|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight (Kyle).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When doers Kyle first realize he is different from other boys his age?
(a) When his father first takes him to see a sports game.
(b) When he first sees Jason.
(c) When he is very young.
(d) When he meets Nelson.
2. What special treat does Kyle do for his parents after school in Chapter 8?
(a) Washes the family car.
(b) Makes dinner.
(c) Gives the family pet a bath.
(d) Cleans the whole house.
3. Why does Kyle choose to join the swim team?
(a) He is not good at any other sport.
(b) To make his mother happy.
(c) He wants to impress Jason.
(d) He thinks it will help his social life.
4. What type of friends does Kyle's father wish Kyle had?
(a) Popular kids.
5. What does Nelson say is the purpose of the new club he and Kyle want to start at the high school?
(a) To give gays a social outlet.
(b) To promote tolerance.
(c) To raise money for athletic clubs.
(d) To provide dating services for all students.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the principal ask Nelson to do about his behavior?
2. What type of homework does Kyle's father help him complete in Chapter 5?
3. What is the nature of the hotline Jason calls over the summer?
4. From whom does Nelson crave attention as he states in Chapter 3?
5. How many times does Jason walk around the block before finally entering the Rainbow Youth meeting?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)