|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macphail see in the morning?
(c) Storm clouds.
(d) Man overboard.
2. What is Mrs. Macphail's opinion of the Davidsons?
3. What are the passengers forced to deal with in relation to the accommodations?
4. What type of attitude is attributed to Macphail?
(c) Hell hath no fury.
(d) Live and let live.
5. What adjective expresses Mrs. Macphail's opinion of Thompson?
6. To whom does Macphail speak?
(a) First mate.
(c) Mr. Davidson.
(d) Mrs. Davidson.
7. With which of the following are the Macphails unfamiliar?
(a) Reading a map.
(b) First aid.
(c) Building a shelter.
(d) Island living.
8. What adjective could be used to best describe Macphail?
9. What object does Davidson attempt to break?
(c) Tea pot.
10. What necessity is lacking on the island?
11. Name one thing that has been eliminated from Davidson's district.
(c) Performing music on the beach.
(d) Wearing black.
12. Which character is introduced in this section?
(a) Miss Thompson.
(b) Reverend Swank.
(c) Mrs. Ferguson.
(d) Mr. Horn.
13. Where will the group be forced to stay?
(a) In the local infirmary.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) Aboard the ship.
(d) Pago Pago.
14. Who issues orders?
(a) Island police.
(c) Mrs. Davidson.
(d) Mr. Davidson.
15. What does Macphail fetch?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Macphail have dinner?
2. Which is not eventually adopted by the island inhabitants?
3. What is the name of the trader?
4. How many principal characters have been introduced to date?
5. What island group does the ship visit?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)