|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven (Jason).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Nelson's mother complains to the principal about the bullying Nelson experiences with Jack Ransom?
(a) The principal says that Nelson brings it on himself.
(b) The principal says that Nelson should go to a different school.
(c) The principal says that Nelson should stop dressing oddly.
(d) The principal says that Nelson needs to control his temper.
2. What does Nelson say is the purpose of the new club he and Kyle want to start at the high school?
(a) To provide dating services for all students.
(b) To give gays a social outlet.
(c) To raise money for athletic clubs.
(d) To promote tolerance.
3. What does Kyle's father show him when he gets home in Chapter 2?
(a) Tickets to an amusement park.
(b) Tickets to the Redskins game the Sunday after Thanksgiving.
(c) Tickets to the circus.
(d) Tickets to Cats.
4. Why do the kids at school dislike Nelson?
(a) He is a bully.
(b) He is a loner.
(c) He is openly gay and flamboyant in his personality.
(d) He is unattractive.
5. Why does Kyle wish Nelson would not hang around him at lunch the Monday after the Rainbow Youth meeting?
(a) So Jason will feel free to talk to him.
(b) He is embarrassed by Nelson's appearance.
(c) So no one will figure out he is gay.
(d) He no longer wishes to be friends with Nelson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item of clothing does Kyle constantly wear, no matter the circumstances or weather?
2. How long have Debra and Jason been dating as mentioned by Debra in Chapter 7?
3. Why does Jason not want to end his relationship with Debra despite his feelings he might be gay?
4. What does Nelson think Kyle smells of most of the time?
5. What nickname do the kids at school have for Nelson?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)