|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who supposedly lives at the ship's destination?
(a) No one.
(b) Island natives.
(c) Christian school children.
(d) European settlers.
2. From what ailment is Macphail recovering?
(a) War wound.
(c) Skull fracture.
(d) Broken leg.
3. Mrs. Davidson is grateful for which of the following?
(a) Hot coffee.
(b) Remembering her raincoat.
(d) Not having to serve on the island.
4. What time of day does Mrs. Davidson spend with Mrs. Macphail telling endless tales of her experiences?
(b) Late night.
5. Who sends Macphail on the errand?
(a) Mr. Davidson.
(c) Mrs. Davidson.
(d) Mrs. Macphail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which activity is not one indulged in by the passengers?
2. How many people converse with Macphail?
3. How is the issue resolved?
4. From what are the passengers required to take shelter?
5. What necessity is lacking on the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the collective general personality of each couple?
2. What is the reaction of the women when they learn about Thompson's arrival?
3. During the conversation between Dr. Macphail and Mrs. Davidson, the woman announces she is grateful for what regarding the island?
4. Once downstairs Macphail happens upon a group of people in conversation. Who are they? What are they discussing?
5. In what part of the world does the story take place?
6. What is the general reaction of the travelers?
7. What is Mrs. Davidson's opinion on the inhabitants of Tutuila?
8. What is the basis of the argument? What is the outcome?
9. Describe briefly how the Davidsons met.
10. What do the travelers do after disembarking from the ship?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)