|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of clothing does Thomson prefer?
(d) Thrift store.
2. Which character is introduced in this section?
(a) Mrs. Ferguson.
(b) Mr. Horn.
(c) Reverend Swank.
(d) Miss Thompson.
3. What is Davidson's general state of mind?
4. What annoys the travelers?
(a) Loud music.
(b) Each other.
(c) Barking dog.
5. Which location turns out to be the main setting in the story?
(b) Pago Pago.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what are the passengers required to take shelter?
2. With whom does Davidson argue?
3. What interrupts the group's conversation?
4. With whom does Macphail have dinner?
5. The inhabitants on the island do not celebrate or practice _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. In what part of the world does the story take place?
2. Describe Macphail's visit to the governor.
3. To whom is Davidson compared by Dr. Macphail?
4. What occurs on Sunday? What is Davidson's reaction?
5. What are Macphail's thoughts regarding the confession?
6. What happens the night before Thompson is due to leave the island for San Francisco?
7. What does Macphail see on his way to the wharf?
8. What was the crux of the conversation held between the women?
9. Describe Thompson's physical change during this time.
10. What is the reaction of the women when they learn about Thompson's arrival?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)