|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen (Jason).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jason's mother react when Jason's father breaks his stereo?
(a) She cries.
(b) She criticizes him and takes Jason out to dinner.
(c) She does nothing.
(d) She laughs.
2. What happens when Nelson's mother complains to the principal about the bullying Nelson experiences with Jack Ransom?
(a) The principal says that Nelson needs to control his temper.
(b) The principal says that Nelson should stop dressing oddly.
(c) The principal says that Nelson should go to a different school.
(d) The principal says that Nelson brings it on himself.
3. Why is Nelson unhappy with his appearance?
(a) He thinks his looks are causing the bullying at school.
(b) He dislikes the color of his eyes.
(c) He thinks he is boring.
(d) He wants to attract women.
4. From whom does Nelson crave attention as he states in Chapter 3?
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
5. Who is Ms. MacTrough?
(a) The art teacher at the high school.
(b) The English teacher at the high school.
(c) The guidance counselor at the high school.
(d) The math teacher at the high school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupies Kyle's thoughts at the beginning of Chapter 8?
2. What word does Kyle's mother use to describe Nelson?
3. What does Kyle reveal he was afraid his parents would do when they learned about his sexuality?
4. What does Kyle's mother find on the floor of Kyle's room in Chapter 8?
5. Who does Kyle's father blame for Kyle's idea that he is gay?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)