|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following do the women believe Thompson possesses?
(b) Loads of money.
(c) Loose morals.
(d) Short temper.
2. The inhabitants on the island do not celebrate or practice _____________.
(d) American holidays.
3. What is Mrs. Macphail's opinion of the Davidsons?
4. Which of the following garners Mrs. Davidson's disapproval?
(a) Stale coffee.
(b) Lack of modern facilities.
(c) Mr. Davidson's hat.
(d) Native dress.
5. With whom does Macphail have dinner?
(b) Mr. Davidson.
(c) No one.
(d) Mrs. Macphail and Mrs. Davidson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the passengers forced to deal with in relation to the accommodations?
2. What interrupts the group's conversation?
3. Where does Macphail go?
4. Which location turns out to be the main setting in the story?
5. What term does Thompson use for alcohol?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bad news is brought by Davidson?
2. Once downstairs Macphail happens upon a group of people in conversation. Who are they? What are they discussing?
3. What is Mrs. Davidson's opinion on the inhabitants of Tutuila?
4. What is the general reaction of the travelers?
5. What is displeasing about the rooms rented by Horn?
6. Where are the travelers headed in this part of the story?
7. What advice is given to Macphail by Mrs. Davidson?
8. What is the outcome of Davidson's visit with the governor?
9. What is Davidson's epiphany regarding Thompson?
10. What happens when Davidson storms into Thompson's room?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)