|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Indian tribe is Leonides Camargo fighting against?
2. What is Don Tiburcio's dying request to his wife?
(a) He asks her to make sure she never remarries.
(b) He asks her to clean the fireplace and then leave.
(c) He asks her to bury him next to his mother.
(d) He asks her to burn down their house and leave.
3. What is the name of the town midwife?
4. How is the time of day described when Socorro is giving birth?
(a) It is a dark night with no moon or stars for light.
(b) There is a full moon.
(c) The sun is blazing in the sky.
(d) The rain is storming outside.
5. Why has Al come from Italy to the United States?
(a) To oversee the making of fine liquor.
(b) To join the mob in America.
(c) To join the family restaurant.
(d) For religious freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Victor give to Don Manuel to help him through the wedding ceremony?
2. What does Leonides do to the little Indian girl who runs at him from a burning house?
3. What new name does Juan take for himself?
4. Who goes with Don Castro to start a new community?
5. What does the Colonel give to Lupe to give to her teacher?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)