|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nelson get angry with Kyle in Chapter 3?
(a) For not admiring his hair.
(b) For not standing up against Jack for him.
(c) For making him walk alone in the rain.
(d) For thinking he might have told about Jason and the Rainbow Youth meeting.
2. Who wakes Kyle the next morning, in Chapter 8?
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
3. Why does Jason feel he cannot talk about his confusion about his sexuality with his father?
(a) He is afraid his father would kill him.
(b) He does not want to burden his father with his problems.
(c) His father is an absentee dad.
(d) His father would think differently about him.
4. Who is applying to colleges, as discussed in Chapter 6?
5. Who gives Jason the item he is wearing in Chapter 4 of which his father disapproves?
(d) His mother.
6. How does Debra appear to feel about the group Nelson wants to start at the high school?
(a) She opposes it.
(b) She does not care one way or the other.
(c) She finds it outrageous based on religious beliefs.
7. What is a brownstone?
(a) A type of precious stone.
(b) A geological artifact.
(c) Slang for gravel.
(d) A type of building.
8. From what book did Nelson get the name for his dog, Atticus?
(a) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(c) Of Mice and Men.
(d) Moby Dick.
9. What does Nelson think Jason is most frightened of?
(a) Kyle refusing to help him bring his math grade up.
(b) The coach learning he is gay.
(c) Debra learning he is gay.
(d) Jack Ransom bullying him.
10. Why does Kyle wish Nelson would not hang around him at lunch the Monday after the Rainbow Youth meeting?
(a) So no one will figure out he is gay.
(b) So Jason will feel free to talk to him.
(c) He is embarrassed by Nelson's appearance.
(d) He no longer wishes to be friends with Nelson.
11. With whom does Nelson's mother suggest Nelson is in love in Chapter 6?
12. Who offers Kyle some congratulations for telling his parents about his sexuality?
(d) Nelson's mother.
13. What college is thought to have a great lesbian community, as discussed in Chapter 6?
14. What does Kyle knock over while trying to help Jason that draws attention to them?
(c) A podium.
15. Where does Jason hear about Rainbow Youth?
(a) From a friend.
(b) In the school paper.
(c) In the local newspaper.
(d) On the Internet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kyle say makes him feel like an alien?
2. Who meets Nelson and Kyle in the parking lot after school in Chapter 5?
3. What does Nelson think Kyle smells of most of the time?
4. What does Kyle tell Nelson about Jason in Chapter 6?
5. What question does Kyle fail to answer in the parking lot after school when he and Nelson are approached by a small group of people?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)