|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dona Guadalupe tell Juan about her daughters?
(a) They are all already married or engaged.
(b) They will never be able to marry a man who gambles or drinks.
(c) None of them like Juan at all.
(d) They do not ever want to be married.
2. Where in California is Juan headed to see his sick mother?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Diego.
3. What do Epitacio and Juan see across the Rio Grande?
(a) Nothing but the same poor people and ugly streets.
(b) The untouched houses of the Americans.
(c) A wild forest.
(d) They see another war on the other side.
4. Who does Don Benito fall in love with while in town?
5. Towards the end of Chapter 7, what do the soldiers do in response to the angry crowds they see in the village?
(a) They do nothing and wait for the villagers to calm down.
(b) They taunt the angry crowds.
(c) They attack those who are rising against them.
(d) They flee from the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that crashes into the canyon and causes many, including Guadalupe, to think it is the end of the world?
2. How is Luisa's neighborhood described?
3. What does Don Victor tell Lupe that makes her resent him?
4. What does the midwife say about the pain tolerance of men?
5. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)