|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dona Margarita tell Salvador she needs to do right as the ceremony is about to start?
2. What does Dona Guadalupe tell Juan about her daughters?
3. What dream do Lupe and Juan share?
4. Which two of Salvador's friends loan him money for his wedding celebration?
5. Which of Lupe's sisters organizes a strike so that women can get paid for the work they do?
Essay Topic 1
Please provide a brief summary and history of Prohibition in the United States. What role does Prohibition play in this novel and which character(s) is most directly affected by Prohibition?
Essay Topic 2
Symbolism is used in this story. Please provide on example of how the author attempted to use symbolism in this story. Do you think that the author's attempts at symbolism are successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Define a protagonist and an antagonist and their roles in a piece of literary fiction. Please provide two examples of of protagonists in this story and state who their antagonist is, and what the situation/relationship of opposition is between the protagonist and the antagonist you choose.
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)