|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jason think would happen if someone saw him holding hands with Kyle in the movie theater?
(a) He would be arrested.
(b) Everyone would learn he is gay.
(c) His father would find out and kill him.
(d) He would be humiliated.
2. What does Kyle knock over while trying to help Jason that draws attention to them?
(d) A podium.
3. What does Nelson think Kyle smells of most of the time?
(b) Chlorine from the pool.
4. What does Nelson give to Kyle at school in Chapter 2?
(a) A tape of a music group.
(b) A letter from Jason.
(c) An invitation to a party.
(d) A button with a gay slogan.
5. What is a brownstone?
(a) A type of precious stone.
(b) Slang for gravel.
(c) A type of building.
(d) A geological artifact.
6. In what subject does Kyle offer to tutor Jason in Chapter 5?
7. What is the nature of the hotline Jason calls over the summer?
(a) A hotline to help teens whose parents are alcholics.
(b) A hotline to help teens deal with issues concerning their sexuality.
(c) A hotline to help teens who are suicidal.
(d) A hotline to help teens with financial problems.
8. What did Jason and his friends drink in the parking lot before going to the dance in Chapter 7?
(a) Vodka and Pepsi.
(c) Mint schnaps.
9. What color dress does Debra wear to the dance in Chapter 7?
10. Why does Jason think his friends would not be supportive if he came out as gay to them?
(a) They bully kids like Nelson.
(b) They are afraid of things they do not understand.
(c) They make gay jokes.
(d) They are self-centered and would worry how it would look to others.
11. Who does Nelson suggest Kyle take to this upcoming social event that is discussed in Chapter 6?
12. Why do Nelson and Kyle go to see Ms. MacTrough in Chapter 5?
(a) To prepare for placement tests.
(b) To discuss their college applications.
(c) To ask her to be the faculty advisor for the GSA.
(d) To discuss their grades.
13. What is the point of view of the novel?
(a) Third person limited.
(b) First person omniscient.
(c) Second person.
(d) First person.
14. Who does Kyle blame for the way Jason abruptly leaves the Rainbow Youth meeting?
15. What is different about Kyle's appearance in Chapter 6?
(a) He has new shoes.
(b) His braces are off.
(c) He has new clothes.
(d) He has new glasses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drawing does Jason's sister show to him in Chapter 4?
2. Why does Kyle not tell his mother what is on his mind in the beginning of Chapter 8?
3. For what reason does Jason consider breaking up with Debra in Chapter 7?
4. Where do Jason and Debra park after the dance in Chapter 7?
5. Why is Jason afraid that Kyle will go through with the tutoring session?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)