|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juan use to bundle up the firewood he has collected?
(a) His belt.
(b) Dried out long grass.
(c) A small string.
(d) A long palm leaf.
2. How many men start the new community with Don Castro?
(a) 45 men.
(b) 50 men.
(c) 48 men.
(d) 52 men.
3. Where is most of the good firewood found?
(b) By the river.
(c) High in the top branches.
(d) In Juarez.
4. When Lupe first sees Juan, what is it about him that disgusts her?
(a) Seeing that he has a pistol.
(b) The large wound on his face.
(c) His horrible attitude.
(d) How dirty he is.
5. What news does Don Victor bring back from the lowlands about his daughter Sophia?
(a) Sophia changed her mind and is going to Juarez.
(b) Sophia has made it safely to the U.S.
(c) Sophia's ship to the U.S. has sunk in the sea.
(d) Sophia is on the train on her way to Texas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Towards the end of Chapter 7, what do the soldiers do in response to the angry crowds they see in the village?
2. Where does Juan go to find the two men that stole his money and cut his face when he first arrives in Los Angeles?
3. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
4. What is Don Victor's job when he meets Guadalupe?
5. When the Mexicans demand better working conditions at the rock quarry, what do they get?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)