|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about Kyle's appearance in Chapter 6?
(a) His braces are off.
(b) He has new shoes.
(c) He has new clothes.
(d) He has new glasses.
2. What does Kyle reveal he was afraid his parents would do when they learned about his sexuality?
(a) That they would kick him out.
(b) They would physically harm him.
(c) They would disown him.
(d) They would stop loving him.
3. What is Jason's mother reading in Chapter 10?
(a) A novel.
(b) A pamphlet for PFLAG.
(c) A self-help book.
(d) A pamphlet for Al-Anon.
4. What item of clothing does Kyle constantly wear, no matter the circumstances or weather?
(a) A sweatshirt.
(b) A ball cap.
(c) A pair of skater shoes.
(d) A wristband.
5. What does Jason find in his mother's purse in Chapter 4 while looking for money?
(a) A can of pepper spray.
(b) A gun.
(c) A pamphlet for Rainbow Youth.
(d) A pamphlet for Al-Anon.
6. Where does Kyle go for some privacy in Chapter 8?
(b) The family car.
(c) A park across from Jason's house.
(d) The library.
7. From what book did Nelson get the name for his dog, Atticus?
(b) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(c) Moby Dick.
(d) Of Mice and Men.
8. Why does Kyle choose to join the swim team?
(a) To make his mother happy.
(b) He thinks it will help his social life.
(c) He wants to impress Jason.
(d) He is not good at any other sport.
9. What college is thought to have a great lesbian community, as discussed in Chapter 6?
10. Why is Jason afraid that Kyle will go through with the tutoring session?
(a) He is afraid Kyle will misunderstand.
(b) He is afraid his father will misunderstand.
(c) He is afraid he will feel attracted to Kyle.
(d) He is afraid people will think they are dating.
11. What does Kyle give Nelson in Chapter 3?
(a) A new phone.
(b) His umbrella.
(c) His sweatshirt.
(d) A new earring.
12. Where do Kyle and Jason study?
(a) The library.
(b) The local diner.
(c) Jason's house.
(d) Kyle's house.
13. What does Kyle say is the cause of his sexuality?
(a) He was born that way.
(b) Sexual abuse by an aunt.
(c) The media.
(d) His relationship with his mother.
14. What role does Nelson's mother play in the local PFLAG organization?
(c) Vice President.
15. Who interrupts Kyle's conversation at school with Jason the Monday after the Rainbow Youth meeting?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Jason consider breaking up with Debra in Chapter 7?
2. Who wakes Kyle the next morning, in Chapter 8?
3. What has Jason's mother recently begun to refuse to buy for Jason's father?
4. When doers Kyle first realize he is different from other boys his age?
5. What does Kyle reveal to his father that he has always disliked in Chapter 11?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)