|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men start the new community with Don Castro?
(a) 48 men.
(b) 45 men.
(c) 52 men.
(d) 50 men.
2. Many years after the new community is settled, how does the revolution affect this small community?
(a) Their community becomes a base camp for the Federales.
(b) Their community is raided and their livestock stolen.
(c) The revolution does not really affect their community.
(d) The community becomes rich because of the revolution.
3. Why does Socorro throw out all of her husband's clothing?
(a) She is angry and wants to say good-bye to him forever.
(b) She is going to buy him all new clothes for his return.
(c) She recognizes that she should donate them to others.
(d) She needs to move and cannot take them all with her.
4. What is the one condition that Espirito and his people put on the spring when they sell it?
(a) No digging allowed, they can only take rocks at the surface.
(b) They must not impose on the community.
(c) They must pay taxes to the community to live there.
(d) They are only allowed to stay for six months out of the year.
5. When Lupe first sees Juan, what is it about him that disgusts her?
(a) Seeing that he has a pistol.
(b) His horrible attitude.
(c) How dirty he is.
(d) The large wound on his face.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Don Castro set out from when leaving to start a new community?
2. In Chapter 12, who does the reader learn has fallen in love with Socorro?
3. Who is the mayor's eldest daughter?
4. When Lupe first sees Don Victor coming towards the village, what does she think he is?
5. When the Mexicans demand better working conditions at the rock quarry, what do they get?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)