|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town midwife?
2. Where does Lupe go to school?
(a) The small school in the next town.
(b) At her neighbors, Tia Juanita's.
(c) At the Universidad.
(d) The American compound near the mine.
3. Why are the animals howling and calling out while Socorro is giving birth?
(a) They sense the impending doom coming.
(b) They can hear the Federales approaching.
(c) They are responding to her screams.
(d) It is feeding time and they are hungry.
4. Why does Juan Salvador distract the foreman of a farm as his family is passing it?
(a) So that his family can cut through the field as a shortcut.
(b) Because he is a troublemaker.
(c) So that his family can steal corn.
(d) So that his family can sneak into the barn to take a nap.
5. What year does the Mexican Revolution start?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one condition that Espirito and his people put on the spring when they sell it?
2. What does Don Victor give to Don Manuel to help him through the wedding ceremony?
3. Why is Victoriano looking through the discarded ore for gold?
4. What does Dona Guadalupe offer to make for Don Benito?
5. What is the reaction of Juan Salvador and his family upon seeing El Paso?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the condition that the townspeople put on collecting the gold from the spring?
2. What happens to the teacher's salary in the little village and what action do the townspeople take when they find out?
3. What does Lupe do with the Colonel's gray coat that Socorro throws out?
4. Why are Juan and his family heading north to El Paso?
5. Why is it so hard for Don Benito to keep the secret that they have discovered gold?
6. How does Guadalupe come to live with Leonides Camargo?
7. What does the midwife tell Lupe about pain?
8. What does Juan tell God when he is collecting firewood?
9. In Chapter Eight, what has recently happened to Emilia?
10. According to Chapter One, what is "Rain of Gold" about and in what time period does it take place?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)