|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the men barbecuing at the reception?
(a) Tongue and Pollo.
(b) Beef and chicken.
(d) Pork and beef.
2. What dream do Lupe and Juan share?
(a) They both want to be free, never having to marry or settle down.
(b) That their children be educated, not having to bow to anyone.
(c) They both have a dream to travel the world and leave the U.S. behind.
(d) They would like both to return to Mexico and start a family.
3. Why does Juan agree to confess to a murder he did not commit?
(a) Because jail is easier then life.
(b) Because they promise not to give him a life sentence.
(c) Because his mother will get $500 if he does.
(d) Because his life is threatened if he does not.
4. Why does Dona Margarita disapprove of Domingo and Nellie's relationship?
(a) Because they are sleeping together outside of wedlock.
(b) Because she thinks Nellie is too old for Domingo.
(c) Because Domingo has a wife in Mexico.
(d) Because Nellie is already married.
5. What news does Don Victor bring back from the lowlands about his daughter Sophia?
(a) Sophia changed her mind and is going to Juarez.
(b) Sophia has made it safely to the U.S.
(c) Sophia's ship to the U.S. has sunk in the sea.
(d) Sophia is on the train on her way to Texas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Salvador angry when his friend brings him a goat as a wedding gift?
2. Where does Dona Margarita decide to go in order to find her son Domingo?
3. Where does Salvador take Lupe so they can be more alone?
4. What does Dona Guadalupe tell Juan about her daughters?
5. What does Juan's mother make him promise?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Salvador react when a friend who refused to lend him money when he needed it stops by his house a few days before the wedding?
2. How does a bull horn and some mercury help Victoriano collect gold quicker?
3. Why isn't Sophia on the ship that sinks on its voyage to America?
4. When Juan visits his mother at church dressed like a woman, what information does she share with him?
5. In what state does Juan find his mother when he arrives in Los Angeles?
6. Why does Juan agree to a life sentence in prison?
7. How does Salvador ask Lupe for her hand in marriage?
8. What are the circumstances in which Lupe first sees Juan, and what does she think of him?
9. Where do Salvador and Lupe go off to and talk during their reception?
10. What happens to Juan when two men try to take his gambling winnings in California?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)