|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Davidson do after dinner?
(b) Writes a letter.
(d) Smokes a pipe.
2. What is Thompson's first name?
3. Davidson surmises what about Thompson?
(a) That she is underage.
(b) That she is the governor's daughter.
(c) That she ran away from home.
(d) That she is wanted for a crime.
4. What adjective does Macphail use to refer to the forces of nature?
5. What is Davidson's view of music on the Sabbath.
(a) It should be encouraged.
(b) It's improper.
(c) It is joyful.
(d) It is sacrilege.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Davidson is worried that her husband is doing what?
2. What item is missing from Thompson's wardrobe?
3. Where do the women walk?
4. Who do the women meet on the way?
5. What does the governor refuse to discuss?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the interaction between Thompson and the other travelers over the next few days.
2. What is the main activity in the house over the next four days?
3. Describe the encounter between Thompson and the other women. What is the result of Thompson's actions?
4. What is Davidson's new proclamation regarding Thompson and her character?
5. What happens the night before Thompson is due to leave the island for San Francisco?
6. How does Davidson arrange to meet with Thompson?
7. How does Thompson's demeanor change toward Davidson and the others?
8. Describe Macphail's visit to the governor.
9. What is Davidson's latest epiphany regarding Thompson and her reluctance to go to San Francisco?
10. Describe Thompson's physical change during this time.
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)