|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Davidson's general state of mind?
2. Which word would Macphail use to describe the natives?
3. Who informs the group of the prolonged quarantine?
(a) Mr. Davidson.
(b) Small boy.
(d) Island doctor.
4. How much longer will the guests be required to stay on the island?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 2 weeks.
5. How many people converse with Macphail?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the trader?
2. Which word best describes Thompson's figure?
3. What interrupts the group's conversation?
4. Where does the ship dock?
5. Which activity is not one indulged in by the passengers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the travelers soon learn about accommodations?
2. What is the outcome of Davidson's visit with the governor?
3. Who lives in the area above the trader's store?
4. In what part of the world does the story take place?
5. What interrupts and annoys the travelers during high tea?
6. What do the travelers do after disembarking from the ship?
7. What is the reaction of the women when they learn about Thompson's arrival?
8. What is the mode of transportation mentioned at the beginning of the story?
9. What is Davidson's epiphany regarding Thompson?
10. To whom is Davidson compared by Dr. Macphail?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)