|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of friends does Kyle's father wish Kyle had?
(c) Popular kids.
2. What does Kyle reveal to his father that he has always disliked in Chapter 11?
(a) Going to grandma's.
(c) Family vacations.
3. What makes Jason think he might be gay, or possibly bisexual?
(a) An attraction to Nelson.
(b) Thoughts of Kyle.
(c) Fear of intimacy with his girlfriend.
(d) Dreams about naked men.
4. What item does Jason wear in Chapter 4 that his father tells him to take off?
(a) A chrome bead necklace.
(b) A pair of diamond earrings.
(c) A single, dangling earring.
(d) A pink t-shirt.
5. What does Kyle reveal he was afraid his parents would do when they learned about his sexuality?
(a) They would physically harm him.
(b) They would disown him.
(c) That they would kick him out.
(d) They would stop loving him.
6. Why does Kyle choose to join the swim team?
(a) He thinks it will help his social life.
(b) He is not good at any other sport.
(c) To make his mother happy.
(d) He wants to impress Jason.
7. Why is Kyle unsure about keeping the magazine at his house?
(a) He might lose it.
(b) He is afraid his father might find it.
(c) He does not feel comfortable looking at it.
(d) His mother might see it.
8. What is a brownstone?
(a) Slang for gravel.
(b) A geological artifact.
(c) A type of building.
(d) A type of precious stone.
9. What is Nelson searching for as his mother rushes him to get to school in Chapter 6?
(a) His favorite shirt.
(b) His camera.
(c) His cellphone.
(d) His books.
10. What kind of music does Kyle play for Jason during their tutoring session?
(a) Bands featuring all gay members.
(b) Rap music.
(c) Punk music.
(d) Bands featuring local high school students.
11. To what does Kyle compare kissing Nelson?
(a) To kissing his mother.
(b) To kissing his sister.
(c) To kissing his brother.
(d) To kissing his grandmother.
12. What does Kyle suggest is the only cause of bullying Nelson suffers at the high school?
(b) Nelson's flamboyance.
(c) Nelson's temper.
13. What college is thought to have a great lesbian community, as discussed in Chapter 6?
14. Where does Jason hear about Rainbow Youth?
(a) In the local newspaper.
(b) From a friend.
(c) In the school paper.
(d) On the Internet.
15. What does Nelson think Kyle should do at school in Chapter 8?
(a) Ask Jason out to the movies.
(b) Skip his classes.
(c) Ask a girl to the movies.
(d) Paint a picture of Jason.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Fenner Farley?
2. For what reason does Jason consider breaking up with Debra in Chapter 7?
3. What kind of organization does Debra say Nelson wants to start at the high school?
4. What does Jason spend most of the movie, in Chapter 4, thinking about?
5. What does the principal ask Nelson to do about his behavior?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)