|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fifteen (Nelson).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jason not want to talk about what happened between he and Kyle in the theater?
(a) He does not want to lead Kyle on.
(b) He thinks there is nothing to talk about.
(c) He wants Kyle to bring it up.
(d) He wants to pretend it did not happen.
2. What does Kyle's father show him when he gets home in Chapter 2?
(a) Tickets to the circus.
(b) Tickets to an amusement park.
(c) Tickets to Cats.
(d) Tickets to the Redskins game the Sunday after Thanksgiving.
3. From whom does Nelson receive an impersonal Christmas card in Chapter 15?
(a) His cousin.
(d) His father.
4. What kind of music does Kyle play for Jason during their tutoring session?
(a) Bands featuring all gay members.
(b) Bands featuring local high school students.
(c) Rap music.
(d) Punk music.
5. Who wrote a derogatory word on Kyle's locker during the Christmas break?
(a) Jack Ransom.
(b) Debra and her friends.
(c) Jason and his friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupies Kyle's thoughts at the beginning of Chapter 8?
2. Where does Jason hear about Rainbow Youth?
3. What college is thought to have a great lesbian community, as discussed in Chapter 6?
4. What role does Nelson's mother play in the local PFLAG organization?
5. Why does Kyle not tell his mother what is on his mind in the beginning of Chapter 8?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)