|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After some time in California, Juan comes to realize that Mexicans are viewed there as what?
2. What does Dona Guadalupe tell Juan about her daughters?
3. Why does Juan agree to confess to a murder he did not commit?
4. What does Rose-Mary say to Lupe as she is headed to meet Salvador's family?
5. What is Dona Margarita doing when Salvador finds her to tell her about his engagement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is narrative mode? Please describe the three main types of narrative mode. What narrative mode(s) are used in "Rain of Gold? Please provide an example of this narrative mode.
Essay Topic 2
Please describe what purpose tone plays in a novel, what/where tone is seen or conveyed in a novel, and provide three examples of tone in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Please provide a brief summary and history of Prohibition in the United States. What role does Prohibition play in this novel and which character(s) is most directly affected by Prohibition?
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)