|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juan use to bundle up the firewood he has collected?
(a) His belt.
(b) Dried out long grass.
(c) A long palm leaf.
(d) A small string.
2. What horrible thing has happened to Juan's sister Emilia?
(a) She was run over by a horse.
(b) She lost her voice forever.
(c) She was sick with fever.
(d) She was raped by soldiers.
3. Who is eloping with Maria?
4. Where does Juan go to find the two men that stole his money and cut his face when he first arrives in Los Angeles?
(d) San Jose.
5. On the day they are scheduled to blast the location where they located their gold, what does Victoriano forget and have to go back home to retrieve?
(a) The lunches for the men.
(b) The map to the exact location where the gold is.
(c) The dynamite.
(d) The flint to start off the dynamite.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Juan and his sisters find seeds for their dinner while trying to walk to the U.S.?
2. What town does Don Victor tell Guadalupe about and convince her to go with him?
3. In what city is Archie's gambling hall located?
4. What position does Juan hold the first day he works at the rock quarry?
5. Where do Dona Guadalupe and her children hide when the army horsemen come through their canyon?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)