|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does not join the group under the shelter?
(a) Mr. Davidson.
(b) Mrs. Macphail.
(c) Mrs. Davidson.
(d) Other passengers.
2. Where will the group be forced to stay?
(a) Aboard the ship.
(b) Pago Pago.
(c) In the local infirmary.
(d) In a hotel.
3. What do the Macphails discuss in their cabin?
(d) Packing techniques.
4. Where had Davidson served on a previous mission?
(b) American Samoa.
(c) Solomon Islands.
5. Mrs. Macphail claims her husband is acting which way with Mr. Davidson?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many principal characters have been introduced to date?
2. Where does the ship dock?
3. Who issues orders?
4. What type of attitude is attributed to Macphail?
5. Where is the offer fulfilled?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bad news is brought by Davidson?
2. Explain briefly the dangerous nature of working as a missionary.
3. What are Macphail's thoughts regarding the confession?
4. What is the main activity in the house over the next four days?
5. What is Davidson's epiphany regarding Thompson?
6. What is the purpose for Macphail's visit to Thompson's room? What does he find?
7. What advice is given to Macphail by Mrs. Davidson?
8. What is the outcome of Davidson's visit with the governor?
9. In what part of the world does the story take place?
10. Describe the interaction between Thompson and the other travelers over the next few days.
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)