|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-One (Nelson).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname do the kids at school have for Nelson?
2. Why does Jason think his friends would not be supportive if he came out as gay to them?
(a) They bully kids like Nelson.
(b) They are self-centered and would worry how it would look to others.
(c) They make gay jokes.
(d) They are afraid of things they do not understand.
3. Why does Jason not want to end his relationship with Debra despite his feelings he might be gay?
(a) He does not want to hurt her.
(b) He is afraid of what people will say.
(c) He is afraid of what his father will think.
(d) He likes her too much.
4. What does Kyle give Nelson in Chapter 3?
(a) His umbrella.
(b) A new earring.
(c) A new phone.
(d) His sweatshirt.
5. What happens in chapter 18 when Nelson tries to contact Brick?
(a) Brick tells him to leave him alone.
(b) The message is blocked.
(c) Brick asks him to come over again.
(d) The message is left unanswered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nature of the hotline Jason calls over the summer?
2. With whom does Nelson's mother suggest Nelson is in love in Chapter 6?
3. What are Jason's parents fighting about when Jason comes home in Chapter 10?
4. Who does Kyle blame for the way Jason abruptly leaves the Rainbow Youth meeting?
5. Why does Kyle not tell his mother what is on his mind in the beginning of Chapter 8?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)