|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the second owner sell the mine to?
(a) A large American mining company.
(b) Espirito's grandchildren.
(c) The Mexican Federales.
(d) A British oil company.
2. Who makes fun of Lupe in front of the whole class on her first day at school?
3. Many years after the new community is settled, how does the revolution affect this small community?
(a) The community becomes rich because of the revolution.
(b) Their community is raided and their livestock stolen.
(c) The revolution does not really affect their community.
(d) Their community becomes a base camp for the Federales.
4. As Juan heads back to Juarez, how does the city look?
(a) The city looks beautiful and colorful.
(b) The city looks like it is burning.
(c) The city looks dark and lifeless.
(d) The city looks as though there is a celebration happening.
5. Why are the animals howling and calling out while Socorro is giving birth?
(a) It is feeding time and they are hungry.
(b) They are responding to her screams.
(c) They sense the impending doom coming.
(d) They can hear the Federales approaching.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Don Tiburcio's dying request to his wife?
2. Towards the end of Chapter 7, what do the soldiers do in response to the angry crowds they see in the village?
3. What is Espirito offered for the golden rocks in the springs?
4. What do the villagers do as a result of the revolution on their small community?
5. Where does Lupe go to school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Juan look to gather firewood to sell?
2. What does Rose-Mary do to Lupe on her first day of school, and why?
3. What is Don Victor's plan to raise enough money for his family to leave for America? How long will this project take?
4. What happens to the village and to Dona Guadalupe when the mine is closed?
5. Why do the Mexican people seem to think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
6. In Chapter Five, why does La Liebre want Dona Guadalupe's family captured and killed? Why doesn't this happen?
7. Why does Socorro leave to go to the lowlands, and what is Victoriano's response?
8. Why are Juan and his family heading north to El Paso?
9. What are Don Pio Castro and his brothers looking for when they set out from Mexico City?
10. How does Guadalupe come to live with Leonides Camargo?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)