|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nelson give to Jason before he leaves the meeting?
(a) Kyle's phone number.
(b) A button with a gay slogan.
(c) A flyer for a party.
(d) His phone number.
2. What kind of organization does Debra say Nelson wants to start at the high school?
(a) A Rainbow Youth club.
(b) A Gay-Straight Alliance.
(c) A teen court group.
(d) A Gay dating group.
3. What is the nature of the hotline Jason calls over the summer?
(a) A hotline to help teens whose parents are alcholics.
(b) A hotline to help teens who are suicidal.
(c) A hotline to help teens deal with issues concerning their sexuality.
(d) A hotline to help teens with financial problems.
4. What does Nelson say is the purpose of the new club he and Kyle want to start at the high school?
(a) To raise money for athletic clubs.
(b) To give gays a social outlet.
(c) To provide dating services for all students.
(d) To promote tolerance.
5. What does Kyle say is the cause of his sexuality?
(a) His relationship with his mother.
(b) Sexual abuse by an aunt.
(c) The media.
(d) He was born that way.
6. Who is Caitlin?
(a) Shea's girlfriend.
(b) Nelson's cousin.
(c) Kyle's cousin.
(d) Blake's girlfriend.
7. Why does Nelson get angry with Kyle in Chapter 3?
(a) For not standing up against Jack for him.
(b) For not admiring his hair.
(c) For making him walk alone in the rain.
(d) For thinking he might have told about Jason and the Rainbow Youth meeting.
8. Why do Nelson and Kyle go to see Ms. MacTrough in Chapter 5?
(a) To discuss their college applications.
(b) To prepare for placement tests.
(c) To ask her to be the faculty advisor for the GSA.
(d) To discuss their grades.
9. What question does Kyle fail to answer in the parking lot after school when he and Nelson are approached by a small group of people?
(a) Whether he is gay.
(b) Whether he is Nelson's friend.
(c) Whether he wants to join the GSA.
(d) Whether he is a member of the Rainbow Youth.
10. Why does Jason feel he cannot talk about his confusion about his sexuality with his father?
(a) He does not want to burden his father with his problems.
(b) His father would think differently about him.
(c) He is afraid his father would kill him.
(d) His father is an absentee dad.
11. What nickname do the kids at school have for Nelson?
12. For what reason does Jason fear failing his math class?
(a) He will lose his chance at a basketball scholarship.
(b) He will not be accepted to Harvard.
(c) His father will be disappointed.
(d) He will not graduate.
13. What college is thought to have a great lesbian community, as discussed in Chapter 6?
14. What is different about Kyle's appearance in Chapter 6?
(a) He has new glasses.
(b) He has new shoes.
(c) He has new clothes.
(d) His braces are off.
15. From what book did Nelson get the name for his dog, Atticus?
(a) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(c) Moby Dick.
(d) Of Mice and Men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Jason wear in Chapter 4 that his father tells him to take off?
2. For what reason does Jason consider breaking up with Debra in Chapter 7?
3. Who offers Kyle some congratulations for telling his parents about his sexuality?
4. Who interrupts Kyle's conversation at school with Jason the Monday after the Rainbow Youth meeting?
5. To what is Fenner Farley opposed in Chapter 11?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)