|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ethnic background are the two men that stole Juan's money and cut his face?
(a) Irish and Chinese.
(b) Japanese and Filipino.
(c) Mexican and Italian.
(d) Italian and Filipino.
2. What special gift has Don Victor brought for Sophia to wear in her wedding?
(a) Brand new stockings.
(b) A beautiful veil.
(c) Lace for her dress.
(d) A large hat.
3. Why do the Mexican workers work under such horrible conditions?
(a) They were at the mercy of American employers that were having difficulties of their own.
(b) All are correct.
(c) They needed work very badly.
(d) They did not have many options for employment.
4. Why is Lupe embarrassed to drive a car in front of the other workers at the apricot fields?
(a) Because she is embarrased of the old car she would have to drive.
(b) Because she is a really bad driver.
(c) Because women are generally not allowed to drive cars.
(d) Because she is very shy and does not like people looking at her.
5. What is the name of the young man who is hired by Don Benito to help move rocks and earth from the gold find?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lupe's initial reaction when she learns of Mark's strong desire to marry her?
2. Who is congratulated by the midwife for her assistance during Socorro's delivery?
3. Why do the poor Mexicans think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
4. Besides being the owners of a gambling hall, what other prominent position does Archie Freeman hold?
5. What news does Don Victor bring back from the lowlands about his daughter Sophia?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)