|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen (Jason).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kyle reveal he was afraid his parents would do when they learned about his sexuality?
(a) They would disown him.
(b) They would stop loving him.
(c) That they would kick him out.
(d) They would physically harm him.
2. What special treat does Kyle do for his parents after school in Chapter 8?
(a) Makes dinner.
(b) Washes the family car.
(c) Gives the family pet a bath.
(d) Cleans the whole house.
3. Who offers Kyle some congratulations for telling his parents about his sexuality?
(d) Nelson's mother.
4. How does Jason's mother react when Jason's father breaks his stereo?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She does nothing.
(c) She cries.
(d) She criticizes him and takes Jason out to dinner.
5. What happens when Nelson's mother complains to the principal about the bullying Nelson experiences with Jack Ransom?
(a) The principal says that Nelson should stop dressing oddly.
(b) The principal says that Nelson needs to control his temper.
(c) The principal says that Nelson brings it on himself.
(d) The principal says that Nelson should go to a different school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kyle not tell his mother what is on his mind in the beginning of Chapter 8?
2. What does Kyle say is the cause of his sexuality?
3. Why does Jason let go of Kyle's hand in the movie theater in Chapter 10?
4. Why does Nelson get angry with Kyle in Chapter 3?
5. What occupies Kyle's thoughts at the beginning of Chapter 8?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)