|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four (Jason).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack Ransom do to Nelson to be sentenced to court probation?
(a) Ties him to a flag pole, naked.
(b) Punches him in the locker room.
(c) Kicks him and shoves his face in the toilet.
(d) Knocks his lunch tray from his hands.
2. What does Jason find in his mother's purse in Chapter 4 while looking for money?
(a) A pamphlet for Rainbow Youth.
(b) A can of pepper spray.
(c) A gun.
(d) A pamphlet for Al-Anon.
3. What does Nelson give to Jason before he leaves the meeting?
(a) A flyer for a party.
(b) Kyle's phone number.
(c) A button with a gay slogan.
(d) His phone number.
4. What does Kyle's father show him when he gets home in Chapter 2?
(a) Tickets to the circus.
(b) Tickets to the Redskins game the Sunday after Thanksgiving.
(c) Tickets to Cats.
(d) Tickets to an amusement park.
5. Why do the kids at school dislike Nelson?
(a) He is unattractive.
(b) He is a bully.
(c) He is a loner.
(d) He is openly gay and flamboyant in his personality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kyle choose to join the swim team?
2. What item does Jason wear in Chapter 4 that his father tells him to take off?
3. When doers Kyle first realize he is different from other boys his age?
4. What is the nature of the hotline Jason calls over the summer?
5. Why does Nelson go to Shea's at the beginning of Chapter 3?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)