|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen (Kyle).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Nelson give Kyle for not using protection during his encounter with Brick?
(a) He was embarassed.
(b) He assumed Brick would take care of it.
(c) He forgot.
(d) He was afraid to ask.
2. What reason does Kyle give for not reporting the harassing phone calls he has received to the school authorities?
(a) They will not do anything.
(b) He does not want to draw more attention to himself.
(c) He is embarassed.
(d) He can handle it.
3. What college is thought to have a great lesbian community, as discussed in Chapter 6?
4. What does Kyle reveal to his father that he has always disliked in Chapter 11?
(c) Going to grandma's.
(d) Family vacations.
5. Who is Fenner Farley?
(a) The school principal.
(b) A religious student at the high school.
(c) A teacher at the school.
(d) Nelson's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nelson suggest Kyle take to this upcoming social event that is discussed in Chapter 6?
2. Who does Nelson turn to when he is angry with Kyle in Chapter 6?
3. On whose side does Nelson fall when Kyle tells Nelson about Jason's refusal to allow Kyle to sit with him in the cafeteria?
4. Who is applying to colleges, as discussed in Chapter 6?
5. What overwhelming emotion does Kyle's mother admit to feeling in the aftermath of learning about his sexuality?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)