|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nelson think Kyle smells of most of the time?
(c) Chlorine from the pool.
2. Who wakes Kyle the next morning, in Chapter 8?
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
3. What type of homework does Kyle's father help him complete in Chapter 5?
4. What does Kyle's mother say he will never have because he is gay?
(a) True love.
5. Why does Jason want to have intimate relations with his girlfriend?
(a) To help him feel normal.
(b) To prove something to her.
(c) To relieve his stress.
(d) To make her love him.
6. Who claims to be bisexual during the Rainbow Youth meeting?
7. What does Kyle reveal he was afraid his parents would do when they learned about his sexuality?
(a) They would disown him.
(b) They would physically harm him.
(c) They would stop loving him.
(d) That they would kick him out.
8. Who offers Kyle some congratulations for telling his parents about his sexuality?
(a) Nelson's mother.
9. What item of clothing does Kyle constantly wear, no matter the circumstances or weather?
(a) A wristband.
(b) A ball cap.
(c) A sweatshirt.
(d) A pair of skater shoes.
10. Why does Kyle not tell his mother what is on his mind in the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) He is afraid how she might respond.
(b) She does not know he is gay.
(c) He wants to see how it progresses first.
(d) He does not want to disappoint her.
11. What if PFLAG?
(a) An organization for gays and lesbians.
(b) An organization for parents of gays and lesbians.
(c) An organization for student athletes.
(d) An organization for parents of athletes.
12. What does Kyle reveal to his father that he has always disliked in Chapter 11?
(a) Going to grandma's.
(d) Family vacations.
13. Why does Kyle choose to join the swim team?
(a) He wants to impress Jason.
(b) To make his mother happy.
(c) He thinks it will help his social life.
(d) He is not good at any other sport.
14. Who meets Nelson and Kyle in the parking lot after school in Chapter 5?
(a) Jason and his friends.
(b) Blake and his friends.
(c) Shea and her friends.
(d) Jack Ransom and his friends.
15. Why is Jason afraid that Kyle will go through with the tutoring session?
(a) He is afraid Kyle will misunderstand.
(b) He is afraid he will feel attracted to Kyle.
(c) He is afraid his father will misunderstand.
(d) He is afraid people will think they are dating.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nature of the hotline Jason calls over the summer?
2. Why is Kyle unsure about keeping the magazine at his house?
3. Why does Jason think his friends would not be supportive if he came out as gay to them?
4. For what reason does Jason fear failing his math class?
5. What does Nelson think Kyle should do at school in Chapter 8?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)