|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nelson go to Shea's at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) To get a haircut.
(b) To talk about college applications.
(c) To complain about Jason.
(d) To see her new dog.
2. What item of clothing does Kyle constantly wear, no matter the circumstances or weather?
(a) A wristband.
(b) A sweatshirt.
(c) A pair of skater shoes.
(d) A ball cap.
3. From what book did Nelson get the name for his dog, Atticus?
(b) Moby Dick.
(c) Of Mice and Men.
(d) To Kill a Mockingbird.
4. What does Nelson give to Jason before he leaves the meeting?
(a) A button with a gay slogan.
(b) Kyle's phone number.
(c) A flyer for a party.
(d) His phone number.
5. What kind of music does Kyle play for Jason during their tutoring session?
(a) Bands featuring local high school students.
(b) Rap music.
(c) Bands featuring all gay members.
(d) Punk music.
6. What did Jason and his friends drink in the parking lot before going to the dance in Chapter 7?
(b) Mint schnaps.
(d) Vodka and Pepsi.
7. Who does Kyle blame for the way Jason abruptly leaves the Rainbow Youth meeting?
8. Who does Nelson suggest Kyle take to this upcoming social event that is discussed in Chapter 6?
9. Why does Jason feel he cannot talk about his confusion about his sexuality with his father?
(a) He is afraid his father would kill him.
(b) He does not want to burden his father with his problems.
(c) His father would think differently about him.
(d) His father is an absentee dad.
10. How long have Debra and Jason been dating as mentioned by Debra in Chapter 7?
(a) A year.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three months.
(d) Two years.
11. Why does Kyle choose to join the swim team?
(a) To make his mother happy.
(b) He is not good at any other sport.
(c) He thinks it will help his social life.
(d) He wants to impress Jason.
12. Who is Fenner Farley?
(a) A religious student at the high school.
(b) Nelson's father.
(c) The school principal.
(d) A teacher at the school.
13. What item does Jason wear in Chapter 4 that his father tells him to take off?
(a) A pair of diamond earrings.
(b) A single, dangling earring.
(c) A pink t-shirt.
(d) A chrome bead necklace.
14. What bothers Jason about his intimate relationship with Debra, as he expresses in Chapter 4?
(a) He is not attracted to her.
(b) He always makes the moves.
(c) She seems overly interested.
(d) She never seems interested.
15. What does Jack Ransom do to Nelson to be sentenced to court probation?
(a) Punches him in the locker room.
(b) Kicks him and shoves his face in the toilet.
(c) Ties him to a flag pole, naked.
(d) Knocks his lunch tray from his hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nelson turn to when he is angry with Kyle in Chapter 6?
2. What kind of organization does Debra say Nelson wants to start at the high school?
3. What are Jason's parents fighting about when Jason comes home in Chapter 10?
4. Where do Kyle and Jason study?
5. What is Jason's mother reading in Chapter 10?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)