|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Victor tell Lupe that makes her resent him?
(a) He tells her she is too small to help gather the gold.
(b) He tells her she should release her pet deer into the forest.
(c) He tells her that she is not as pretty as Sophia.
(d) He tells her that she should help her mother more.
2. What special gift does Don Tiburcio bring to Dona Guadalupe for her family to share?
(a) A small pack of colorful papers.
(b) A large box of chocolates.
(c) A big bottle of wine.
(d) A honeyed ham.
3. Who is eloping with Maria?
4. Why does the first owner sell the spring?
(a) He has to move back to his home country.
(b) The war makes it too dangerous.
(c) The nuggets are depleted.
(d) He does not sell it. It is stolen.
5. Many years after the new community is settled, how does the revolution affect this small community?
(a) Their community becomes a base camp for the Federales.
(b) The revolution does not really affect their community.
(c) Their community is raided and their livestock stolen.
(d) The community becomes rich because of the revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the second owner sell the mine to?
2. How many men start the new community with Don Castro?
3. What is Don Victor's job when he meets Guadalupe?
4. Which of his daughters accompanies Don Victor back to the lowlands?
5. Where does Don Victor go in search of work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rose-Mary do to Lupe on her first day of school, and why?
2. What is Don Manuel's behavior when he comes to perform at Sophia's wedding, and why?
3. Why does Socorro leave to go to the lowlands, and what is Victoriano's response?
4. What does Lupe's family do for money in Chapter Three?
5. What happens to the teacher's salary in the little village and what action do the townspeople take when they find out?
6. What is Espirito doing when he finds the gold? Where is the gold found?
7. What does Juan tell God when he is collecting firewood?
8. Where does Juan look to gather firewood to sell?
9. How does Guadalupe come to live with Leonides Camargo?
10. What does Lupe do with the Colonel's gray coat that Socorro throws out?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)