|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Juan agree to confess to a murder he did not commit?
(a) Because his mother will get $500 if he does.
(b) Because they promise not to give him a life sentence.
(c) Because his life is threatened if he does not.
(d) Because jail is easier then life.
2. What does Dona Guadalupe offer to make for Don Benito?
(c) A rug.
3. How old is Juan when he is sent to prison?
(a) Thirteen years old.
(b) Fifteen years old.
(c) Eleven years old.
(d) Eighteen years old.
4. What excuse does Epitacio give Juan for leaving him back in Douglas, Arizona when they were younger?
(a) Epitacio said he was scared for his life and ran.
(b) He says that Juan's mother called for him.
(c) Epitacio says he was tricked into going to Chicago.
(d) He tells Juan that he thought Juan was free, so he left.
5. How long does Don Victor believe it will take his family to gather enough gold to buy their way to the U.S.?
(a) Two and a half years.
(b) About a year.
(c) Two months.
(d) Nine months.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Mexicans demand better working conditions at the rock quarry, what do they get?
2. What year does the Mexican Revolution start?
3. Why has Al come from Italy to the United States?
4. What does Don Victor give to Don Manuel to help him through the wedding ceremony?
5. Why are Lupe and her sisters refused pay when they are working in the fields?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)