|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Epitacio give Juan for leaving him back in Douglas, Arizona when they were younger?
(a) He says that Juan's mother called for him.
(b) He tells Juan that he thought Juan was free, so he left.
(c) Epitacio said he was scared for his life and ran.
(d) Epitacio says he was tricked into going to Chicago.
2. What does Dona Margarita tell Salvador she needs to do right as the ceremony is about to start?
(a) She needs to pass gas.
(b) She has to go drink some water.
(c) She feels sick and needs to lay down.
(d) She has to go to the bathroom.
3. What does Ojos Puros claim is the cause of Don Victor's fever?
(b) The gold.
(c) Lack of food.
4. What new name does Juan take for himself?
5. What does Rose-Mary say to Lupe as she is headed to meet Salvador's family?
(a) She apologizes to Lupe for all the mean things she has ever said.
(b) She tells Lupe it does not matter who she marries, she is nothing.
(c) She tells Lupe her fiance is a bootlegger.
(d) She tells Lupe that Salvador has secretly proposed to her as well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the barrel of whiskey located at the reception?
2. What does Victoriano use to funnel the gold he has found to speed up the collection process?
3. What do the newlyweds talk about when they sneak off to be alone?
4. What does Archie allow Juan to do at his gambling hall during the Festival of the Stringbeans?
5. Why is Salvador angry when his friend brings him a goat as a wedding gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Salvador ask Lupe for her hand in marriage?
2. What happens to Juan when two men try to take his gambling winnings in California?
3. How does the priest act when asking for Lupe's hand in marriage on behalf of Salvador?
4. When Juan visits his mother at church dressed like a woman, what information does she share with him?
5. How does Juan come to learn how to make liquor?
6. In what state does Juan find his mother when he arrives in Los Angeles?
7. What are the circumstances in which Lupe first sees Juan, and what does she think of him?
8. Why isn't Sophia on the ship that sinks on its voyage to America?
9. How do Archie and Domingo meet and become friends?
10. What do Pedro and Jose do to their teacher, and what punishment does Juan give them?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)