|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Davidson argue about unsuccessfully?
(b) Sleeping arrangements.
2. Where does Macphail go?
(a) General store.
3. How much longer will the guests be required to stay on the island?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 1 month.
4. How does Mrs. Davidson feel about Mr. Davidson?
(a) Idolizes him.
(b) Fears him.
(c) Tolerates him.
(d) Loathes him.
5. How long was the position held?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 3 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is not among that group?
2. To whom is Mr. Davidson compared?
3. Which of the following garners Mrs. Davidson's disapproval?
4. What interrupts the group's conversation?
5. With whom does Macphail have dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain briefly the dangerous nature of working as a missionary.
2. What was the crux of the conversation held between the women?
3. Where are the travelers headed in this part of the story?
4. What are the Macphails' activities the following morning?
5. What is the basis of the argument? What is the outcome?
6. What was one of the accomplishments the Davidsons managed to achieve in their last district?
7. What interrupts and annoys the travelers during high tea?
8. What invitation is issued after the matter is settled?
9. What do the travelers soon learn about accommodations?
10. What does Macphail see on his way to the wharf?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)