|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What necessity is lacking on the island?
2. What is the name of the trader?
3. What does Macphail fetch?
4. Which activity is not one indulged in by the passengers?
5. Who issues orders?
(a) Mrs. Davidson.
(b) Mr. Davidson.
(d) Island police.
Short Answer Questions
1. The story takes place after which war?
2. Which of the following has been practically eradicated from Davidson's district?
3. What activity is part of the evening's schedule?
4. Who is not among that group?
5. What adjective could be used to best describe Macphail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the travelers soon learn about accommodations?
2. What are the Macphails' activities the following morning?
3. What is the mode of transportation mentioned at the beginning of the story?
4. What is Davidson's epiphany regarding Thompson?
5. Explain briefly the dangerous nature of working as a missionary.
6. Where are the travelers headed in this part of the story?
7. What invitation is issued after the matter is settled?
8. What is Mrs. Davidson's opinion on the fashion of the natives?
9. What is Mrs. Davidson's opinion on the inhabitants of Tutuila?
10. What is the basis of the argument? What is the outcome?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)