|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Kyle blame for the way Jason abruptly leaves the Rainbow Youth meeting?
2. Who interrupts Kyle's conversation at school with Jason the Monday after the Rainbow Youth meeting?
3. Where does Kyle have a picture of Jason he often looks at?
(a) A club photo from school.
(b) A candid shot from a school project.
(c) An old class photo.
(d) The school yearbook.
4. Why does Kyle not tell his mother what is on his mind in the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) She does not know he is gay.
(b) He wants to see how it progresses first.
(c) He does not want to disappoint her.
(d) He is afraid how she might respond.
5. What is a brownstone?
(a) Slang for gravel.
(b) A type of building.
(c) A geological artifact.
(d) A type of precious stone.
6. What does Kyle's mother say he will never have because he is gay?
(b) True love.
7. Why does Jason not want to end his relationship with Debra despite his feelings he might be gay?
(a) He likes her too much.
(b) He is afraid of what his father will think.
(c) He does not want to hurt her.
(d) He is afraid of what people will say.
8. What is the subject of the Rainbow Youth meeting the day Jason attends?
(a) How to meet singles.
(b) What it means to be gay.
(c) Coming out.
(d) Protecting against HIV.
9. What is the purpose of a new medication Nelson is taking in Chapter 9?
(a) Vitamins for good health.
(b) Antibiotics for an infection.
(c) Weight loss.
(d) Antibiotics for acne.
10. What does Nelson think Kyle should do at school in Chapter 8?
(a) Skip his classes.
(b) Paint a picture of Jason.
(c) Ask Jason out to the movies.
(d) Ask a girl to the movies.
11. Who does Corey say he heard was running for queen of the dance in Chapter 7?
12. What item of clothing does Kyle constantly wear, no matter the circumstances or weather?
(a) A ball cap.
(b) A sweatshirt.
(c) A pair of skater shoes.
(d) A wristband.
13. What if PFLAG?
(a) An organization for gays and lesbians.
(b) An organization for student athletes.
(c) An organization for parents of gays and lesbians.
(d) An organization for parents of athletes.
14. What does Kyle reveal he was afraid his parents would do when they learned about his sexuality?
(a) They would physically harm him.
(b) That they would kick him out.
(c) They would disown him.
(d) They would stop loving him.
15. What question does Kyle fail to answer in the parking lot after school when he and Nelson are approached by a small group of people?
(a) Whether he is gay.
(b) Whether he is a member of the Rainbow Youth.
(c) Whether he is Nelson's friend.
(d) Whether he wants to join the GSA.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers Kyle some congratulations for telling his parents about his sexuality?
2. Who is Caitlin?
3. Why do Nelson and Kyle go to see Ms. MacTrough in Chapter 5?
4. What is the nature of the hotline Jason calls over the summer?
5. What does Kyle give Nelson in Chapter 3?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)