|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the group recite?
(a) Gloria Patri.
(b) Bill of Rights.
(c) Lord's Prayer.
(d) Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Who spends time talking with Thompson?
3. To what does Davidson compare Thompson?
4. What about Thompson has supposedly changed?
(d) Musical taste.
5. To whom are the mountains related?
(b) Mrs. Davidson.
(c) Davidson's mother.
(d) Mrs. Macphail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what does Thompson agree to face?
2. What is Davidson's view of music on the Sabbath.
3. What does the governor refuse to discuss?
4. What adjective does Macphail use to refer to the forces of nature?
5. Who complains to Horn about the loud music?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the governor's opinion of Davidson?
2. Why does Thompson meet with the governor? What is the outcome?
3. What occurs on Sunday? What is Davidson's reaction?
4. What is Davidson's new proclamation regarding Thompson and her character?
5. What happens the night before Thompson is due to leave the island for San Francisco?
6. What is Thompson's reaction to Davidson's solution to her problem? What happens next?
7. What is Davidson's solution to Thompson's predicament?
8. Describe the interaction between Thompson and the other travelers over the next few days.
9. What are Macphail's thoughts regarding the confession?
10. What is the main activity in the house over the next four days?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)