|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the mine been named?
(a) El Camino Real.
(b) El Rio Urique.
(c) La Lluvia de Oro.
(d) Plata del Mundo.
2. Why are the animals howling and calling out while Socorro is giving birth?
(a) They sense the impending doom coming.
(b) They are responding to her screams.
(c) It is feeding time and they are hungry.
(d) They can hear the Federales approaching.
3. Who does the second owner sell the mine to?
(a) A British oil company.
(b) Espirito's grandchildren.
(c) The Mexican Federales.
(d) A large American mining company.
4. What type of land are Don Castro and his companions looking for to start their new community?
(b) Land with gold to be mined.
(c) Coastal land.
(d) Fertile land.
5. After Sophia's husband dies, where does she leave to go to?
(a) The coast.
(c) Puerto Rico.
(d) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in California is Juan headed to see his sick mother?
2. Why does La Liebre decide to have Victoriano hanged in the town square?
3. What favor does Senora Munoz ask of Lupe at school one day?
4. What job does Dona Margarita get so that she can feed her family?
5. Where does Lupe go to school?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)