|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will Thompson go if she returns to the U.S.?
(b) Parents' house.
(c) Homeless shelter.
2. What adjective could be used for Thompson's new attitude?
3. What is Thompson's reaction?
(a) She slams the door.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She refuses.
(d) She accepts the offer.
4. What activity is required by Davidson?
(a) Observing Sabbath.
(d) Sitting shiva.
5. Where does Thompson want to go?
6. What item does Thompson wear constantly?
(a) Red lipstick.
(b) Felt hat.
7. What does Macphail feel is unnecessary?
(b) Return tickets.
(d) Sun block.
8. Describe Thompson's room.
9. Where does the confrontation take place?
(a) At dinner.
(b) On the street.
(c) Governor's house.
10. What was Thompson's original destination?
(c) Bora Bora.
11. Who is the first to comment on Davidson's strange behavior?
(d) Mrs. Macphail.
12. Describe Thompson's appearance.
13. To what does Davidson compare Thompson?
14. Where is Thompson to be deported?
(b) San Francisco.
15. What begins to thrive on the island?
(c) Poison ivy.
(d) Native dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who complains to Horn about the loud music?
2. From what does Davidson suffer?
3. What does Thompson ask for from Macphail?
4. Macphail begins to doubt what about Thompson?
5. Who believes that the natives have evil intent?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)