|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Davidson go to visit?
(a) Newspaper office.
(b) Island governor.
(c) Charter service.
(d) Travel agent.
2. From what ailment is Macphail recovering?
(a) Broken leg.
(b) Skull fracture.
(d) War wound.
3. Which adjective is used to describe Macphail?
4. What is the argument about?
(b) Lack of entertainment.
5. Where does the ship dock?
(a) Pago Pago.
(c) Bora Bora.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is introduced in this section?
2. What type of attitude is attributed to Macphail?
3. What necessity is lacking on the island?
4. Who sends Macphail on the errand?
5. What is Mrs. Macphail's opinion of the Davidsons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is displeasing about the rooms rented by Horn?
2. Where are the travelers headed in this part of the story?
3. Once downstairs Macphail happens upon a group of people in conversation. Who are they? What are they discussing?
4. What happens when Davidson storms into Thompson's room?
5. What advice is given to Macphail by Mrs. Davidson?
6. What is the reaction of the women when they learn about Thompson's arrival?
7. Explain briefly the dangerous nature of working as a missionary.
8. What is the mode of transportation mentioned at the beginning of the story?
9. What is Davidson's epiphany regarding Thompson?
10. In what part of the world does the story take place?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)