|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What expensive item does Kyle want to improve his appearance for which he is hesitant to ask his parents?
(a) Acne skin treatments.
(b) Plastic surgery.
(c) Laser eye surgery.
(d) Contact lenses.
2. Why does Kyle go to see Nelson in Chapter 17?
(a) To work on homework together.
(b) To vent about Jason.
(c) Nelson has not been to school.
(d) To hide from his parents.
3. Why is Nelson in a hurry to have a sexual experience?
(a) He thinks love and sex are the same thing.
(b) He feels sex will make him more mature.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He wants to impress Kyle with his experience.
4. What illness does Nelson learn Jeremy has been diagnosed with in Chapter 18?
5. Who does Nelson hope to see at the Rainbow Youth party at Caitlin's house?
6. Where does Jason take the injured Nelson and Kyle after a fight in Chapter 19?
(a) To Nelson's house.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To his home.
(d) To Kyle's house.
7. Who does Kyle ask to attend a high school basketball game with him in Chapter 20?
(d) His father.
8. How long does Debra claim it has been since she and Jason last talked in Chapter 13?
(a) A month.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Three months.
9. What change to Jason's future plans has taken place now that his father is gone?
(a) He might not go away to college.
(b) He can no longer afford what his scholarship will not pay.
(c) He has to stay home to care for his mother.
(d) Nothing, he still plans to attend Tech.
10. What gift does Kyle give Nelson for Christmas?
(a) A book.
(b) A graphic tee.
(c) A new watch.
(d) A pair of boots.
11. What item does Debra return to Jason when they break up?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A ring.
(c) His class ring.
(d) A bracelet.
12. How old does Nelson tell Brick he is in Chapter 15?
13. Why is Jason convinced that going to the first GSA meeting would be a mistake?
(a) It will reveal to the world who is gay.
(b) He is still afraid of losing his scholarship.
(c) He does not believe it will help anything.
(d) Everyone is making fun of it and those invovled.
14. Why does Shea suggest Nelson has begun talking to an older man over the Internet?
(a) To make Kyle jealous.
(b) To meet new people.
(c) To make up for not having a father.
(d) To look for sexual experience.
15. What argument does Ms. MacTrough give for the approval of the GSA?
(a) That it will give students a safe place to work out their sexual confusion.
(b) That it will offer scholastic help for those in need.
(c) That it will promote tolerance.
(d) That it will offer counseling for students in trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jason go to Kyle's house in Chapter 14?
2. What excuse does Nelson give Kyle for not using protection during his encounter with Brick?
3. Who wrote a derogatory word on Kyle's locker during the Christmas break?
4. What does Jason teach Kyle to do in Chapter 14?
5. Who does Jason's mother initially believe might be responsible for Jason's sexuality?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)