|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen (Nelson).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Debra appear to feel about the group Nelson wants to start at the high school?
(a) She does not care one way or the other.
(b) She finds it outrageous based on religious beliefs.
(c) She opposes it.
2. What is Jason's mother reading in Chapter 10?
(a) A pamphlet for Al-Anon.
(b) A self-help book.
(c) A novel.
(d) A pamphlet for PFLAG.
3. Why do Nelson and Kyle go to see Ms. MacTrough in Chapter 5?
(a) To discuss their college applications.
(b) To ask her to be the faculty advisor for the GSA.
(c) To discuss their grades.
(d) To prepare for placement tests.
4. How many narrators are there in this novel?
5. Who is Caitlin?
(a) Blake's girlfriend.
(b) Kyle's cousin.
(c) Nelson's cousin.
(d) Shea's girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom do Jason and Debra attend the dance in Chapter 7?
2. Why does Jason not want to end his relationship with Debra despite his feelings he might be gay?
3. What does Nelson discover Kyle wrote over and over again on a piece of paper during the Rainbow Youth meeting in Chapter 9?
4. Where do Kyle and Jason study?
5. What bothers Jason about his intimate relationship with Debra, as he expresses in Chapter 4?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)