|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname do the kids at school have for Nelson?
2. For what reason does Jason consider breaking up with Debra in Chapter 7?
(a) He no longer likes her.
(b) He dislikes the way she talks about their sex life.
(c) He is still confused about his sexuality.
(d) He is embarassed by the way she talks about gays.
3. What does Nelson think Jason is most frightened of?
(a) Kyle refusing to help him bring his math grade up.
(b) Jack Ransom bullying him.
(c) The coach learning he is gay.
(d) Debra learning he is gay.
4. What kind of music does Kyle play for Jason during their tutoring session?
(a) Punk music.
(b) Bands featuring local high school students.
(c) Bands featuring all gay members.
(d) Rap music.
5. What color dress does Debra wear to the dance in Chapter 7?
6. What is the subject of the Rainbow Youth meeting the day Jason attends?
(a) How to meet singles.
(b) Protecting against HIV.
(c) What it means to be gay.
(d) Coming out.
7. What does Nelson give to Jason before he leaves the meeting?
(a) A flyer for a party.
(b) Kyle's phone number.
(c) His phone number.
(d) A button with a gay slogan.
8. With whom do Jason and Debra attend the dance in Chapter 7?
(a) Corey and Cindy.
(b) Nelson and Kyle.
(c) Shea and Caitlin.
(d) Jack and Lisa.
9. What happens when Nelson's mother complains to the principal about the bullying Nelson experiences with Jack Ransom?
(a) The principal says that Nelson brings it on himself.
(b) The principal says that Nelson needs to control his temper.
(c) The principal says that Nelson should stop dressing oddly.
(d) The principal says that Nelson should go to a different school.
10. How many times does Jason walk around the block before finally entering the Rainbow Youth meeting?
11. Where do Kyle and Jason study?
(a) Kyle's house.
(b) Jason's house.
(c) The local diner.
(d) The library.
12. Who does Nelson turn to when he is angry with Kyle in Chapter 6?
(c) His mother.
13. What question does Kyle fail to answer in the parking lot after school when he and Nelson are approached by a small group of people?
(a) Whether he is gay.
(b) Whether he is Nelson's friend.
(c) Whether he is a member of the Rainbow Youth.
(d) Whether he wants to join the GSA.
14. What overwhelming emotion does Kyle's mother admit to feeling in the aftermath of learning about his sexuality?
15. What does Jason spend most of the movie, in Chapter 4, thinking about?
(a) His attraction to one of the actors.
(b) His father.
(c) His friends' comments about gays.
(d) His unhappiness in his relationship with Debra.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of organization does Debra say Nelson wants to start at the high school?
2. Where does Kyle go for some privacy in Chapter 8?
3. What makes Jason think he might be gay, or possibly bisexual?
4. Why does Jason want to have intimate relations with his girlfriend?
5. What is the point of view of the novel?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)