|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the red light district called in Hawaii?
(c) Red light district.
2. What was Davidson wrong about?
(a) Thompson's immorality.
(b) Length of quarantine.
(c) Breed of deer.
(d) Island coordinates.
3. What adjective is used to describe the governor?
4. Who is confronted by Thompson?
5. Who is the first to comment on Davidson's strange behavior?
(d) Mrs. Macphail.
6. Davidson attempts to use which of the following as a tool for persuasion?
(a) Political influence.
7. What is Thompson's first name?
8. What could happen if Horn crossed the missionaries?
(a) Business would suffer.
(b) There would be a protest.
(c) Horn would have to move.
9. What is offered to Thompson?
(a) Mercy of God.
(b) Return ticket.
(c) A new hotel room.
10. Where will Thompson go if she returns to the U.S.?
(b) Parents' house.
(c) Homeless shelter.
11. What fascinates Davidson?
(a) Color of sunset.
(b) Cure for measels.
(c) Ship's log.
(d) Thompson's transformation.
12. Davidson surmises what about Thompson?
(a) That she is the governor's daughter.
(b) That she is underage.
(c) That she is wanted for a crime.
(d) That she ran away from home.
13. Who do the women meet on the way?
(c) Alley cat.
(d) Mr. Davidson.
14. Davidson contacts people in which U.S. city?
(a) Washington, DC.
(b) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
15. Where is Thompson to be deported?
(d) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Macphail begins to doubt what about Thompson?
2. What is Davidson's new relationship to Thompson?
3. What does Davidson do after dinner?
4. What word describes Thompson's new look?
5. Where does the confrontation take place?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)