|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city is Archie's gambling hall located?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) San Diego.
2. What is Don Tiburcio's dying request to his wife?
(a) He asks her to bury him next to his mother.
(b) He asks her to clean the fireplace and then leave.
(c) He asks her to burn down their house and leave.
(d) He asks her to make sure she never remarries.
3. At the funeral celebration for Don Benito, who announces that they are getting married?
(a) Lydia and Victoriano.
(b) Domingo and Luisa.
(c) Scott and Carmen.
(d) Marco and Sophia.
4. Where does Lupe go to school?
(a) At her neighbors, Tia Juanita's.
(b) The American compound near the mine.
(c) At the Universidad.
(d) The small school in the next town.
5. Who does the second owner sell the mine to?
(a) A large American mining company.
(b) A British oil company.
(c) Espirito's grandchildren.
(d) The Mexican Federales.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Juan heads back to Juarez, how does the city look?
2. What gift does Father Ryan thank Dona Margarita's son for?
3. Who are the two sides involved in the great war that is occurring in the valley?
4. What horrible thing has happened to Juan's sister Emilia?
5. What news does Don Victor bring back from the lowlands about his daughter Sophia?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)