|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
(a) She cautions Lupe to not leave their hiding place.
(b) She warns Lupe not to go too near the mines.
(c) She cautions Lupe to stay away from the main roads.
(d) She warns Lupe not to like the Colonel too much.
2. Why does La Liebre decide to have Victoriano hanged in the town square?
(a) He thinks the ore he has is more valuable than it is.
(b) He and Victoriano are fighting over the same woman.
(c) Just because.
(d) He is angry because the boy talked back to him in a crowd.
3. Many years after the new community is settled, how does the revolution affect this small community?
(a) The community becomes rich because of the revolution.
(b) The revolution does not really affect their community.
(c) Their community is raided and their livestock stolen.
(d) Their community becomes a base camp for the Federales.
4. Who does Don Benito fall in love with while in town?
5. What does Lupe find near the altar that she has made for Colonel Maytorena?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A small fawn.
(c) A letter from the Colonel.
(d) A small clump of gold ore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Victor give to Don Manuel to help him through the wedding ceremony?
2. What favor does Senora Munoz ask of Lupe at school one day?
3. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
4. What is Espirito offered for the golden rocks in the springs?
5. Where do Dona Guadalupe and her children hide when the army horsemen come through their canyon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect does the revolution have on Don Castro's village?
2. What is Don Manuel's behavior when he comes to perform at Sophia's wedding, and why?
3. What happens to Victoriano, Ramon, and Don Benito on the day they are planning to blast out the gold?
4. According to Chapter One, what is "Rain of Gold" about and in what time period does it take place?
5. What does Lupe do with the Colonel's gray coat that Socorro throws out?
6. What does Lupe's family do for money in Chapter Three?
7. Why is it so hard for Don Benito to keep the secret that they have discovered gold?
8. In Chapter Eight, what has recently happened to Emilia?
9. What is Lupe supposed to give her teacher on the first day of school?
10. What events lead to the death of Don Tiburcio?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)