|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four (Jason).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nelson go to Shea's at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) To get a haircut.
(b) To complain about Jason.
(c) To see her new dog.
(d) To talk about college applications.
2. Why does Kyle wish Nelson would not hang around him at lunch the Monday after the Rainbow Youth meeting?
(a) He no longer wishes to be friends with Nelson.
(b) He is embarrassed by Nelson's appearance.
(c) So Jason will feel free to talk to him.
(d) So no one will figure out he is gay.
3. Why does Jason feel he cannot talk about his confusion about his sexuality with his father?
(a) He does not want to burden his father with his problems.
(b) His father is an absentee dad.
(c) His father would think differently about him.
(d) He is afraid his father would kill him.
4. What does Kyle give Nelson in Chapter 3?
(a) A new earring.
(b) His umbrella.
(c) His sweatshirt.
(d) A new phone.
5. Who gives Jason the item he is wearing in Chapter 4 of which his father disapproves?
(b) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Nelson's mother complains to the principal about the bullying Nelson experiences with Jack Ransom?
2. How many narrators are there in this novel?
3. Who is Debra?
4. What drawing does Jason's sister show to him in Chapter 4?
5. Why does Jason not want to end his relationship with Debra despite his feelings he might be gay?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)