|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Macphail hope will impress the Davidsons?
(a) Appropriate dress.
(b) Table manners.
(c) Good grammar.
2. What adjective could be used to best describe Macphail?
3. The passengers' rooms are nearly devoid of which object?
4. What do the Davidsons have over the Macphails?
5. What term does Thompson use for money?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who issues orders?
2. What is the passenger ship's destination?
3. Where had Davidson served on a previous mission?
4. Which of the following has been practically eradicated from Davidson's district?
5. What do the Macphails discuss in their cabin?
Short Essay Questions
1. At this point, how far are the travelers from their destination?
2. What do the travelers soon learn about accommodations?
3. What is the reaction of the women when they learn about Thompson's arrival?
4. What is Mrs. Davidson's opinion on the inhabitants of Tutuila?
5. Briefly describe the personality of Dr. Macphail.
6. What is displeasing about the rooms rented by Horn?
7. What is Macphail's opinion about the behavior of the natives? Does the opinion agree or disagree with Mrs. Davidson's earlier comments?
8. What do the travelers do after disembarking from the ship?
9. What interrupts and annoys the travelers during high tea?
10. What is the basis of the argument? What is the outcome?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)