|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Lupe and her sisters refused pay when they are working in the fields?
(a) Because they argue with the foreman too much.
(b) Because they are women.
(c) Because they are poor workers.
(d) Because they damage the produce as they pick them.
2. Which powerful person is killed by Victoriano?
(a) Don Tiburcio.
(b) Colonel Maytorena.
(c) Don Manuel.
(d) La Liebre.
3. What horrible act do Pedro and Jose do to their teacher?
(a) They pulled down his pants and pushed him out a window.
(b) They placed a tack on his chair and he sat on it.
(c) They put something in his coffee that left him sick for a week.
(d) They threw eggs at him as he left the school for the day.
4. How is Luisa's neighborhood described?
(a) Things are meager but clean and bright.
(b) The streets are large and the houses are big.
(c) It is dirty with small houses.
(d) The streets are crowded but the area is nice.
5. In what city is Archie's gambling hall located?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) San Diego.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the poor Mexicans think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
2. When the Mexicans demand better working conditions at the rock quarry, what do they get?
3. What household item does Salvador break at Lupe's house by falling on it?
4. Which two of Salvador's friends loan him money for his wedding celebration?
5. Who is having trouble keeping the secret that they have discovered gold?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)