|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Juan escapes from prison, which state does he eventually end up in?
(a) North Dakota.
2. After Sophia's husband dies, where does she leave to go to?
(a) The United States.
(b) The coast.
(d) Puerto Rico.
3. What are the men barbecuing at the reception?
(a) Beef and chicken.
(c) Tongue and Pollo.
(d) Pork and beef.
4. What new name does Juan take for himself?
5. Where does Juan go to find the two men that stole his money and cut his face when he first arrives in Los Angeles?
(c) San Jose.
6. Besides being the owners of a gambling hall, what other prominent position does Archie Freeman hold?
(a) Deputy Sheriff.
(b) Army Sergeant.
(d) President of the City Council.
7. What horrible act do Pedro and Jose do to their teacher?
(a) They pulled down his pants and pushed him out a window.
(b) They put something in his coffee that left him sick for a week.
(c) They threw eggs at him as he left the school for the day.
(d) They placed a tack on his chair and he sat on it.
8. Why does Juan agree to confess to a murder he did not commit?
(a) Because his mother will get $500 if he does.
(b) Because jail is easier then life.
(c) Because his life is threatened if he does not.
(d) Because they promise not to give him a life sentence.
9. When Lupe first sees Juan, what is it about him that disgusts her?
(a) His horrible attitude.
(b) The large wound on his face.
(c) How dirty he is.
(d) Seeing that he has a pistol.
10. Why is Lupe embarrassed to drive a car in front of the other workers at the apricot fields?
(a) Because she is a really bad driver.
(b) Because she is embarrased of the old car she would have to drive.
(c) Because she is very shy and does not like people looking at her.
(d) Because women are generally not allowed to drive cars.
11. Which of Lupe's sisters organizes a strike so that women can get paid for the work they do?
12. What do the newlyweds talk about when they sneak off to be alone?
(a) Salvador's brother.
(b) The upcoming honeymoon.
(c) Their families.
(d) Their future together.
13. When the Gomez family arrives in California, what do they learn about their daughter Sophia?
(a) She is alive and is in Montana.
(b) She made it to California but died soon after.
(c) She did die at sea.
(d) She is alive and living in California.
14. What state is the priest in when Salvador goes to find him to formerly propose?
(a) The priest is drunk.
(b) He is in confession with a church member.
(c) The priest is lamenting.
(d) He is deep in meditation and prayer.
15. What does Rose-Mary say to Lupe as she is headed to meet Salvador's family?
(a) She tells Lupe that Salvador has secretly proposed to her as well.
(b) She tells Lupe her fiance is a bootlegger.
(c) She tells Lupe it does not matter who she marries, she is nothing.
(d) She apologizes to Lupe for all the mean things she has ever said.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the priest accidentally call "Maria", while asking for Lupe's hand in marriage?
2. Who comes to bail Salvador out of prison?
3. When the Mexicans demand better working conditions at the rock quarry, what do they get?
4. What ethnic background are the two men that stole Juan's money and cut his face?
5. Where is the barrel of whiskey located at the reception?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)