|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Victor give to Don Manuel to help him through the wedding ceremony?
(a) Some bread and fish.
(b) A glass of wine.
(c) A glass of Tequila.
(d) A tamale.
2. Where does Don Victor go in search of work?
(a) Baja California.
(b) The seashore.
(c) The lowlands.
(d) El Paso.
3. Who is the mayor's eldest daughter?
4. What town does Don Victor tell Guadalupe about and convince her to go with him?
(a) La Lluvia de Oro.
(b) Rancho Cucamonga.
(c) El Paso.
5. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
(a) She cautions Lupe to stay away from the main roads.
(b) She cautions Lupe to not leave their hiding place.
(c) She warns Lupe not to like the Colonel too much.
(d) She warns Lupe not to go too near the mines.
6. Why are the train passengers put off the train and forced to camp while the train leaves?
(a) Because the train driver is evil and has decided to swindle the passengers.
(b) Because these passengers do not have enough money to continue.
(c) Because the train cannot actually enter the U.S.
(d) Because the train is needed for the war effort.
7. What is the name of Juan Salvador's youngest brother?
8. What is the name of the town midwife?
9. What does Lupe find near the altar that she has made for Colonel Maytorena?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A letter from the Colonel.
(c) A small clump of gold ore.
(d) A small fawn.
10. Where does Lupe go to school?
(a) The American compound near the mine.
(b) At her neighbors, Tia Juanita's.
(c) The small school in the next town.
(d) At the Universidad.
11. Who goes with Don Castro to start a new community?
(a) Dona Guadalupe.
(b) His wife and three children.
(d) His two brothers.
12. Why is La Liebre upset with Dona Guadalupe and her family?
(a) Victoriano tried to marry the woman he loves.
(b) Because they are friends of Colonel Maytorena.
(c) Dona Guadalupe caused his horse to break its leg.
(d) Dona Guadalupe tried to take the gold from his land.
13. Where is Juan Salvador Villasenor traveling with his family in Chapter 8?
(b) Los Feliz.
(c) El Paso.
14. Who misses the train to America with Juan?
(b) No one, he is all alone.
15. Which of his daughters accompanies Don Victor back to the lowlands?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the time of day described when Socorro is giving birth?
2. What does the Colonel give to Lupe to give to her teacher?
3. Who are the two sides involved in the great war that is occurring in the valley?
4. What is Don Tiburcio's dying request to his wife?
5. Where does Don Castro set out from when leaving to start a new community?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)