|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-One (Nelson).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jason teach Kyle to do in Chapter 14?
(a) Bat a paper ball.
(b) Throw paper balls into the trash basket.
(c) Dribble a basketball.
(d) Catch a tossed ball.
2. How does Debra appear to feel about the group Nelson wants to start at the high school?
(b) She opposes it.
(c) She finds it outrageous based on religious beliefs.
(d) She does not care one way or the other.
3. Why does Jason let go of Kyle's hand in the movie theater in Chapter 10?
(a) Kyle pulls away.
(b) A man walks toward them and might see.
(c) Debra comes into the theater with friends.
(d) Corey's warning frightens him.
4. Why is Jason afraid that Kyle will go through with the tutoring session?
(a) He is afraid his father will misunderstand.
(b) He is afraid people will think they are dating.
(c) He is afraid Kyle will misunderstand.
(d) He is afraid he will feel attracted to Kyle.
5. Who visits Jason's home during the Christmas holiday?
(a) His Uncle Ramiro and Aunt Ana.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His older brother.
(d) His mother's siblings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Nelson in a hurry to have a sexual experience?
2. What does Debra talk about during the dance that makes Jason unhappy?
3. What kind of music does Kyle play for Jason during their tutoring session?
4. What do Nelson and Kyle learn has happened to their club request to the school board?
5. For what reason does Jason consider breaking up with Debra in Chapter 7?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)