|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macphail fetch?
2. What is the argument about?
(b) Lack of entertainment.
3. What term does Thompson use for money?
4. What does Mrs. Macphail hope will impress the Davidsons?
(b) Appropriate dress.
(c) Table manners.
(d) Good grammar.
5. How many people converse with Macphail?
6. Name one thing that has been eliminated from Davidson's district.
(b) Performing music on the beach.
(c) Wearing black.
7. Where had Davidson served on a previous mission?
(a) American Samoa.
(b) Solomon Islands.
8. Which activity is not one indulged in by the passengers?
9. The passengers' rooms are nearly devoid of which object?
10. How many principal characters have been introduced to date?
11. Who lives above the store?
(a) Horn and his family.
(b) No one.
(c) Drifter named Bob.
12. Mrs. Davidson is grateful for which of the following?
(a) Hot coffee.
(b) Not having to serve on the island.
(c) Remembering her raincoat.
13. Who sends Macphail on the errand?
(a) Mrs. Macphail.
(b) Mr. Davidson.
(c) Mrs. Davidson.
14. With which of the following are the Macphails unfamiliar?
(a) First aid.
(b) Building a shelter.
(c) Reading a map.
(d) Island living.
15. What is Mrs. Macphail's opinion of the Davidsons?
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease breaks out on the island?
2. Mrs. Davidson criticizes which behavior of the inhabitants?
3. Thanks to the Davidsons, what type of values are attributed to the island natives?
4. What is the shared occupation of the Davidsons?
5. What are the passengers forced to deal with in relation to the accommodations?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)