|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Macphail speak?
(a) Mr. Davidson.
(c) First mate.
(d) Mrs. Davidson.
2. What are the passengers forced to deal with in relation to the accommodations?
3. What adjective can best be used to describe Mrs. Davidson?
4. Which word best describes Thompson's figure?
5. What happens after dinner?
(a) Guests watch television.
(b) Guests go to bed.
(c) Guests read.
(d) Guests play cards.
6. Where is the offer fulfilled?
(a) In Thompson's room.
(b) In a restaurant.
(c) On the shore.
(d) On the ship's upper deck.
7. How is the issue resolved?
(a) Horn gives in.
(b) A policeman intervenes.
(c) It is not resolved.
(d) Thompson begins to cry.
8. What word might Macphail use to describe Davidson's tactics?
9. Name one theme in the story thus far?
10. Which of the following garners Mrs. Davidson's disapproval?
(a) Lack of modern facilities.
(b) Stale coffee.
(c) Native dress.
(d) Mr. Davidson's hat.
11. Where do the passengers sleep?
(a) In the jail.
(b) Above the store.
(c) On the ship.
(d) At the captain's house.
12. Who sends Macphail on the errand?
(a) Mrs. Macphail.
(b) Mr. Davidson.
(c) Mrs. Davidson.
13. What do the Davidsons have over the Macphails?
14. What does Macphail see in the morning?
(a) Storm clouds.
(b) Man overboard.
15. Mrs. Davidson criticizes which behavior of the inhabitants?
(a) Devotion to ritual.
(d) Inappropriate marital practices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What region is designated for the Davidsons?
2. Which character is accustomed to getting his/her own way?
3. What time of day does Mrs. Davidson spend with Mrs. Macphail telling endless tales of her experiences?
4. To whom is Mr. Davidson compared?
5. What is the name of the trader?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)