|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lupe find near the altar that she has made for Colonel Maytorena?
(a) A small fawn.
(b) A letter from the Colonel.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A small clump of gold ore.
2. What is the name of the young man who is hired by Don Benito to help move rocks and earth from the gold find?
3. Who has convinced Maria that she should elope?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her lover.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) Her mother.
4. Where does Don Victor go in search of work?
(a) Baja California.
(b) El Paso.
(c) The lowlands.
(d) The seashore.
5. When Lupe first sees Don Victor coming towards the village, what does she think he is?
(a) La Liebre.
(b) Some sort of strange creature.
(c) The Devil.
(d) An American.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dona Guadalupe offer to make for Don Benito?
2. Victoriano is badly beaten after trying to defend what from the bandits?
3. What one item of Colonel Maytorena's clothing does Lupe rescue from being discarded?
4. How is the time of day described when Socorro is giving birth?
5. What is the reaction of Juan Salvador and his family upon seeing El Paso?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the village and to Dona Guadalupe when the mine is closed?
2. In Chapter Eight, what has recently happened to Emilia?
3. Why does Socorro leave to go to the lowlands, and what is Victoriano's response?
4. According to Chapter One, what is "Rain of Gold" about and in what time period does it take place?
5. Why do the Mexican people seem to think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
6. What is Lupe supposed to give her teacher on the first day of school?
7. What is the condition that the townspeople put on collecting the gold from the spring?
8. What effect does the revolution have on Don Castro's village?
9. What does Lupe's family do for money in Chapter Three?
10. Where does Juan look to gather firewood to sell?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)