|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Juan Salvador Villasenor traveling with his family in Chapter 8?
(a) Los Feliz.
(c) El Paso.
2. Where in California is Juan headed to see his sick mother?
(a) San Diego.
(b) San Francisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
3. Why does Juan Salvador distract the foreman of a farm as his family is passing it?
(a) So that his family can cut through the field as a shortcut.
(b) So that his family can sneak into the barn to take a nap.
(c) Because he is a troublemaker.
(d) So that his family can steal corn.
4. Who goes with Don Castro to start a new community?
(a) His wife and three children.
(b) His two brothers.
(d) Dona Guadalupe.
5. What is Espirito offered for the golden rocks in the springs?
(a) All the clothes and food his people could need.
(b) Ten percent of the gold.
(c) A large ranch of his own.
(d) One million dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Colonel Maytorena's job while in Lupe's town?
2. How long does Don Victor believe it will take his family to gather enough gold to buy their way to the U.S.?
3. What does Archie allow Juan to do at his gambling hall during the Festival of the Stringbeans?
4. When Lupe first sees Don Victor coming towards the village, what does she think he is?
5. When the Gomez family arrives in California, what do they learn about their daughter Sophia?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)