|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen (Nelson).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings up the subject of girlfriends at Kyle's family Thanksgiving celebration?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His uncle.
(d) A cousin.
2. What happens in chapter 18 when Nelson tries to contact Brick?
(a) The message is left unanswered.
(b) The message is blocked.
(c) Brick asks him to come over again.
(d) Brick tells him to leave him alone.
3. Who is Debra?
(a) Jason's mother.
(b) Jason's sister.
(c) Jason's girlfriend.
(d) Jason's cousin.
4. Who wrote a derogatory word on Kyle's locker during the Christmas break?
(a) Debra and her friends.
(b) Jack Ransom.
(c) Jason and his friends.
5. What did Jason think would happen if someone saw him holding hands with Kyle in the movie theater?
(a) He would be arrested.
(b) His father would find out and kill him.
(c) Everyone would learn he is gay.
(d) He would be humiliated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What beverage does Nelson drink while alone with an older man in Chapter 12?
2. Why does Jason not want to talk about what happened between he and Kyle in the theater?
3. When doers Kyle first realize he is different from other boys his age?
4. Why does Kyle wish Nelson would not hang around him at lunch the Monday after the Rainbow Youth meeting?
5. Where does Kyle go for some privacy in Chapter 8?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)