|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who oversees dinner?
(c) Mrs. Davidson.
2. Which adjective is used to describe Macphail?
3. How much longer will the guests be required to stay on the island?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 1 week.
4. What does Mrs. Macphail hope will impress the Davidsons?
(a) Appropriate dress.
(c) Good grammar.
(d) Table manners.
5. How many people converse with Macphail?
6. At this point in the story, how far away from port is the ship?
(a) 12 days.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 8 days.
7. What interrupts the group's conversation?
(b) Oven timer.
8. What is Macphail's opinion of the Davidsons?
9. Where had Davidson served on a previous mission?
(a) American Samoa.
(c) Solomon Islands.
10. Which character is accustomed to getting his/her own way?
(a) Mrs. Macphail.
(b) Mrs. Davidson.
(c) Mr. Davidson.
(d) Dr. Macphail.
11. Where does the ship dock?
(a) Bora Bora.
(c) Pago Pago.
12. Mrs. Davidson criticizes which behavior of the inhabitants?
(a) Devotion to ritual.
(d) Inappropriate marital practices.
13. Name one thing that has been eliminated from Davidson's district.
(c) Wearing black.
(d) Performing music on the beach.
14. Who is enamored of Thompson?
15. Which word best describes Thompson's figure?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macphail fetch?
2. Which characters argue?
3. What does Davidson argue about unsuccessfully?
4. What time of day does Mrs. Davidson spend with Mrs. Macphail telling endless tales of her experiences?
5. What type of attitude is attributed to Macphail?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)