Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Salvador ask to formally ask for Lupe's hand in marriage on his behalf?
2. What is Archie's wedding gift to Salvador?
3. Why does Luisa refuse to go to Salvador and Lupe's wedding?
4. Who arrives at Dona Margarita's house and is mistaken for her husband?
5. Which two of Salvador's friends loan him money for his wedding celebration?
Essay Topic 1
Racism against those of Mexican descent is seen in various parts of this story. Please provide at least three examples where racism against Mexicans is seen. Who is the racist party? On the other side, please provide at least three examples of individuals who seem to ignore the racial differences between themselves and those of Mexican heritage.
Essay Topic 2
Religion is seen throughout the story. What role does religion play in this novel and in the lives of the characters in the story? Please provide two to four examples of the role or purpose of religion in the story and in the lives of the characters.
Essay Topic 3
Define a protagonist and an antagonist and their roles in a piece of literary fiction. Please provide two examples of of protagonists in this story and state who their antagonist is, and what the situation/relationship of opposition is between the protagonist and the antagonist you choose.
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)