|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the kids at school dislike Nelson?
(a) He is a bully.
(b) He is openly gay and flamboyant in his personality.
(c) He is unattractive.
(d) He is a loner.
2. What happens when Nelson's mother complains to the principal about the bullying Nelson experiences with Jack Ransom?
(a) The principal says that Nelson brings it on himself.
(b) The principal says that Nelson needs to control his temper.
(c) The principal says that Nelson should go to a different school.
(d) The principal says that Nelson should stop dressing oddly.
3. Who is Caitlin?
(a) Shea's girlfriend.
(b) Nelson's cousin.
(c) Blake's girlfriend.
(d) Kyle's cousin.
4. Who is Debra?
(a) Jason's cousin.
(b) Jason's mother.
(c) Jason's sister.
(d) Jason's girlfriend.
5. Who offers Kyle some congratulations for telling his parents about his sexuality?
(c) Nelson's mother.
6. What kind of music does Kyle play for Jason during their tutoring session?
(a) Bands featuring local high school students.
(b) Rap music.
(c) Bands featuring all gay members.
(d) Punk music.
7. To what does Kyle compare kissing Nelson?
(a) To kissing his mother.
(b) To kissing his grandmother.
(c) To kissing his sister.
(d) To kissing his brother.
8. What color dress does Debra wear to the dance in Chapter 7?
9. What is the subject of the Rainbow Youth meeting the day Jason attends?
(a) What it means to be gay.
(b) How to meet singles.
(c) Coming out.
(d) Protecting against HIV.
10. To what is Fenner Farley opposed in Chapter 11?
(a) Nelson in general.
(b) Bullying in schools.
(d) The GSA.
11. Who brings up the subject of girlfriends at Kyle's family Thanksgiving celebration?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His uncle.
(d) A cousin.
12. Who does Corey say he heard was running for queen of the dance in Chapter 7?
13. What is a brownstone?
(a) A type of building.
(b) A type of precious stone.
(c) A geological artifact.
(d) Slang for gravel.
14. From what book did Nelson get the name for his dog, Atticus?
(a) Moby Dick.
(b) Of Mice and Men.
(d) To Kill a Mockingbird.
15. How does Debra appear to feel about the group Nelson wants to start at the high school?
(a) She opposes it.
(b) She finds it outrageous based on religious beliefs.
(d) She does not care one way or the other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of a new medication Nelson is taking in Chapter 9?
2. Why do Nelson and Kyle go to see Ms. MacTrough in Chapter 5?
3. How long have Debra and Jason been dating as mentioned by Debra in Chapter 7?
4. What does Kyle's mother find on the floor of Kyle's room in Chapter 8?
5. What has Jason's mother recently begun to refuse to buy for Jason's father?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)