|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what ailment is Macphail recovering?
(a) War wound.
(b) Skull fracture.
(d) Broken leg.
2. Who is not among that group?
(b) Mrs. Davidson.
3. With whom does Davidson argue?
4. What weather condition must passengers face as they disembark?
5. Which of the following has been practically eradicated from Davidson's district?
(a) Native dress.
(c) Living in huts.
6. What term does Thompson use for money?
7. Where will the group be forced to stay?
(a) In the local infirmary.
(b) Pago Pago.
(c) In a hotel.
(d) Aboard the ship.
8. The story takes place after which war?
(a) World War II.
(b) Crimean War.
(c) Spanish Civil War.
(d) World War I.
9. Mrs. Macphail claims her husband is acting which way with Mr. Davidson?
10. What is the passenger ship's destination?
(c) Bora Bora.
11. What interrupts the group's conversation?
(a) Oven timer.
12. What is Macphail's opinion of the Davidsons?
13. Which adjective is used to describe Macphail?
14. Where does Macphail go?
(a) General store.
15. What is the occupation of Alec Macphail?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Davidson served on a previous mission?
2. What does Thompson offer to the other passengers?
3. How long will the group be quarantined?
4. Mrs. Davidson is grateful for which of the following?
5. What activity is part of the evening's schedule?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)