|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal is hanging from the tree near the ruins of Don Manuel's store?
(a) A goat.
(b) A burro.
(c) A deer.
(d) A calf.
2. What is inside the metal box that Sophia finds in her fireplace?
(a) Deeds to land.
(b) Paper money.
3. Why does Luisa refuse to go to Salvador and Lupe's wedding?
(a) She feels that Lupe's family looks down on her and her family.
(b) She is against Lupe and does not support the marriage.
(c) She does not feel as though she is dressed properly.
(d) She is not feeling well and does not want to get out of bed.
4. Why are Lupe and her sisters refused pay when they are working in the fields?
(a) Because they are poor workers.
(b) Because they argue with the foreman too much.
(c) Because they damage the produce as they pick them.
(d) Because they are women.
5. Why has Al come from Italy to the United States?
(a) To oversee the making of fine liquor.
(b) To join the mob in America.
(c) For religious freedom.
(d) To join the family restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lupe embarrassed to drive a car in front of the other workers at the apricot fields?
2. What has Salvador told Lupe's family is his business?
3. Why does Juan sneak back into the U.S. just days after he has left to return to Mexico?
4. Besides being the owners of a gambling hall, what other prominent position does Archie Freeman hold?
5. What does Juan make his nephews do to teach them a lesson for their misbehavior toward their teacher?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)