|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname do the kids at school have for Nelson?
2. Why do the kids at school dislike Nelson?
(a) He is a loner.
(b) He is openly gay and flamboyant in his personality.
(c) He is unattractive.
(d) He is a bully.
3. What if PFLAG?
(a) An organization for gays and lesbians.
(b) An organization for parents of gays and lesbians.
(c) An organization for student athletes.
(d) An organization for parents of athletes.
4. What does Kyle's father show him when he gets home in Chapter 2?
(a) Tickets to the circus.
(b) Tickets to the Redskins game the Sunday after Thanksgiving.
(c) Tickets to Cats.
(d) Tickets to an amusement park.
5. Why do Nelson and Kyle go to see Ms. MacTrough in Chapter 5?
(a) To prepare for placement tests.
(b) To ask her to be the faculty advisor for the GSA.
(c) To discuss their college applications.
(d) To discuss their grades.
6. Who claims to be bisexual during the Rainbow Youth meeting?
7. What special treat does Kyle do for his parents after school in Chapter 8?
(a) Gives the family pet a bath.
(b) Washes the family car.
(c) Makes dinner.
(d) Cleans the whole house.
8. What does Kyle reveal to his father that he has always disliked in Chapter 11?
(a) Family vacations.
(c) Going to grandma's.
9. What upcoming social event do Nelson and Kyle talk about in Chapter 6?
(a) A Sadie Hawk dance.
(d) Spring break.
10. What kind of organization does Debra say Nelson wants to start at the high school?
(a) A teen court group.
(b) A Rainbow Youth club.
(c) A Gay-Straight Alliance.
(d) A Gay dating group.
11. What new hairstyle does Nelson get in Chapter 6?
(a) A mohawk.
(b) A perm.
(c) A purple dye.
(d) A buzz cut.
12. To what is Fenner Farley opposed in Chapter 11?
(a) The GSA.
(b) Nelson in general.
(d) Bullying in schools.
13. What is the nature of the hotline Jason calls over the summer?
(a) A hotline to help teens with financial problems.
(b) A hotline to help teens who are suicidal.
(c) A hotline to help teens whose parents are alcholics.
(d) A hotline to help teens deal with issues concerning their sexuality.
14. What color does Nelson dye his hair?
15. Where do Kyle and Jason study?
(a) Kyle's house.
(b) Jason's house.
(c) The library.
(d) The local diner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kyle say makes him feel like an alien?
2. What does the principal ask Nelson to do about his behavior?
3. What does Kyle tell Nelson about Jason in Chapter 6?
4. Who gives Jason the item he is wearing in Chapter 4 of which his father disapproves?
5. What does Nelson think Kyle smells of most of the time?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)