|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Al come from Italy to the United States?
(a) For religious freedom.
(b) To join the mob in America.
(c) To join the family restaurant.
(d) To oversee the making of fine liquor.
2. What is inside the metal box that Sophia finds in her fireplace?
(a) Deeds to land.
(d) Paper money.
3. Who brings a barrel of whiskey to the reception?
4. How old is Juan when he is sent to prison?
(a) Eleven years old.
(b) Thirteen years old.
(c) Fifteen years old.
(d) Eighteen years old.
5. When Juan escapes from prison, which state does he eventually end up in?
(c) North Dakota.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lupe respond when Salvador asks her to dance at the dance hall?
2. After some time in California, Juan comes to realize that Mexicans are viewed there as what?
3. Where does Juan go to find the two men that stole his money and cut his face when he first arrives in Los Angeles?
4. How is Luisa's neighborhood described?
5. How do Domingo and Salvador end up in jail in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Salvador and Domingo end up in jail in Chapter 23?
2. What has Lupe told Salvador about marriage that Dona Margarita says is true?
3. What are the costs of the strike to Lupe and her sisters?
4. Where do Salvador and Lupe go off to and talk during their reception?
5. How does Juan feel when he sees Lupe with Mark?
6. What agreement do Archie and Juan come to in Chapter 18?
7. How does the priest act when asking for Lupe's hand in marriage on behalf of Salvador?
8. In what state does Juan find his mother when he arrives in Los Angeles?
9. Why does Dona Margarita not want Domingo to be the one to ask for Lupe's hand in marriage on behalf of Salvador?
10. How does Salvador get out of jail in Chapter 23?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)