|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 21, what does Nelson notice has changed about Kyle's appearance?
(a) He has new glasses and a different ball cap.
(b) He has stopped wearing his old sweatshirt.
(c) He has stopped wearing his old wristband.
(d) He has contacts and is not wearing his ball cap.
2. How old does Nelson tell Brick he is in Chapter 15?
3. How does Kyle tell Jason the fight began?
(a) Nelson yelled an insult at Jack.
(b) Nelson responded to taunts by Jack and his friends.
(c) Nelson threw a bottle at Jack's truck.
(d) Jack just stopped for no reason.
4. How does Jason make Jack Ransom leave Nelson and Kyle alone?
(a) He hits him.
(b) He yells for help from nearby houses.
(c) He simply tells him to stop.
(d) He threatens to call the police.
5. Why does Jason turn up the sound on his stereo in Chapter 13, causing his father to become angry?
(a) It's just a habit.
(b) To hear it better.
(c) To shut out the memory of Debra's anger.
(d) His parents are fighting.
6. To what school does Jason receive a scholarship?
(a) Miami University.
7. What gift does Kyle give Nelson for Christmas?
(a) A book.
(b) A pair of boots.
(c) A graphic tee.
(d) A new watch.
8. What argument does Ms. MacTrough give for the approval of the GSA?
(a) That it will promote tolerance.
(b) That it will give students a safe place to work out their sexual confusion.
(c) That it will offer scholastic help for those in need.
(d) That it will offer counseling for students in trouble.
9. Why does Shea suggest Nelson has begun talking to an older man over the Internet?
(a) To make up for not having a father.
(b) To look for sexual experience.
(c) To meet new people.
(d) To make Kyle jealous.
10. Over what television show do Kyle and Jason briefly bond in Chapter 14?
(a) Law and Order.
(b) The Simpsons.
(d) Star Trek.
11. Who comes to Jason's home in Chapter 22 to repair their relationship?
12. Who does Jason's mother initially believe might be responsible for Jason's sexuality?
(c) His father.
13. What expensive item does Kyle want to improve his appearance for which he is hesitant to ask his parents?
(a) Plastic surgery.
(b) Contact lenses.
(c) Acne skin treatments.
(d) Laser eye surgery.
14. What does Nelson's father tell him he needs to practice more in his life?
(b) Self control.
15. What does Brick serve Nelson to drink when they arrive at his apartment in Chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Jason been treating Kyle since their trip to the movies?
2. For the first time, with whom does Jason stop to talk in the hallway at school in Chapter 22?
3. What item does Debra return to Jason when they break up?
4. Why does Nelson have Shea take pictures of him in Chapter 15?
5. Why is Nelson in a hurry to have a sexual experience?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)