|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is offered to Thompson?
(b) Return ticket.
(c) Mercy of God.
(d) A new hotel room.
2. Mrs. Davidson is worried that her husband is doing what?
(a) Planning to run away.
(c) Overexerting himself.
3. What does Macphail give to Thompson?
4. What adjective is used to describe the governor?
5. What is Thompson's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Davidson feel about Thompson at this point in the story?
2. What item does Thompson wear constantly?
3. How long does the talk last?
4. To whom are the mountains related?
5. Davidson attempts to use which of the following as a tool for persuasion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Macphail's reaction to the interaction between Davidson and Thompson?
2. How does Davidson arrange to meet with Thompson?
3. Why does Thompson meet with the governor? What is the outcome?
4. What is Davidson's latest epiphany regarding Thompson and her reluctance to go to San Francisco?
5. What is the purpose for Macphail's visit to Thompson's room? What does he find?
6. Describe Macphail's visit to the governor.
7. What is the main activity in the house over the next four days?
8. What is the purpose and plan surrounding Thompson's plea to Macphail?
9. How does Thompson's demeanor change toward Davidson and the others?
10. How has Davidson's opinion of Thompson changed? Why?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)