|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Thompson want to go?
2. What could happen if Horn crossed the missionaries?
(a) There would be a protest.
(b) Horn would have to move.
(c) Business would suffer.
3. Where are the mountains?
4. When is the deportation scheduled to take place?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 9 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 2 weeks.
5. Who spends time talking with Thompson?
6. Where does everyone else go?
(a) Their separate rooms.
(c) Drawing room.
7. What item does Thompson wear constantly?
(b) Felt hat.
(d) Red lipstick.
8. Describe Thompson's room.
9. What begins to thrive on the island?
(c) Native dance.
(d) Poison ivy.
10. Davidson surmises what about Thompson?
(a) That she is the governor's daughter.
(b) That she is wanted for a crime.
(c) That she is underage.
(d) That she ran away from home.
11. How does Davidson react to this latest development?
12. What does Davidson seem to be working on at this time?
(b) Secret plan.
(c) Mission work.
(d) Ship building.
13. What fascinates Davidson?
(a) Ship's log.
(b) Cure for measels.
(c) Thompson's transformation.
(d) Color of sunset.
14. Who believes that the natives have evil intent?
15. How long is Thompson's potential sentence?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 10 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Strained meetings with Thompson go on for how many nights?
2. What book does Thompson read?
3. What is the red light district called in Hawaii?
4. What was Davidson wrong about?
5. What prompts Thompson to go to that location?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)