|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kyle suggest is the only cause of bullying Nelson suffers at the high school?
(a) Nelson's temper.
(b) Nelson's flamboyance.
2. Who does Kyle blame for the way Jason abruptly leaves the Rainbow Youth meeting?
3. Where does Kyle have a picture of Jason he often looks at?
(a) A club photo from school.
(b) An old class photo.
(c) The school yearbook.
(d) A candid shot from a school project.
4. What does Nelson say is the purpose of the new club he and Kyle want to start at the high school?
(a) To raise money for athletic clubs.
(b) To promote tolerance.
(c) To provide dating services for all students.
(d) To give gays a social outlet.
5. Who is Fenner Farley?
(a) Nelson's father.
(b) A teacher at the school.
(c) The school principal.
(d) A religious student at the high school.
6. What does Nelson think Jason is most frightened of?
(a) The coach learning he is gay.
(b) Kyle refusing to help him bring his math grade up.
(c) Debra learning he is gay.
(d) Jack Ransom bullying him.
7. Why does Nelson go to Shea's at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) To get a haircut.
(b) To complain about Jason.
(c) To talk about college applications.
(d) To see her new dog.
8. Why does Kyle choose to join the swim team?
(a) He thinks it will help his social life.
(b) To make his mother happy.
(c) He is not good at any other sport.
(d) He wants to impress Jason.
9. What makes Jason think he might be gay, or possibly bisexual?
(a) An attraction to Nelson.
(b) Fear of intimacy with his girlfriend.
(c) Thoughts of Kyle.
(d) Dreams about naked men.
10. For what reason does Jason fear failing his math class?
(a) He will not be accepted to Harvard.
(b) His father will be disappointed.
(c) He will not graduate.
(d) He will lose his chance at a basketball scholarship.
11. What does Kyle say makes him feel like an alien?
(a) His acne.
(b) His thinning hair.
(c) His braces.
(d) His friendship with Nelson.
12. Who wakes Kyle the next morning, in Chapter 8?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
13. What does Kyle reveal to his father that he has always disliked in Chapter 11?
(a) Family vacations.
(c) Going to grandma's.
14. For what reason does Jason consider breaking up with Debra in Chapter 7?
(a) He is embarassed by the way she talks about gays.
(b) He is still confused about his sexuality.
(c) He no longer likes her.
(d) He dislikes the way she talks about their sex life.
15. Who does Corey say he heard was running for queen of the dance in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of music does Kyle play for Jason during their tutoring session?
2. Why does Jason think his friends would not be supportive if he came out as gay to them?
3. What new hairstyle does Nelson get in Chapter 6?
4. What does Kyle's father show him when he gets home in Chapter 2?
5. What does the principal ask Nelson to do about his behavior?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)