|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon does Dona Guadalupe give to her son after she frees him from being hanged?
(a) A bow and arrow.
(b) A large dagger.
(c) An old pistol.
(d) A heavy hatchet.
2. As Juan heads back to Juarez, how does the city look?
(a) The city looks as though there is a celebration happening.
(b) The city looks like it is burning.
(c) The city looks dark and lifeless.
(d) The city looks beautiful and colorful.
3. Who has convinced Maria that she should elope?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her best friend.
(c) Her lover.
(d) Her sister.
4. What does Juan use to bundle up the firewood he has collected?
(a) A long palm leaf.
(b) Dried out long grass.
(c) A small string.
(d) His belt.
5. What does Don Victor tell Lupe that makes her resent him?
(a) He tells her she should release her pet deer into the forest.
(b) He tells her she is too small to help gather the gold.
(c) He tells her that she is not as pretty as Sophia.
(d) He tells her that she should help her mother more.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two sides involved in the great war that is occurring in the valley?
2. What favor does Senora Munoz ask of Lupe at school one day?
3. What is Don Victor's job when he meets Guadalupe?
4. Who is the mayor's eldest daughter?
5. Why does La Liebre decide to have Victoriano hanged in the town square?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lupe tell her mother about her feelings for Mark and Salvador?
2. Where do Salvador and Lupe go off to and talk during their reception?
3. What do Pedro and Jose do to their teacher, and what punishment does Juan give them?
4. In Chapter Eight, what has recently happened to Emilia?
5. What happens to Victoriano, Ramon, and Don Benito on the day they are planning to blast out the gold?
6. In Chapter Five, why does La Liebre want Dona Guadalupe's family captured and killed? Why doesn't this happen?
7. How does Juan come to learn how to make liquor?
8. What is Lupe supposed to give her teacher on the first day of school?
9. How does Juan feel when he sees Lupe with Mark?
10. What are Don Pio Castro and his brothers looking for when they set out from Mexico City?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)