|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is the strike successful?
(a) The story does not mention the outcome of the strike.
(b) Yes, but women got paid less than men.
(c) Yes, women got paid equal to men.
(d) No, it was not successful.
2. Where do Dona Guadalupe and her children hide when the army horsemen come through their canyon?
(a) A cave under the large boulder.
(b) On a high cliff in the canyon.
(c) A secret basement in their small house.
(d) In the mine.
3. Who does Don Benito fall in love with while in town?
4. Who is Don Juan?
(a) Dona Guadalupe's brother.
(b) The teacher.
(c) Colonel Maytorena's boss.
(d) The mayor of the town.
5. Why are Lupe and her sisters refused pay when they are working in the fields?
(a) Because they are poor workers.
(b) Because they argue with the foreman too much.
(c) Because they damage the produce as they pick them.
(d) Because they are women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Don Victor bring back from the lowlands about his daughter Sophia?
2. Who is congratulated by the midwife for her assistance during Socorro's delivery?
3. What is the name of Juan Salvador's youngest brother?
4. What is Don Tiburcio's dying request to his wife?
5. What does the Colonel give to Lupe to give to her teacher?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)