|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six (Nelson).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Nelson crave attention as he states in Chapter 3?
(a) His father.
(c) His mother.
2. What nickname do the kids at school have for Nelson?
3. Why does Jason not want to end his relationship with Debra despite his feelings he might be gay?
(a) He likes her too much.
(b) He is afraid of what his father will think.
(c) He is afraid of what people will say.
(d) He does not want to hurt her.
4. Who does Nelson suggest Kyle take to this upcoming social event that is discussed in Chapter 6?
5. Why does Jason think his friends would not be supportive if he came out as gay to them?
(a) They are afraid of things they do not understand.
(b) They bully kids like Nelson.
(c) They are self-centered and would worry how it would look to others.
(d) They make gay jokes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kyle knock over while trying to help Jason that draws attention to them?
2. What is the nature of the hotline Jason calls over the summer?
3. What does Jack Ransom do to Nelson to be sentenced to court probation?
4. What does Nelson give to Jason before he leaves the meeting?
5. Why is Nelson unhappy with his appearance?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)