|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten (Jason).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Nelson crave attention as he states in Chapter 3?
(a) His mother.
(d) His father.
2. What does Jason spend most of the movie, in Chapter 4, thinking about?
(a) His attraction to one of the actors.
(b) His unhappiness in his relationship with Debra.
(c) His father.
(d) His friends' comments about gays.
3. Where does Kyle go for some privacy in Chapter 8?
(a) The library.
(b) The family car.
(d) A park across from Jason's house.
4. What does Nelson think Jason is most frightened of?
(a) Jack Ransom bullying him.
(b) Debra learning he is gay.
(c) Kyle refusing to help him bring his math grade up.
(d) The coach learning he is gay.
5. Why does Jason think his friends would not be supportive if he came out as gay to them?
(a) They are self-centered and would worry how it would look to others.
(b) They make gay jokes.
(c) They bully kids like Nelson.
(d) They are afraid of things they do not understand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack Ransom do to Nelson to be sentenced to court probation?
2. What does Nelson say is the purpose of the new club he and Kyle want to start at the high school?
3. Why does Jason not want to talk about what happened between he and Kyle in the theater?
4. What does Debra talk about during the dance that makes Jason unhappy?
5. Who meets Nelson and Kyle in the parking lot after school in Chapter 5?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)