|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does Thompson use for money?
2. What is the occupation of Alec Macphail?
3. What word best describes the Macphails at this point?
4. Where do the passengers sleep?
(a) In the jail.
(b) At the captain's house.
(c) Above the store.
(d) On the ship.
5. Where does the ship dock?
(a) Bora Bora.
(c) Pago Pago.
6. Which of the following do the women believe Thompson possesses?
(a) Loads of money.
(c) Short temper.
(d) Loose morals.
7. Which word would Macphail use to describe the natives?
8. Davidson believes Thompson is involved in which profession?
9. Who is not among that group?
(c) Mrs. Davidson.
10. What adjective can best be used to describe Mrs. Davidson?
11. Which of the following has been practically eradicated from Davidson's district?
(a) Living in huts.
(c) Native dress.
12. What is the shared occupation of the Davidsons?
(a) First mates.
13. Name one theme in the story thus far?
14. Where is the offer fulfilled?
(a) In a restaurant.
(b) In Thompson's room.
(c) On the ship's upper deck.
(d) On the shore.
15. What necessity is lacking on the island?
Short Answer Questions
1. What island group does the ship visit?
2. What adjective is used by Mrs. Davidson to describe the inhabitants?
3. What happens after dinner?
4. What type of clothing does Thomson prefer?
5. What interrupts the group's conversation?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)