|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special gift has Don Victor brought for Sophia to wear in her wedding?
(a) Lace for her dress.
(b) A large hat.
(c) Brand new stockings.
(d) A beautiful veil.
2. What does Leonides do to the little Indian girl who runs at him from a burning house?
(a) He gives her to an old lady on the outskirts of town.
(b) He throws her into prison.
(c) He takes her as his own.
(d) He lets another soldier kill her.
3. In Chapter 12, who does the reader learn has fallen in love with Socorro?
(b) Don Victor.
(c) Don Tiburcio.
4. Towards the end of Chapter 7, what do the soldiers do in response to the angry crowds they see in the village?
(a) They flee from the village.
(b) They do nothing and wait for the villagers to calm down.
(c) They attack those who are rising against them.
(d) They taunt the angry crowds.
5. What favor does Senora Munoz ask of Lupe at school one day?
(a) To hide a small box at her house.
(b) To bring her a little cheese each day.
(c) To not tell anyone she is leaving soon.
(d) To take a letter to Victoriano for her.
6. Where does Don Victor go in search of work?
(a) The seashore.
(b) The lowlands.
(c) Baja California.
(d) El Paso.
7. What does the Colonel give to Lupe to give to her teacher?
(a) A card.
(b) A book.
(c) A small box.
(d) An apple.
8. What does Juan use to bundle up the firewood he has collected?
(a) A small string.
(b) Dried out long grass.
(c) A long palm leaf.
(d) His belt.
9. What has the mine been named?
(a) El Rio Urique.
(b) La Lluvia de Oro.
(c) El Camino Real.
(d) Plata del Mundo.
10. What is in the pack that Don Victor brings on his back upon his return to his family?
(a) A huge bundle of firewood.
(b) Gold and money has has earned.
(c) A large dead deer.
(d) Ribbons, dried meat, and other gifts.
11. Which powerful person is killed by Victoriano?
(a) Don Manuel.
(b) Don Tiburcio.
(c) Colonel Maytorena.
(d) La Liebre.
12. How many babies does Socorro give birth to?
13. Who is Epitacio?
(a) Juan Salvador's oldest brother.
(b) Dona Margarita's brother-in-law.
(c) Don Castro's uncle.
(d) Luisa's second husband.
14. Who makes fun of Lupe in front of the whole class on her first day at school?
15. What does Don Victor give to Don Manuel to help him through the wedding ceremony?
(a) A glass of Tequila.
(b) Some bread and fish.
(c) A tamale.
(d) A glass of wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Juan trying to sell firewood?
2. Why does Socorro throw out all of her husband's clothing?
3. Who does Don Benito fall in love with while in town?
4. What does Don Victor tell Lupe that makes her resent him?
5. How is the time of day described when Socorro is giving birth?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)