|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Davidson do after dinner?
(a) Writes a letter.
(c) Smokes a pipe.
2. To whom are the mountains related?
(a) Mrs. Macphail.
(b) Mrs. Davidson.
(c) Davidson's mother.
3. Davidson contacts people in which U.S. city?
(b) Washington, DC.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
4. Macphail looks forward to the return of which of the following?
(b) Eye sight.
5. Where does everyone else go?
(b) Their separate rooms.
(c) Drawing room.
6. How long is Thompson's potential sentence?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 2 years.
7. Where do the women walk?
(b) Country road.
8. How does Davidson react to this latest development?
9. What does Davidson seem to be working on at this time?
(a) Mission work.
(b) Ship building.
(c) Secret plan.
10. How long does Thompson want to stay in Pago Pago?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 1 year.
11. Mrs. Davidson is worried that her husband is doing what?
(a) Planning to run away.
(b) Overexerting himself.
12. What is Davidson's view of music on the Sabbath.
(a) It's improper.
(b) It is joyful.
(c) It is sacrilege.
(d) It should be encouraged.
13. How does the person greet the women?
(b) Ignores them.
(d) With insults.
14. What adjective is used to describe the governor?
15. What is Thompson's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Davidson feel about Thompson at this point in the story?
2. What is offered to Thompson?
3. Davidson attempts to use which of the following as a tool for persuasion?
4. What does Thompson ask for from Macphail?
5. What was Davidson wrong about?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)