|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Epitacio and Juan see across the Rio Grande?
(a) They see another war on the other side.
(b) A wild forest.
(c) Nothing but the same poor people and ugly streets.
(d) The untouched houses of the Americans.
2. Who is the young man who asks to walk Lupe home from the library and carry her books?
3. What town does Don Victor tell Guadalupe about and convince her to go with him?
(a) Rancho Cucamonga.
(c) El Paso.
(d) La Lluvia de Oro.
4. What does Juan discover has become of the money his mother received from his murder confession?
(a) It never made it to his mother.
(b) Most of it has been given to his cousins.
(c) Most of it was used on her medical bills.
(d) It was stolen.
5. Why is Juan demoted his second day at the rock quarry?
(a) Because he is not white.
(b) Because he made a huge mistake.
(c) Because he hated that position and asked to be reassigned.
(d) Because someone with more experience came along.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Dona Guadalupe and her children make money?
2. Who is Don Juan?
3. Why are the people in the village leaving to find work in other areas?
4. What does the Colonel give to Lupe to give to her teacher?
5. Why do the poor Mexicans think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)