|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Thompson does Macphail admire?
(c) Feminine wiles.
2. Name one thing that has been eliminated from Davidson's district.
(c) Performing music on the beach.
(d) Wearing black.
3. What adjective expresses Mrs. Macphail's opinion of Thompson?
4. What adjective can best be used to describe Mrs. Davidson?
5. What is the argument about?
(a) Lack of entertainment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What interrupts the group's conversation?
2. What happens after dinner?
3. Where did the Davidsons meet?
4. What does Macphail see in the morning?
5. What is Macphail's opinion of the Davidsons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the Macphails' activities the following morning?
2. What does Macphail see on his way to the wharf?
3. Who lives in the area above the trader's store?
4. What bad news is brought by Davidson?
5. What is the mode of transportation mentioned at the beginning of the story?
6. What do the travelers soon learn about accommodations?
7. What happens when Davidson storms into Thompson's room?
8. What is displeasing about the rooms rented by Horn?
9. What is Mrs. Davidson's opinion on the inhabitants of Tutuila?
10. What is the general reaction of the travelers?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)