|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ojos Puros claim is the cause of Don Victor's fever?
(a) Lack of food.
(d) The gold.
2. What does Archie allow Juan to do at his gambling hall during the Festival of the Stringbeans?
(a) Juan is able to be the front door host.
(b) Juan gets to have his own VIP section.
(c) Juan gets to manage the card games.
(d) Juan is allowed to be the assistant manager.
3. Who brings a barrel of whiskey to the reception?
4. What is Dona Margarita doing when Salvador finds her to tell her about his engagement?
(b) Smoking, drinking, and reading the bible.
(c) Cooking a large meal for the neighbors.
(d) Already out shopping for wedding supplies.
5. Why is Salvador angry when his friend brings him a goat as a wedding gift?
(a) Because this is a friend who caused Domingo to get in trouble.
(b) Because this friend only wants friendship when Salvador has money.
(c) Because he is a vegetarian and does not eat meat, including goat.
(d) Because he has discovered that this friend secretly loved Lupe.
6. What horrible act do Pedro and Jose do to their teacher?
(a) They pulled down his pants and pushed him out a window.
(b) They put something in his coffee that left him sick for a week.
(c) They threw eggs at him as he left the school for the day.
(d) They placed a tack on his chair and he sat on it.
7. What animal is hanging from the tree near the ruins of Don Manuel's store?
(a) A burro.
(b) A deer.
(c) A goat.
(d) A calf.
8. Why are Lupe and her sisters refused pay when they are working in the fields?
(a) Because they are poor workers.
(b) Because they are women.
(c) Because they damage the produce as they pick them.
(d) Because they argue with the foreman too much.
9. What is the name of the attorney that Juan befriends?
(a) Frank Stewart.
(b) Chuck Larson.
(c) Fred Noon.
(d) Mark Able.
10. When Lupe wakes up on her wedding day, what initial thoughts run through her mind?
(a) She is nervous but in a good way.
(b) She is angry that she has given in to the idea of marriage.
(c) She is so overjoyed and excited she can hardly wait.
(d) She is somewhat unsure of her choice to marry Salvador.
11. What is inside the metal box that Sophia finds in her fireplace?
(a) Deeds to land.
(c) Paper money.
12. Who comes to bail Salvador out of prison?
(c) Fred Noon.
13. How old is Juan when he is sent to prison?
(a) Eighteen years old.
(b) Eleven years old.
(c) Fifteen years old.
(d) Thirteen years old.
14. Because of their efforts in starting a strike, what happens to Lupe and her sisters as employees?
(a) They are promoted above all the other workers.
(b) No one will hire them after the strike.
(c) They lose their jobs but soon find new, better ones.
(d) They are punished by having to work longer shifts.
15. In what city is Archie's gambling hall located?
(c) San Diego.
(d) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dona Margarita tell Salvador she needs to do right as the ceremony is about to start?
2. What has Salvador told Lupe's family is his business?
3. How is Juan dressed when he goes to church to tell his mother that everything is alright?
4. What do the newlyweds talk about when they sneak off to be alone?
5. What is the one condition that Dona Guadalupe sets on the acceptance of Salvador's proposal?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)