|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is enamored of Thompson?
2. What adjective is used by Mrs. Davidson to describe the inhabitants?
3. What term does Thompson use for money?
4. The passengers' rooms are nearly devoid of which object?
5. Who supposedly lives at the ship's destination?
(a) Island natives.
(b) No one.
(c) Christian school children.
(d) European settlers.
6. What adjective can best be used to describe Mrs. Davidson?
7. Which word would Macphail use to describe the natives?
8. What is Mrs. Macphail's opinion of the Davidsons?
9. Where is the offer fulfilled?
(a) On the ship's upper deck.
(b) In a restaurant.
(c) On the shore.
(d) In Thompson's room.
10. What about Thompson does Macphail admire?
(a) Feminine wiles.
11. What object does Davidson attempt to break?
(b) Tea pot.
12. What type of attitude is attributed to Macphail?
(a) Hell hath no fury.
(c) Live and let live.
13. Which of the following has been practically eradicated from Davidson's district?
(a) Living in huts.
(c) Native dress.
14. Who informs the group of the prolonged quarantine?
(a) Mr. Davidson.
(b) Island doctor.
(c) Small boy.
15. What type of clothing does Thomson prefer?
(a) Thrift store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word might Macphail use to describe Davidson's tactics?
2. Which is not eventually adopted by the island inhabitants?
3. From what ailment is Macphail recovering?
4. Who joins Macphail as the boat approaches the harbor?
5. What necessity is lacking on the island?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)