|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen (Kyle).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Nelson reveal his mother has grounded him in Chapter 17?
(a) For smoking in the house.
(b) For drinking.
(c) For disappearing the night he met Brick.
(d) For taking the car without permission.
2. With whom does Nelson's mother suggest Nelson is in love in Chapter 6?
3. Who brings up the subject of girlfriends at Kyle's family Thanksgiving celebration?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) A cousin.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His aunt.
4. What reason does Kyle give for not reporting the harassing phone calls he has received to the school authorities?
(a) He does not want to draw more attention to himself.
(b) They will not do anything.
(c) He is embarassed.
(d) He can handle it.
5. Why does Kyle go to see Nelson in Chapter 17?
(a) Nelson has not been to school.
(b) To work on homework together.
(c) To hide from his parents.
(d) To vent about Jason.
Short Answer Questions
1. What overwhelming emotion does Kyle's mother admit to feeling in the aftermath of learning about his sexuality?
2. What excuse does Nelson give Kyle for not using protection during his encounter with Brick?
3. What does Kyle suddenly realize about Nelson at the end of Chapter 11?
4. Why is Kyle unsure about keeping the magazine at his house?
5. Who does Nelson turn to when he is angry with Kyle in Chapter 6?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)