|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interrupts the group's conversation?
(c) Oven timer.
2. Which of the following has been practically eradicated from Davidson's district?
(a) Living in huts.
(c) Native dress.
3. How does Mrs. Davidson feel about Mr. Davidson?
(a) Loathes him.
(b) Fears him.
(c) Tolerates him.
(d) Idolizes him.
4. What adjective could be used to best describe Macphail?
5. Mrs. Macphail claims her husband is acting which way with Mr. Davidson?
6. Who does Davidson go to visit?
(a) Travel agent.
(b) Island governor.
(c) Newspaper office.
(d) Charter service.
7. To whom does Macphail speak?
(a) Mr. Davidson.
(b) First mate.
(d) Mrs. Davidson.
8. What do the Macphails discuss in their cabin?
(a) Packing techniques.
9. What do the Davidsons have over the Macphails?
10. The passengers' rooms are nearly devoid of which object?
11. From which country had Mrs. Davidson just returned?
12. What is the occupation of Alec Macphail?
13. Which activity is not one indulged in by the passengers?
14. What is the name of the trader?
15. What disease breaks out on the island?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends Macphail on the errand?
2. Which characters argue?
3. Which character is introduced in this section?
4. From what are the passengers required to take shelter?
5. Which word would Macphail use to describe the natives?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)