|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in California is Juan headed to see his sick mother?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) San Diego.
(d) Los Angeles.
2. What horrible act do Pedro and Jose do to their teacher?
(a) They put something in his coffee that left him sick for a week.
(b) They placed a tack on his chair and he sat on it.
(c) They pulled down his pants and pushed him out a window.
(d) They threw eggs at him as he left the school for the day.
3. Many years after the new community is settled, how does the revolution affect this small community?
(a) Their community becomes a base camp for the Federales.
(b) Their community is raided and their livestock stolen.
(c) The community becomes rich because of the revolution.
(d) The revolution does not really affect their community.
4. When Lupe first sees Don Victor coming towards the village, what does she think he is?
(a) An American.
(b) La Liebre.
(c) Some sort of strange creature.
(d) The Devil.
5. Which of Lupe's sisters organizes a strike so that women can get paid for the work they do?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mark's uncle offer Lupe?
2. What do Epitacio and Juan see across the Rio Grande?
3. How is the time of day described when Socorro is giving birth?
4. Where does Juan go to find the two men that stole his money and cut his face when he first arrives in Los Angeles?
5. What "secret" of Salvador's does Don Victor learn about and then confront Salvador?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)