|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight (Kyle).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nelson get angry with Kyle in Chapter 3?
(a) For not standing up against Jack for him.
(b) For thinking he might have told about Jason and the Rainbow Youth meeting.
(c) For not admiring his hair.
(d) For making him walk alone in the rain.
2. What does Jason find in his mother's purse in Chapter 4 while looking for money?
(a) A gun.
(b) A pamphlet for Rainbow Youth.
(c) A can of pepper spray.
(d) A pamphlet for Al-Anon.
3. Who meets Nelson and Kyle in the parking lot after school in Chapter 5?
(a) Jack Ransom and his friends.
(b) Blake and his friends.
(c) Shea and her friends.
(d) Jason and his friends.
4. Where do Jason and Debra park after the dance in Chapter 7?
(a) In a deserted parking lot.
(b) Outside her house.
(c) A deserted country road.
(d) The golf course.
5. What does Jack Ransom do to Nelson to be sentenced to court probation?
(a) Punches him in the locker room.
(b) Ties him to a flag pole, naked.
(c) Kicks him and shoves his face in the toilet.
(d) Knocks his lunch tray from his hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupies Kyle's thoughts at the beginning of Chapter 8?
2. How many times does Jason walk around the block before finally entering the Rainbow Youth meeting?
3. What does Kyle's mother say he will never have because he is gay?
4. What does Nelson think Jason is most frightened of?
5. What is the nature of the hotline Jason calls over the summer?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)