|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Davidson do after dinner?
(a) Smokes a pipe.
(c) Writes a letter.
2. What is inferred by the mountains?
3. How long does Thompson lament?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 12 hours.
4. Davidson attempts to use which of the following as a tool for persuasion?
(d) Political influence.
5. How does Macphail view Davidson?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what does Davidson suffer?
2. How long does the talk last?
3. What book does Thompson read?
4. Who spends time talking with Thompson?
5. What activity is required by Davidson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the governor's opinion of Davidson?
2. Describe Thompson's physical change during this time.
3. What is Davidson's new proclamation regarding Thompson and her character?
4. What is the outcome of the meeting? What is Davidson's reaction?
5. What is the confession Mrs. Davidson makes to Dr. Macphail?
6. What is Davidson's solution to Thompson's predicament?
7. What is the purpose for Macphail's visit to Thompson's room? What does he find?
8. How does Davidson arrange to meet with Thompson?
9. What is the purpose and plan surrounding Thompson's plea to Macphail?
10. What is Macphail's reaction to the interaction between Davidson and Thompson?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)