|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jason's mother initially believe might be responsible for Jason's sexuality?
(c) His father.
2. What change to Jason's future plans has taken place now that his father is gone?
(a) Nothing, he still plans to attend Tech.
(b) He has to stay home to care for his mother.
(c) He can no longer afford what his scholarship will not pay.
(d) He might not go away to college.
3. Why does Kyle go to see Nelson in Chapter 17?
(a) To hide from his parents.
(b) To vent about Jason.
(c) To work on homework together.
(d) Nelson has not been to school.
4. Where does Jason take the injured Nelson and Kyle after a fight in Chapter 19?
(a) To his home.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To Nelson's house.
(d) To Kyle's house.
5. What does Kyle tell Nelson happened to Shea in Chapter 21?
(a) She decided to go to Smith with Caitlin.
(b) She broke up with Caitlin.
(c) She decided not to go to college.
(d) She has a new girlfriend.
6. How has Jason been treating Kyle since their trip to the movies?
(a) As though he does not know him.
(b) Like they are lovers.
(c) With indifference.
(d) The same as before.
7. What excuse does Nelson give Kyle for not using protection during his encounter with Brick?
(a) He assumed Brick would take care of it.
(b) He was embarassed.
(c) He was afraid to ask.
(d) He forgot.
8. Why does Jason stop Kyle from sitting at the athletes table in the cafeteria in Chapter 16?
(a) To embarass Kyle.
(b) To end their relationship.
(c) To keep people from knowing about their relationship.
(d) To make Kyle leave him alone.
9. Who does Kyle ask to attend a high school basketball game with him in Chapter 20?
(a) His father.
10. What changes in Jason and Kyle's relationship in Chapter 20 after the fight between Nelson and Kyle and Jack and Jose?
(a) Jason distances himself from Kyle.
(b) Jason asks Kyle to be his boyfriend.
(c) Jason tells Kyle to leave him alone.
(d) Jason becomes more friendly toward Kyle.
11. Who wrote a derogatory word on Kyle's locker during the Christmas break?
(a) Debra and her friends.
(b) Jack Ransom.
(c) Jason and his friends.
12. Why is Nelson in a hurry to have a sexual experience?
(a) He wants to impress Kyle with his experience.
(b) He thinks love and sex are the same thing.
(c) He feels sex will make him more mature.
(d) He is bored.
13. Over what television show do Kyle and Jason briefly bond in Chapter 14?
(a) The Simpsons.
(b) Law and Order.
(d) Star Trek.
14. What beverage does Nelson drink while alone with an older man in Chapter 12?
(a) Rum and coke.
(d) Vodka and coke.
15. What reason does Kyle give his parents for not telling them sooner about the harassment he has suffered due to his sexuality?
(a) He thought they would think it was his fault.
(b) He thought they would not care.
(c) He thought there was nothing they could do.
(d) He thought they would make too big a deal out of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason stop a freshman from doing to a flyer for the GSA in Chapter 22?
2. What happens during basketball practice in Chapter 16 that makes Jason wonder if he has become a target of intolerance?
3. Who does Nelson hope to see at the Rainbow Youth party at Caitlin's house?
4. What does Jason teach Kyle to do in Chapter 14?
5. For what reason does Kyle find Jason depressed and alone in his home at the end of Chapter 20?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)