|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What town does Don Victor tell Guadalupe about and convince her to go with him?
(a) Rancho Cucamonga.
(b) El Paso.
(c) La Lluvia de Oro.
2. Why is La Liebre upset with Dona Guadalupe and her family?
(a) Because they are friends of Colonel Maytorena.
(b) Dona Guadalupe tried to take the gold from his land.
(c) Victoriano tried to marry the woman he loves.
(d) Dona Guadalupe caused his horse to break its leg.
3. What is it that crashes into the canyon and causes many, including Guadalupe, to think it is the end of the world?
(a) A large boulder.
(b) A cannonball.
(c) A meteorite.
4. What is Don Tiburcio's dying request to his wife?
(a) He asks her to bury him next to his mother.
(b) He asks her to make sure she never remarries.
(c) He asks her to burn down their house and leave.
(d) He asks her to clean the fireplace and then leave.
5. How many babies does Socorro give birth to?
6. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
(a) She warns Lupe not to go too near the mines.
(b) She cautions Lupe to not leave their hiding place.
(c) She warns Lupe not to like the Colonel too much.
(d) She cautions Lupe to stay away from the main roads.
7. What job does Dona Margarita get so that she can feed her family?
(a) She is a housecleaner.
(b) She is a worker in a small market.
(c) She does not have a job, she begs in the city.
(d) She gets a job as a seamstress in town.
8. Towards the end of Chapter 7, what do the soldiers do in response to the angry crowds they see in the village?
(a) They flee from the village.
(b) They do nothing and wait for the villagers to calm down.
(c) They taunt the angry crowds.
(d) They attack those who are rising against them.
9. What is the name of the town midwife?
10. Where does Lupe go to school?
(a) At the Universidad.
(b) The American compound near the mine.
(c) The small school in the next town.
(d) At her neighbors, Tia Juanita's.
11. Why do the poor Mexicans think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
(a) He is here to bring salvation to the small village.
(b) Because he is fighting on the side of the revolution.
(c) He stood up to the American miners to make their working conditions better.
(d) He is an old war hero and is revered across the valley.
12. What weapon does Dona Guadalupe give to her son after she frees him from being hanged?
(a) An old pistol.
(b) A large dagger.
(c) A heavy hatchet.
(d) A bow and arrow.
13. Who is having trouble keeping the secret that they have discovered gold?
(a) Victoriano and Don Benito.
(b) Don Victor.
(c) Lupe and Victoriano.
(d) Dona Guadalupe.
14. Who is eloping with Maria?
15. Where does Don Victor go in search of work?
(a) The lowlands.
(b) The seashore.
(c) Baja California.
(d) El Paso.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many years after the new community is settled, how does the revolution affect this small community?
2. Who goes with Don Castro to start a new community?
3. Why is Juan trying to sell firewood?
4. What has the mine been named?
5. How do Dona Guadalupe and her children make money?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)