|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lupe and her family finally find Don Manuel in California, what does he do for them?
(a) Buys them a new home.
(b) Helps them move to Colorado.
(c) Gets them all jobs.
(d) Helps them find Sophia.
2. Where do Juan and his sisters find seeds for their dinner while trying to walk to the U.S.?
(a) In cacti.
(b) In small holes in the earth.
(c) In horse manure.
(d) In the horse corral.
3. Which powerful person is killed by Victoriano?
(a) Colonel Maytorena.
(b) Don Manuel.
(c) La Liebre.
(d) Don Tiburcio.
4. What is Don Tiburcio's dying request to his wife?
(a) He asks her to make sure she never remarries.
(b) He asks her to bury him next to his mother.
(c) He asks her to clean the fireplace and then leave.
(d) He asks her to burn down their house and leave.
5. What do the villagers do as a result of the revolution on their small community?
(a) They do nothing.
(b) They scatter to start another community elsewhere.
(c) They fight back and reclaim their town.
(d) They start heading for the U.S.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the time of day described when Socorro is giving birth?
2. Why is La Liebre upset with Dona Guadalupe and her family?
3. What is Espirito offered for the golden rocks in the springs?
4. Who is congratulated by the midwife for her assistance during Socorro's delivery?
5. What year does the Mexican Revolution start?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)