|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wakes Kyle the next morning, in Chapter 8?
(a) His father.
(d) His mother.
2. To what does Kyle compare kissing Nelson?
(a) To kissing his sister.
(b) To kissing his mother.
(c) To kissing his brother.
(d) To kissing his grandmother.
3. Why does Jason feel he cannot talk about his confusion about his sexuality with his father?
(a) He is afraid his father would kill him.
(b) His father would think differently about him.
(c) He does not want to burden his father with his problems.
(d) His father is an absentee dad.
4. How many times does Jason walk around the block before finally entering the Rainbow Youth meeting?
5. What color does Nelson dye his hair?
6. What does Nelson discover Kyle wrote over and over again on a piece of paper during the Rainbow Youth meeting in Chapter 9?
(a) Shea's name.
(b) His own name.
(c) Nelson's name.
(d) Jason's name.
7. What does Kyle's mother find on the floor of Kyle's room in Chapter 8?
(a) A gay man's magazine.
(b) A failing math test.
(c) Kyle's cellphone.
(d) The yearbook.
8. What nickname do the kids at school have for Nelson?
9. What is the purpose of a new medication Nelson is taking in Chapter 9?
(a) Antibiotics for an infection.
(b) Weight loss.
(c) Vitamins for good health.
(d) Antibiotics for acne.
10. Who does Kyle's father blame for Kyle's idea that he is gay?
(b) The school system.
(c) His mother.
11. What role does Nelson's mother play in the local PFLAG organization?
(c) Vice President.
12. What does Nelson think Kyle should do at school in Chapter 8?
(a) Ask Jason out to the movies.
(b) Paint a picture of Jason.
(c) Skip his classes.
(d) Ask a girl to the movies.
13. Why does Nelson go to Shea's at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) To see her new dog.
(b) To get a haircut.
(c) To talk about college applications.
(d) To complain about Jason.
14. What type of friends does Kyle's father wish Kyle had?
(d) Popular kids.
15. What makes Jason think he might be gay, or possibly bisexual?
(a) An attraction to Nelson.
(b) Thoughts of Kyle.
(c) Dreams about naked men.
(d) Fear of intimacy with his girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What upcoming social event do Nelson and Kyle talk about in Chapter 6?
2. Why does Nelson get angry with Kyle in Chapter 3?
3. What special treat does Kyle do for his parents after school in Chapter 8?
4. What kind of organization does Debra say Nelson wants to start at the high school?
5. Why does Jason think his friends would not be supportive if he came out as gay to them?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)