|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nelson suggest Kyle take to this upcoming social event that is discussed in Chapter 6?
2. Who interrupts Kyle's conversation at school with Jason the Monday after the Rainbow Youth meeting?
3. What question does Kyle fail to answer in the parking lot after school when he and Nelson are approached by a small group of people?
(a) Whether he is gay.
(b) Whether he wants to join the GSA.
(c) Whether he is a member of the Rainbow Youth.
(d) Whether he is Nelson's friend.
4. Why is Kyle unsure about keeping the magazine at his house?
(a) He is afraid his father might find it.
(b) He does not feel comfortable looking at it.
(c) He might lose it.
(d) His mother might see it.
5. Who brings up the subject of girlfriends at Kyle's family Thanksgiving celebration?
(a) His uncle.
(b) A cousin.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His grandmother.
6. Where does Kyle go for some privacy in Chapter 8?
(a) The library.
(b) The family car.
(d) A park across from Jason's house.
7. What drawing does Jason's sister show to him in Chapter 4?
(a) A drawing of the family, minus their father.
(b) A drawing of him.
(c) A drawing of Debra.
(d) A drawing of the family cat.
8. Who offers Kyle some congratulations for telling his parents about his sexuality?
(a) Nelson's mother.
9. What does Kyle give Nelson in Chapter 3?
(a) A new earring.
(b) His umbrella.
(c) A new phone.
(d) His sweatshirt.
10. What college is thought to have a great lesbian community, as discussed in Chapter 6?
11. What kind of music does Kyle play for Jason during their tutoring session?
(a) Rap music.
(b) Bands featuring local high school students.
(c) Punk music.
(d) Bands featuring all gay members.
12. How many narrators are there in this novel?
13. What overwhelming emotion does Kyle's mother admit to feeling in the aftermath of learning about his sexuality?
14. What does Kyle tell Nelson about Jason in Chapter 6?
(a) That Jason broke up with Debra.
(b) That he gave him a ride home.
(c) That he kissed him.
(d) That he no longer likes him.
15. Who does Corey say he heard was running for queen of the dance in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kyle's father blame for Kyle's idea that he is gay?
2. What type of homework does Kyle's father help him complete in Chapter 5?
3. From what book did Nelson get the name for his dog, Atticus?
4. What does Kyle's father show him when he gets home in Chapter 2?
5. Where does Kyle have a picture of Jason he often looks at?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)