|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen (Kyle).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What overwhelming emotion does Kyle's mother admit to feeling in the aftermath of learning about his sexuality?
2. What reason does Kyle give for not reporting the harassing phone calls he has received to the school authorities?
(a) He is embarassed.
(b) He can handle it.
(c) He does not want to draw more attention to himself.
(d) They will not do anything.
3. What does Kyle suddenly realize about Nelson at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) That he has a crush on Kyle.
(b) That he misses his father.
(c) That he has a crush on Jason.
(d) That he is lonely.
4. What magazine do Nelson and Kyle study in Chapter 6?
(a) Sports Illustrated.
(c) Honcho, a gay man's magazine.
(d) Ladies' Home Journal.
5. Who brings up the subject of girlfriends at Kyle's family Thanksgiving celebration?
(a) His uncle.
(b) A cousin.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. On whose side does Nelson fall when Kyle tells Nelson about Jason's refusal to allow Kyle to sit with him in the cafeteria?
2. What does Kyle reveal to his father that he has always disliked in Chapter 11?
3. What excuse does Nelson give Kyle for not using protection during his encounter with Brick?
4. What does Kyle tell Nelson about Jason in Chapter 6?
5. What new hairstyle does Nelson get in Chapter 6?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)