|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six (Nelson).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Debra appear to feel about the group Nelson wants to start at the high school?
(b) She opposes it.
(c) She does not care one way or the other.
(d) She finds it outrageous based on religious beliefs.
2. What college is thought to have a great lesbian community, as discussed in Chapter 6?
3. What is the point of view of the novel?
(a) First person omniscient.
(b) Second person.
(c) First person.
(d) Third person limited.
4. Who interrupts Kyle's conversation at school with Jason the Monday after the Rainbow Youth meeting?
5. What is the nature of the hotline Jason calls over the summer?
(a) A hotline to help teens who are suicidal.
(b) A hotline to help teens with financial problems.
(c) A hotline to help teens deal with issues concerning their sexuality.
(d) A hotline to help teens whose parents are alcholics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Nelson's mother complains to the principal about the bullying Nelson experiences with Jack Ransom?
2. How many times does Jason walk around the block before finally entering the Rainbow Youth meeting?
3. What does Kyle's father show him when he gets home in Chapter 2?
4. What does Kyle tell Nelson about Jason in Chapter 6?
5. How many narrators are there in this novel?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)