|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What favor does Senora Munoz ask of Lupe at school one day?
(a) To hide a small box at her house.
(b) To bring her a little cheese each day.
(c) To take a letter to Victoriano for her.
(d) To not tell anyone she is leaving soon.
2. When Lupe first sees Don Victor coming towards the village, what does she think he is?
(a) The Devil.
(b) Some sort of strange creature.
(c) La Liebre.
(d) An American.
3. Who does Don Benito fall in love with while in town?
4. On the day they are scheduled to blast the location where they located their gold, what does Victoriano forget and have to go back home to retrieve?
(a) The dynamite.
(b) The map to the exact location where the gold is.
(c) The flint to start off the dynamite.
(d) The lunches for the men.
5. Who are the two sides involved in the great war that is occurring in the valley?
(a) The Nationales and the Federales.
(b) The Nationales and the Libertadidos.
(c) The Guerillas and the Villistas.
(d) The Villistas and the Carranzistas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes with Don Castro to start a new community?
2. Why is La Liebre upset with Dona Guadalupe and her family?
3. What Indian tribe is Leonides Camargo fighting against?
4. At the funeral celebration for Don Benito, who announces that they are getting married?
5. Why does La Liebre decide to have Victoriano hanged in the town square?
Short Essay Questions
1. Under what circumstances does Guadalupe meet Don Victor and marry him?
2. Why do Juan and Eduardo miss the train?
3. What happens to Victoriano, Ramon, and Don Benito on the day they are planning to blast out the gold?
4. What is Lupe supposed to give her teacher on the first day of school?
5. Why does Dona Margarita not want Domingo to be the one to ask for Lupe's hand in marriage on behalf of Salvador?
6. What are Don Pio Castro and his brothers looking for when they set out from Mexico City?
7. How do Archie and Domingo meet and become friends?
8. What do Pedro and Jose do to their teacher, and what punishment does Juan give them?
9. Why do the Mexican people seem to think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
10. How does Lupe respond, verbally and emotionally, when Mark declares that he wants to marry her?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)