Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Salvador ask to formally ask for Lupe's hand in marriage on his behalf?
2. What is Archie's wedding gift to Salvador?
3. Why does Luisa refuse to go to Salvador and Lupe's wedding?
4. Who arrives at Dona Margarita's house and is mistaken for her husband?
5. Which two of Salvador's friends loan him money for his wedding celebration?
Essay Topic 1
Symbolism is used in this story. Please provide on example of how the author attempted to use symbolism in this story. Do you think that the author's attempts at symbolism are successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Religion is seen throughout the story. What role does religion play in this novel and in the lives of the characters in the story? Please provide two to four examples of the role or purpose of religion in the story and in the lives of the characters.
Essay Topic 3
Please provide a brief summary and history of Prohibition in the United States. What role does Prohibition play in this novel and which character(s) is most directly affected by Prohibition?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)