|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the first owner sell the spring?
(a) He has to move back to his home country.
(b) The war makes it too dangerous.
(c) He does not sell it. It is stolen.
(d) The nuggets are depleted.
2. What do the villagers do as a result of the revolution on their small community?
(a) They start heading for the U.S.
(b) They do nothing.
(c) They fight back and reclaim their town.
(d) They scatter to start another community elsewhere.
3. What is the name of the town midwife?
4. What does Victoriano use to funnel the gold he has found to speed up the collection process?
(a) A thick banana leaf.
(b) A glass vase.
(c) A bull's horn.
(d) A bottle.
5. In Chapter 12, who does the reader learn has fallen in love with Socorro?
(a) Don Tiburcio.
(c) Don Victor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tips Juan off that there is a trap waiting for him at the hotel where he is supposed to sell his bootleg liquor?
2. What favor does Senora Munoz ask of Lupe at school one day?
3. What family pet does Dona Margarita have to kill for food?
4. Who is the mayor's eldest daughter?
5. What is the name of Colonel Maytorena's wife?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)