|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word best describes Thompson's figure?
2. How long will the group be quarantined?
(a) 21 days.
(b) 12 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 14 days.
3. The story takes place after which war?
(a) Crimean War.
(b) World War II.
(c) World War I.
(d) Spanish Civil War.
4. To whom is Mr. Davidson compared?
(c) Attila the Hun.
5. Who supposedly lives at the ship's destination?
(a) Christian school children.
(b) Island natives.
(c) European settlers.
(d) No one.
6. What adjective can best be used to describe Mrs. Davidson?
7. Which activity is not one indulged in by the passengers?
8. Where is the offer fulfilled?
(a) On the shore.
(b) In Thompson's room.
(c) On the ship's upper deck.
(d) In a restaurant.
9. How does Mrs. Davidson feel about Mr. Davidson?
(a) Loathes him.
(b) Idolizes him.
(c) Tolerates him.
(d) Fears him.
10. What is Mrs. Macphail's opinion of the Davidsons?
11. What is the name of the trader?
12. Which of the following has been practically eradicated from Davidson's district?
(a) Native dress.
(d) Living in huts.
13. Thanks to the Davidsons, what type of values are attributed to the island natives?
14. With whom does Davidson argue?
15. What type of attitude is attributed to Macphail?
(c) Live and let live.
(d) Hell hath no fury.
Short Answer Questions
1. Name one theme in the story thus far?
2. What are the passengers forced to deal with in relation to the accommodations?
3. Name one thing that has been eliminated from Davidson's district.
4. Where does Macphail go?
5. Where does the ship dock?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)