|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen (Kyle).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Nelson give Kyle for not using protection during his encounter with Brick?
(a) He was afraid to ask.
(b) He was embarassed.
(c) He forgot.
(d) He assumed Brick would take care of it.
2. What reason does Kyle give his parents for not telling them sooner about the harassment he has suffered due to his sexuality?
(a) He thought they would make too big a deal out of it.
(b) He thought there was nothing they could do.
(c) He thought they would not care.
(d) He thought they would think it was his fault.
3. What does Kyle suddenly realize about Nelson at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) That he has a crush on Kyle.
(b) That he misses his father.
(c) That he has a crush on Jason.
(d) That he is lonely.
4. For what reason does Nelson reveal his mother has grounded him in Chapter 17?
(a) For smoking in the house.
(b) For drinking.
(c) For taking the car without permission.
(d) For disappearing the night he met Brick.
5. What overwhelming emotion does Kyle's mother admit to feeling in the aftermath of learning about his sexuality?
Short Answer Questions
1. On whose side does Nelson fall when Kyle tells Nelson about Jason's refusal to allow Kyle to sit with him in the cafeteria?
2. To what is Fenner Farley opposed in Chapter 11?
3. Why is Kyle unsure about keeping the magazine at his house?
4. What does Kyle reveal to his father that he has always disliked in Chapter 11?
5. What upcoming social event do Nelson and Kyle talk about in Chapter 6?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)