Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Salvador ask to formally ask for Lupe's hand in marriage on his behalf?
2. What is Archie's wedding gift to Salvador?
3. Why does Luisa refuse to go to Salvador and Lupe's wedding?
4. Who arrives at Dona Margarita's house and is mistaken for her husband?
5. Which two of Salvador's friends loan him money for his wedding celebration?
Essay Topic 1
Please compare and contrast the idea of courting versus today's idea of dating. What is found in this story? Courting or dating? Please explain the scenario in which courting or dating is found in this story, which characters are involved, and how their courtship ends.
Essay Topic 2
What purpose does setting have in a literary work? What are some ways or means though which setting is established in this novel? Please provide three examples of settings that can be found in this story.
Essay Topic 3
Symbolism is used in this story. Please provide on example of how the author attempted to use symbolism in this story. Do you think that the author's attempts at symbolism are successful? Why or why not?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)