|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Juan hold the first day he works at the rock quarry?
(a) A foreman.
(c) Cafeteria worker.
(d) Powder man.
2. What household item does Salvador break at Lupe's house by falling on it?
(a) A chair.
(b) The kitchen table.
(c) A small foot stool.
(d) A vase that is a family heirloom.
3. Who sends word to Juan that his mother is very ill?
(a) His father.
(c) His sister.
(d) A hospital nurse.
4. What state is the priest in when Salvador goes to find him to formerly propose?
(a) He is in confession with a church member.
(b) The priest is drunk.
(c) The priest is lamenting.
(d) He is deep in meditation and prayer.
5. Where does Dona Margarita decide to go in order to find her son Domingo?
(a) St. Louis.
6. When Lupe wakes up on her wedding day, what initial thoughts run through her mind?
(a) She is somewhat unsure of her choice to marry Salvador.
(b) She is angry that she has given in to the idea of marriage.
(c) She is so overjoyed and excited she can hardly wait.
(d) She is nervous but in a good way.
7. How old is Juan when he is sent to prison?
(a) Eighteen years old.
(b) Eleven years old.
(c) Fifteen years old.
(d) Thirteen years old.
8. After Sophia's husband dies, where does she leave to go to?
(a) Puerto Rico.
(c) The coast.
(d) The United States.
9. What does Mark's uncle offer Lupe?
(a) A job assisting him at his office.
(b) To help Lupe get her teaching certificate.
(c) To pay for their wedding.
(d) A new car in celebration of their engagement.
10. How long does Don Victor tell the priest and Salvador it will be before he gives them an answer regarding the proposal to Lupe?
(a) A week.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) Five days.
11. Who does Salvador ask to formally ask for Lupe's hand in marriage on his behalf?
(a) No one, he will do it himself.
(b) The priest.
12. What is inside the metal box that Sophia finds in her fireplace?
(a) Deeds to land.
(b) Paper money.
13. Besides being the owners of a gambling hall, what other prominent position does Archie Freeman hold?
(a) Deputy Sheriff.
(b) President of the City Council.
(d) Army Sergeant.
14. How is Luisa's neighborhood described?
(a) The streets are large and the houses are big.
(b) Things are meager but clean and bright.
(c) It is dirty with small houses.
(d) The streets are crowded but the area is nice.
15. Who arrives at Dona Margarita's house and is mistaken for her husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the men barbecuing at the reception?
2. What excuse does Epitacio give Juan for leaving him back in Douglas, Arizona when they were younger?
3. What dream do Lupe and Juan share?
4. Why is Salvador angry when his friend brings him a goat as a wedding gift?
5. How do Domingo and Salvador end up in jail in Chapter 23?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)