|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The inhabitants on the island do not celebrate or practice _____________.
(a) American holidays.
2. What word might Macphail use to describe Davidson's tactics?
3. Where is the offer fulfilled?
(a) In a restaurant.
(b) On the shore.
(c) In Thompson's room.
(d) On the ship's upper deck.
4. What activity is part of the evening's schedule?
(a) Listening to music.
(c) High tea.
5. Who supposedly lives at the ship's destination?
(a) Christian school children.
(b) No one.
(c) Island natives.
(d) European settlers.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what ailment is Macphail recovering?
2. What does Macphail see in the morning?
3. Who issues orders?
4. How many principal characters have been introduced to date?
5. What are the passengers forced to deal with in relation to the accommodations?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is displeasing about the rooms rented by Horn?
2. Who lives in the area above the trader's store?
3. What is the basis of the argument? What is the outcome?
4. What advice is given to Macphail by Mrs. Davidson?
5. What interrupts and annoys the travelers during high tea?
6. Where are the travelers headed in this part of the story?
7. In what part of the world does the story take place?
8. What is the general reaction of the travelers?
9. What is Mrs. Davidson's opinion on the fashion of the natives?
10. What is Macphail's opinion about the behavior of the natives? Does the opinion agree or disagree with Mrs. Davidson's earlier comments?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)