|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four (Jason).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of friends does Kyle's father wish Kyle had?
(a) Popular kids.
2. What drawing does Jason's sister show to him in Chapter 4?
(a) A drawing of the family cat.
(b) A drawing of him.
(c) A drawing of the family, minus their father.
(d) A drawing of Debra.
3. Why is Nelson unhappy with his appearance?
(a) He thinks his looks are causing the bullying at school.
(b) He thinks he is boring.
(c) He dislikes the color of his eyes.
(d) He wants to attract women.
4. What kind of organization does Debra say Nelson wants to start at the high school?
(a) A Rainbow Youth club.
(b) A teen court group.
(c) A Gay-Straight Alliance.
(d) A Gay dating group.
5. Why does Nelson go to Shea's at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) To talk about college applications.
(b) To see her new dog.
(c) To complain about Jason.
(d) To get a haircut.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kyle choose to join the swim team?
2. What is the point of view of the novel?
3. Why does Jason think his friends would not be supportive if he came out as gay to them?
4. When doers Kyle first realize he is different from other boys his age?
5. What does Jason find in his mother's purse in Chapter 4 while looking for money?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)