|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Name one thing that has been eliminated from Davidson's district.
(c) Performing music on the beach.
(d) Wearing black.
2. What adjective can best be used to describe Mrs. Davidson?
3. Where does Macphail go?
(a) General store.
4. What time of day does Mrs. Davidson spend with Mrs. Macphail telling endless tales of her experiences?
(d) Late night.
5. With which of the following are the Macphails unfamiliar?
(a) Island living.
(b) Building a shelter.
(c) First aid.
(d) Reading a map.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Davidson argue about unsuccessfully?
2. Who takes charge of the situation?
3. What interrupts the group's conversation?
4. Who does Davidson go to visit?
5. Davidson believes Thompson is involved in which profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe briefly how the Davidsons met.
2. What is Macphail's opinion about the behavior of the natives? Does the opinion agree or disagree with Mrs. Davidson's earlier comments?
3. In what part of the world does the story take place?
4. What is the reaction of the women when they learn about Thompson's arrival?
5. At this point, how far are the travelers from their destination?
6. To whom is Davidson compared by Dr. Macphail?
7. What is the collective general personality of each couple?
8. What do the travelers do after disembarking from the ship?
9. What do the travelers soon learn about accommodations?
10. During the conversation between Dr. Macphail and Mrs. Davidson, the woman announces she is grateful for what regarding the island?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)