|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Macphail have dinner?
(b) Mrs. Macphail and Mrs. Davidson.
(c) No one.
(d) Mr. Davidson.
2. Who supposedly lives at the ship's destination?
(a) No one.
(b) Island natives.
(c) Christian school children.
(d) European settlers.
3. Mrs. Davidson is grateful for which of the following?
(a) Remembering her raincoat.
(b) Not having to serve on the island.
(d) Hot coffee.
4. To whom is Mr. Davidson compared?
(d) Attila the Hun.
5. What adjective is used by Mrs. Davidson to describe the inhabitants?
6. Where does Macphail go?
(c) General store.
7. What is the estimated year?
8. What adjective expresses Mrs. Macphail's opinion of Thompson?
9. Who is enamored of Thompson?
10. What is the occupation of Alec Macphail?
11. Which of the following do the women believe Thompson possesses?
(b) Loads of money.
(c) Short temper.
(d) Loose morals.
12. What type of clothing does Thomson prefer?
(b) Thrift store.
13. How many people converse with Macphail?
14. From what are the passengers required to take shelter?
(a) Drive by shooting.
(b) Mrs. Davidson.
15. What is Macphail's opinion of the Davidsons?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of attitude is attributed to Macphail?
2. Which location turns out to be the main setting in the story?
3. What about Thompson does Macphail admire?
4. What time of day does Mrs. Davidson spend with Mrs. Macphail telling endless tales of her experiences?
5. Davidson believes Thompson is involved in which profession?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)