|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Davidson go to visit?
(a) Island governor.
(b) Newspaper office.
(c) Charter service.
(d) Travel agent.
2. What do the Davidsons have over the Macphails?
3. What does Mrs. Macphail hope will impress the Davidsons?
(a) Table manners.
(b) Good grammar.
(d) Appropriate dress.
4. Which activity is not one indulged in by the passengers?
5. From what ailment is Macphail recovering?
(a) Broken leg.
(b) Skull fracture.
(c) War wound.
6. Which character is introduced in this section?
(a) Reverend Swank.
(b) Mr. Horn.
(c) Mrs. Ferguson.
(d) Miss Thompson.
7. At this point in the story, how far away from port is the ship?
(a) 12 days.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 8 days.
8. What object does Davidson attempt to break?
(d) Tea pot.
9. How is the issue resolved?
(a) Thompson begins to cry.
(b) Horn gives in.
(c) It is not resolved.
(d) A policeman intervenes.
10. Where had Davidson served on a previous mission?
(b) Solomon Islands.
(d) American Samoa.
11. What word might Macphail use to describe Davidson's tactics?
12. How much longer will the guests be required to stay on the island?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 1 week.
13. What activity is part of the evening's schedule?
(c) Listening to music.
(d) High tea.
14. Mrs. Davidson is grateful for which of the following?
(a) Remembering her raincoat.
(b) Hot coffee.
(d) Not having to serve on the island.
15. The story takes place after which war?
(a) World War II.
(b) Spanish Civil War.
(c) World War I.
(d) Crimean War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will the group be forced to stay?
2. What word best describes the Macphails at this point?
3. Mrs. Davidson criticizes which behavior of the inhabitants?
4. What about Thompson does Macphail admire?
5. What necessity is lacking on the island?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)