|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Juan Salvador distract the foreman of a farm as his family is passing it?
(a) So that his family can cut through the field as a shortcut.
(b) So that his family can steal corn.
(c) So that his family can sneak into the barn to take a nap.
(d) Because he is a troublemaker.
2. What does the Colonel give to Lupe to give to her teacher?
(a) An apple.
(b) A small box.
(c) A card.
(d) A book.
3. Who goes with Don Castro to start a new community?
(b) His wife and three children.
(c) Dona Guadalupe.
(d) His two brothers.
4. What position does Juan hold the first day he works at the rock quarry?
(a) A foreman.
(b) Cafeteria worker.
(d) Powder man.
5. What town does Don Victor tell Guadalupe about and convince her to go with him?
(a) El Paso.
(b) Rancho Cucamonga.
(d) La Lluvia de Oro.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special gift does Don Tiburcio bring to Dona Guadalupe for her family to share?
2. What does Dona Guadalupe want to do with her share of the gold that they have found?
3. Who misses the train to America with Juan?
4. Where is Juan Salvador Villasenor traveling with his family in Chapter 8?
5. What is the name of the young man who is hired by Don Benito to help move rocks and earth from the gold find?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)