|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen (Jason).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kyle say is the cause of his sexuality?
(a) The media.
(b) He was born that way.
(c) Sexual abuse by an aunt.
(d) His relationship with his mother.
2. What does Nelson think Kyle smells of most of the time?
(a) Chlorine from the pool.
3. How does Jason's mother react when Jason's father breaks his stereo?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She does nothing.
(c) She cries.
(d) She criticizes him and takes Jason out to dinner.
4. Why does Jason not want to talk about what happened between he and Kyle in the theater?
(a) He wants to pretend it did not happen.
(b) He does not want to lead Kyle on.
(c) He thinks there is nothing to talk about.
(d) He wants Kyle to bring it up.
5. Why does Nelson get angry with Kyle in Chapter 3?
(a) For not standing up against Jack for him.
(b) For making him walk alone in the rain.
(c) For not admiring his hair.
(d) For thinking he might have told about Jason and the Rainbow Youth meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kyle not tell his mother what is on his mind in the beginning of Chapter 8?
2. What does Kyle reveal he was afraid his parents would do when they learned about his sexuality?
3. From whom does Nelson crave attention as he states in Chapter 3?
4. Who wakes Kyle the next morning, in Chapter 8?
5. Who does Kyle's father blame for Kyle's idea that he is gay?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)