|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dona Guadalupe want to do with her share of the gold that they have found?
(a) She wants to move her family to the United States.
(b) She wants to find a nice house in Mexico City.
(c) She wants to make sure her children go to college.
(d) She wants to buy a ranchero in the country.
2. Who is Epitacio?
(a) Juan Salvador's oldest brother.
(b) Luisa's second husband.
(c) Dona Margarita's brother-in-law.
(d) Don Castro's uncle.
3. What does Don Victor give to Don Manuel to help him through the wedding ceremony?
(a) Some bread and fish.
(b) A tamale.
(c) A glass of wine.
(d) A glass of Tequila.
4. When Lupe first sees Don Victor coming towards the village, what does she think he is?
(a) Some sort of strange creature.
(b) An American.
(c) The Devil.
(d) La Liebre.
5. Who has convinced Maria that she should elope?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her best friend.
(c) Her lover.
(d) Her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of his daughters accompanies Don Victor back to the lowlands?
2. Why are the train passengers put off the train and forced to camp while the train leaves?
3. Why does La Liebre decide to have Victoriano hanged in the town square?
4. What do Epitacio and Juan see across the Rio Grande?
5. Who is the mayor's eldest daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Don Manuel's behavior when he comes to perform at Sophia's wedding, and why?
2. What happens to the teacher's salary in the little village and what action do the townspeople take when they find out?
3. In Chapter Eight, what has recently happened to Emilia?
4. What events lead to the death of Don Tiburcio?
5. Under what circumstances does Guadalupe meet Don Victor and marry him?
6. What happens to the village and to Dona Guadalupe when the mine is closed?
7. How is El Paso described the first time Juan and his family see it, and how do they feel upon arriving?
8. How does Guadalupe come to live with Leonides Camargo?
9. What has Victoriano done to upset La Liebre?
10. In Chapter Five, why does La Liebre want Dona Guadalupe's family captured and killed? Why doesn't this happen?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)