|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-One (Nelson).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of the Rainbow Youth meeting the day Jason attends?
(a) Protecting against HIV.
(b) How to meet singles.
(c) Coming out.
(d) What it means to be gay.
2. Who is applying to colleges, as discussed in Chapter 6?
3. Why does Nelson go to Shea's at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) To get a haircut.
(b) To see her new dog.
(c) To complain about Jason.
(d) To talk about college applications.
4. What are Jason's parents fighting about when Jason comes home in Chapter 10?
(a) The way the father treats Jason.
(b) The father's infidelity.
(c) The father's drinking.
(d) The father's abusive behaviors.
5. Who wakes Kyle the next morning, in Chapter 8?
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kyle suggest is the only cause of bullying Nelson suffers at the high school?
2. Who wrote a derogatory word on Kyle's locker during the Christmas break?
3. What happens during basketball practice in Chapter 16 that makes Jason wonder if he has become a target of intolerance?
4. What does Jason spend most of the movie, in Chapter 4, thinking about?
5. What word does Kyle's mother use to describe Nelson?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)