|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten (Jason).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kyle tell Nelson about Jason in Chapter 6?
(a) That he gave him a ride home.
(b) That Jason broke up with Debra.
(c) That he no longer likes him.
(d) That he kissed him.
2. Why does Jason feel he cannot talk about his confusion about his sexuality with his father?
(a) He does not want to burden his father with his problems.
(b) His father is an absentee dad.
(c) His father would think differently about him.
(d) He is afraid his father would kill him.
3. What happens when Nelson's mother complains to the principal about the bullying Nelson experiences with Jack Ransom?
(a) The principal says that Nelson needs to control his temper.
(b) The principal says that Nelson should go to a different school.
(c) The principal says that Nelson brings it on himself.
(d) The principal says that Nelson should stop dressing oddly.
4. What does Jason spend most of the movie, in Chapter 4, thinking about?
(a) His attraction to one of the actors.
(b) His unhappiness in his relationship with Debra.
(c) His father.
(d) His friends' comments about gays.
5. Who meets Nelson and Kyle in the parking lot after school in Chapter 5?
(a) Blake and his friends.
(b) Jack Ransom and his friends.
(c) Jason and his friends.
(d) Shea and her friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kyle have a picture of Jason he often looks at?
2. What bothers Jason about his intimate relationship with Debra, as he expresses in Chapter 4?
3. With whom does Nelson's mother suggest Nelson is in love in Chapter 6?
4. What does Nelson think Jason is most frightened of?
5. What does Kyle's father show him when he gets home in Chapter 2?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)