|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kyle wish Nelson would not hang around him at lunch the Monday after the Rainbow Youth meeting?
(a) So no one will figure out he is gay.
(b) So Jason will feel free to talk to him.
(c) He is embarrassed by Nelson's appearance.
(d) He no longer wishes to be friends with Nelson.
2. Who does Nelson turn to when he is angry with Kyle in Chapter 6?
(d) His mother.
3. What word does Kyle's mother use to describe Nelson?
4. What does Kyle suggest is the only cause of bullying Nelson suffers at the high school?
(b) Nelson's flamboyance.
(c) Nelson's temper.
5. What is Nelson searching for as his mother rushes him to get to school in Chapter 6?
(a) His camera.
(b) His books.
(c) His favorite shirt.
(d) His cellphone.
6. Who is Caitlin?
(a) Shea's girlfriend.
(b) Nelson's cousin.
(c) Blake's girlfriend.
(d) Kyle's cousin.
7. Who gives Jason the item he is wearing in Chapter 4 of which his father disapproves?
(c) His mother.
8. Who brings up the subject of girlfriends at Kyle's family Thanksgiving celebration?
(a) A cousin.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His uncle.
9. What does Kyle's mother say he will never have because he is gay?
(c) True love.
10. Why does Jason let go of Kyle's hand in the movie theater in Chapter 10?
(a) Debra comes into the theater with friends.
(b) A man walks toward them and might see.
(c) Kyle pulls away.
(d) Corey's warning frightens him.
11. What college is thought to have a great lesbian community, as discussed in Chapter 6?
12. What does Kyle knock over while trying to help Jason that draws attention to them?
(d) A podium.
13. What does Kyle say makes him feel like an alien?
(a) His braces.
(b) His acne.
(c) His friendship with Nelson.
(d) His thinning hair.
14. What magazine do Nelson and Kyle study in Chapter 6?
(a) Honcho, a gay man's magazine.
(c) Ladies' Home Journal.
(d) Sports Illustrated.
15. Why does Jason not want to end his relationship with Debra despite his feelings he might be gay?
(a) He likes her too much.
(b) He is afraid of what people will say.
(c) He does not want to hurt her.
(d) He is afraid of what his father will think.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nelson suggest Kyle take to this upcoming social event that is discussed in Chapter 6?
2. How many times does Jason walk around the block before finally entering the Rainbow Youth meeting?
3. When doers Kyle first realize he is different from other boys his age?
4. What question does Kyle fail to answer in the parking lot after school when he and Nelson are approached by a small group of people?
5. With whom does Nelson's mother suggest Nelson is in love in Chapter 6?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)