Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Juan and his sisters find seeds for their dinner while trying to walk to the U.S.?
(a) In small holes in the earth.
(b) In horse manure.
(c) In the horse corral.
(d) In cacti.
2. How long does Don Victor believe it will take his family to gather enough gold to buy their way to the U.S.?
(a) Two and a half years.
(b) Two months.
(c) About a year.
(d) Nine months.
3. What does Don Victor give to Don Manuel to help him through the wedding ceremony?
(a) A glass of wine.
(b) A tamale.
(c) A glass of Tequila.
(d) Some bread and fish.
4. Who is Epitacio?
(a) Don Castro's uncle.
(b) Juan Salvador's oldest brother.
(c) Luisa's second husband.
(d) Dona Margarita's brother-in-law.
5. What is Don Victor's job when he meets Guadalupe?
(a) A store owner.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A tanner.
(d) A carpenter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leonides do to the little Indian girl who runs at him from a burning house?
2. What is Colonel Maytorena's job while in Lupe's town?
3. What does Lupe find near the altar that she has made for Colonel Maytorena?
4. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
5. How is the time of day described when Socorro is giving birth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Mexican people seem to think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
2. How do Salvador and Domingo end up in jail in Chapter 23?
3. How does Guadalupe come to live with Leonides Camargo?
4. What is Espirito doing when he finds the gold? Where is the gold found?
5. How does Lupe respond, verbally and emotionally, when Mark declares that he wants to marry her?
6. In Chapter Eight, what has recently happened to Emilia?
7. What is Don Victor's plan to raise enough money for his family to leave for America? How long will this project take?
8. What does Lupe tell her mother about her feelings for Mark and Salvador?
9. What is the condition that the townspeople put on collecting the gold from the spring?
10. How does Dona Margarita cause a commotion at Salvador's wedding?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)