|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Shea angry with Nelson when he calls her in chapter 18?
(a) He did not buy her anything for Christmas.
(b) He missed her engagement party.
(c) He forgot her birthday.
(d) He did not respond when she needed him.
2. What argument does Ms. MacTrough give for the approval of the GSA?
(a) That it will offer scholastic help for those in need.
(b) That it will give students a safe place to work out their sexual confusion.
(c) That it will offer counseling for students in trouble.
(d) That it will promote tolerance.
3. Who visits Jason's home during the Christmas holiday?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His mother's siblings.
(c) His older brother.
(d) His Uncle Ramiro and Aunt Ana.
4. Why does Jason stop Kyle from sitting at the athletes table in the cafeteria in Chapter 16?
(a) To embarass Kyle.
(b) To end their relationship.
(c) To keep people from knowing about their relationship.
(d) To make Kyle leave him alone.
5. What beverage does Nelson drink while alone with an older man in Chapter 12?
(c) Rum and coke.
(d) Vodka and coke.
6. What is Jason doing when chaos begins to break out during the Christmas holiday in Chapter 16?
(a) Playing Old Maid with his sister.
(b) Watching a football game.
(c) Playing poker with his cousins.
(d) Listening to music in his bedroom.
7. What item does Debra return to Jason when they break up?
(a) A ring.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) His class ring.
(d) A necklace.
8. What happens during basketball practice in Chapter 16 that makes Jason wonder if he has become a target of intolerance?
(a) Someone steals his clothes from his locker.
(b) Someone purposely pushes him against the wall.
(c) Someone fouls him during play.
(d) Someone calls him a derogatory name.
9. Who does Jason's mother initially believe might be responsible for Jason's sexuality?
(d) His father.
10. With whom does Nelson leave the Rainbow Youth party in Chapter 12?
11. How old does Nelson tell Brick he is in Chapter 15?
12. How long does Debra claim it has been since she and Jason last talked in Chapter 13?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three months.
(c) A month.
(d) Two months.
13. What reason does Kyle give his parents for not telling them sooner about the harassment he has suffered due to his sexuality?
(a) He thought they would not care.
(b) He thought they would think it was his fault.
(c) He thought they would make too big a deal out of it.
(d) He thought there was nothing they could do.
14. Why does Jason make the final decision to attend the meeting?
(a) He feels responsible for protecting Nelson.
(b) He is afraid Kyle will be mad at him.
(c) He is tired of lying.
(d) He wants to support Nelson and Kyle.
15. Who wrote a derogatory word on Kyle's locker during the Christmas break?
(b) Jason and his friends.
(c) Jack Ransom.
(d) Debra and her friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Kyle find Jason depressed and alone in his home at the end of Chapter 20?
2. Why does Jason turn up the sound on his stereo in Chapter 13, causing his father to become angry?
3. How does Jason's father feel about this scholarship?
4. Why is Jason convinced that going to the first GSA meeting would be a mistake?
5. What change to Jason's future plans has taken place now that his father is gone?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)