|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interrupts the group's conversation?
(d) Oven timer.
2. Which characters argue?
(a) Horn and Davidson.
(b) Swan and Macphail.
(c) Quartermaster and Macphail.
(d) Swan and Horn.
3. Name one thing that has been eliminated from Davidson's district.
(b) Wearing black.
(c) Performing music on the beach.
4. What is the estimated year?
5. What is Mrs. Macphail's opinion of the Davidsons?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was the position held?
2. To whom does Macphail speak?
3. Which location turns out to be the main setting in the story?
4. Which adjective is used to describe Macphail?
5. Which word would Macphail use to describe the natives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What interrupts and annoys the travelers during high tea?
2. What does Macphail see on his way to the wharf?
3. What invitation is issued after the matter is settled?
4. In what part of the world does the story take place?
5. Who lives in the area above the trader's store?
6. What do the travelers do after disembarking from the ship?
7. During the conversation between Dr. Macphail and Mrs. Davidson, the woman announces she is grateful for what regarding the island?
8. What is displeasing about the rooms rented by Horn?
9. Explain briefly the dangerous nature of working as a missionary.
10. What was the crux of the conversation held between the women?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)