Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Davidson go to visit?
(a) Travel agent.
(b) Charter service.
(c) Island governor.
(d) Newspaper office.
2. Which character is accustomed to getting his/her own way?
(a) Mr. Davidson.
(b) Mrs. Macphail.
(c) Dr. Macphail.
(d) Mrs. Davidson.
3. Where will the group be forced to stay?
(a) Pago Pago.
(b) Aboard the ship.
(c) In a hotel.
(d) In the local infirmary.
4. What is the occupation of Alec Macphail?
5. The inhabitants on the island do not celebrate or practice _____________.
(a) American holidays.
Short Answer Questions
1. What adjective expresses Mrs. Macphail's opinion of Thompson?
2. What annoys the travelers?
3. What is the estimated year?
4. From which country had Mrs. Davidson just returned?
5. What happens after dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What event takes place in the morning? What is Macphail's part?
2. What is displeasing about the rooms rented by Horn?
3. What advice is given to Macphail by Mrs. Davidson?
4. What do the travelers do after disembarking from the ship?
5. What is the outcome of the meeting? What is Davidson's reaction?
6. What happens when Davidson storms into Thompson's room?
7. What is the outcome of Davidson's visit with the governor?
8. Where are the travelers headed in this part of the story?
9. What does Macphail see on his way to the wharf?
10. What bad news is brought by Davidson?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)