|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Kyle ask to attend a high school basketball game with him in Chapter 20?
(c) His father.
2. Who leaves a note in Jason's locker in Chapter 13?
3. Why does Jason turn up the sound on his stereo in Chapter 13, causing his father to become angry?
(a) It's just a habit.
(b) To shut out the memory of Debra's anger.
(c) To hear it better.
(d) His parents are fighting.
4. What reason does Kyle give for not reporting the harassing phone calls he has received to the school authorities?
(a) He is embarassed.
(b) He does not want to draw more attention to himself.
(c) They will not do anything.
(d) He can handle it.
5. How does Kyle think his father will react to his participation in a fight?
(a) He will blame his choice of sexuality.
(b) He will blame Nelson.
(c) He will be angry with Jack.
(d) He will want to press charges.
6. How long does Debra claim it has been since she and Jason last talked in Chapter 13?
(a) Two months.
(b) A month.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three weeks.
7. What illness does Nelson learn Jeremy has been diagnosed with in Chapter 18?
8. How does Jason's mother react when Jason's father breaks his stereo?
(a) She does nothing.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She criticizes him and takes Jason out to dinner.
(d) She cries.
9. What beverage does Nelson drink while alone with an older man in Chapter 12?
(a) Vodka and coke.
(d) Rum and coke.
10. How does Jason's father feel about this scholarship?
(a) He is proud.
(b) He thinks Jason could have done better.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He thinks Jason did as well as he could.
11. Why is Shea angry with Nelson when he calls her in chapter 18?
(a) He forgot her birthday.
(b) He missed her engagement party.
(c) He did not respond when she needed him.
(d) He did not buy her anything for Christmas.
12. Why does Shea suggest Nelson has begun talking to an older man over the Internet?
(a) To make up for not having a father.
(b) To look for sexual experience.
(c) To make Kyle jealous.
(d) To meet new people.
13. What happens in chapter 18 when Nelson tries to contact Brick?
(a) Brick asks him to come over again.
(b) The message is left unanswered.
(c) The message is blocked.
(d) Brick tells him to leave him alone.
14. Who comes to Jason's home in Chapter 22 to repair their relationship?
15. With whom does Nelson go out at the end of Chapter 21?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nelson's father tell him he needs to practice more in his life?
2. How does Jason make Jack Ransom leave Nelson and Kyle alone?
3. Why is Nelson in a hurry to have a sexual experience?
4. For what reason does Nelson reveal his mother has grounded him in Chapter 17?
5. What is Jason doing when chaos begins to break out during the Christmas holiday in Chapter 16?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)