|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nelson discover Kyle wrote over and over again on a piece of paper during the Rainbow Youth meeting in Chapter 9?
(a) Jason's name.
(b) Nelson's name.
(c) His own name.
(d) Shea's name.
2. What does Kyle's father show him when he gets home in Chapter 2?
(a) Tickets to an amusement park.
(b) Tickets to the circus.
(c) Tickets to the Redskins game the Sunday after Thanksgiving.
(d) Tickets to Cats.
3. What does Kyle say makes him feel like an alien?
(a) His thinning hair.
(b) His friendship with Nelson.
(c) His braces.
(d) His acne.
4. What upcoming social event do Nelson and Kyle talk about in Chapter 6?
(a) Spring break.
(d) A Sadie Hawk dance.
5. Who is Ms. MacTrough?
(a) The guidance counselor at the high school.
(b) The math teacher at the high school.
(c) The English teacher at the high school.
(d) The art teacher at the high school.
6. What does Debra talk about during the dance that makes Jason unhappy?
(a) Her sex life and her plans for the future.
(b) Nelson and Kyle.
(c) Nelson and her sex life with Jason.
(d) Jason's sexual confusion and their plans for the future.
7. Who brings up the subject of girlfriends at Kyle's family Thanksgiving celebration?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) A cousin.
(d) His aunt.
8. Why does Jason let go of Kyle's hand in the movie theater in Chapter 10?
(a) Kyle pulls away.
(b) Debra comes into the theater with friends.
(c) Corey's warning frightens him.
(d) A man walks toward them and might see.
9. What happens when Nelson's mother complains to the principal about the bullying Nelson experiences with Jack Ransom?
(a) The principal says that Nelson should stop dressing oddly.
(b) The principal says that Nelson brings it on himself.
(c) The principal says that Nelson should go to a different school.
(d) The principal says that Nelson needs to control his temper.
10. Who interrupts Kyle's conversation at school with Jason the Monday after the Rainbow Youth meeting?
11. Who does Kyle's father blame for Kyle's idea that he is gay?
(b) The school system.
(c) His mother.
12. What does Kyle give Nelson in Chapter 3?
(a) His sweatshirt.
(b) His umbrella.
(c) A new phone.
(d) A new earring.
13. Why does Kyle not tell his mother what is on his mind in the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) She does not know he is gay.
(b) He does not want to disappoint her.
(c) He is afraid how she might respond.
(d) He wants to see how it progresses first.
14. Where does Kyle go for some privacy in Chapter 8?
(a) A park across from Jason's house.
(b) The family car.
(c) The library.
15. What law does Kyle cite when Mr. Mueller attempts to deny Kyle and Nelson the right to begin a new club at the school?
(a) The Federal Equal Access Act.
(b) The Equal Rights Amendment.
(c) The Bill of Rights.
(d) The First Amendment of the Constitution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wakes Kyle the next morning, in Chapter 8?
2. What does Kyle reveal to his father that he has always disliked in Chapter 11?
3. When doers Kyle first realize he is different from other boys his age?
4. What item of clothing does Kyle constantly wear, no matter the circumstances or weather?
5. What does Kyle suddenly realize about Nelson at the end of Chapter 11?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)