|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the barrel of whiskey located at the reception?
(a) It is hidden for those who want it.
(b) It is out on the table.
(c) It is right next to the food.
(d) It is in the kitchen.
2. Because he is not bailed out, how many years in prison does Domingo get?
3. What does Dona Guadalupe tell Juan about her daughters?
(a) They are all already married or engaged.
(b) None of them like Juan at all.
(c) They do not ever want to be married.
(d) They will never be able to marry a man who gambles or drinks.
4. After some time in California, Juan comes to realize that Mexicans are viewed there as what?
(a) They are at the top level of the social ladder.
(b) They are seen as nothing.
(c) They are seen as equals to all other races.
(d) They are respected if they are educated.
5. What household item does Salvador break at Lupe's house by falling on it?
(a) A small foot stool.
(b) A vase that is a family heirloom.
(c) The kitchen table.
(d) A chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the men barbecuing at the reception?
2. Who comes to bail Salvador out of prison?
3. Who brings a barrel of whiskey to the reception?
4. Where is the wedding reception held?
5. Why is Lupe embarrassed to drive a car in front of the other workers at the apricot fields?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what state does Juan find his mother when he arrives in Los Angeles?
2. What are the circumstances in which Lupe first sees Juan, and what does she think of him?
3. What agreement do Archie and Juan come to in Chapter 18?
4. How does Lupe respond, verbally and emotionally, when Mark declares that he wants to marry her?
5. How do Archie and Domingo meet and become friends?
6. Where do Salvador and Lupe go off to and talk during their reception?
7. What news does Don Victor bring back from the lowlands regarding Sophia?
8. How does the priest act when asking for Lupe's hand in marriage on behalf of Salvador?
9. How does Juan come to learn how to make liquor?
10. How does Salvador get out of jail in Chapter 23?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)