|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Mr. Davidson compared?
2. Who does not join the group under the shelter?
3. What is the name of the trader?
4. What is the shared occupation of the Davidsons?
5. What does Macphail see in the morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What invitation is issued after the matter is settled?
2. What is the general reaction of the travelers?
3. What is Davidson's epiphany regarding Thompson?
4. At this point, how far are the travelers from their destination?
5. What is the governor's opinion of Davidson?
6. What interrupts and annoys the travelers during high tea?
7. What bad news is brought by Davidson?
8. What is the confession Mrs. Davidson makes to Dr. Macphail?
9. How does Thompson's demeanor change toward Davidson and the others?
10. What occurs on Sunday? What is Davidson's reaction?
Essay Topic 1
Thompson had a plan to go to Australia. The plan was thwarted by Davidson's intervention with the governor. Discuss the steps taken by Davidson as well as his reasons. Explain the reaction of the governor. What was Thompson's reaction to the news of her foiled plan? What did Thompson do to try and reverse the decision?
Essay Topic 2
Macphail believes that many of Davidson's actions are more closely related to fascism than Christianity. Examine the use of religion in relation to leaders trying to get their own way and assert their authority over others. Give examples, results, and consequences.
Essay Topic 3
Explain in details the Davidsons' missionary experience. Include length of service, locations, and missions accomplished. What religion is most closely related to the Davidsons' ideals and actions? What kind of training would it take to become a missionary? How would you approach the job?
This section contains 1,285 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)