|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe Thompson's room.
2. What does Davidson do after dinner?
(a) Smokes a pipe.
(d) Writes a letter.
3. What does the governor refuse to discuss?
(a) Visa requirements.
(b) Official business.
(c) Personal life.
4. Who complains to Horn about the loud music?
(b) Mrs. Davidson.
(c) Mr. Swan.
5. Strained meetings with Thompson go on for how many nights?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Davidson's new relationship to Thompson?
2. Davidson attempts to use which of the following as a tool for persuasion?
3. When is the deportation scheduled to take place?
4. Macphail looks forward to the return of which of the following?
5. Where will Thompson go if she returns to the U.S.?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Thompson's reaction to Davidson's solution to her problem? What happens next?
2. What is the purpose and plan surrounding Thompson's plea to Macphail?
3. Why does Thompson meet with the governor? What is the outcome?
4. How has Davidson's opinion of Thompson changed? Why?
5. What is the purpose for Macphail's visit to Thompson's room? What does he find?
6. What is Horn's forecast for the island's weather? Is this a common occurrence?
7. Describe the interaction between Thompson and the other travelers over the next few days.
8. Describe Macphail's visit to the governor.
9. What is Davidson's solution to Thompson's predicament?
10. What are Macphail's thoughts regarding the confession?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)