|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the people in the village leaving to find work in other areas?
(a) Because a new, larger mine is opening up in another city.
(b) Because the war is coming to their village.
(c) Because they are sick of working for the Americans.
(d) Because the Americans shut down the mine.
2. What does Juan discover has become of the money his mother received from his murder confession?
(a) Most of it has been given to his cousins.
(b) It was stolen.
(c) Most of it was used on her medical bills.
(d) It never made it to his mother.
3. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
(a) She cautions Lupe to stay away from the main roads.
(b) She warns Lupe not to like the Colonel too much.
(c) She warns Lupe not to go too near the mines.
(d) She cautions Lupe to not leave their hiding place.
4. What year does the Mexican Revolution start?
5. Who does Don Benito fall in love with while in town?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is having trouble keeping the secret that they have discovered gold?
2. Who goes with Don Castro to start a new community?
3. How many men start the new community with Don Castro?
4. Why does Juan sneak back into the U.S. just days after he has left to return to Mexico?
5. In what city is Archie's gambling hall located?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)