|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Don Tiburcio's dying request to his wife?
(a) He asks her to bury him next to his mother.
(b) He asks her to burn down their house and leave.
(c) He asks her to clean the fireplace and then leave.
(d) He asks her to make sure she never remarries.
2. In Chapter 12, who does the reader learn has fallen in love with Socorro?
(a) Don Victor.
(c) Don Tiburcio.
3. Why does Socorro throw out all of her husband's clothing?
(a) She is going to buy him all new clothes for his return.
(b) She needs to move and cannot take them all with her.
(c) She is angry and wants to say good-bye to him forever.
(d) She recognizes that she should donate them to others.
4. What is the reaction of Juan Salvador and his family upon seeing El Paso?
(a) They are overjoyed.
(b) They are disappointed.
(c) They are so tired they do not realize they are there.
(d) They cry because they are so happy.
5. What is it that crashes into the canyon and causes many, including Guadalupe, to think it is the end of the world?
(a) A cannonball.
(c) A meteorite.
(d) A large boulder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Epitacio?
2. What is the name of Colonel Maytorena's wife?
3. Where is most of the good firewood found?
4. Why does La Liebre decide to have Victoriano hanged in the town square?
5. What special gift does Don Tiburcio bring to Dona Guadalupe for her family to share?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the teacher's salary in the little village and what action do the townspeople take when they find out?
2. How is El Paso described the first time Juan and his family see it, and how do they feel upon arriving?
3. What does Juan tell God when he is collecting firewood?
4. Why does Socorro leave to go to the lowlands, and what is Victoriano's response?
5. What effect does the revolution have on Don Castro's village?
6. What is Lupe supposed to give her teacher on the first day of school?
7. How does Guadalupe come to live with Leonides Camargo?
8. What happens to Victoriano, Ramon, and Don Benito on the day they are planning to blast out the gold?
9. What events lead to the death of Don Tiburcio?
10. What is Espirito doing when he finds the gold? Where is the gold found?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)