|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of land are Don Castro and his companions looking for to start their new community?
(b) Fertile land.
(c) Land with gold to be mined.
(d) Coastal land.
2. What has Salvador told Lupe's family is his business?
(a) Selling dairy products to local markets.
(b) Selling fertilizer and manure to farms.
(c) Imports and exports to Mexico.
(d) Running his own transportation business.
3. What weapon does Dona Guadalupe give to her son after she frees him from being hanged?
(a) A bow and arrow.
(b) A heavy hatchet.
(c) An old pistol.
(d) A large dagger.
4. Who is congratulated by the midwife for her assistance during Socorro's delivery?
(d) Dona Guadalupe.
5. Where does Don Victor go in search of work?
(a) The lowlands.
(b) Baja California.
(c) El Paso.
(d) The seashore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two of Salvador's friends loan him money for his wedding celebration?
2. How do Domingo and Salvador end up in jail in Chapter 23?
3. Why are Lupe and her sisters refused pay when they are working in the fields?
4. Where do Juan and his sisters find seeds for their dinner while trying to walk to the U.S.?
5. What does Leonides do to the little Indian girl who runs at him from a burning house?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)