|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in California is Juan headed to see his sick mother?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) San Diego.
(c) Los Angeles.
2. What does Victoriano use to funnel the gold he has found to speed up the collection process?
(a) A glass vase.
(b) A bull's horn.
(c) A bottle.
(d) A thick banana leaf.
3. Who is the mayor's eldest daughter?
4. As Juan heads back to Juarez, how does the city look?
(a) The city looks as though there is a celebration happening.
(b) The city looks like it is burning.
(c) The city looks dark and lifeless.
(d) The city looks beautiful and colorful.
5. What ethnic background are the two men that stole Juan's money and cut his face?
(a) Mexican and Italian.
(b) Japanese and Filipino.
(c) Italian and Filipino.
(d) Irish and Chinese.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Lupe and her sisters refused pay when they are working in the fields?
2. Who misses the train to America with Juan?
3. What happens the day after Epitacio gambles away his paycheck?
4. When Lupe and her family finally find Don Manuel in California, what does he do for them?
5. What is the name of the attorney that Juan befriends?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)