|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the poor Mexicans think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
(a) He stood up to the American miners to make their working conditions better.
(b) He is here to bring salvation to the small village.
(c) He is an old war hero and is revered across the valley.
(d) Because he is fighting on the side of the revolution.
2. Besides being the owners of a gambling hall, what other prominent position does Archie Freeman hold?
(a) Army Sergeant.
(c) President of the City Council.
(d) Deputy Sheriff.
3. Why does La Liebre decide to have Victoriano hanged in the town square?
(a) Just because.
(b) He and Victoriano are fighting over the same woman.
(c) He is angry because the boy talked back to him in a crowd.
(d) He thinks the ore he has is more valuable than it is.
4. What has Salvador told Lupe's family is his business?
(a) Selling dairy products to local markets.
(b) Selling fertilizer and manure to farms.
(c) Running his own transportation business.
(d) Imports and exports to Mexico.
5. Where does Guadalupe work when her husband leaves her?
(a) A small army hospital.
(b) A rich family's house.
(c) A vegetable shop in town.
(d) The local mine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Archie's wedding gift to Salvador?
2. What does the Colonel give to Lupe to give to her teacher?
3. On the day they are scheduled to blast the location where they located their gold, what does Victoriano forget and have to go back home to retrieve?
4. Why are the animals howling and calling out while Socorro is giving birth?
5. What does Mark's uncle offer Lupe?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)