|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is introduced in this section?
(a) Mrs. Ferguson.
(b) Mr. Horn.
(c) Miss Thompson.
(d) Reverend Swank.
2. What term does Thompson use for alcohol?
(b) Lighter fluid.
3. Which of the following garners Mrs. Davidson's disapproval?
(a) Mr. Davidson's hat.
(b) Lack of modern facilities.
(c) Stale coffee.
(d) Native dress.
4. Who supposedly lives at the ship's destination?
(a) Island natives.
(b) European settlers.
(c) Christian school children.
(d) No one.
5. Which of the following has been practically eradicated from Davidson's district?
(a) Native dress.
(d) Living in huts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who oversees dinner?
2. What does Mrs. Macphail hope will impress the Davidsons?
3. Where does the ship dock?
4. Mrs. Macphail claims her husband is acting which way with Mr. Davidson?
5. Name one theme in the story thus far?
Short Essay Questions
1. Once downstairs Macphail happens upon a group of people in conversation. Who are they? What are they discussing?
2. What does Macphail see on his way to the wharf?
3. What is Macphail's opinion about the behavior of the natives? Does the opinion agree or disagree with Mrs. Davidson's earlier comments?
4. Who lives in the area above the trader's store?
5. What are the Macphails' activities the following morning?
6. What was the crux of the conversation held between the women?
7. What do the travelers soon learn about accommodations?
8. Explain briefly the dangerous nature of working as a missionary.
9. What is Davidson's epiphany regarding Thompson?
10. Briefly describe the personality of Dr. Macphail.
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)