|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Davidson argue?
2. What word best describes the Macphails at this point?
3. What do the Davidsons have over the Macphails?
4. What interrupts the group's conversation?
(d) Oven timer.
5. What island group does the ship visit?
(a) Faulkland Islands.
(b) Samoan Islands.
(c) Solomon Islands.
(d) Canary Islands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after dinner?
2. Who is not among that group?
3. The passengers' rooms are nearly devoid of which object?
4. From what ailment is Macphail recovering?
5. How much longer will the guests be required to stay on the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Davidson's solution to Thompson's predicament?
2. What is Thompson's behavior toward Mrs. Davidson?
3. Describe briefly how the Davidsons met.
4. What is Davidson's latest epiphany regarding Thompson and her reluctance to go to San Francisco?
5. What is the confession Mrs. Davidson makes to Dr. Macphail?
6. In what part of the world does the story take place?
7. What is the outcome of the meeting? What is Davidson's reaction?
8. What is displeasing about the rooms rented by Horn?
9. What does Macphail see on his way to the wharf?
10. Why does Thompson meet with the governor? What is the outcome?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)