|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What adjective could be used to best describe Macphail?
2. What is the argument about?
(c) Lack of entertainment.
3. What does Thompson offer to the other passengers?
4. From which country had Mrs. Davidson just returned?
5. What happens after dinner?
(a) Guests play cards.
(b) Guests read.
(c) Guests watch television.
(d) Guests go to bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Davidsons meet?
2. Where is the offer fulfilled?
3. What adjective expresses Mrs. Macphail's opinion of Thompson?
4. Name one thing that has been eliminated from Davidson's district.
5. What region is designated for the Davidsons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the travelers do after disembarking from the ship?
2. What is the outcome of Davidson's visit with the governor?
3. What does Macphail see on his way to the wharf?
4. Once downstairs Macphail happens upon a group of people in conversation. Who are they? What are they discussing?
5. Explain briefly the dangerous nature of working as a missionary.
6. What is Horn's forecast for the island's weather? Is this a common occurrence?
7. What was one of the accomplishments the Davidsons managed to achieve in their last district?
8. What is the basis of the argument? What is the outcome?
9. What are the Macphails' activities the following morning?
10. What event takes place in the morning? What is Macphail's part?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)