|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is introduced in this section?
(a) Reverend Swank.
(b) Miss Thompson.
(c) Mrs. Ferguson.
(d) Mr. Horn.
2. What word best describes the Macphails at this point?
3. What is the passenger ship's destination?
(d) Bora Bora.
4. Who does not join the group under the shelter?
(a) Mrs. Davidson.
(b) Mrs. Macphail.
(c) Other passengers.
(d) Mr. Davidson.
5. Which adjective is used to describe Macphail?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Macphails discuss in their cabin?
2. Who issues orders?
3. What adjective could be used to best describe Macphail?
4. What does Davidson argue about unsuccessfully?
5. What do the Davidsons have over the Macphails?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the mode of transportation mentioned at the beginning of the story?
2. What is Macphail's opinion about the behavior of the natives? Does the opinion agree or disagree with Mrs. Davidson's earlier comments?
3. What is Mrs. Davidson's opinion on the fashion of the natives?
4. Describe briefly how the Davidsons met.
5. In what part of the world does the story take place?
6. What do the travelers soon learn about accommodations?
7. What do the travelers do after disembarking from the ship?
8. Who lives in the area above the trader's store?
9. What happens when Davidson storms into Thompson's room?
10. What does Macphail see on his way to the wharf?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)