|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which characters argue?
(a) Swan and Macphail.
(b) Quartermaster and Macphail.
(c) Swan and Horn.
(d) Horn and Davidson.
2. Who is not among that group?
(b) Mrs. Davidson.
3. What do the Macphails discuss in their cabin?
(d) Packing techniques.
4. What does Mrs. Macphail hope will impress the Davidsons?
(a) Appropriate dress.
(b) Table manners.
(c) Good grammar.
5. What is the passenger ship's destination?
(a) Bora Bora.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Davidson go to visit?
2. How is the issue resolved?
3. What adjective can best be used to describe Mrs. Davidson?
4. From what ailment is Macphail recovering?
5. Which character is introduced in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Macphail see on his way to the wharf?
2. What is Macphail's opinion about the behavior of the natives? Does the opinion agree or disagree with Mrs. Davidson's earlier comments?
3. What is Davidson's epiphany regarding Thompson?
4. Briefly describe the personality of Dr. Macphail.
5. What bad news is brought by Davidson?
6. What is the mode of transportation mentioned at the beginning of the story?
7. What invitation is issued after the matter is settled?
8. Once downstairs Macphail happens upon a group of people in conversation. Who are they? What are they discussing?
9. What are the Macphails' activities the following morning?
10. Explain briefly the dangerous nature of working as a missionary.
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)