|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Kyle give for not reporting the harassing phone calls he has received to the school authorities?
(a) He can handle it.
(b) He does not want to draw more attention to himself.
(c) They will not do anything.
(d) He is embarassed.
2. What causes the chaos in Jason's home during the Christmas break as described in Chapter 16?
(a) His father refuses to stay at home.
(b) His father and grandmother argue.
(c) His father and uncle fight due to alcohol consumption.
(d) His father is too drunk to go to church.
3. For what reason does Kyle find Jason depressed and alone in his home at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) Jason's mother has asked him to move out.
(b) Jason is heartbroken that Debra no longer wants to be friends.
(c) Jason is humiliated that everyone at school now knows he is gay.
(d) Jason's father has left the family.
4. How long does Debra claim it has been since she and Jason last talked in Chapter 13?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) A month.
5. From whom does Nelson receive an impersonal Christmas card in Chapter 15?
(a) His father.
(d) His cousin.
6. What gift does Kyle give Nelson for Christmas?
(a) A pair of boots.
(b) A graphic tee.
(c) A new watch.
(d) A book.
7. What does Brick serve Nelson to drink when they arrive at his apartment in Chapter 15?
8. What argument does Ms. MacTrough give for the approval of the GSA?
(a) That it will offer counseling for students in trouble.
(b) That it will offer scholastic help for those in need.
(c) That it will promote tolerance.
(d) That it will give students a safe place to work out their sexual confusion.
9. To whom does Brick reveal the apartment really belongs after his encounter with Nelson in Chapter 15?
(a) His boyfriend.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His parents.
(d) His brother.
10. How does Jason make Jack Ransom leave Nelson and Kyle alone?
(a) He simply tells him to stop.
(b) He hits him.
(c) He threatens to call the police.
(d) He yells for help from nearby houses.
11. What excuse does Nelson give Kyle for not using protection during his encounter with Brick?
(a) He was afraid to ask.
(b) He forgot.
(c) He assumed Brick would take care of it.
(d) He was embarassed.
12. Who does Jason's mother initially believe might be responsible for Jason's sexuality?
(c) His father.
13. Why does Kyle go to see Nelson in Chapter 17?
(a) To vent about Jason.
(b) Nelson has not been to school.
(c) To hide from his parents.
(d) To work on homework together.
14. To what school does Jason receive a scholarship?
(c) Miami University.
15. Who does Kyle ask to attend a high school basketball game with him in Chapter 20?
(b) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 21, what does Nelson notice has changed about Kyle's appearance?
2. Why does Shea refuse to repair her friendship with Nelson in Chapter 21?
3. Who comes to Jason's home in Chapter 22 to repair their relationship?
4. Who does Nelson's mother threaten to call if he does not tell her what is causing his depression?
5. Where does Jason take the injured Nelson and Kyle after a fight in Chapter 19?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)