|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Jason the item he is wearing in Chapter 4 of which his father disapproves?
(d) His mother.
2. What does Kyle give Nelson in Chapter 3?
(a) A new earring.
(b) A new phone.
(c) His umbrella.
(d) His sweatshirt.
3. Who does Nelson turn to when he is angry with Kyle in Chapter 6?
(c) His mother.
4. What is the nature of the hotline Jason calls over the summer?
(a) A hotline to help teens who are suicidal.
(b) A hotline to help teens deal with issues concerning their sexuality.
(c) A hotline to help teens whose parents are alcholics.
(d) A hotline to help teens with financial problems.
5. What does Kyle reveal he was afraid his parents would do when they learned about his sexuality?
(a) They would stop loving him.
(b) They would disown him.
(c) They would physically harm him.
(d) That they would kick him out.
6. What kind of organization does Debra say Nelson wants to start at the high school?
(a) A Gay dating group.
(b) A Rainbow Youth club.
(c) A Gay-Straight Alliance.
(d) A teen court group.
7. What is one of the nicknames students have for Ms. MacTrough?
(a) Small Mac.
(c) Mac Nation.
(d) Big Mac.
8. Why is Kyle unsure about keeping the magazine at his house?
(a) He does not feel comfortable looking at it.
(b) He might lose it.
(c) His mother might see it.
(d) He is afraid his father might find it.
9. Who is Caitlin?
(a) Blake's girlfriend.
(b) Nelson's cousin.
(c) Shea's girlfriend.
(d) Kyle's cousin.
10. From whom does Nelson crave attention as he states in Chapter 3?
(a) His mother.
(d) His father.
11. What magazine do Nelson and Kyle study in Chapter 6?
(a) Sports Illustrated.
(b) Honcho, a gay man's magazine.
(d) Ladies' Home Journal.
12. What type of homework does Kyle's father help him complete in Chapter 5?
13. What drawing does Jason's sister show to him in Chapter 4?
(a) A drawing of the family, minus their father.
(b) A drawing of the family cat.
(c) A drawing of Debra.
(d) A drawing of him.
14. What does Nelson think Kyle smells of most of the time?
(a) Chlorine from the pool.
15. What is different about Kyle's appearance in Chapter 6?
(a) He has new glasses.
(b) He has new clothes.
(c) He has new shoes.
(d) His braces are off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nelson discover Kyle wrote over and over again on a piece of paper during the Rainbow Youth meeting in Chapter 9?
2. For what reason does Jason consider breaking up with Debra in Chapter 7?
3. What law does Kyle cite when Mr. Mueller attempts to deny Kyle and Nelson the right to begin a new club at the school?
4. What bothers Jason about his intimate relationship with Debra, as he expresses in Chapter 4?
5. What kind of music does Kyle play for Jason during their tutoring session?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)