|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the governor refuse to discuss?
(a) Visa requirements.
(b) Personal life.
(c) Official business.
2. What does Thompson ask for from Macphail?
3. What does Macphail feel is unnecessary?
(a) Sun block.
(b) Return tickets.
4. Davidson surmises what about Thompson?
(a) That she ran away from home.
(b) That she is underage.
(c) That she is wanted for a crime.
(d) That she is the governor's daughter.
5. Where is Thompson to be deported?
(c) San Francisco.
6. What activity is required by Davidson?
(a) Sitting shiva.
(b) Observing Sabbath.
7. Where does the confrontation take place?
(a) Governor's house.
(b) At dinner.
(d) On the street.
8. Where does everyone else go?
(c) Their separate rooms.
(d) Drawing room.
9. How does Davidson feel about Thompson at this point in the story?
10. How does Macphail view Davidson?
11. Who spends time talking with Thompson?
12. How long does the talk last?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 1 hour.
13. Where are the mountains?
14. When is the deportation scheduled to take place?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 9 days.
(d) 2 days.
15. Who complains to Horn about the loud music?
(a) Mr. Swan.
(d) Mrs. Davidson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Thompson want to go?
2. How does the person greet the women?
3. To what does Davidson compare Thompson?
4. Where do the women walk?
5. Davidson attempts to use which of the following as a tool for persuasion?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)