|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What argument does Ms. MacTrough give for the approval of the GSA?
(a) That it will offer scholastic help for those in need.
(b) That it will promote tolerance.
(c) That it will offer counseling for students in trouble.
(d) That it will give students a safe place to work out their sexual confusion.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 21, what does Nelson notice has changed about Kyle's appearance?
(a) He has stopped wearing his old wristband.
(b) He has contacts and is not wearing his ball cap.
(c) He has new glasses and a different ball cap.
(d) He has stopped wearing his old sweatshirt.
3. With whom does Nelson go out at the end of Chapter 21?
4. What does Nelson's father tell him he needs to practice more in his life?
(d) Self control.
5. What change to Jason's future plans has taken place now that his father is gone?
(a) Nothing, he still plans to attend Tech.
(b) He might not go away to college.
(c) He has to stay home to care for his mother.
(d) He can no longer afford what his scholarship will not pay.
6. What expensive item does Kyle want to improve his appearance for which he is hesitant to ask his parents?
(a) Laser eye surgery.
(b) Acne skin treatments.
(c) Contact lenses.
(d) Plastic surgery.
7. With whom does Nelson leave the Rainbow Youth party in Chapter 12?
8. What beverage does Nelson drink while alone with an older man in Chapter 12?
(c) Vodka and coke.
(d) Rum and coke.
9. What causes the chaos in Jason's home during the Christmas break as described in Chapter 16?
(a) His father is too drunk to go to church.
(b) His father and uncle fight due to alcohol consumption.
(c) His father refuses to stay at home.
(d) His father and grandmother argue.
10. Why is Nelson in a hurry to have a sexual experience?
(a) He thinks love and sex are the same thing.
(b) He wants to impress Kyle with his experience.
(c) He feels sex will make him more mature.
(d) He is bored.
11. What reason does Kyle give his parents for not telling them sooner about the harassment he has suffered due to his sexuality?
(a) He thought there was nothing they could do.
(b) He thought they would make too big a deal out of it.
(c) He thought they would not care.
(d) He thought they would think it was his fault.
12. What happens during basketball practice in Chapter 16 that makes Jason wonder if he has become a target of intolerance?
(a) Someone steals his clothes from his locker.
(b) Someone calls him a derogatory name.
(c) Someone purposely pushes him against the wall.
(d) Someone fouls him during play.
13. For what reason does Kyle find Jason depressed and alone in his home at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) Jason is heartbroken that Debra no longer wants to be friends.
(b) Jason is humiliated that everyone at school now knows he is gay.
(c) Jason's father has left the family.
(d) Jason's mother has asked him to move out.
14. How does Kyle tell Jason the fight began?
(a) Nelson responded to taunts by Jack and his friends.
(b) Jack just stopped for no reason.
(c) Nelson threw a bottle at Jack's truck.
(d) Nelson yelled an insult at Jack.
15. What changes in Jason and Kyle's relationship in Chapter 20 after the fight between Nelson and Kyle and Jack and Jose?
(a) Jason tells Kyle to leave him alone.
(b) Jason distances himself from Kyle.
(c) Jason asks Kyle to be his boyfriend.
(d) Jason becomes more friendly toward Kyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Shea refuse to repair her friendship with Nelson in Chapter 21?
2. Why does Nelson have Shea take pictures of him in Chapter 15?
3. How does Jason's father feel about this scholarship?
4. For the first time, with whom does Jason stop to talk in the hallway at school in Chapter 22?
5. Why does Kyle go to see Nelson in Chapter 17?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)