|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
(a) Because that is what you are supposed to do to gold ore.
(b) Because it is more ore than gold.
(c) To make it seem like they have more.
(d) To make it seem like it came from the river.
2. What is Espirito offered for the golden rocks in the springs?
(a) One million dollars.
(b) Ten percent of the gold.
(c) All the clothes and food his people could need.
(d) A large ranch of his own.
3. In Chapter 12, who does the reader learn has fallen in love with Socorro?
(b) Don Tiburcio.
(d) Don Victor.
4. What family pet does Dona Margarita have to kill for food?
(a) Inocenta's duck.
(b) Dona Margarita's dog.
(c) Juan's burro.
(d) Luisa's goat.
5. What job does Dona Margarita get so that she can feed her family?
(a) She is a housecleaner.
(b) She does not have a job, she begs in the city.
(c) She gets a job as a seamstress in town.
(d) She is a worker in a small market.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Don Victor believe it will take his family to gather enough gold to buy their way to the U.S.?
2. Where is Juan Salvador Villasenor traveling with his family in Chapter 8?
3. What is the name of Colonel Maytorena's wife?
4. Why are the train passengers put off the train and forced to camp while the train leaves?
5. How many babies does Socorro give birth to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Juan tell God when he is collecting firewood?
2. Why is it so hard for Don Benito to keep the secret that they have discovered gold?
3. What are Don Pio Castro and his brothers looking for when they set out from Mexico City?
4. What effect does the revolution have on Don Castro's village?
5. What happens to Victoriano, Ramon, and Don Benito on the day they are planning to blast out the gold?
6. What is Don Victor's plan to raise enough money for his family to leave for America? How long will this project take?
7. According to Chapter One, what is "Rain of Gold" about and in what time period does it take place?
8. What has Victoriano done to upset La Liebre?
9. Why do the Mexican people seem to think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
10. What is Lupe supposed to give her teacher on the first day of school?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)