|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Davidson surmises what about Thompson?
(a) That she is wanted for a crime.
(b) That she is the governor's daughter.
(c) That she is underage.
(d) That she ran away from home.
2. What is Davidson's view of music on the Sabbath.
(a) It should be encouraged.
(b) It is sacrilege.
(c) It is joyful.
(d) It's improper.
3. What activity is required by Davidson?
(c) Sitting shiva.
(d) Observing Sabbath.
4. Describe Thompson's behavior.
5. What does Thompson ask for from Macphail?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Thompson go if she returns to the U.S.?
2. How does Davidson view Thompson?
3. What is the red light district called in Hawaii?
4. What adjective could be used for Thompson's new attitude?
5. How does the person greet the women?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose and plan surrounding Thompson's plea to Macphail?
2. What is the outcome of the meeting? What is Davidson's reaction?
3. What is Thompson's reaction to Davidson's solution to her problem? What happens next?
4. Why does Thompson meet with the governor? What is the outcome?
5. What is the main activity in the house over the next four days?
6. What is Macphail's reaction to the interaction between Davidson and Thompson?
7. Describe Macphail's visit to the governor.
8. What is Davidson's solution to Thompson's predicament?
9. Describe the interaction between Thompson and the other travelers over the next few days.
10. What is the purpose for Macphail's visit to Thompson's room? What does he find?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)