|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Juan Salvador Villasenor traveling with his family in Chapter 8?
(b) Los Feliz.
(d) El Paso.
2. What does Don Victor tell Lupe that makes her resent him?
(a) He tells her she is too small to help gather the gold.
(b) He tells her she should release her pet deer into the forest.
(c) He tells her that she is not as pretty as Sophia.
(d) He tells her that she should help her mother more.
3. Who is Don Juan?
(a) The teacher.
(b) Dona Guadalupe's brother.
(c) The mayor of the town.
(d) Colonel Maytorena's boss.
4. Where is most of the good firewood found?
(a) High in the top branches.
(b) In Juarez.
(c) By the river.
5. What is Don Tiburcio's dying request to his wife?
(a) He asks her to clean the fireplace and then leave.
(b) He asks her to bury him next to his mother.
(c) He asks her to burn down their house and leave.
(d) He asks her to make sure she never remarries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Socorro throw out all of her husband's clothing?
2. In Chapter 12, who does the reader learn has fallen in love with Socorro?
3. How many men start the new community with Don Castro?
4. Many years after the new community is settled, how does the revolution affect this small community?
5. What does the Colonel give to Lupe to give to her teacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Salvador ask Lupe for her hand in marriage?
2. What does Rose-Mary do to Lupe on her first day of school, and why?
3. Why does Sophia organize a strike and what is the outcome?
4. Why does Dona Margarita not want Domingo to be the one to ask for Lupe's hand in marriage on behalf of Salvador?
5. Under what circumstances does Guadalupe meet Don Victor and marry him?
6. What does the midwife tell Lupe about pain?
7. What is Espirito doing when he finds the gold? Where is the gold found?
8. What agreement do Archie and Juan come to in Chapter 18?
9. What is Don Manuel's behavior when he comes to perform at Sophia's wedding, and why?
10. What are Don Pio Castro and his brothers looking for when they set out from Mexico City?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)