|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kyle's mother find on the floor of Kyle's room in Chapter 8?
(a) The yearbook.
(b) A failing math test.
(c) Kyle's cellphone.
(d) A gay man's magazine.
2. What word does Kyle's mother use to describe Nelson?
3. What is Jason's mother reading in Chapter 10?
(a) A pamphlet for PFLAG.
(b) A novel.
(c) A self-help book.
(d) A pamphlet for Al-Anon.
4. What is the subject of the Rainbow Youth meeting the day Jason attends?
(a) What it means to be gay.
(b) How to meet singles.
(c) Coming out.
(d) Protecting against HIV.
5. Who does Kyle's father blame for Kyle's idea that he is gay?
(a) His mother.
(d) The school system.
6. Who is applying to colleges, as discussed in Chapter 6?
7. Why is Jason afraid that Kyle will go through with the tutoring session?
(a) He is afraid his father will misunderstand.
(b) He is afraid he will feel attracted to Kyle.
(c) He is afraid people will think they are dating.
(d) He is afraid Kyle will misunderstand.
8. What does Kyle reveal he was afraid his parents would do when they learned about his sexuality?
(a) They would disown him.
(b) They would physically harm him.
(c) That they would kick him out.
(d) They would stop loving him.
9. What does Kyle say is the cause of his sexuality?
(a) The media.
(b) His relationship with his mother.
(c) Sexual abuse by an aunt.
(d) He was born that way.
10. Where does Kyle have a picture of Jason he often looks at?
(a) A club photo from school.
(b) An old class photo.
(c) A candid shot from a school project.
(d) The school yearbook.
11. What does Kyle suddenly realize about Nelson at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) That he misses his father.
(b) That he has a crush on Jason.
(c) That he is lonely.
(d) That he has a crush on Kyle.
12. Where do Jason and Debra park after the dance in Chapter 7?
(a) In a deserted parking lot.
(b) The golf course.
(c) A deserted country road.
(d) Outside her house.
13. What does Kyle suggest is the only cause of bullying Nelson suffers at the high school?
(a) Nelson's flamboyance.
(d) Nelson's temper.
14. Why does Jason not want to talk about what happened between he and Kyle in the theater?
(a) He wants to pretend it did not happen.
(b) He does not want to lead Kyle on.
(c) He thinks there is nothing to talk about.
(d) He wants Kyle to bring it up.
15. Who is Ms. MacTrough?
(a) The English teacher at the high school.
(b) The guidance counselor at the high school.
(c) The math teacher at the high school.
(d) The art teacher at the high school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupies Kyle's thoughts at the beginning of Chapter 8?
2. What has Jason's mother recently begun to refuse to buy for Jason's father?
3. What law does Kyle cite when Mr. Mueller attempts to deny Kyle and Nelson the right to begin a new club at the school?
4. What kind of music does Kyle play for Jason during their tutoring session?
5. What is different about Kyle's appearance in Chapter 6?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)