|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven (Jason).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack Ransom do to Nelson to be sentenced to court probation?
(a) Knocks his lunch tray from his hands.
(b) Punches him in the locker room.
(c) Ties him to a flag pole, naked.
(d) Kicks him and shoves his face in the toilet.
2. Why does Kyle wish Nelson would not hang around him at lunch the Monday after the Rainbow Youth meeting?
(a) He no longer wishes to be friends with Nelson.
(b) He is embarrassed by Nelson's appearance.
(c) So Jason will feel free to talk to him.
(d) So no one will figure out he is gay.
3. Where do Jason and Debra park after the dance in Chapter 7?
(a) In a deserted parking lot.
(b) Outside her house.
(c) The golf course.
(d) A deserted country road.
4. Why does Jason think his friends would not be supportive if he came out as gay to them?
(a) They are self-centered and would worry how it would look to others.
(b) They make gay jokes.
(c) They bully kids like Nelson.
(d) They are afraid of things they do not understand.
5. For what reason does Jason fear failing his math class?
(a) He will not be accepted to Harvard.
(b) He will lose his chance at a basketball scholarship.
(c) He will not graduate.
(d) His father will be disappointed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jason not want to end his relationship with Debra despite his feelings he might be gay?
2. What does Nelson think Kyle smells of most of the time?
3. What does Nelson think Jason is most frightened of?
4. Why do Nelson and Kyle go to see Ms. MacTrough in Chapter 5?
5. Who interrupts Kyle's conversation at school with Jason the Monday after the Rainbow Youth meeting?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)