|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Thompson want to stay in Pago Pago?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) 8 days.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 1 year.
2. What word describes Thompson's new look?
3. From what does Davidson suffer?
(c) Strange dreams.
4. To whom are the mountains related?
(b) Mrs. Macphail.
(c) Mrs. Davidson.
(d) Davidson's mother.
5. What does the group recite?
(a) Lord's Prayer.
(b) Pledge of Allegiance.
(c) Bill of Rights.
(d) Gloria Patri.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Thompson wear constantly?
2. Who is unsurprised by Davidson's actions?
3. What does Macphail give to Thompson?
4. What is the red light district called in Hawaii?
5. What was Thompson's original destination?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the governor's opinion of Davidson?
2. How has Davidson's opinion of Thompson changed? Why?
3. How does Davidson arrange to meet with Thompson?
4. What is Davidson's new proclamation regarding Thompson and her character?
5. What happens the night before Thompson is due to leave the island for San Francisco?
6. What is the main activity in the house over the next four days?
7. What is the confession Mrs. Davidson makes to Dr. Macphail?
8. How does Macphail respond to the weather?
9. What is the purpose for Macphail's visit to Thompson's room? What does he find?
10. What is the outcome of the meeting? What is Davidson's reaction?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)