|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is not eventually adopted by the island inhabitants?
(a) European dress.
(b) New hygiene standards.
(c) Religious values.
(d) Change in sexual habits.
2. Who issues orders?
(a) Mrs. Davidson.
(b) Island police.
(c) Mr. Davidson.
3. Which location turns out to be the main setting in the story?
(a) Pago Pago.
4. Who does not join the group under the shelter?
(a) Mr. Davidson.
(b) Mrs. Davidson.
(c) Other passengers.
(d) Mrs. Macphail.
5. Which word best describes Thompson's figure?
6. Name one thing that has been eliminated from Davidson's district.
(c) Performing music on the beach.
(d) Wearing black.
7. What adjective is used by Mrs. Davidson to describe the inhabitants?
8. What adjective could be used to best describe Macphail?
9. What is the argument about?
(b) Lack of entertainment.
10. Who does Davidson go to visit?
(a) Newspaper office.
(b) Island governor.
(c) Charter service.
(d) Travel agent.
11. To whom is Mr. Davidson compared?
(d) Attila the Hun.
12. What do the Macphails discuss in their cabin?
(b) Packing techniques.
13. Who lives above the store?
(b) Drifter named Bob.
(c) No one.
(d) Horn and his family.
14. Which character is introduced in this section?
(a) Mrs. Ferguson.
(b) Reverend Swank.
(c) Mr. Horn.
(d) Miss Thompson.
15. The passengers' rooms are nearly devoid of which object?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Davidson criticizes which behavior of the inhabitants?
2. Where does the ship dock?
3. Which adjective is used to describe Macphail?
4. Who informs the group of the prolonged quarantine?
5. How long was the position held?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)