|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight (Kyle).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Caitlin?
(a) Kyle's cousin.
(b) Nelson's cousin.
(c) Shea's girlfriend.
(d) Blake's girlfriend.
2. What magazine do Nelson and Kyle study in Chapter 6?
(b) Ladies' Home Journal.
(c) Sports Illustrated.
(d) Honcho, a gay man's magazine.
3. What does Kyle say is the cause of his sexuality?
(a) He was born that way.
(b) His relationship with his mother.
(c) Sexual abuse by an aunt.
(d) The media.
4. Why does Jason feel he cannot talk about his confusion about his sexuality with his father?
(a) His father would think differently about him.
(b) He is afraid his father would kill him.
(c) He does not want to burden his father with his problems.
(d) His father is an absentee dad.
5. Where do Jason and Debra park after the dance in Chapter 7?
(a) The golf course.
(b) A deserted country road.
(c) In a deserted parking lot.
(d) Outside her house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the point of view of the novel?
2. Where does Kyle go for some privacy in Chapter 8?
3. Who is Ms. MacTrough?
4. Why does Nelson go to Shea's at the beginning of Chapter 3?
5. What kind of organization does Debra say Nelson wants to start at the high school?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)