|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Davidson contacts people in which U.S. city?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Washington, DC.
(d) New York.
2. How long is Thompson's potential sentence?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 2 years.
3. What begins to thrive on the island?
(c) Poison ivy.
(d) Native dance.
4. Describe Thompson's behavior.
5. Where will Thompson go if she returns to the U.S.?
(c) Homeless shelter.
(d) Parents' house.
6. What item is missing from Thompson's wardrobe?
7. What word describes Thompson's new look?
8. Where does Thompson want to go?
9. What could happen if Horn crossed the missionaries?
(a) Business would suffer.
(b) Horn would have to move.
(d) There would be a protest.
10. Where does the confrontation take place?
(a) At dinner.
(c) Governor's house.
(d) On the street.
11. Macphail looks forward to the return of which of the following?
(c) Eye sight.
12. How does Davidson feel about Thompson at this point in the story?
13. What item does Thompson wear constantly?
(a) Felt hat.
(b) Red lipstick.
14. What was Thompson's original destination?
(c) Bora Bora.
15. What fascinates Davidson?
(a) Thompson's transformation.
(b) Color of sunset.
(c) Ship's log.
(d) Cure for measels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is inferred by the mountains?
2. Where do the women walk?
3. To what does Davidson compare Thompson?
4. What adjective does Macphail use to refer to the forces of nature?
5. Who complains to Horn about the loud music?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)