|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following garners Mrs. Davidson's disapproval?
(a) Stale coffee.
(b) Mr. Davidson's hat.
(c) Lack of modern facilities.
(d) Native dress.
2. What is the name of the trader?
3. Mrs. Macphail claims her husband is acting which way with Mr. Davidson?
4. Which characters argue?
(a) Swan and Horn.
(b) Quartermaster and Macphail.
(c) Swan and Macphail.
(d) Horn and Davidson.
5. Which activity is not one indulged in by the passengers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of attitude is attributed to Macphail?
2. What annoys the travelers?
3. Who does Davidson go to visit?
4. What is the occupation of Alec Macphail?
5. How long will the group be quarantined?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe the personality of Dr. Macphail.
2. What invitation is issued after the matter is settled?
3. Explain briefly the dangerous nature of working as a missionary.
4. Who lives in the area above the trader's store?
5. What is Davidson's epiphany regarding Thompson?
6. What is the general reaction of the travelers?
7. What is Mrs. Davidson's opinion on the fashion of the natives?
8. At this point, how far are the travelers from their destination?
9. What is the outcome of Davidson's visit with the governor?
10. What is Macphail's opinion about the behavior of the natives? Does the opinion agree or disagree with Mrs. Davidson's earlier comments?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)