|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen (Kyle).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about Kyle's appearance in Chapter 6?
(a) His braces are off.
(b) He has new shoes.
(c) He has new glasses.
(d) He has new clothes.
2. What reason does Kyle give his parents for not telling them sooner about the harassment he has suffered due to his sexuality?
(a) He thought they would not care.
(b) He thought they would make too big a deal out of it.
(c) He thought there was nothing they could do.
(d) He thought they would think it was his fault.
3. What does Kyle reveal to his father that he has always disliked in Chapter 11?
(a) Going to grandma's.
(c) Family vacations.
4. What magazine do Nelson and Kyle study in Chapter 6?
(b) Honcho, a gay man's magazine.
(c) Ladies' Home Journal.
(d) Sports Illustrated.
5. What is Nelson searching for as his mother rushes him to get to school in Chapter 6?
(a) His camera.
(b) His books.
(c) His cellphone.
(d) His favorite shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. On whose side does Nelson fall when Kyle tells Nelson about Jason's refusal to allow Kyle to sit with him in the cafeteria?
2. Who does Nelson suggest Kyle take to this upcoming social event that is discussed in Chapter 6?
3. Why does Kyle go to see Nelson in Chapter 17?
4. What college is thought to have a great lesbian community, as discussed in Chapter 6?
5. What overwhelming emotion does Kyle's mother admit to feeling in the aftermath of learning about his sexuality?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)