|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day does Mrs. Davidson spend with Mrs. Macphail telling endless tales of her experiences?
(a) Late night.
2. What object does Davidson attempt to break?
(d) Tea pot.
3. The inhabitants on the island do not celebrate or practice _____________.
(a) American holidays.
4. What does Macphail fetch?
5. Where had Davidson served on a previous mission?
(a) American Samoa.
(b) Solomon Islands.
6. To whom is Mr. Davidson compared?
(a) Attila the Hun.
7. The passengers' rooms are nearly devoid of which object?
8. Mrs. Davidson is grateful for which of the following?
(a) Remembering her raincoat.
(b) Hot coffee.
(c) Not having to serve on the island.
9. What is Macphail's opinion of the Davidsons?
10. Davidson believes Thompson is involved in which profession?
11. Which character is accustomed to getting his/her own way?
(a) Mrs. Davidson.
(b) Mr. Davidson.
(c) Dr. Macphail.
(d) Mrs. Macphail.
12. What happens after dinner?
(a) Guests go to bed.
(b) Guests play cards.
(c) Guests watch television.
(d) Guests read.
13. What word might Macphail use to describe Davidson's tactics?
14. From which country had Mrs. Davidson just returned?
15. What do the Davidsons have over the Macphails?
Short Answer Questions
1. What adjective is used by Mrs. Davidson to describe the inhabitants?
2. What is the occupation of Alec Macphail?
3. Which location turns out to be the main setting in the story?
4. Where will the group be forced to stay?
5. Which is not eventually adopted by the island inhabitants?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)