|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jason think his friends would not be supportive if he came out as gay to them?
(a) They are afraid of things they do not understand.
(b) They make gay jokes.
(c) They bully kids like Nelson.
(d) They are self-centered and would worry how it would look to others.
2. What did Jason and his friends drink in the parking lot before going to the dance in Chapter 7?
(a) Vodka and Pepsi.
(c) Mint schnaps.
3. In what subject does Kyle offer to tutor Jason in Chapter 5?
4. Why do the kids at school dislike Nelson?
(a) He is openly gay and flamboyant in his personality.
(b) He is a bully.
(c) He is unattractive.
(d) He is a loner.
5. To what is Fenner Farley opposed in Chapter 11?
(a) The GSA.
(c) Nelson in general.
(d) Bullying in schools.
6. Who offers Kyle some congratulations for telling his parents about his sexuality?
(d) Nelson's mother.
7. Why does Jason want to have intimate relations with his girlfriend?
(a) To make her love him.
(b) To prove something to her.
(c) To relieve his stress.
(d) To help him feel normal.
8. When doers Kyle first realize he is different from other boys his age?
(a) When he is very young.
(b) When he meets Nelson.
(c) When his father first takes him to see a sports game.
(d) When he first sees Jason.
9. What does Jason find in his mother's purse in Chapter 4 while looking for money?
(a) A pamphlet for Rainbow Youth.
(b) A pamphlet for Al-Anon.
(c) A gun.
(d) A can of pepper spray.
10. What does Jack Ransom do to Nelson to be sentenced to court probation?
(a) Knocks his lunch tray from his hands.
(b) Kicks him and shoves his face in the toilet.
(c) Punches him in the locker room.
(d) Ties him to a flag pole, naked.
11. Who is Caitlin?
(a) Kyle's cousin.
(b) Blake's girlfriend.
(c) Nelson's cousin.
(d) Shea's girlfriend.
12. What is Nelson searching for as his mother rushes him to get to school in Chapter 6?
(a) His cellphone.
(b) His favorite shirt.
(c) His camera.
(d) His books.
13. What are Jason's parents fighting about when Jason comes home in Chapter 10?
(a) The father's abusive behaviors.
(b) The father's infidelity.
(c) The way the father treats Jason.
(d) The father's drinking.
14. What drawing does Jason's sister show to him in Chapter 4?
(a) A drawing of the family cat.
(b) A drawing of Debra.
(c) A drawing of him.
(d) A drawing of the family, minus their father.
15. Where do Jason and Debra park after the dance in Chapter 7?
(a) The golf course.
(b) Outside her house.
(c) In a deserted parking lot.
(d) A deserted country road.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kyle choose to join the swim team?
2. Who does Nelson suggest Kyle take to this upcoming social event that is discussed in Chapter 6?
3. From whom does Nelson crave attention as he states in Chapter 3?
4. What does Kyle knock over while trying to help Jason that draws attention to them?
5. What is one of the nicknames students have for Ms. MacTrough?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)