|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Caitlin?
(a) Shea's girlfriend.
(b) Kyle's cousin.
(c) Blake's girlfriend.
(d) Nelson's cousin.
2. Why does Kyle wish Nelson would not hang around him at lunch the Monday after the Rainbow Youth meeting?
(a) He no longer wishes to be friends with Nelson.
(b) He is embarrassed by Nelson's appearance.
(c) So Jason will feel free to talk to him.
(d) So no one will figure out he is gay.
3. Why do Nelson and Kyle go to see Ms. MacTrough in Chapter 5?
(a) To ask her to be the faculty advisor for the GSA.
(b) To discuss their grades.
(c) To prepare for placement tests.
(d) To discuss their college applications.
4. With whom do Jason and Debra attend the dance in Chapter 7?
(a) Shea and Caitlin.
(b) Corey and Cindy.
(c) Jack and Lisa.
(d) Nelson and Kyle.
5. What magazine do Nelson and Kyle study in Chapter 6?
(a) Honcho, a gay man's magazine.
(b) Sports Illustrated.
(c) Ladies' Home Journal.
6. What occupies Kyle's thoughts at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Nelson and their GSA group.
(b) Fear of telling Nelson about his tutoring session with Jason.
(c) Jason and their tutoring session.
(d) Fear of failing his English exam.
7. What does Kyle suggest is the only cause of bullying Nelson suffers at the high school?
(a) Nelson's temper.
(d) Nelson's flamboyance.
8. What new hairstyle does Nelson get in Chapter 6?
(a) A purple dye.
(b) A mohawk.
(c) A buzz cut.
(d) A perm.
9. What does Nelson give to Jason before he leaves the meeting?
(a) A flyer for a party.
(b) A button with a gay slogan.
(c) His phone number.
(d) Kyle's phone number.
10. Why does Jason let go of Kyle's hand in the movie theater in Chapter 10?
(a) Debra comes into the theater with friends.
(b) Corey's warning frightens him.
(c) A man walks toward them and might see.
(d) Kyle pulls away.
11. What role does Nelson's mother play in the local PFLAG organization?
(d) Vice President.
12. Where does Kyle have a picture of Jason he often looks at?
(a) A club photo from school.
(b) The school yearbook.
(c) An old class photo.
(d) A candid shot from a school project.
13. Who wakes Kyle the next morning, in Chapter 8?
(a) His father.
(c) His mother.
14. What kind of organization does Debra say Nelson wants to start at the high school?
(a) A Gay-Straight Alliance.
(b) A Gay dating group.
(c) A teen court group.
(d) A Rainbow Youth club.
15. What happens when Nelson's mother complains to the principal about the bullying Nelson experiences with Jack Ransom?
(a) The principal says that Nelson should go to a different school.
(b) The principal says that Nelson should stop dressing oddly.
(c) The principal says that Nelson needs to control his temper.
(d) The principal says that Nelson brings it on himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kyle's mother find on the floor of Kyle's room in Chapter 8?
2. What does Kyle's mother say he will never have because he is gay?
3. Who is Ms. MacTrough?
4. Why does Jason think his friends would not be supportive if he came out as gay to them?
5. When doers Kyle first realize he is different from other boys his age?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)