|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-One (Nelson).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Kyle find Jason depressed and alone in his home at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) Jason is humiliated that everyone at school now knows he is gay.
(b) Jason's mother has asked him to move out.
(c) Jason is heartbroken that Debra no longer wants to be friends.
(d) Jason's father has left the family.
2. What color dress does Debra wear to the dance in Chapter 7?
3. What does Nelson think Jason is most frightened of?
(a) Debra learning he is gay.
(b) The coach learning he is gay.
(c) Kyle refusing to help him bring his math grade up.
(d) Jack Ransom bullying him.
4. Why does Jason think his friends would not be supportive if he came out as gay to them?
(a) They make gay jokes.
(b) They are self-centered and would worry how it would look to others.
(c) They bully kids like Nelson.
(d) They are afraid of things they do not understand.
5. What law does Kyle cite when Mr. Mueller attempts to deny Kyle and Nelson the right to begin a new club at the school?
(a) The Equal Rights Amendment.
(b) The Bill of Rights.
(c) The First Amendment of the Constitution.
(d) The Federal Equal Access Act.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kyle suddenly realize about Nelson at the end of Chapter 11?
2. Who meets Nelson and Kyle in the parking lot after school in Chapter 5?
3. Who does Corey say he heard was running for queen of the dance in Chapter 7?
4. What does Nelson think Kyle smells of most of the time?
5. What does Nelson think Kyle should do at school in Chapter 8?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)