|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen (Kyle).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nelson suggest Kyle take to this upcoming social event that is discussed in Chapter 6?
2. To what is Fenner Farley opposed in Chapter 11?
(a) Bullying in schools.
(b) Nelson in general.
(d) The GSA.
3. Who is Fenner Farley?
(a) Nelson's father.
(b) A religious student at the high school.
(c) The school principal.
(d) A teacher at the school.
4. What magazine do Nelson and Kyle study in Chapter 6?
(a) Ladies' Home Journal.
(b) Sports Illustrated.
(d) Honcho, a gay man's magazine.
5. Why does Kyle go to see Nelson in Chapter 17?
(a) To vent about Jason.
(b) To hide from his parents.
(c) To work on homework together.
(d) Nelson has not been to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What overwhelming emotion does Kyle's mother admit to feeling in the aftermath of learning about his sexuality?
2. On whose side does Nelson fall when Kyle tells Nelson about Jason's refusal to allow Kyle to sit with him in the cafeteria?
3. What college is thought to have a great lesbian community, as discussed in Chapter 6?
4. What is Nelson searching for as his mother rushes him to get to school in Chapter 6?
5. Who brings up the subject of girlfriends at Kyle's family Thanksgiving celebration?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)