|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kyle suggest is the only cause of bullying Nelson suffers at the high school?
(b) Nelson's flamboyance.
(c) Nelson's temper.
2. What is the point of view of the novel?
(a) Third person limited.
(b) Second person.
(c) First person omniscient.
(d) First person.
3. How does Debra appear to feel about the group Nelson wants to start at the high school?
(a) She does not care one way or the other.
(c) She finds it outrageous based on religious beliefs.
(d) She opposes it.
4. What does Kyle knock over while trying to help Jason that draws attention to them?
(a) A podium.
5. What is one of the nicknames students have for Ms. MacTrough?
(a) Big Mac.
(b) Small Mac.
(c) Mac Nation.
6. Who is Ms. MacTrough?
(a) The English teacher at the high school.
(b) The guidance counselor at the high school.
(c) The math teacher at the high school.
(d) The art teacher at the high school.
7. What are Jason's parents fighting about when Jason comes home in Chapter 10?
(a) The father's abusive behaviors.
(b) The father's drinking.
(c) The father's infidelity.
(d) The way the father treats Jason.
8. What happens when Nelson's mother complains to the principal about the bullying Nelson experiences with Jack Ransom?
(a) The principal says that Nelson should stop dressing oddly.
(b) The principal says that Nelson brings it on himself.
(c) The principal says that Nelson needs to control his temper.
(d) The principal says that Nelson should go to a different school.
9. Who does Nelson turn to when he is angry with Kyle in Chapter 6?
(d) His mother.
10. Who brings up the subject of girlfriends at Kyle's family Thanksgiving celebration?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His aunt.
(c) A cousin.
(d) His uncle.
11. Why is Nelson unhappy with his appearance?
(a) He dislikes the color of his eyes.
(b) He wants to attract women.
(c) He thinks his looks are causing the bullying at school.
(d) He thinks he is boring.
12. What does Nelson give to Jason before he leaves the meeting?
(a) His phone number.
(b) Kyle's phone number.
(c) A button with a gay slogan.
(d) A flyer for a party.
13. Where do Kyle and Jason study?
(a) Kyle's house.
(b) The local diner.
(c) The library.
(d) Jason's house.
14. What drawing does Jason's sister show to him in Chapter 4?
(a) A drawing of the family cat.
(b) A drawing of him.
(c) A drawing of Debra.
(d) A drawing of the family, minus their father.
15. What magazine do Nelson and Kyle study in Chapter 6?
(b) Sports Illustrated.
(c) Honcho, a gay man's magazine.
(d) Ladies' Home Journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Fenner Farley?
2. With whom do Jason and Debra attend the dance in Chapter 7?
3. Who does Nelson suggest Kyle take to this upcoming social event that is discussed in Chapter 6?
4. What nickname do the kids at school have for Nelson?
5. What did Jason think would happen if someone saw him holding hands with Kyle in the movie theater?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)