|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen (Kyle).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Nelson reveal his mother has grounded him in Chapter 17?
(a) For drinking.
(b) For disappearing the night he met Brick.
(c) For smoking in the house.
(d) For taking the car without permission.
2. What reason does Kyle give for not reporting the harassing phone calls he has received to the school authorities?
(a) They will not do anything.
(b) He is embarassed.
(c) He does not want to draw more attention to himself.
(d) He can handle it.
3. Why is Kyle unsure about keeping the magazine at his house?
(a) He might lose it.
(b) He is afraid his father might find it.
(c) He does not feel comfortable looking at it.
(d) His mother might see it.
4. What does Kyle reveal to his father that he has always disliked in Chapter 11?
(a) Going to grandma's.
(c) Family vacations.
5. What is Nelson searching for as his mother rushes him to get to school in Chapter 6?
(a) His books.
(b) His cellphone.
(c) His favorite shirt.
(d) His camera.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nelson suggest Kyle take to this upcoming social event that is discussed in Chapter 6?
2. What reason does Kyle give his parents for not telling them sooner about the harassment he has suffered due to his sexuality?
3. What is different about Kyle's appearance in Chapter 6?
4. What does Kyle tell Nelson about Jason in Chapter 6?
5. What does Kyle suddenly realize about Nelson at the end of Chapter 11?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)