|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Davidson do after dinner?
(c) Smokes a pipe.
(d) Writes a letter.
2. Macphail begins to doubt what about Thompson?
3. What adjective does Macphail use to refer to the forces of nature?
4. What is inferred by the mountains?
5. What could happen if Horn crossed the missionaries?
(a) Business would suffer.
(c) There would be a protest.
(d) Horn would have to move.
6. Davidson surmises what about Thompson?
(a) That she is wanted for a crime.
(b) That she is the governor's daughter.
(c) That she is underage.
(d) That she ran away from home.
7. What does the group recite?
(a) Gloria Patri.
(b) Pledge of Allegiance.
(c) Bill of Rights.
(d) Lord's Prayer.
8. What begins to thrive on the island?
(b) Native dance.
(c) Poison ivy.
9. What does the governor refuse to discuss?
(a) Official business.
(c) Visa requirements.
(d) Personal life.
10. What does Thompson ask for from Macphail?
11. Who is summoned by Horn?
(a) Mrs. Macphail.
12. Who spends time talking with Thompson?
13. What does Davidson seem to be working on at this time?
(a) Mission work.
(c) Ship building.
(d) Secret plan.
14. Mrs. Davidson is worried that her husband is doing what?
(b) Overexerting himself.
(d) Planning to run away.
15. Who is the first to comment on Davidson's strange behavior?
(b) Mrs. Macphail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Thompson's reaction?
2. What is Thompson's first name?
3. How does Davidson feel about Thompson at this point in the story?
4. Who do the women look to to solve their issue?
5. What does Macphail give to Thompson?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)