|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Jason fear failing his math class?
(a) He will not graduate.
(b) He will not be accepted to Harvard.
(c) He will lose his chance at a basketball scholarship.
(d) His father will be disappointed.
2. To what does Kyle compare kissing Nelson?
(a) To kissing his sister.
(b) To kissing his brother.
(c) To kissing his grandmother.
(d) To kissing his mother.
3. Who offers Kyle some congratulations for telling his parents about his sexuality?
(c) Nelson's mother.
4. Who is Ms. MacTrough?
(a) The English teacher at the high school.
(b) The math teacher at the high school.
(c) The guidance counselor at the high school.
(d) The art teacher at the high school.
5. In what subject does Kyle offer to tutor Jason in Chapter 5?
6. When doers Kyle first realize he is different from other boys his age?
(a) When he meets Nelson.
(b) When his father first takes him to see a sports game.
(c) When he is very young.
(d) When he first sees Jason.
7. Who does Kyle's father blame for Kyle's idea that he is gay?
(a) The school system.
(b) His mother.
8. Why does Nelson get angry with Kyle in Chapter 3?
(a) For thinking he might have told about Jason and the Rainbow Youth meeting.
(b) For making him walk alone in the rain.
(c) For not standing up against Jack for him.
(d) For not admiring his hair.
9. What does Kyle's mother say he will never have because he is gay?
(a) True love.
10. What is the subject of the Rainbow Youth meeting the day Jason attends?
(a) How to meet singles.
(b) Coming out.
(c) Protecting against HIV.
(d) What it means to be gay.
11. What does Kyle suddenly realize about Nelson at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) That he misses his father.
(b) That he has a crush on Kyle.
(c) That he is lonely.
(d) That he has a crush on Jason.
12. What magazine do Nelson and Kyle study in Chapter 6?
(a) Honcho, a gay man's magazine.
(b) Ladies' Home Journal.
(d) Sports Illustrated.
13. What question does Kyle fail to answer in the parking lot after school when he and Nelson are approached by a small group of people?
(a) Whether he is Nelson's friend.
(b) Whether he wants to join the GSA.
(c) Whether he is a member of the Rainbow Youth.
(d) Whether he is gay.
14. What is different about Kyle's appearance in Chapter 6?
(a) He has new shoes.
(b) His braces are off.
(c) He has new clothes.
(d) He has new glasses.
15. What does Kyle's mother find on the floor of Kyle's room in Chapter 8?
(a) Kyle's cellphone.
(b) A failing math test.
(c) A gay man's magazine.
(d) The yearbook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the kids at school dislike Nelson?
2. What does Jason spend most of the movie, in Chapter 4, thinking about?
3. What is one of the nicknames students have for Ms. MacTrough?
4. Who brings up the subject of girlfriends at Kyle's family Thanksgiving celebration?
5. Why does Kyle not tell his mother what is on his mind in the beginning of Chapter 8?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)