|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the second owner sell the mine to?
(a) A large American mining company.
(b) The Mexican Federales.
(c) A British oil company.
(d) Espirito's grandchildren.
2. How is the time of day described when Socorro is giving birth?
(a) The rain is storming outside.
(b) The sun is blazing in the sky.
(c) There is a full moon.
(d) It is a dark night with no moon or stars for light.
3. As Juan heads back to Juarez, how does the city look?
(a) The city looks dark and lifeless.
(b) The city looks as though there is a celebration happening.
(c) The city looks like it is burning.
(d) The city looks beautiful and colorful.
4. What year does the Mexican Revolution start?
5. What does Dona Guadalupe want to do with her share of the gold that they have found?
(a) She wants to make sure her children go to college.
(b) She wants to find a nice house in Mexico City.
(c) She wants to buy a ranchero in the country.
(d) She wants to move her family to the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What one item of Colonel Maytorena's clothing does Lupe rescue from being discarded?
2. Why are the train passengers put off the train and forced to camp while the train leaves?
3. What does Don Victor give to Don Manuel to help him through the wedding ceremony?
4. What does the midwife say about the pain tolerance of men?
5. What is it that crashes into the canyon and causes many, including Guadalupe, to think it is the end of the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lupe's family do for money in Chapter Three?
2. What happens to the teacher's salary in the little village and what action do the townspeople take when they find out?
3. What is Espirito doing when he finds the gold? Where is the gold found?
4. How does Guadalupe come to live with Leonides Camargo?
5. What does Lupe do with the Colonel's gray coat that Socorro throws out?
6. What are Don Pio Castro and his brothers looking for when they set out from Mexico City?
7. According to Chapter One, what is "Rain of Gold" about and in what time period does it take place?
8. What is Lupe supposed to give her teacher on the first day of school?
9. What is Don Manuel's behavior when he comes to perform at Sophia's wedding, and why?
10. What has Victoriano done to upset La Liebre?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)