|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Juan Salvador Villasenor traveling with his family in Chapter 8?
(b) Los Feliz.
(d) El Paso.
2. Who is Epitacio?
(a) Dona Margarita's brother-in-law.
(b) Juan Salvador's oldest brother.
(c) Don Castro's uncle.
(d) Luisa's second husband.
3. What is Don Tiburcio's dying request to his wife?
(a) He asks her to bury him next to his mother.
(b) He asks her to burn down their house and leave.
(c) He asks her to clean the fireplace and then leave.
(d) He asks her to make sure she never remarries.
4. Why are the people in the village leaving to find work in other areas?
(a) Because the war is coming to their village.
(b) Because a new, larger mine is opening up in another city.
(c) Because the Americans shut down the mine.
(d) Because they are sick of working for the Americans.
5. Where does Don Castro set out from when leaving to start a new community?
(a) Ciudad del Oro.
(b) Monte Negro.
(c) Mexico City.
(d) Baja California.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the pack that Don Victor brings on his back upon his return to his family?
2. Who is having trouble keeping the secret that they have discovered gold?
3. Who is eloping with Maria?
4. Which of his daughters accompanies Don Victor back to the lowlands?
5. Why is La Liebre upset with Dona Guadalupe and her family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect does the revolution have on Don Castro's village?
2. What is Espirito doing when he finds the gold? Where is the gold found?
3. In Chapter Five, why does La Liebre want Dona Guadalupe's family captured and killed? Why doesn't this happen?
4. According to Chapter One, what is "Rain of Gold" about and in what time period does it take place?
5. What has Victoriano done to upset La Liebre?
6. How does Guadalupe come to live with Leonides Camargo?
7. What events lead to the death of Don Tiburcio?
8. What is the setting like when Socorro is giving birth?
9. What does Lupe's family do for money in Chapter Three?
10. In Chapter Eight, what has recently happened to Emilia?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)