|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Juan Salvador's youngest brother?
2. How old is Juan when he is sent to prison?
(a) Fifteen years old.
(b) Eleven years old.
(c) Eighteen years old.
(d) Thirteen years old.
3. Where does Guadalupe work when her husband leaves her?
(a) A rich family's house.
(b) The local mine.
(c) A small army hospital.
(d) A vegetable shop in town.
4. Who are the two sides involved in the great war that is occurring in the valley?
(a) The Nationales and the Libertadidos.
(b) The Nationales and the Federales.
(c) The Guerillas and the Villistas.
(d) The Villistas and the Carranzistas.
5. Who is the mayor's eldest daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Juan agree to confess to a murder he did not commit?
2. Why are the people in the village leaving to find work in other areas?
3. Why does the first owner sell the spring?
4. Besides being the owners of a gambling hall, what other prominent position does Archie Freeman hold?
5. What does Juan use to bundle up the firewood he has collected?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)