|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Al come from Italy to the United States?
(a) For religious freedom.
(b) To join the mob in America.
(c) To oversee the making of fine liquor.
(d) To join the family restaurant.
2. Which powerful person is killed by Victoriano?
(a) Don Manuel.
(b) Don Tiburcio.
(c) La Liebre.
(d) Colonel Maytorena.
3. What is Don Tiburcio's dying request to his wife?
(a) He asks her to burn down their house and leave.
(b) He asks her to clean the fireplace and then leave.
(c) He asks her to make sure she never remarries.
(d) He asks her to bury him next to his mother.
4. What does Juan use to bundle up the firewood he has collected?
(a) Dried out long grass.
(b) A small string.
(c) A long palm leaf.
(d) His belt.
5. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
(a) Because it is more ore than gold.
(b) To make it seem like it came from the river.
(c) Because that is what you are supposed to do to gold ore.
(d) To make it seem like they have more.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan's mother make him promise?
2. Where does Juan go to find the two men that stole his money and cut his face when he first arrives in Los Angeles?
3. Who is Don Juan?
4. What town does Don Victor tell Guadalupe about and convince her to go with him?
5. What is the reaction of Juan Salvador and his family upon seeing El Paso?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)