|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Salvador ask to formally ask for Lupe's hand in marriage on his behalf?
2. What is Archie's wedding gift to Salvador?
3. Why does Luisa refuse to go to Salvador and Lupe's wedding?
4. Who arrives at Dona Margarita's house and is mistaken for her husband?
5. Which two of Salvador's friends loan him money for his wedding celebration?
Essay Topic 1
Define what a back-story is in literature and the purpose it serves. Please provide one example of a back-story that can be found in "Rain of Gold" and give your opinion on whether or not this back-story meets all the qualifications of an acceptable back-story.
Essay Topic 2
Please define what a plot twist is in a novel. Provide one main example of a plot twist that can be found in this story, and how it changed the direction of the plot.
Essay Topic 3
Gold and wealth is a topic that is seen throughout the novel. Please describe the role of gold and/or money (wealth) in the following stages of the story: 1) In the village life of La Lluvia de Oro and those who lived there, 2) In the case of those trying to travel to the U.S. in order to leave Mexico, and 3) In the lives of Lupe's family and Salvador's family after arriving in the United States. Please note the role that money/gold or the lack of money/gold played in each of these situations.
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)