jason asks Kyle to be his boyfriend.
(c) Jason distances himself from Kyle.
(d) Jason becomes more friendly toward Kyle.
9. What beverage does Nelson drink while alone with an older man in Chapter 12?
(c) Rum and coke.
(d) Vodka and coke.
10. Why does Shea suggest Nelson has begun talking to an older man over the Internet?
(a) To make Kyle jealous.
(b) To look for sexual experience.
(c) To meet new people.
(d) To make up for not having a father.
11. What do Nelson and Kyle learn has happened to their club request to the school board?
(a) It is approved.
(b) It is approved, but only for the rest of the semester.
(c) It is approved with conditions.
(d) It is declined.
12. Why does Kyle go to see Nelson in Chapter 17?
(a) Nelson has not been to school.
(b) To hide from his parents.
(c) To vent about Jason.
(d) To work on homework together.
13. What does Jason stop a freshman from doing to a flyer for the GSA in Chapter 22?
(a) Tearing it down.
(b) Defacing it.
(c) Putting it up.
(d) Covering it up.
14. At the beginning of Chapter 21, what does Nelson notice has changed about Kyle's appearance?
(a) He has contacts and is not wearing his ball cap.
(b) He has new glasses and a different ball cap.
(c) He has stopped wearing his old wristband.
(d) He has stopped wearing his old sweatshirt.
15. What happens during basketball practice in Chapter 16 that makes Jason wonder if he has become a target of intolerance?
(a) Someone fouls him during play.
(b) Someone steals his clothes from his locker.
(c) Someone purposely pushes him against the wall.
(d) Someone calls him a derogatory name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Shea angry with Nelson when he calls her in chapter 18?
2. Who does Jason's mother initially believe might be responsible for Jason's sexuality?
3. For what reason does Kyle find Jason depressed and alone in his home at the end of Chapter 20?
4. Who is Dane?
5. What reason does Kyle give his parents for not telling them sooner about the harassment he has suffered due to his sexuality?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)