|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Thompson's potential sentence?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 3 years.
2. What activity is required by Davidson?
(a) Sitting shiva.
(b) Observing Sabbath.
3. Where does the confrontation take place?
(a) Governor's house.
(b) On the street.
(c) At dinner.
4. Where will Thompson go if she returns to the U.S.?
(b) Homeless shelter.
(d) Parents' house.
5. What is inferred by the mountains?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the red light district called in Hawaii?
2. What is Thompson's reaction?
3. What was Thompson's original destination?
4. How does Davidson feel about Thompson at this point in the story?
5. What was Davidson wrong about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Horn's forecast for the island's weather? Is this a common occurrence?
2. What is the purpose and plan surrounding Thompson's plea to Macphail?
3. How does Thompson's demeanor change toward Davidson and the others?
4. What is the confession Mrs. Davidson makes to Dr. Macphail?
5. Describe Thompson's physical change during this time.
6. What is Thompson's reaction to Davidson's solution to her problem? What happens next?
7. What is Macphail's reaction to the interaction between Davidson and Thompson?
8. Describe Macphail's visit to the governor.
9. What is the outcome of the meeting? What is Davidson's reaction?
10. What is Davidson's latest epiphany regarding Thompson and her reluctance to go to San Francisco?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)