Short Essay Questions
1. What is Espirito doing when he finds the gold? Where is the gold found?
2. What is the condition that the townspeople put on collecting the gold from the spring?
3. According to Chapter One, what is "Rain of Gold" about and in what time period does it take place?
4. Why do the Mexican people seem to think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
5. What does Rose-Mary do to Lupe on her first day of school, and why?
6. What is Lupe supposed to give her teacher on the first day of school?
7. What does Lupe's family do for money in Chapter Three?
8. Why is it so hard for Don Benito to keep the secret that they have discovered gold?
9. What is the setting like when Socorro is giving birth?
10. What does the midwife tell Lupe about pain?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)