1. What is the mode of transportation mentioned at the beginning of the story?
The mode of transportation used by the travelers is a ship - a passenger steamer.
2. Where are the travelers headed in this part of the story?
The travelers are headed toward in the island of Tutuila.
3. In what part of the world does the story take place?
At this point, the main story take places in the South Pacific Ocean.
4. At this point, how far are the travelers from their destination?
The travelers are about twelve hours from their destination in Pago Pago Harbor.
5. What is the collective general personality of each couple?
The Macphails are reserved and the Davidsons are pious and judgmental.
6. To whom is Davidson compared by Dr. Macphail?
Dr. Macphail unfavorably compares Davidson's attitudes to those espoused by Jesus Christ.
7. What is Mrs. Davidson's opinion on the inhabitants of Tutuila?
Mrs. Davidson says that the island of Tutuila is, in her opinion, full of notoriously immoral natives.
This section contains 1,955 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)