|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what school does Jason receive a scholarship?
(a) Miami University.
2. Why is Nelson in a hurry to have a sexual experience?
(a) He thinks love and sex are the same thing.
(b) He wants to impress Kyle with his experience.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He feels sex will make him more mature.
3. Why is Shea angry with Nelson when he calls her in chapter 18?
(a) He forgot her birthday.
(b) He missed her engagement party.
(c) He did not respond when she needed him.
(d) He did not buy her anything for Christmas.
4. How has Jason been treating Kyle since their trip to the movies?
(a) Like they are lovers.
(b) As though he does not know him.
(c) The same as before.
(d) With indifference.
5. What excuse does Nelson give Kyle for not using protection during his encounter with Brick?
(a) He forgot.
(b) He assumed Brick would take care of it.
(c) He was afraid to ask.
(d) He was embarassed.
6. What does Brick serve Nelson to drink when they arrive at his apartment in Chapter 15?
7. What illness does Nelson learn Jeremy has been diagnosed with in Chapter 18?
8. What change to Jason's future plans has taken place now that his father is gone?
(a) He has to stay home to care for his mother.
(b) He might not go away to college.
(c) Nothing, he still plans to attend Tech.
(d) He can no longer afford what his scholarship will not pay.
9. For what reason does Nelson reveal his mother has grounded him in Chapter 17?
(a) For taking the car without permission.
(b) For smoking in the house.
(c) For drinking.
(d) For disappearing the night he met Brick.
10. What happens during basketball practice in Chapter 16 that makes Jason wonder if he has become a target of intolerance?
(a) Someone calls him a derogatory name.
(b) Someone purposely pushes him against the wall.
(c) Someone steals his clothes from his locker.
(d) Someone fouls him during play.
11. With whom does Nelson go out at the end of Chapter 21?
12. What expensive item does Kyle want to improve his appearance for which he is hesitant to ask his parents?
(a) Laser eye surgery.
(b) Contact lenses.
(c) Acne skin treatments.
(d) Plastic surgery.
13. How long does Debra claim it has been since she and Jason last talked in Chapter 13?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) Three months.
(d) A month.
14. What do Jason's parents fight about in Chapter 16?
(a) His mother's continued resistance to buying beer.
(d) His mother's choice to go to an Al-Anon meeting.
15. Who comes to Jason's home in Chapter 22 to repair their relationship?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nelson's mother react to the fight Nelson and Kyle got into with Jack and Jose?
2. What does Kyle's father suggest he might do after Kyle's fight with Jack and Jose?
3. What item does Debra return to Jason when they break up?
4. Who leaves a note in Jason's locker in Chapter 13?
5. How old does Nelson tell Brick he is in Chapter 15?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)