|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Sophia's husband dies, where does she leave to go to?
(a) Puerto Rico.
(b) The United States.
(d) The coast.
2. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
(a) To make it seem like they have more.
(b) To make it seem like it came from the river.
(c) Because that is what you are supposed to do to gold ore.
(d) Because it is more ore than gold.
3. Who does Don Benito fall in love with while in town?
4. Who sends word to Juan that his mother is very ill?
(a) His sister.
(c) A hospital nurse.
(d) His father.
5. Towards the end of Chapter 7, what do the soldiers do in response to the angry crowds they see in the village?
(a) They do nothing and wait for the villagers to calm down.
(b) They taunt the angry crowds.
(c) They flee from the village.
(d) They attack those who are rising against them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Don Victor go in search of work?
2. What is Espirito searching for in Chapter 1?
3. What does Juan's mother make him promise?
4. Why are the train passengers put off the train and forced to camp while the train leaves?
5. Why does Socorro throw out all of her husband's clothing?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)