|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of his daughters accompanies Don Victor back to the lowlands?
2. What does Juan use to bundle up the firewood he has collected?
(a) A long palm leaf.
(b) A small string.
(c) Dried out long grass.
(d) His belt.
3. What tips Juan off that there is a trap waiting for him at the hotel where he is supposed to sell his bootleg liquor?
(a) His mother's vision.
(b) The whispers of some men in the pool hall.
(c) Warnings from Archie.
(d) An anonymous note left in his car.
4. What is the name of the mine where Juan and Epitacio work in Arizona?
(a) Rio Grande River Mine.
(b) Silver Creek Mine.
(c) Copper Queen Mine.
(d) Douglas City Mine.
5. What new name does Juan take for himself?
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of their efforts in starting a strike, what happens to Lupe and her sisters as employees?
2. Why is Victoriano looking through the discarded ore for gold?
3. What does the Colonel give to Lupe to give to her teacher?
4. Why are the people in the village leaving to find work in other areas?
5. How is the time of day described when Socorro is giving birth?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)