|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
(a) To make it seem like it came from the river.
(b) To make it seem like they have more.
(c) Because it is more ore than gold.
(d) Because that is what you are supposed to do to gold ore.
2. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
(a) She warns Lupe not to like the Colonel too much.
(b) She cautions Lupe to not leave their hiding place.
(c) She cautions Lupe to stay away from the main roads.
(d) She warns Lupe not to go too near the mines.
3. Who comes to bail Salvador out of prison?
(c) Fred Noon.
4. What town does Don Victor tell Guadalupe about and convince her to go with him?
(a) El Paso.
(c) Rancho Cucamonga.
(d) La Lluvia de Oro.
5. At the funeral celebration for Don Benito, who announces that they are getting married?
(a) Domingo and Luisa.
(b) Lydia and Victoriano.
(c) Scott and Carmen.
(d) Marco and Sophia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lupe respond when Salvador asks her to dance at the dance hall?
2. How is the time of day described when Socorro is giving birth?
3. What does Don Victor give to Don Manuel to help him through the wedding ceremony?
4. Who does Don Benito feel that he needs to impress in Chapter 3?
5. Who is eloping with Maria?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)