|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides being the owners of a gambling hall, what other prominent position does Archie Freeman hold?
(a) President of the City Council.
(c) Army Sergeant.
(d) Deputy Sheriff.
2. Why is Victoriano looking through the discarded ore for gold?
(a) He is trying to get enough gold to make a ring.
(b) He wants to be a successful businessman.
(c) He is deliberately trying to anger the Americans.
(d) His mother needs help paying the bills.
3. Why does the first owner sell the spring?
(a) The war makes it too dangerous.
(b) The nuggets are depleted.
(c) He does not sell it. It is stolen.
(d) He has to move back to his home country.
4. What special gift does Don Tiburcio bring to Dona Guadalupe for her family to share?
(a) A honeyed ham.
(b) A small pack of colorful papers.
(c) A big bottle of wine.
(d) A large box of chocolates.
5. What happens the day after Epitacio gambles away his paycheck?
(a) Epitacio works a double shift to earn his money back.
(b) Both Juan and Epitacio do not show up to work.
(c) Epitacio disappears.
(d) Juan goes and wins back all the lost money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Don Benito feel that he needs to impress in Chapter 3?
2. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
3. What is in the pack that Don Victor brings on his back upon his return to his family?
4. What do the villagers do as a result of the revolution on their small community?
5. How is the time of day described when Socorro is giving birth?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)