|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weather condition must passengers face as they disembark?
2. What is the shared occupation of the Davidsons?
(d) First mates.
3. What object does Davidson attempt to break?
(c) Tea pot.
4. What is the passenger ship's destination?
(c) Bora Bora.
5. Mrs. Davidson is grateful for which of the following?
(a) Remembering her raincoat.
(c) Hot coffee.
(d) Not having to serve on the island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity is part of the evening's schedule?
2. How much longer will the guests be required to stay on the island?
3. What term does Thompson use for alcohol?
4. The story takes place after which war?
5. Who does Davidson go to visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. To whom is Davidson compared by Dr. Macphail?
2. What is displeasing about the rooms rented by Horn?
3. What is the collective general personality of each couple?
4. What do the travelers soon learn about accommodations?
5. What does Macphail see on his way to the wharf?
6. What is Davidson's epiphany regarding Thompson?
7. What is the reaction of the women when they learn about Thompson's arrival?
8. Once downstairs Macphail happens upon a group of people in conversation. Who are they? What are they discussing?
9. What are the Macphails' activities the following morning?
10. What do the travelers do after disembarking from the ship?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)