|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Don Victor believe it will take his family to gather enough gold to buy their way to the U.S.?
(a) Two months.
(b) Nine months.
(c) Two and a half years.
(d) About a year.
2. What is the name of Colonel Maytorena's wife?
3. How do Dona Guadalupe and her children make money?
(a) By housing the miners.
(b) By selling fruit in town.
(c) By feeding the miners.
(d) By selling their portion of the mine.
4. Which powerful person is killed by Victoriano?
(a) Don Tiburcio.
(b) Colonel Maytorena.
(c) Don Manuel.
(d) La Liebre.
5. In Chapter 12, who does the reader learn has fallen in love with Socorro?
(a) Don Victor.
(b) Don Tiburcio.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many babies does Socorro give birth to?
2. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
3. Many years after the new community is settled, how does the revolution affect this small community?
4. What weapon does Dona Guadalupe give to her son after she frees him from being hanged?
5. Where does Guadalupe work when her husband leaves her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Juan and Eduardo miss the train?
2. What effect does the revolution have on Don Castro's village?
3. What are Don Pio Castro and his brothers looking for when they set out from Mexico City?
4. What is Lupe supposed to give her teacher on the first day of school?
5. What is the setting like when Socorro is giving birth?
6. Where does Juan look to gather firewood to sell?
7. How is El Paso described the first time Juan and his family see it, and how do they feel upon arriving?
8. What has Victoriano done to upset La Liebre?
9. In Chapter Eight, what has recently happened to Emilia?
10. What does Lupe do with the Colonel's gray coat that Socorro throws out?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)