|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which powerful person is killed by Victoriano?
(a) Don Manuel.
(b) Don Tiburcio.
(c) Colonel Maytorena.
(d) La Liebre.
2. Which of Dona Guadalupe's daughters does Don Tiburcio seek to marry?
3. What does Juan use to bundle up the firewood he has collected?
(a) Dried out long grass.
(b) A long palm leaf.
(c) His belt.
(d) A small string.
4. What do the villagers do as a result of the revolution on their small community?
(a) They start heading for the U.S.
(b) They do nothing.
(c) They scatter to start another community elsewhere.
(d) They fight back and reclaim their town.
5. Where does Don Castro set out from when leaving to start a new community?
(a) Monte Negro.
(b) Baja California.
(c) Ciudad del Oro.
(d) Mexico City.
6. On the day they are scheduled to blast the location where they located their gold, what does Victoriano forget and have to go back home to retrieve?
(a) The flint to start off the dynamite.
(b) The dynamite.
(c) The map to the exact location where the gold is.
(d) The lunches for the men.
7. What Indian tribe is Leonides Camargo fighting against?
8. What does Don Victor tell Lupe that makes her resent him?
(a) He tells her she should release her pet deer into the forest.
(b) He tells her that she should help her mother more.
(c) He tells her that she is not as pretty as Sophia.
(d) He tells her she is too small to help gather the gold.
9. Victoriano is badly beaten after trying to defend what from the bandits?
(a) The gold his family has collected.
(b) A food he has just hunted.
(c) His sister.
(d) His dog.
10. Where is most of the good firewood found?
(a) In Juarez.
(b) By the river.
(c) High in the top branches.
11. What is Colonel Maytorena's job while in Lupe's town?
(a) He is in charge of the mine for the American company.
(b) He is there to become the next mayor of the town.
(c) He is in charge of building a road out of the valley.
(d) He is stationed to oversee the military presence in the valley.
12. What is the one condition that Espirito and his people put on the spring when they sell it?
(a) No digging allowed, they can only take rocks at the surface.
(b) They must pay taxes to the community to live there.
(c) They must not impose on the community.
(d) They are only allowed to stay for six months out of the year.
13. Which of his daughters accompanies Don Victor back to the lowlands?
14. How many men start the new community with Don Castro?
(a) 52 men.
(b) 45 men.
(c) 50 men.
(d) 48 men.
15. As Juan heads back to Juarez, how does the city look?
(a) The city looks beautiful and colorful.
(b) The city looks dark and lifeless.
(c) The city looks as though there is a celebration happening.
(d) The city looks like it is burning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Don Benito feel that he needs to impress in Chapter 3?
2. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
3. What has the mine been named?
4. Who does the second owner sell the mine to?
5. Who is Don Juan?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)