|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Kyle blame for the way Jason abruptly leaves the Rainbow Youth meeting?
2. What does Kyle's mother find on the floor of Kyle's room in Chapter 8?
(a) The yearbook.
(b) A gay man's magazine.
(c) A failing math test.
(d) Kyle's cellphone.
3. What does Nelson think Jason is most frightened of?
(a) Jack Ransom bullying him.
(b) The coach learning he is gay.
(c) Debra learning he is gay.
(d) Kyle refusing to help him bring his math grade up.
4. What is a brownstone?
(a) Slang for gravel.
(b) A type of building.
(c) A type of precious stone.
(d) A geological artifact.
5. What does Kyle say is the cause of his sexuality?
(a) He was born that way.
(b) The media.
(c) His relationship with his mother.
(d) Sexual abuse by an aunt.
6. What is the purpose of a new medication Nelson is taking in Chapter 9?
(a) Weight loss.
(b) Vitamins for good health.
(c) Antibiotics for an infection.
(d) Antibiotics for acne.
7. Who offers Kyle some congratulations for telling his parents about his sexuality?
(d) Nelson's mother.
8. What role does Nelson's mother play in the local PFLAG organization?
(c) Vice President.
9. Why does Jason think his friends would not be supportive if he came out as gay to them?
(a) They bully kids like Nelson.
(b) They make gay jokes.
(c) They are self-centered and would worry how it would look to others.
(d) They are afraid of things they do not understand.
10. Who gives Jason the item he is wearing in Chapter 4 of which his father disapproves?
(b) His mother.
11. What is the subject of the Rainbow Youth meeting the day Jason attends?
(a) Coming out.
(b) Protecting against HIV.
(c) What it means to be gay.
(d) How to meet singles.
12. What does Nelson think Kyle should do at school in Chapter 8?
(a) Skip his classes.
(b) Ask a girl to the movies.
(c) Ask Jason out to the movies.
(d) Paint a picture of Jason.
13. Why is Jason afraid that Kyle will go through with the tutoring session?
(a) He is afraid his father will misunderstand.
(b) He is afraid Kyle will misunderstand.
(c) He is afraid people will think they are dating.
(d) He is afraid he will feel attracted to Kyle.
14. What does Kyle give Nelson in Chapter 3?
(a) A new phone.
(b) A new earring.
(c) His sweatshirt.
(d) His umbrella.
15. Why is Nelson unhappy with his appearance?
(a) He thinks he is boring.
(b) He wants to attract women.
(c) He dislikes the color of his eyes.
(d) He thinks his looks are causing the bullying at school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims to be bisexual during the Rainbow Youth meeting?
2. Why do the kids at school dislike Nelson?
3. What does Nelson give to Jason before he leaves the meeting?
4. Who does Kyle's father blame for Kyle's idea that he is gay?
5. What special treat does Kyle do for his parents after school in Chapter 8?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)