|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen (Jason).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Nelson's mother complains to the principal about the bullying Nelson experiences with Jack Ransom?
(a) The principal says that Nelson needs to control his temper.
(b) The principal says that Nelson brings it on himself.
(c) The principal says that Nelson should go to a different school.
(d) The principal says that Nelson should stop dressing oddly.
2. Why does Jason turn up the sound on his stereo in Chapter 13, causing his father to become angry?
(a) It's just a habit.
(b) His parents are fighting.
(c) To hear it better.
(d) To shut out the memory of Debra's anger.
3. Who is Caitlin?
(a) Nelson's cousin.
(b) Blake's girlfriend.
(c) Kyle's cousin.
(d) Shea's girlfriend.
4. What does Jack Ransom do to Nelson to be sentenced to court probation?
(a) Punches him in the locker room.
(b) Ties him to a flag pole, naked.
(c) Kicks him and shoves his face in the toilet.
(d) Knocks his lunch tray from his hands.
5. Why does Jason not want to talk about what happened between he and Kyle in the theater?
(a) He thinks there is nothing to talk about.
(b) He does not want to lead Kyle on.
(c) He wants Kyle to bring it up.
(d) He wants to pretend it did not happen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupies Kyle's thoughts at the beginning of Chapter 8?
2. Why does Kyle not tell his mother what is on his mind in the beginning of Chapter 8?
3. What does Nelson say is the purpose of the new club he and Kyle want to start at the high school?
4. What item does Debra return to Jason when they break up?
5. What question does Kyle fail to answer in the parking lot after school when he and Nelson are approached by a small group of people?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)