|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen (Kyle).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kyle go to see Nelson in Chapter 17?
(a) To work on homework together.
(b) To hide from his parents.
(c) Nelson has not been to school.
(d) To vent about Jason.
2. To what is Fenner Farley opposed in Chapter 11?
(a) Nelson in general.
(b) The GSA.
(c) Bullying in schools.
3. What reason does Kyle give his parents for not telling them sooner about the harassment he has suffered due to his sexuality?
(a) He thought they would not care.
(b) He thought they would think it was his fault.
(c) He thought there was nothing they could do.
(d) He thought they would make too big a deal out of it.
4. Who does Nelson suggest Kyle take to this upcoming social event that is discussed in Chapter 6?
5. What does Kyle suddenly realize about Nelson at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) That he has a crush on Jason.
(b) That he misses his father.
(c) That he has a crush on Kyle.
(d) That he is lonely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings up the subject of girlfriends at Kyle's family Thanksgiving celebration?
2. Who is applying to colleges, as discussed in Chapter 6?
3. What is different about Kyle's appearance in Chapter 6?
4. For what reason does Nelson reveal his mother has grounded him in Chapter 17?
5. What overwhelming emotion does Kyle's mother admit to feeling in the aftermath of learning about his sexuality?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)