|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does Thompson use for money?
2. To whom is Mr. Davidson compared?
(c) Attila the Hun.
3. How long will the group be quarantined?
(a) 14 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 21 days.
(d) 12 days.
4. What does Mrs. Macphail hope will impress the Davidsons?
(a) Good grammar.
(c) Appropriate dress.
(d) Table manners.
5. What word best describes the Macphails at this point?
6. What is the passenger ship's destination?
(b) Bora Bora.
7. How much longer will the guests be required to stay on the island?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 2 weeks.
8. What about Thompson does Macphail admire?
(b) Feminine wiles.
9. Which is not eventually adopted by the island inhabitants?
(a) New hygiene standards.
(b) European dress.
(c) Religious values.
(d) Change in sexual habits.
10. What time of day does Mrs. Davidson spend with Mrs. Macphail telling endless tales of her experiences?
(b) Late night.
11. How many people converse with Macphail?
12. What term does Thompson use for alcohol?
(b) Lighter fluid.
13. What are the passengers forced to deal with in relation to the accommodations?
14. Which location turns out to be the main setting in the story?
(a) Pago Pago.
15. Where does the ship dock?
(b) Bora Bora.
(c) Pago Pago.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the argument about?
2. Who oversees dinner?
3. What do the Davidsons have over the Macphails?
4. What interrupts the group's conversation?
5. Mrs. Davidson is grateful for which of the following?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)