|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the argument about?
(d) Lack of entertainment.
2. What activity is part of the evening's schedule?
(a) High tea.
(c) Listening to music.
3. Which characters argue?
(a) Swan and Horn.
(b) Horn and Davidson.
(c) Quartermaster and Macphail.
(d) Swan and Macphail.
4. What adjective could be used to best describe Macphail?
5. Where will the group be forced to stay?
(a) Aboard the ship.
(b) Pago Pago.
(c) In a hotel.
(d) In the local infirmary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word might Macphail use to describe Davidson's tactics?
2. What is Davidson's general state of mind?
3. What is the shared occupation of the Davidsons?
4. The passengers' rooms are nearly devoid of which object?
5. What do the Davidsons have over the Macphails?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Davidson's epiphany regarding Thompson?
2. To whom is Davidson compared by Dr. Macphail?
3. What do the travelers do after disembarking from the ship?
4. Explain briefly the dangerous nature of working as a missionary.
5. What was one of the accomplishments the Davidsons managed to achieve in their last district?
6. Once downstairs Macphail happens upon a group of people in conversation. Who are they? What are they discussing?
7. Who lives in the area above the trader's store?
8. What invitation is issued after the matter is settled?
9. Where are the travelers headed in this part of the story?
10. What does Macphail see on his way to the wharf?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)