|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Don Benito feel that he needs to impress in Chapter 3?
(b) Dona Guadalupe.
(c) Don Manuel.
(d) Colonel Maytorena.
2. What is Don Victor's job when he meets Guadalupe?
(a) A carpenter.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A store owner.
(d) A tanner.
3. Towards the end of Chapter 7, what do the soldiers do in response to the angry crowds they see in the village?
(a) They attack those who are rising against them.
(b) They flee from the village.
(c) They do nothing and wait for the villagers to calm down.
(d) They taunt the angry crowds.
4. Why is La Liebre upset with Dona Guadalupe and her family?
(a) Because they are friends of Colonel Maytorena.
(b) Victoriano tried to marry the woman he loves.
(c) Dona Guadalupe tried to take the gold from his land.
(d) Dona Guadalupe caused his horse to break its leg.
5. What type of land are Don Castro and his companions looking for to start their new community?
(a) Land with gold to be mined.
(c) Fertile land.
(d) Coastal land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is most of the good firewood found?
2. What is the reaction of Juan Salvador and his family upon seeing El Paso?
3. What does the Colonel give to Lupe to give to her teacher?
4. On the day they are scheduled to blast the location where they located their gold, what does Victoriano forget and have to go back home to retrieve?
5. What Indian tribe is Leonides Camargo fighting against?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lupe supposed to give her teacher on the first day of school?
2. What is the setting like when Socorro is giving birth?
3. Where does Juan look to gather firewood to sell?
4. What effect does the revolution have on Don Castro's village?
5. What events lead to the death of Don Tiburcio?
6. What does Lupe do with the Colonel's gray coat that Socorro throws out?
7. What is Don Victor's plan to raise enough money for his family to leave for America? How long will this project take?
8. What has Victoriano done to upset La Liebre?
9. According to Chapter One, what is "Rain of Gold" about and in what time period does it take place?
10. How is El Paso described the first time Juan and his family see it, and how do they feel upon arriving?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)