|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Juan when he is sent to prison?
(a) Thirteen years old.
(b) Eleven years old.
(c) Eighteen years old.
(d) Fifteen years old.
2. What does Archie want in return for helping Juan to start over with a new life and new name?
(a) Twenty percent of all the money Juan earns gambling.
(b) Five barrels of whiskey a month.
(c) A new car.
(d) Juan to become the new manager at his gambling hall.
3. What does Juan's mother make him promise?
(a) To be a good boy.
(b) To make a lot of money for himself.
(c) To never leave her again.
(d) To go back to Mexico with her.
4. Why does Juan Salvador distract the foreman of a farm as his family is passing it?
(a) Because he is a troublemaker.
(b) So that his family can sneak into the barn to take a nap.
(c) So that his family can cut through the field as a shortcut.
(d) So that his family can steal corn.
5. What is Don Victor's job when he meets Guadalupe?
(a) A carpenter.
(b) A tanner.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A store owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does the Mexican Revolution start?
2. Which two of Salvador's friends loan him money for his wedding celebration?
3. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
4. What is the name of Colonel Maytorena's wife?
5. How is Luisa's neighborhood described?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)