|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten (Jason).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of the Rainbow Youth meeting the day Jason attends?
(a) Protecting against HIV.
(b) How to meet singles.
(c) Coming out.
(d) What it means to be gay.
2. Where do Jason and Debra park after the dance in Chapter 7?
(a) The golf course.
(b) A deserted country road.
(c) In a deserted parking lot.
(d) Outside her house.
3. Why does Kyle choose to join the swim team?
(a) To make his mother happy.
(b) He wants to impress Jason.
(c) He is not good at any other sport.
(d) He thinks it will help his social life.
4. What does Kyle say is the cause of his sexuality?
(a) Sexual abuse by an aunt.
(b) He was born that way.
(c) His relationship with his mother.
(d) The media.
5. What role does Nelson's mother play in the local PFLAG organization?
(d) Vice President.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the point of view of the novel?
2. How does Debra appear to feel about the group Nelson wants to start at the high school?
3. What does Jack Ransom do to Nelson to be sentenced to court probation?
4. Why do the kids at school dislike Nelson?
5. What does Nelson give to Kyle at school in Chapter 2?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)