|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What argument does Ms. MacTrough give for the approval of the GSA?
(a) That it will offer scholastic help for those in need.
(b) That it will offer counseling for students in trouble.
(c) That it will promote tolerance.
(d) That it will give students a safe place to work out their sexual confusion.
2. What gift does Kyle give Nelson for Christmas?
(a) A graphic tee.
(b) A book.
(c) A new watch.
(d) A pair of boots.
3. What does Jason stop a freshman from doing to a flyer for the GSA in Chapter 22?
(a) Defacing it.
(b) Putting it up.
(c) Covering it up.
(d) Tearing it down.
4. What changes in Jason and Kyle's relationship in Chapter 20 after the fight between Nelson and Kyle and Jack and Jose?
(a) Jason distances himself from Kyle.
(b) Jason asks Kyle to be his boyfriend.
(c) Jason tells Kyle to leave him alone.
(d) Jason becomes more friendly toward Kyle.
5. How does Jason's mother react when Jason's father breaks his stereo?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She cries.
(c) She does nothing.
(d) She criticizes him and takes Jason out to dinner.
6. What is Jason doing when chaos begins to break out during the Christmas holiday in Chapter 16?
(a) Playing poker with his cousins.
(b) Watching a football game.
(c) Listening to music in his bedroom.
(d) Playing Old Maid with his sister.
7. Where does Jason take the injured Nelson and Kyle after a fight in Chapter 19?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To Kyle's house.
(c) To Nelson's house.
(d) To his home.
8. Who visits Jason's home during the Christmas holiday?
(a) His Uncle Ramiro and Aunt Ana.
(b) His mother's siblings.
(c) His older brother.
(d) His grandmother.
9. What expensive item does Kyle want to improve his appearance for which he is hesitant to ask his parents?
(a) Plastic surgery.
(b) Laser eye surgery.
(c) Acne skin treatments.
(d) Contact lenses.
10. For the first time, with whom does Jason stop to talk in the hallway at school in Chapter 22?
11. Who wrote a derogatory word on Kyle's locker during the Christmas break?
(a) Jack Ransom.
(b) Debra and her friends.
(c) Jason and his friends.
12. What causes the chaos in Jason's home during the Christmas break as described in Chapter 16?
(a) His father refuses to stay at home.
(b) His father and uncle fight due to alcohol consumption.
(c) His father is too drunk to go to church.
(d) His father and grandmother argue.
13. How does Jason make Jack Ransom leave Nelson and Kyle alone?
(a) He simply tells him to stop.
(b) He hits him.
(c) He threatens to call the police.
(d) He yells for help from nearby houses.
14. What happens in chapter 18 when Nelson tries to contact Brick?
(a) Brick asks him to come over again.
(b) The message is left unanswered.
(c) The message is blocked.
(d) Brick tells him to leave him alone.
15. What does Brick serve Nelson to drink when they arrive at his apartment in Chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Kyle find Jason depressed and alone in his home at the end of Chapter 20?
2. What change to Jason's future plans has taken place now that his father is gone?
3. What does Nelson's father tell him he needs to practice more in his life?
4. Who does Kyle ask to attend a high school basketball game with him in Chapter 20?
5. What do Jason's parents fight about in Chapter 16?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)