|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because he is not bailed out, how many years in prison does Domingo get?
2. What tips Juan off that there is a trap waiting for him at the hotel where he is supposed to sell his bootleg liquor?
(a) An anonymous note left in his car.
(b) His mother's vision.
(c) The whispers of some men in the pool hall.
(d) Warnings from Archie.
3. What is Archie's wedding gift to Salvador?
(a) Better equipment for liquor making.
(b) A new house.
(c) A new car.
(d) A truck full of cattle.
4. Who does Salvador ask to formally ask for Lupe's hand in marriage on his behalf?
(b) No one, he will do it himself.
(c) The priest.
5. What does Mark's uncle offer Lupe?
(a) To help Lupe get her teaching certificate.
(b) To pay for their wedding.
(c) A job assisting him at his office.
(d) A new car in celebration of their engagement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dona Margarita disapprove of Domingo and Nellie's relationship?
2. What does Juan make his nephews do to teach them a lesson for their misbehavior toward their teacher?
3. What horrible act do Pedro and Jose do to their teacher?
4. What is the one condition that Dona Guadalupe sets on the acceptance of Salvador's proposal?
5. What happens the day after Epitacio gambles away his paycheck?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)