|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What horrible act do Pedro and Jose do to their teacher?
(a) They threw eggs at him as he left the school for the day.
(b) They pulled down his pants and pushed him out a window.
(c) They placed a tack on his chair and he sat on it.
(d) They put something in his coffee that left him sick for a week.
2. Besides being the owners of a gambling hall, what other prominent position does Archie Freeman hold?
(b) Deputy Sheriff.
(c) Army Sergeant.
(d) President of the City Council.
3. Why do the poor Mexicans think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
(a) He is here to bring salvation to the small village.
(b) He stood up to the American miners to make their working conditions better.
(c) He is an old war hero and is revered across the valley.
(d) Because he is fighting on the side of the revolution.
4. Why do the Mexican workers work under such horrible conditions?
(a) They did not have many options for employment.
(b) All are correct.
(c) They needed work very badly.
(d) They were at the mercy of American employers that were having difficulties of their own.
5. What is the one condition that Dona Guadalupe sets on the acceptance of Salvador's proposal?
(a) He must promise not to move away from Lupe's family.
(b) He and Lupe must not ever move back to Mexico.
(c) He must never get into trouble or hurt her daughter.
(d) He must take and care for liliies that came from her homeland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Don Victor go in search of work?
2. What is Espirito searching for in Chapter 1?
3. What does Juan's mother make him promise?
4. What town does Don Victor tell Guadalupe about and convince her to go with him?
5. What is the name of the young man who is hired by Don Benito to help move rocks and earth from the gold find?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)