|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tips Juan off that there is a trap waiting for him at the hotel where he is supposed to sell his bootleg liquor?
(a) An anonymous note left in his car.
(b) Warnings from Archie.
(c) His mother's vision.
(d) The whispers of some men in the pool hall.
2. Why does Dona Margarita name her son Juan Salvador?
(a) Because he was named for his father.
(b) She named him after his grandfather.
(c) She hoped he would be the family's salvation.
(d) Because of her faith in the Lord.
3. Who goes with Don Castro to start a new community?
(a) His two brothers.
(c) His wife and three children.
(d) Dona Guadalupe.
4. Victoriano is badly beaten after trying to defend what from the bandits?
(a) His dog.
(b) The gold his family has collected.
(c) His sister.
(d) A food he has just hunted.
5. Why is Victoriano looking through the discarded ore for gold?
(a) He is deliberately trying to anger the Americans.
(b) He is trying to get enough gold to make a ring.
(c) He wants to be a successful businessman.
(d) His mother needs help paying the bills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dona Guadalupe tell Juan about her daughters?
2. How does Lupe respond when Salvador asks her to dance at the dance hall?
3. What is Dona Margarita doing when Salvador finds her to tell her about his engagement?
4. What news does Don Victor bring back from the lowlands about his daughter Sophia?
5. Where does Dona Margarita decide to go in order to find her son Domingo?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)