|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four (Jason).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Nelson unhappy with his appearance?
(a) He dislikes the color of his eyes.
(b) He thinks he is boring.
(c) He thinks his looks are causing the bullying at school.
(d) He wants to attract women.
2. What does Kyle knock over while trying to help Jason that draws attention to them?
(c) A podium.
3. What does Nelson give to Kyle at school in Chapter 2?
(a) A button with a gay slogan.
(b) A tape of a music group.
(c) A letter from Jason.
(d) An invitation to a party.
4. How many narrators are there in this novel?
5. Why does Jason not want to end his relationship with Debra despite his feelings he might be gay?
(a) He is afraid of what people will say.
(b) He likes her too much.
(c) He is afraid of what his father will think.
(d) He does not want to hurt her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nelson go to Shea's at the beginning of Chapter 3?
2. What item does Jason wear in Chapter 4 that his father tells him to take off?
3. What kind of organization does Debra say Nelson wants to start at the high school?
4. From whom does Nelson crave attention as he states in Chapter 3?
5. What happens when Nelson's mother complains to the principal about the bullying Nelson experiences with Jack Ransom?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)