|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Salvador ask to formally ask for Lupe's hand in marriage on his behalf?
(c) The priest.
(d) No one, he will do it himself.
2. What is Archie's wedding gift to Salvador?
(a) A new car.
(b) Better equipment for liquor making.
(c) A new house.
(d) A truck full of cattle.
3. Why does Luisa refuse to go to Salvador and Lupe's wedding?
(a) She is not feeling well and does not want to get out of bed.
(b) She is against Lupe and does not support the marriage.
(c) She feels that Lupe's family looks down on her and her family.
(d) She does not feel as though she is dressed properly.
4. Who arrives at Dona Margarita's house and is mistaken for her husband?
5. Which two of Salvador's friends loan him money for his wedding celebration?
(a) Archie and his tailor.
(b) Kenny and the old lady he sells liquor to.
(c) Victoriano and Fred.
(d) Juan and Archie.
6. Who comes to bail Salvador out of prison?
(d) Fred Noon.
7. What does Juan discover has become of the money his mother received from his murder confession?
(a) It never made it to his mother.
(b) Most of it has been given to his cousins.
(c) Most of it was used on her medical bills.
(d) It was stolen.
8. What does Dona Guadalupe tell Juan about her daughters?
(a) They will never be able to marry a man who gambles or drinks.
(b) They are all already married or engaged.
(c) They do not ever want to be married.
(d) None of them like Juan at all.
9. When Juan escapes from prison, which state does he eventually end up in?
(c) North Dakota.
10. Besides being the owners of a gambling hall, what other prominent position does Archie Freeman hold?
(b) President of the City Council.
(c) Army Sergeant.
(d) Deputy Sheriff.
11. What position does Juan hold the first day he works at the rock quarry?
(a) Cafeteria worker.
(b) A foreman.
(d) Powder man.
12. Who brings a barrel of whiskey to the reception?
13. How much does Lupe's engagement ring cost Salvador?
14. Because he is not bailed out, how many years in prison does Domingo get?
15. What happens the day after Epitacio gambles away his paycheck?
(a) Epitacio works a double shift to earn his money back.
(b) Both Juan and Epitacio do not show up to work.
(c) Juan goes and wins back all the lost money.
(d) Epitacio disappears.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role is Lupe asked to play in the Cinco de Mayo celebration?
2. Why do the Mexican workers work under such horrible conditions?
3. Why is Lupe embarrassed to drive a car in front of the other workers at the apricot fields?
4. When the Gomez family arrives in California, what do they learn about their daughter Sophia?
5. What gift does Father Ryan thank Dona Margarita's son for?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)