|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kyle suggest is the only cause of bullying Nelson suffers at the high school?
(a) Nelson's flamboyance.
(b) Nelson's temper.
2. What does Kyle say makes him feel like an alien?
(a) His friendship with Nelson.
(b) His acne.
(c) His thinning hair.
(d) His braces.
3. What happens when Nelson's mother complains to the principal about the bullying Nelson experiences with Jack Ransom?
(a) The principal says that Nelson should go to a different school.
(b) The principal says that Nelson should stop dressing oddly.
(c) The principal says that Nelson brings it on himself.
(d) The principal says that Nelson needs to control his temper.
4. Who does Kyle's father blame for Kyle's idea that he is gay?
(c) His mother.
(d) The school system.
5. Who does Nelson suggest Kyle take to this upcoming social event that is discussed in Chapter 6?
6. What nickname do the kids at school have for Nelson?
7. Why is Jason afraid that Kyle will go through with the tutoring session?
(a) He is afraid Kyle will misunderstand.
(b) He is afraid his father will misunderstand.
(c) He is afraid people will think they are dating.
(d) He is afraid he will feel attracted to Kyle.
8. What bothers Jason about his intimate relationship with Debra, as he expresses in Chapter 4?
(a) He always makes the moves.
(b) She seems overly interested.
(c) He is not attracted to her.
(d) She never seems interested.
9. Who is applying to colleges, as discussed in Chapter 6?
10. Who meets Nelson and Kyle in the parking lot after school in Chapter 5?
(a) Blake and his friends.
(b) Jack Ransom and his friends.
(c) Shea and her friends.
(d) Jason and his friends.
11. Where does Kyle have a picture of Jason he often looks at?
(a) The school yearbook.
(b) An old class photo.
(c) A club photo from school.
(d) A candid shot from a school project.
12. Why does Kyle choose to join the swim team?
(a) To make his mother happy.
(b) He wants to impress Jason.
(c) He thinks it will help his social life.
(d) He is not good at any other sport.
13. What is a brownstone?
(a) A geological artifact.
(b) Slang for gravel.
(c) A type of precious stone.
(d) A type of building.
14. What type of homework does Kyle's father help him complete in Chapter 5?
15. To what is Fenner Farley opposed in Chapter 11?
(b) The GSA.
(c) Nelson in general.
(d) Bullying in schools.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Nelson's mother suggest Nelson is in love in Chapter 6?
2. How does Debra appear to feel about the group Nelson wants to start at the high school?
3. What question does Kyle fail to answer in the parking lot after school when he and Nelson are approached by a small group of people?
4. What is one of the nicknames students have for Ms. MacTrough?
5. Why does Jason feel he cannot talk about his confusion about his sexuality with his father?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)