|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Kyle find Jason depressed and alone in his home at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) Jason's father has left the family.
(b) Jason's mother has asked him to move out.
(c) Jason is humiliated that everyone at school now knows he is gay.
(d) Jason is heartbroken that Debra no longer wants to be friends.
2. Who is Dane?
(a) Kyle's ex-best friend.
(b) Blake's ex-boyfriend.
(c) Brick's boyfriend.
(d) Shea's brother.
3. Why does Nelson have Shea take pictures of him in Chapter 15?
(a) To send to his father.
(b) To post on the Internet.
(c) To begin a modeling career.
(d) To give to Kyle.
4. What does Kyle's father suggest he might do after Kyle's fight with Jack and Jose?
(a) Stop accusing Kyle of choosing his sexuality.
(b) Join PFLAG.
(c) Read more about homosexuality.
(d) Go to a Rainbow Youth meeting.
5. What gift does Kyle give Nelson for Christmas?
(a) A pair of boots.
(b) A graphic tee.
(c) A book.
(d) A new watch.
6. With whom does Nelson leave the Rainbow Youth party in Chapter 12?
7. How old does Nelson tell Brick he is in Chapter 15?
8. Who does Kyle ask to attend a high school basketball game with him in Chapter 20?
(c) His father.
9. Why does Jason make the final decision to attend the meeting?
(a) He is afraid Kyle will be mad at him.
(b) He feels responsible for protecting Nelson.
(c) He wants to support Nelson and Kyle.
(d) He is tired of lying.
10. What change to Jason's future plans has taken place now that his father is gone?
(a) He might not go away to college.
(b) Nothing, he still plans to attend Tech.
(c) He can no longer afford what his scholarship will not pay.
(d) He has to stay home to care for his mother.
11. To whom does Brick reveal the apartment really belongs after his encounter with Nelson in Chapter 15?
(a) His boyfriend.
(b) His brother.
(c) His parents.
(d) His uncle.
12. How does Jason's father feel about this scholarship?
(a) He thinks Jason did as well as he could.
(b) He thinks Jason could have done better.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He is proud.
13. Why does Jason stop Kyle from sitting at the athletes table in the cafeteria in Chapter 16?
(a) To keep people from knowing about their relationship.
(b) To make Kyle leave him alone.
(c) To embarass Kyle.
(d) To end their relationship.
14. What happens during basketball practice in Chapter 16 that makes Jason wonder if he has become a target of intolerance?
(a) Someone fouls him during play.
(b) Someone calls him a derogatory name.
(c) Someone purposely pushes him against the wall.
(d) Someone steals his clothes from his locker.
15. What reason does Kyle give his parents for not telling them sooner about the harassment he has suffered due to his sexuality?
(a) He thought they would think it was his fault.
(b) He thought they would not care.
(c) He thought there was nothing they could do.
(d) He thought they would make too big a deal out of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what school does Jason receive a scholarship?
2. Who visits Jason's home during the Christmas holiday?
3. Who leaves a note in Jason's locker in Chapter 13?
4. For what reason does Nelson reveal his mother has grounded him in Chapter 17?
5. What item does Debra return to Jason when they break up?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)