|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day they are scheduled to blast the location where they located their gold, what does Victoriano forget and have to go back home to retrieve?
(a) The flint to start off the dynamite.
(b) The dynamite.
(c) The lunches for the men.
(d) The map to the exact location where the gold is.
2. Who is eloping with Maria?
3. Which powerful person is killed by Victoriano?
(a) Don Tiburcio.
(b) La Liebre.
(c) Don Manuel.
(d) Colonel Maytorena.
4. What is Don Tiburcio's dying request to his wife?
(a) He asks her to burn down their house and leave.
(b) He asks her to make sure she never remarries.
(c) He asks her to clean the fireplace and then leave.
(d) He asks her to bury him next to his mother.
5. Where is most of the good firewood found?
(b) In Juarez.
(c) By the river.
(d) High in the top branches.
6. What does Dona Guadalupe want to do with her share of the gold that they have found?
(a) She wants to make sure her children go to college.
(b) She wants to buy a ranchero in the country.
(c) She wants to find a nice house in Mexico City.
(d) She wants to move her family to the United States.
7. What job does Dona Margarita get so that she can feed her family?
(a) She gets a job as a seamstress in town.
(b) She is a worker in a small market.
(c) She is a housecleaner.
(d) She does not have a job, she begs in the city.
8. What does Don Victor give to Don Manuel to help him through the wedding ceremony?
(a) Some bread and fish.
(b) A glass of wine.
(c) A tamale.
(d) A glass of Tequila.
9. How do Dona Guadalupe and her children make money?
(a) By housing the miners.
(b) By selling fruit in town.
(c) By selling their portion of the mine.
(d) By feeding the miners.
10. Where is Juan Salvador Villasenor traveling with his family in Chapter 8?
(a) El Paso.
(d) Los Feliz.
11. What is Espirito searching for in Chapter 1?
(a) A place to hunt.
(b) Drinkable water.
(d) His sister.
12. What does Juan realize as he goes to carry the wood back to the city?
(a) The war is very important to him.
(b) He hates God.
(c) The pile of wood is too heavy.
(d) He does not want to return to the town.
13. Who are the two sides involved in the great war that is occurring in the valley?
(a) The Guerillas and the Villistas.
(b) The Nationales and the Federales.
(c) The Nationales and the Libertadidos.
(d) The Villistas and the Carranzistas.
14. What weapon does Dona Guadalupe give to her son after she frees him from being hanged?
(a) A heavy hatchet.
(b) An old pistol.
(c) A large dagger.
(d) A bow and arrow.
15. Where does Don Victor go in search of work?
(a) Baja California.
(b) The lowlands.
(c) The seashore.
(d) El Paso.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Espirito offered for the golden rocks in the springs?
2. Why are the train passengers put off the train and forced to camp while the train leaves?
3. Why is Juan trying to sell firewood?
4. What does Don Victor tell Lupe that makes her resent him?
5. What is the name of the young man who is hired by Don Benito to help move rocks and earth from the gold find?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)