|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Victoriano looking through the discarded ore for gold?
(a) He is trying to get enough gold to make a ring.
(b) His mother needs help paying the bills.
(c) He is deliberately trying to anger the Americans.
(d) He wants to be a successful businessman.
2. Where does Juan go to find the two men that stole his money and cut his face when he first arrives in Los Angeles?
(b) San Jose.
3. Where does Don Castro set out from when leaving to start a new community?
(a) Mexico City.
(b) Baja California.
(c) Monte Negro.
(d) Ciudad del Oro.
4. What special gift does Don Tiburcio bring to Dona Guadalupe for her family to share?
(a) A small pack of colorful papers.
(b) A big bottle of wine.
(c) A honeyed ham.
(d) A large box of chocolates.
5. Where does Guadalupe work when her husband leaves her?
(a) A vegetable shop in town.
(b) A small army hospital.
(c) A rich family's house.
(d) The local mine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the pack that Don Victor brings on his back upon his return to his family?
2. What year does the Mexican Revolution start?
3. Why does La Liebre decide to have Victoriano hanged in the town square?
4. Which powerful person is killed by Victoriano?
5. What is inside the metal box that Sophia finds in her fireplace?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)