|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to Jason's home in Chapter 22 to repair their relationship?
2. How old does Nelson tell Brick he is in Chapter 15?
3. What happens during basketball practice in Chapter 16 that makes Jason wonder if he has become a target of intolerance?
(a) Someone calls him a derogatory name.
(b) Someone steals his clothes from his locker.
(c) Someone fouls him during play.
(d) Someone purposely pushes him against the wall.
4. How does Kyle think his father will react to his participation in a fight?
(a) He will blame Nelson.
(b) He will blame his choice of sexuality.
(c) He will want to press charges.
(d) He will be angry with Jack.
5. How has Jason been treating Kyle since their trip to the movies?
(a) As though he does not know him.
(b) Like they are lovers.
(c) With indifference.
(d) The same as before.
6. How does Jason's mother react when Jason's father breaks his stereo?
(a) She cries.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She does nothing.
(d) She criticizes him and takes Jason out to dinner.
7. For the first time, with whom does Jason stop to talk in the hallway at school in Chapter 22?
8. What do Nelson and Kyle learn has happened to their club request to the school board?
(a) It is approved.
(b) It is approved, but only for the rest of the semester.
(c) It is approved with conditions.
(d) It is declined.
9. What is Jason doing when chaos begins to break out during the Christmas holiday in Chapter 16?
(a) Listening to music in his bedroom.
(b) Playing poker with his cousins.
(c) Watching a football game.
(d) Playing Old Maid with his sister.
10. How does Kyle tell Jason the fight began?
(a) Nelson yelled an insult at Jack.
(b) Nelson threw a bottle at Jack's truck.
(c) Jack just stopped for no reason.
(d) Nelson responded to taunts by Jack and his friends.
11. Why is Nelson in a hurry to have a sexual experience?
(a) He is bored.
(b) He thinks love and sex are the same thing.
(c) He feels sex will make him more mature.
(d) He wants to impress Kyle with his experience.
12. Why does Shea refuse to repair her friendship with Nelson in Chapter 21?
(a) She is moving away.
(b) She no longer respects him.
(c) Too much time has gone by.
(d) He is too self absorbed.
13. What change to Jason's future plans has taken place now that his father is gone?
(a) He has to stay home to care for his mother.
(b) He might not go away to college.
(c) He can no longer afford what his scholarship will not pay.
(d) Nothing, he still plans to attend Tech.
14. What do Jason's parents fight about in Chapter 16?
(b) His mother's continued resistance to buying beer.
(c) His mother's choice to go to an Al-Anon meeting.
15. What does Jason stop a freshman from doing to a flyer for the GSA in Chapter 22?
(a) Putting it up.
(b) Tearing it down.
(c) Defacing it.
(d) Covering it up.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jason make Jack Ransom leave Nelson and Kyle alone?
2. Who visits Jason's home during the Christmas holiday?
3. What gift does Kyle give Nelson for Christmas?
4. For what reason does Nelson reveal his mother has grounded him in Chapter 17?
5. How does Nelson's mother react to the fight Nelson and Kyle got into with Jack and Jose?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)