|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nelson searching for as his mother rushes him to get to school in Chapter 6?
(a) His camera.
(b) His favorite shirt.
(c) His books.
(d) His cellphone.
2. Why does Jason not want to end his relationship with Debra despite his feelings he might be gay?
(a) He does not want to hurt her.
(b) He is afraid of what people will say.
(c) He is afraid of what his father will think.
(d) He likes her too much.
3. What occupies Kyle's thoughts at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Jason and their tutoring session.
(b) Nelson and their GSA group.
(c) Fear of telling Nelson about his tutoring session with Jason.
(d) Fear of failing his English exam.
4. Where does Jason hear about Rainbow Youth?
(a) On the Internet.
(b) In the local newspaper.
(c) From a friend.
(d) In the school paper.
5. What item does Jason wear in Chapter 4 that his father tells him to take off?
(a) A pink t-shirt.
(b) A pair of diamond earrings.
(c) A single, dangling earring.
(d) A chrome bead necklace.
6. What does Jason find in his mother's purse in Chapter 4 while looking for money?
(a) A gun.
(b) A can of pepper spray.
(c) A pamphlet for Rainbow Youth.
(d) A pamphlet for Al-Anon.
7. Who claims to be bisexual during the Rainbow Youth meeting?
8. In what subject does Kyle offer to tutor Jason in Chapter 5?
9. What does Jack Ransom do to Nelson to be sentenced to court probation?
(a) Punches him in the locker room.
(b) Knocks his lunch tray from his hands.
(c) Kicks him and shoves his face in the toilet.
(d) Ties him to a flag pole, naked.
10. What does Nelson discover Kyle wrote over and over again on a piece of paper during the Rainbow Youth meeting in Chapter 9?
(a) Nelson's name.
(b) His own name.
(c) Jason's name.
(d) Shea's name.
11. What type of friends does Kyle's father wish Kyle had?
(a) Popular kids.
12. How many times does Jason walk around the block before finally entering the Rainbow Youth meeting?
13. Where do Jason and Debra park after the dance in Chapter 7?
(a) The golf course.
(b) A deserted country road.
(c) Outside her house.
(d) In a deserted parking lot.
14. Who wakes Kyle the next morning, in Chapter 8?
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
15. What law does Kyle cite when Mr. Mueller attempts to deny Kyle and Nelson the right to begin a new club at the school?
(a) The First Amendment of the Constitution.
(b) The Federal Equal Access Act.
(c) The Equal Rights Amendment.
(d) The Bill of Rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Jason the item he is wearing in Chapter 4 of which his father disapproves?
2. What role does Nelson's mother play in the local PFLAG organization?
3. What has Jason's mother recently begun to refuse to buy for Jason's father?
4. Who is Ms. MacTrough?
5. What happens when Nelson's mother complains to the principal about the bullying Nelson experiences with Jack Ransom?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)