|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings a barrel of whiskey to the reception?
2. What does Mark's uncle offer Lupe?
(a) A new car in celebration of their engagement.
(b) A job assisting him at his office.
(c) To pay for their wedding.
(d) To help Lupe get her teaching certificate.
3. What ethnic background are the two men that stole Juan's money and cut his face?
(a) Irish and Chinese.
(b) Japanese and Filipino.
(c) Mexican and Italian.
(d) Italian and Filipino.
4. What does Rose-Mary say to Lupe as she is headed to meet Salvador's family?
(a) She apologizes to Lupe for all the mean things she has ever said.
(b) She tells Lupe her fiance is a bootlegger.
(c) She tells Lupe it does not matter who she marries, she is nothing.
(d) She tells Lupe that Salvador has secretly proposed to her as well.
5. Where is the barrel of whiskey located at the reception?
(a) It is right next to the food.
(b) It is in the kitchen.
(c) It is out on the table.
(d) It is hidden for those who want it.
6. How long does Don Victor tell the priest and Salvador it will be before he gives them an answer regarding the proposal to Lupe?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) A week.
(d) Five days.
7. When the Gomez family arrives in California, what do they learn about their daughter Sophia?
(a) She made it to California but died soon after.
(b) She is alive and living in California.
(c) She is alive and is in Montana.
(d) She did die at sea.
8. What does Dona Margarita tell Salvador she needs to do right as the ceremony is about to start?
(a) She has to go drink some water.
(b) She has to go to the bathroom.
(c) She feels sick and needs to lay down.
(d) She needs to pass gas.
9. Why does Luisa refuse to go to Salvador and Lupe's wedding?
(a) She does not feel as though she is dressed properly.
(b) She is against Lupe and does not support the marriage.
(c) She feels that Lupe's family looks down on her and her family.
(d) She is not feeling well and does not want to get out of bed.
10. After Sophia's husband dies, where does she leave to go to?
(a) The coast.
(c) The United States.
(d) Puerto Rico.
11. Why are Juan and Epitacio thrown into jail?
(a) For underage gambling.
(b) Because they did not show up to work.
(c) For stealing and selling copper ore.
(d) Because they stole food for their families.
12. How does Lupe respond when Salvador asks her to dance at the dance hall?
(a) She tells him she is tired but maybe next time.
(b) She admits that she cannot dance.
(c) She says she hates dancing.
(d) She says yes, of course.
13. What animal is hanging from the tree near the ruins of Don Manuel's store?
(a) A deer.
(b) A goat.
(c) A calf.
(d) A burro.
14. Where does Dona Margarita decide to go in order to find her son Domingo?
(a) St. Louis.
15. Who arrives at Dona Margarita's house and is mistaken for her husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. What horrible act do Pedro and Jose do to their teacher?
2. What are the men barbecuing at the reception?
3. What is Archie's wedding gift to Salvador?
4. When Lupe wakes up on her wedding day, what initial thoughts run through her mind?
5. How much does Lupe's engagement ring cost Salvador?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)