|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity is part of the evening's schedule?
(c) High tea.
(d) Listening to music.
2. Where will the group be forced to stay?
(a) Aboard the ship.
(b) Pago Pago.
(c) In a hotel.
(d) In the local infirmary.
3. What is the estimated year?
4. Name one thing that has been eliminated from Davidson's district.
(a) Wearing black.
(c) Performing music on the beach.
5. Which of the following has been practically eradicated from Davidson's district?
(a) Native dress.
(b) Living in huts.
6. What adjective could be used to best describe Macphail?
7. Who takes charge of the situation?
(a) Mrs. Davidson.
(b) Ship's captain.
8. What is the passenger ship's destination?
(a) Bora Bora.
9. Where had Davidson served on a previous mission?
(a) American Samoa.
(c) Solomon Islands.
10. What time of day does Mrs. Davidson spend with Mrs. Macphail telling endless tales of her experiences?
(b) Late night.
11. How much longer will the guests be required to stay on the island?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 1 week.
12. How many principal characters have been introduced to date?
13. Who oversees dinner?
(c) Mrs. Davidson.
14. What type of attitude is attributed to Macphail?
(a) Hell hath no fury.
(b) Live and let live.
15. What is the name of the trader?
Short Answer Questions
1. What region is designated for the Davidsons?
2. What annoys the travelers?
3. Which is not eventually adopted by the island inhabitants?
4. What is Mrs. Macphail's opinion of the Davidsons?
5. Who does Davidson go to visit?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)