|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fascinates Davidson?
(a) Thompson's transformation.
(b) Ship's log.
(c) Cure for measels.
(d) Color of sunset.
2. From what does Davidson suffer?
(b) Strange dreams.
3. Where will Thompson go if she returns to the U.S.?
(b) Parents' house.
(d) Homeless shelter.
4. What concern surrounds the request?
(a) Water supply.
(c) Travel arrangements.
5. Davidson equates crime to which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Thompson's first name?
2. How does Davidson view Thompson?
3. Who or what does Thompson agree to face?
4. What does Thompson ask for from Macphail?
5. What does the group recite?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the interaction between Thompson and the other travelers over the next few days.
2. What is the confession Mrs. Davidson makes to Dr. Macphail?
3. How has Davidson's opinion of Thompson changed? Why?
4. Describe Macphail's visit to the governor.
5. What is Macphail's reaction to the interaction between Davidson and Thompson?
6. What is the purpose for Macphail's visit to Thompson's room? What does he find?
7. What are Macphail's thoughts regarding the confession?
8. Describe the encounter between Thompson and the other women. What is the result of Thompson's actions?
9. How does Macphail respond to the weather?
10. What is Horn's forecast for the island's weather? Is this a common occurrence?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)