|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kyle not tell his mother what is on his mind in the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) He wants to see how it progresses first.
(b) He does not want to disappoint her.
(c) He is afraid how she might respond.
(d) She does not know he is gay.
2. Why does Jason not want to end his relationship with Debra despite his feelings he might be gay?
(a) He does not want to hurt her.
(b) He is afraid of what people will say.
(c) He is afraid of what his father will think.
(d) He likes her too much.
3. Where does Kyle go for some privacy in Chapter 8?
(b) The family car.
(c) A park across from Jason's house.
(d) The library.
4. What occupies Kyle's thoughts at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Fear of failing his English exam.
(b) Jason and their tutoring session.
(c) Nelson and their GSA group.
(d) Fear of telling Nelson about his tutoring session with Jason.
5. What does Kyle's father show him when he gets home in Chapter 2?
(a) Tickets to an amusement park.
(b) Tickets to the Redskins game the Sunday after Thanksgiving.
(c) Tickets to the circus.
(d) Tickets to Cats.
6. What magazine do Nelson and Kyle study in Chapter 6?
(b) Honcho, a gay man's magazine.
(c) Ladies' Home Journal.
(d) Sports Illustrated.
7. What is one of the nicknames students have for Ms. MacTrough?
(b) Mac Nation.
(c) Big Mac.
(d) Small Mac.
8. What is the point of view of the novel?
(a) Second person.
(b) First person.
(c) First person omniscient.
(d) Third person limited.
9. What drawing does Jason's sister show to him in Chapter 4?
(a) A drawing of the family, minus their father.
(b) A drawing of him.
(c) A drawing of the family cat.
(d) A drawing of Debra.
10. Why is Kyle unsure about keeping the magazine at his house?
(a) He does not feel comfortable looking at it.
(b) His mother might see it.
(c) He is afraid his father might find it.
(d) He might lose it.
11. What kind of music does Kyle play for Jason during their tutoring session?
(a) Rap music.
(b) Bands featuring all gay members.
(c) Punk music.
(d) Bands featuring local high school students.
12. Who is applying to colleges, as discussed in Chapter 6?
13. Who is Debra?
(a) Jason's mother.
(b) Jason's girlfriend.
(c) Jason's sister.
(d) Jason's cousin.
14. Who does Kyle's father blame for Kyle's idea that he is gay?
(b) His mother.
(d) The school system.
15. What bothers Jason about his intimate relationship with Debra, as he expresses in Chapter 4?
(a) He always makes the moves.
(b) She never seems interested.
(c) He is not attracted to her.
(d) She seems overly interested.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jason and Debra park after the dance in Chapter 7?
2. Why does Jason let go of Kyle's hand in the movie theater in Chapter 10?
3. For what reason does Jason consider breaking up with Debra in Chapter 7?
4. From whom does Nelson crave attention as he states in Chapter 3?
5. What does Kyle say is the cause of his sexuality?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)