|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the young man who is hired by Don Benito to help move rocks and earth from the gold find?
2. What does Juan use to bundle up the firewood he has collected?
(a) A small string.
(b) A long palm leaf.
(c) Dried out long grass.
(d) His belt.
3. Who is the mayor's eldest daughter?
4. What does Dona Guadalupe want to do with her share of the gold that they have found?
(a) She wants to buy a ranchero in the country.
(b) She wants to move her family to the United States.
(c) She wants to make sure her children go to college.
(d) She wants to find a nice house in Mexico City.
5. What does Juan make his nephews do to teach them a lesson for their misbehavior toward their teacher?
(a) They have to shovel chicken poop and move heavy barrels.
(b) They have to clean their entire house and yard.
(c) They have to apologize to the teacher in front of the entire school.
(d) Juan grounds them both for two months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes fun of Lupe in front of the whole class on her first day at school?
2. What special gift does Don Tiburcio bring to Dona Guadalupe for her family to share?
3. After some time in California, Juan comes to realize that Mexicans are viewed there as what?
4. What ethnic background are the two men that stole Juan's money and cut his face?
5. Why is Victoriano looking through the discarded ore for gold?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)