|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jason not want to end his relationship with Debra despite his feelings he might be gay?
(a) He is afraid of what his father will think.
(b) He is afraid of what people will say.
(c) He likes her too much.
(d) He does not want to hurt her.
2. What is Jason's mother reading in Chapter 10?
(a) A self-help book.
(b) A novel.
(c) A pamphlet for PFLAG.
(d) A pamphlet for Al-Anon.
3. What item does Jason wear in Chapter 4 that his father tells him to take off?
(a) A pair of diamond earrings.
(b) A chrome bead necklace.
(c) A pink t-shirt.
(d) A single, dangling earring.
4. What does Nelson discover Kyle wrote over and over again on a piece of paper during the Rainbow Youth meeting in Chapter 9?
(a) Nelson's name.
(b) Shea's name.
(c) His own name.
(d) Jason's name.
5. What is one of the nicknames students have for Ms. MacTrough?
(a) Small Mac.
(b) Big Mac.
(c) Mac Nation.
6. Why is Jason afraid that Kyle will go through with the tutoring session?
(a) He is afraid he will feel attracted to Kyle.
(b) He is afraid Kyle will misunderstand.
(c) He is afraid his father will misunderstand.
(d) He is afraid people will think they are dating.
7. Who is Fenner Farley?
(a) Nelson's father.
(b) A religious student at the high school.
(c) A teacher at the school.
(d) The school principal.
8. What does Kyle suggest is the only cause of bullying Nelson suffers at the high school?
(a) Nelson's temper.
(d) Nelson's flamboyance.
9. Why do Nelson and Kyle go to see Ms. MacTrough in Chapter 5?
(a) To discuss their grades.
(b) To ask her to be the faculty advisor for the GSA.
(c) To prepare for placement tests.
(d) To discuss their college applications.
10. What upcoming social event do Nelson and Kyle talk about in Chapter 6?
(a) A Sadie Hawk dance.
(d) Spring break.
11. What does Kyle's mother say he will never have because he is gay?
(b) True love.
12. Who is Caitlin?
(a) Nelson's cousin.
(b) Kyle's cousin.
(c) Shea's girlfriend.
(d) Blake's girlfriend.
13. What does Kyle say makes him feel like an alien?
(a) His friendship with Nelson.
(b) His braces.
(c) His acne.
(d) His thinning hair.
14. What color does Nelson dye his hair?
15. Who interrupts Kyle's conversation at school with Jason the Monday after the Rainbow Youth meeting?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Jason fear failing his math class?
2. What does Nelson think Kyle smells of most of the time?
3. Who does Kyle's father blame for Kyle's idea that he is gay?
4. What role does Nelson's mother play in the local PFLAG organization?
5. With whom does Nelson's mother suggest Nelson is in love in Chapter 6?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)