|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen (Kyle).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings up the subject of girlfriends at Kyle's family Thanksgiving celebration?
(a) His aunt.
(b) A cousin.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His uncle.
2. What reason does Kyle give for not reporting the harassing phone calls he has received to the school authorities?
(a) He can handle it.
(b) He is embarassed.
(c) He does not want to draw more attention to himself.
(d) They will not do anything.
3. What college is thought to have a great lesbian community, as discussed in Chapter 6?
4. Who does Nelson turn to when he is angry with Kyle in Chapter 6?
(a) His mother.
5. What reason does Kyle give his parents for not telling them sooner about the harassment he has suffered due to his sexuality?
(a) He thought there was nothing they could do.
(b) He thought they would think it was his fault.
(c) He thought they would make too big a deal out of it.
(d) He thought they would not care.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Kyle unsure about keeping the magazine at his house?
2. What does Kyle suddenly realize about Nelson at the end of Chapter 11?
3. On whose side does Nelson fall when Kyle tells Nelson about Jason's refusal to allow Kyle to sit with him in the cafeteria?
4. What overwhelming emotion does Kyle's mother admit to feeling in the aftermath of learning about his sexuality?
5. Who is Fenner Farley?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)