|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in California is Juan headed to see his sick mother?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Diego.
(d) San Francisco.
2. Towards the end of Chapter 7, what do the soldiers do in response to the angry crowds they see in the village?
(a) They do nothing and wait for the villagers to calm down.
(b) They taunt the angry crowds.
(c) They attack those who are rising against them.
(d) They flee from the village.
3. Where does Don Victor go in search of work?
(a) Baja California.
(b) El Paso.
(c) The lowlands.
(d) The seashore.
4. How long does Don Victor believe it will take his family to gather enough gold to buy their way to the U.S.?
(a) Nine months.
(b) Two months.
(c) About a year.
(d) Two and a half years.
5. Who is the mayor's eldest daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many babies does Socorro give birth to?
2. How old is Juan when he is sent to prison?
3. Which of Dona Guadalupe's daughters does Don Tiburcio seek to marry?
4. What is it that crashes into the canyon and causes many, including Guadalupe, to think it is the end of the world?
5. What do the villagers do as a result of the revolution on their small community?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)