|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Juan hold the first day he works at the rock quarry?
(a) Cafeteria worker.
(c) Powder man.
(d) A foreman.
2. What does Rose-Mary say to Lupe as she is headed to meet Salvador's family?
(a) She tells Lupe that Salvador has secretly proposed to her as well.
(b) She tells Lupe her fiance is a bootlegger.
(c) She tells Lupe it does not matter who she marries, she is nothing.
(d) She apologizes to Lupe for all the mean things she has ever said.
3. What does Ojos Puros claim is the cause of Don Victor's fever?
(a) The gold.
(c) Lack of food.
4. What happens the day after Epitacio gambles away his paycheck?
(a) Epitacio works a double shift to earn his money back.
(b) Epitacio disappears.
(c) Juan goes and wins back all the lost money.
(d) Both Juan and Epitacio do not show up to work.
5. What does Juan make his nephews do to teach them a lesson for their misbehavior toward their teacher?
(a) They have to apologize to the teacher in front of the entire school.
(b) They have to shovel chicken poop and move heavy barrels.
(c) They have to clean their entire house and yard.
(d) Juan grounds them both for two months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dona Margarita name her son Juan Salvador?
2. Who is the young man who asks to walk Lupe home from the library and carry her books?
3. Where does Salvador take Lupe so they can be more alone?
4. Is the strike successful?
5. Because of their efforts in starting a strike, what happens to Lupe and her sisters as employees?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)