|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Juan trying to sell firewood?
(a) Because his father used to sell firewood as well.
(b) Because without money the family will starve.
(c) He wants to be a small business owner.
(d) Because he likes selling firewood.
2. Why is Salvador angry when his friend brings him a goat as a wedding gift?
(a) Because this friend only wants friendship when Salvador has money.
(b) Because he has discovered that this friend secretly loved Lupe.
(c) Because he is a vegetarian and does not eat meat, including goat.
(d) Because this is a friend who caused Domingo to get in trouble.
3. What does Lupe tell her mother about her feelings toward Salvador?
(a) That he excites her but sometimes she hates him.
(b) That he bores her but she thinks he is nice.
(c) That there is nothing that she likes about him.
(d) That she sees him as a friend and nothing more.
4. Many years after the new community is settled, how does the revolution affect this small community?
(a) Their community is raided and their livestock stolen.
(b) The revolution does not really affect their community.
(c) The community becomes rich because of the revolution.
(d) Their community becomes a base camp for the Federales.
5. Why does Luisa refuse to go to Salvador and Lupe's wedding?
(a) She is not feeling well and does not want to get out of bed.
(b) She does not feel as though she is dressed properly.
(c) She feels that Lupe's family looks down on her and her family.
(d) She is against Lupe and does not support the marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is hanging from the tree near the ruins of Don Manuel's store?
2. What is Lupe's initial reaction when she learns of Mark's strong desire to marry her?
3. Who comes to bail Salvador out of prison?
4. Why do the Mexican workers work under such horrible conditions?
5. How is the time of day described when Socorro is giving birth?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)