|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Don Victor go in search of work?
(a) The lowlands.
(b) The seashore.
(c) Baja California.
(d) El Paso.
2. Who misses the train to America with Juan?
(d) No one, he is all alone.
3. What is Don Tiburcio's dying request to his wife?
(a) He asks her to burn down their house and leave.
(b) He asks her to make sure she never remarries.
(c) He asks her to bury him next to his mother.
(d) He asks her to clean the fireplace and then leave.
4. Why are the people in the village leaving to find work in other areas?
(a) Because they are sick of working for the Americans.
(b) Because the war is coming to their village.
(c) Because a new, larger mine is opening up in another city.
(d) Because the Americans shut down the mine.
5. What job does Dona Margarita get so that she can feed her family?
(a) She gets a job as a seamstress in town.
(b) She is a housecleaner.
(c) She is a worker in a small market.
(d) She does not have a job, she begs in the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is most of the good firewood found?
2. Why does La Liebre decide to have Victoriano hanged in the town square?
3. What has the mine been named?
4. Why has Al come from Italy to the United States?
5. When the Mexicans demand better working conditions at the rock quarry, what do they get?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)