|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of music does Kyle play for Jason during their tutoring session?
(a) Rap music.
(b) Bands featuring local high school students.
(c) Bands featuring all gay members.
(d) Punk music.
2. What does Kyle knock over while trying to help Jason that draws attention to them?
(c) A podium.
3. Why does Nelson go to Shea's at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) To talk about college applications.
(b) To complain about Jason.
(c) To get a haircut.
(d) To see her new dog.
4. Who is Debra?
(a) Jason's cousin.
(b) Jason's mother.
(c) Jason's girlfriend.
(d) Jason's sister.
5. Why does Jason let go of Kyle's hand in the movie theater in Chapter 10?
(a) A man walks toward them and might see.
(b) Debra comes into the theater with friends.
(c) Corey's warning frightens him.
(d) Kyle pulls away.
6. Why does Kyle wish Nelson would not hang around him at lunch the Monday after the Rainbow Youth meeting?
(a) He is embarrassed by Nelson's appearance.
(b) So no one will figure out he is gay.
(c) So Jason will feel free to talk to him.
(d) He no longer wishes to be friends with Nelson.
7. What did Jason think would happen if someone saw him holding hands with Kyle in the movie theater?
(a) He would be arrested.
(b) Everyone would learn he is gay.
(c) He would be humiliated.
(d) His father would find out and kill him.
8. When doers Kyle first realize he is different from other boys his age?
(a) When his father first takes him to see a sports game.
(b) When he is very young.
(c) When he meets Nelson.
(d) When he first sees Jason.
9. What does Kyle suggest is the only cause of bullying Nelson suffers at the high school?
(b) Nelson's temper.
(c) Nelson's flamboyance.
10. What is Jason's mother reading in Chapter 10?
(a) A pamphlet for Al-Anon.
(b) A self-help book.
(c) A novel.
(d) A pamphlet for PFLAG.
11. Who is applying to colleges, as discussed in Chapter 6?
12. How long have Debra and Jason been dating as mentioned by Debra in Chapter 7?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three months.
(d) A year.
13. What does Jason spend most of the movie, in Chapter 4, thinking about?
(a) His unhappiness in his relationship with Debra.
(b) His father.
(c) His friends' comments about gays.
(d) His attraction to one of the actors.
14. What is a brownstone?
(a) A geological artifact.
(b) Slang for gravel.
(c) A type of building.
(d) A type of precious stone.
15. Why does Kyle choose to join the swim team?
(a) He is not good at any other sport.
(b) To make his mother happy.
(c) He wants to impress Jason.
(d) He thinks it will help his social life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nelson give to Kyle at school in Chapter 2?
2. What is the nature of the hotline Jason calls over the summer?
3. What word does Kyle's mother use to describe Nelson?
4. What kind of organization does Debra say Nelson wants to start at the high school?
5. What does Kyle say is the cause of his sexuality?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)