|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does La Liebre decide to have Victoriano hanged in the town square?
(a) He and Victoriano are fighting over the same woman.
(b) He is angry because the boy talked back to him in a crowd.
(c) Just because.
(d) He thinks the ore he has is more valuable than it is.
2. Why do the Mexican workers work under such horrible conditions?
(a) They did not have many options for employment.
(b) They were at the mercy of American employers that were having difficulties of their own.
(c) All are correct.
(d) They needed work very badly.
3. Why are Juan and Epitacio thrown into jail?
(a) Because they stole food for their families.
(b) For stealing and selling copper ore.
(c) Because they did not show up to work.
(d) For underage gambling.
4. What weapon does Dona Guadalupe give to her son after she frees him from being hanged?
(a) A bow and arrow.
(b) A heavy hatchet.
(c) A large dagger.
(d) An old pistol.
5. Where do Juan and his sisters find seeds for their dinner while trying to walk to the U.S.?
(a) In cacti.
(b) In the horse corral.
(c) In small holes in the earth.
(d) In horse manure.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Dona Guadalupe and her children make money?
2. What area are Lupe and her sisters working in when they decide to strike?
3. What does Archie allow Juan to do at his gambling hall during the Festival of the Stringbeans?
4. What animal is hanging from the tree near the ruins of Don Manuel's store?
5. What family pet does Dona Margarita have to kill for food?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)