|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen (Kyle).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nelson searching for as his mother rushes him to get to school in Chapter 6?
(a) His books.
(b) His favorite shirt.
(c) His camera.
(d) His cellphone.
2. What does Kyle suddenly realize about Nelson at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) That he has a crush on Jason.
(b) That he is lonely.
(c) That he misses his father.
(d) That he has a crush on Kyle.
3. For what reason does Nelson reveal his mother has grounded him in Chapter 17?
(a) For drinking.
(b) For disappearing the night he met Brick.
(c) For taking the car without permission.
(d) For smoking in the house.
4. What does Kyle tell Nelson about Jason in Chapter 6?
(a) That he kissed him.
(b) That he gave him a ride home.
(c) That Jason broke up with Debra.
(d) That he no longer likes him.
5. What overwhelming emotion does Kyle's mother admit to feeling in the aftermath of learning about his sexuality?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nelson suggest Kyle take to this upcoming social event that is discussed in Chapter 6?
2. With whom does Nelson's mother suggest Nelson is in love in Chapter 6?
3. What reason does Kyle give for not reporting the harassing phone calls he has received to the school authorities?
4. To what is Fenner Farley opposed in Chapter 11?
5. What excuse does Nelson give Kyle for not using protection during his encounter with Brick?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)