|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight (Kyle).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Nelson's mother complains to the principal about the bullying Nelson experiences with Jack Ransom?
(a) The principal says that Nelson needs to control his temper.
(b) The principal says that Nelson should stop dressing oddly.
(c) The principal says that Nelson should go to a different school.
(d) The principal says that Nelson brings it on himself.
2. Why does Jason feel he cannot talk about his confusion about his sexuality with his father?
(a) His father would think differently about him.
(b) He is afraid his father would kill him.
(c) He does not want to burden his father with his problems.
(d) His father is an absentee dad.
3. What question does Kyle fail to answer in the parking lot after school when he and Nelson are approached by a small group of people?
(a) Whether he is Nelson's friend.
(b) Whether he wants to join the GSA.
(c) Whether he is a member of the Rainbow Youth.
(d) Whether he is gay.
4. What does Nelson say is the purpose of the new club he and Kyle want to start at the high school?
(a) To provide dating services for all students.
(b) To promote tolerance.
(c) To raise money for athletic clubs.
(d) To give gays a social outlet.
5. Why does Kyle wish Nelson would not hang around him at lunch the Monday after the Rainbow Youth meeting?
(a) He no longer wishes to be friends with Nelson.
(b) He is embarrassed by Nelson's appearance.
(c) So no one will figure out he is gay.
(d) So Jason will feel free to talk to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who meets Nelson and Kyle in the parking lot after school in Chapter 5?
2. What does Kyle knock over while trying to help Jason that draws attention to them?
3. Who interrupts Kyle's conversation at school with Jason the Monday after the Rainbow Youth meeting?
4. What does Kyle say is the cause of his sexuality?
5. What kind of music does Kyle play for Jason during their tutoring session?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)