|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many babies does Socorro give birth to?
2. How many men start the new community with Don Castro?
(a) 45 men.
(b) 52 men.
(c) 50 men.
(d) 48 men.
3. What does the midwife say about the pain tolerance of men?
(a) That men feel no pain whatsoever.
(b) That the only pain men feel is the pain of love.
(c) That men cannot stand pain as women can.
(d) That men have a much higher pain tolerance then women.
4. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
(a) She cautions Lupe to not leave their hiding place.
(b) She cautions Lupe to stay away from the main roads.
(c) She warns Lupe not to like the Colonel too much.
(d) She warns Lupe not to go too near the mines.
5. When the Mexicans demand better working conditions at the rock quarry, what do they get?
(a) Paid vacation.
(b) A new whistle and longer breaks.
(c) A new whistle and nothing more.
(d) They get nothing at all and are fired.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Don Victor go in search of work?
2. Because of their efforts in starting a strike, what happens to Lupe and her sisters as employees?
3. When Juan is talking to God, who does he say he needs help for?
4. Which powerful person is killed by Victoriano?
5. Why is La Liebre upset with Dona Guadalupe and her family?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)