|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Davidson wrong about?
2. What word describes Thompson's new look?
3. Describe Thompson's room.
4. What does Macphail give to Thompson?
5. What concern surrounds the request?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the governor's opinion of Davidson?
2. What is the main activity in the house over the next four days?
3. What is Thompson's reaction to Davidson's solution to her problem? What happens next?
4. What is the purpose for Macphail's visit to Thompson's room? What does he find?
5. What is Davidson's solution to Thompson's predicament?
6. What are Macphail's thoughts regarding the confession?
7. What is the outcome of the meeting? What is Davidson's reaction?
8. How does Thompson's demeanor change toward Davidson and the others?
9. Why does Thompson meet with the governor? What is the outcome?
10. What happens the night before Thompson is due to leave the island for San Francisco?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Give an overview of the personality of Horn. What is unusual about the man? What about Horn contradicts the appearance the man chooses to present? What is the collective opinion of the travelers about Horn? What is Horn's status in the community?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the personalities and characteristics of Macphail and Davidson.
Essay Topic 3
Thompson is clearly a manipulative and powerful woman. Examine the woman's motives. Why do you think she was on the island? What is her back story? What was the crime she committed in San Francisco? What was the right decision made by the governor in regards to the deportation? What might happen to Thompson in the near future?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)