|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item of clothing does Kyle constantly wear, no matter the circumstances or weather?
(a) A sweatshirt.
(b) A ball cap.
(c) A wristband.
(d) A pair of skater shoes.
2. Who is Caitlin?
(a) Kyle's cousin.
(b) Blake's girlfriend.
(c) Nelson's cousin.
(d) Shea's girlfriend.
3. What item does Jason wear in Chapter 4 that his father tells him to take off?
(a) A pink t-shirt.
(b) A single, dangling earring.
(c) A chrome bead necklace.
(d) A pair of diamond earrings.
4. What happens when Nelson's mother complains to the principal about the bullying Nelson experiences with Jack Ransom?
(a) The principal says that Nelson should go to a different school.
(b) The principal says that Nelson needs to control his temper.
(c) The principal says that Nelson brings it on himself.
(d) The principal says that Nelson should stop dressing oddly.
5. Who is Fenner Farley?
(a) The school principal.
(b) A religious student at the high school.
(c) A teacher at the school.
(d) Nelson's father.
6. Who does Nelson suggest Kyle take to this upcoming social event that is discussed in Chapter 6?
7. What does the principal ask Nelson to do about his behavior?
(a) Become more social.
(b) Stop bullying people.
(c) Act normal.
(d) Stop instigating fights.
8. Who wakes Kyle the next morning, in Chapter 8?
(a) His mother.
(d) His father.
9. What does Kyle give Nelson in Chapter 3?
(a) A new phone.
(b) His umbrella.
(c) A new earring.
(d) His sweatshirt.
10. What law does Kyle cite when Mr. Mueller attempts to deny Kyle and Nelson the right to begin a new club at the school?
(a) The First Amendment of the Constitution.
(b) The Federal Equal Access Act.
(c) The Bill of Rights.
(d) The Equal Rights Amendment.
11. Why does Jason not want to talk about what happened between he and Kyle in the theater?
(a) He thinks there is nothing to talk about.
(b) He wants Kyle to bring it up.
(c) He does not want to lead Kyle on.
(d) He wants to pretend it did not happen.
12. When doers Kyle first realize he is different from other boys his age?
(a) When he is very young.
(b) When he first sees Jason.
(c) When he meets Nelson.
(d) When his father first takes him to see a sports game.
13. What college is thought to have a great lesbian community, as discussed in Chapter 6?
14. For what reason does Jason consider breaking up with Debra in Chapter 7?
(a) He is embarassed by the way she talks about gays.
(b) He dislikes the way she talks about their sex life.
(c) He is still confused about his sexuality.
(d) He no longer likes her.
15. What is the point of view of the novel?
(a) First person.
(b) Second person.
(c) First person omniscient.
(d) Third person limited.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kyle suggest is the only cause of bullying Nelson suffers at the high school?
2. What kind of music does Kyle play for Jason during their tutoring session?
3. What is the nature of the hotline Jason calls over the summer?
4. What are Jason's parents fighting about when Jason comes home in Chapter 10?
5. What has Jason's mother recently begun to refuse to buy for Jason's father?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)