|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ojos Puros claim is the cause of Don Victor's fever?
(a) The gold.
(b) Lack of food.
2. What does Dona Margarita tell Salvador she needs to do right as the ceremony is about to start?
(a) She feels sick and needs to lay down.
(b) She has to go drink some water.
(c) She needs to pass gas.
(d) She has to go to the bathroom.
3. Who is the young man who asks to walk Lupe home from the library and carry her books?
4. How long does Don Victor tell the priest and Salvador it will be before he gives them an answer regarding the proposal to Lupe?
(a) Three days.
(b) A week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Five days.
5. Why does Luisa refuse to go to Salvador and Lupe's wedding?
(a) She is against Lupe and does not support the marriage.
(b) She does not feel as though she is dressed properly.
(c) She feels that Lupe's family looks down on her and her family.
(d) She is not feeling well and does not want to get out of bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state is the priest in when Salvador goes to find him to formerly propose?
2. Which two of Salvador's friends loan him money for his wedding celebration?
3. What does Mark's uncle offer Lupe?
4. When Lupe and her family finally find Don Manuel in California, what does he do for them?
5. How do Domingo and Salvador end up in jail in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. What scheme does Juan try while working as a miner in Douglas, and what is the result?
2. How do Archie and Domingo meet and become friends?
3. What has Lupe told Salvador about marriage that Dona Margarita says is true?
4. What do Pedro and Jose do to their teacher, and what punishment does Juan give them?
5. How does the priest act when asking for Lupe's hand in marriage on behalf of Salvador?
6. Why does Dona Margarita want to go to Chicago, and what do others think about this?
7. How does a bull horn and some mercury help Victoriano collect gold quicker?
8. What role does Archie play at the wedding reception?
9. How does Lupe respond, verbally and emotionally, when Mark declares that he wants to marry her?
10. What are the circumstances in which Lupe first sees Juan, and what does she think of him?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)