|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Don Victor believe it will take his family to gather enough gold to buy their way to the U.S.?
(a) Two and a half years.
(b) About a year.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Two months.
2. On the day they are scheduled to blast the location where they located their gold, what does Victoriano forget and have to go back home to retrieve?
(a) The flint to start off the dynamite.
(b) The map to the exact location where the gold is.
(c) The lunches for the men.
(d) The dynamite.
3. What is it that crashes into the canyon and causes many, including Guadalupe, to think it is the end of the world?
(b) A cannonball.
(c) A meteorite.
(d) A large boulder.
4. Victoriano is badly beaten after trying to defend what from the bandits?
(a) The gold his family has collected.
(b) A food he has just hunted.
(c) His sister.
(d) His dog.
5. Who does Don Benito feel that he needs to impress in Chapter 3?
(a) Colonel Maytorena.
(b) Dona Guadalupe.
(d) Don Manuel.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the funeral celebration for Don Benito, who announces that they are getting married?
2. Why are Lupe and her sisters refused pay when they are working in the fields?
3. What does Lupe tell her mother about her feelings toward Salvador?
4. Why is Juan demoted his second day at the rock quarry?
5. What year does the Mexican Revolution start?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)