|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Victoriano is badly beaten after trying to defend what from the bandits?
(a) His dog.
(b) His sister.
(c) The gold his family has collected.
(d) A food he has just hunted.
2. What does Don Victor tell Lupe that makes her resent him?
(a) He tells her that she is not as pretty as Sophia.
(b) He tells her that she should help her mother more.
(c) He tells her she is too small to help gather the gold.
(d) He tells her she should release her pet deer into the forest.
3. What does Dona Guadalupe offer to make for Don Benito?
(c) A rug.
4. Towards the end of Chapter 7, what do the soldiers do in response to the angry crowds they see in the village?
(a) They attack those who are rising against them.
(b) They do nothing and wait for the villagers to calm down.
(c) They taunt the angry crowds.
(d) They flee from the village.
5. How many babies does Socorro give birth to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does La Liebre decide to have Victoriano hanged in the town square?
2. Who does Don Benito feel that he needs to impress in Chapter 3?
3. Who misses the train to America with Juan?
4. Why are the animals howling and calling out while Socorro is giving birth?
5. On the day they are scheduled to blast the location where they located their gold, what does Victoriano forget and have to go back home to retrieve?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Chapter One, what is "Rain of Gold" about and in what time period does it take place?
2. What events lead to the death of Don Tiburcio?
3. Why do the Mexican people seem to think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
4. In Chapter Five, why does La Liebre want Dona Guadalupe's family captured and killed? Why doesn't this happen?
5. What does Lupe do with the Colonel's gray coat that Socorro throws out?
6. How is El Paso described the first time Juan and his family see it, and how do they feel upon arriving?
7. What is Don Manuel's behavior when he comes to perform at Sophia's wedding, and why?
8. What is Don Victor's plan to raise enough money for his family to leave for America? How long will this project take?
9. In Chapter Eight, what has recently happened to Emilia?
10. What happens to Victoriano, Ramon, and Don Benito on the day they are planning to blast out the gold?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)