|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Name one thing that has been eliminated from Davidson's district.
(b) Performing music on the beach.
(d) Wearing black.
2. What is the shared occupation of the Davidsons?
(d) First mates.
3. With whom does Macphail have dinner?
(a) Mrs. Macphail and Mrs. Davidson.
(c) Mr. Davidson.
(d) No one.
4. What happens after dinner?
(a) Guests go to bed.
(b) Guests watch television.
(c) Guests play cards.
(d) Guests read.
5. Name one theme in the story thus far?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the passengers forced to deal with in relation to the accommodations?
2. Where do the passengers sleep?
3. Which adjective is used to describe Macphail?
4. Who informs the group of the prolonged quarantine?
5. Which location turns out to be the main setting in the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice is given to Macphail by Mrs. Davidson?
2. What is Davidson's epiphany regarding Thompson?
3. What is the outcome of Davidson's visit with the governor?
4. In what part of the world does the story take place?
5. What interrupts and annoys the travelers during high tea?
6. What is the collective general personality of each couple?
7. What does Macphail see on his way to the wharf?
8. What is the general reaction of the travelers?
9. What do the travelers soon learn about accommodations?
10. What is Mrs. Davidson's opinion on the fashion of the natives?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)