|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the funeral celebration for Don Benito, who announces that they are getting married?
(a) Marco and Sophia.
(b) Scott and Carmen.
(c) Lydia and Victoriano.
(d) Domingo and Luisa.
2. Many years after the new community is settled, how does the revolution affect this small community?
(a) Their community is raided and their livestock stolen.
(b) The revolution does not really affect their community.
(c) The community becomes rich because of the revolution.
(d) Their community becomes a base camp for the Federales.
3. What do the villagers do as a result of the revolution on their small community?
(a) They start heading for the U.S.
(b) They do nothing.
(c) They fight back and reclaim their town.
(d) They scatter to start another community elsewhere.
4. Why are Juan and Epitacio thrown into jail?
(a) Because they stole food for their families.
(b) Because they did not show up to work.
(c) For stealing and selling copper ore.
(d) For underage gambling.
5. What is it that crashes into the canyon and causes many, including Guadalupe, to think it is the end of the world?
(b) A meteorite.
(c) A large boulder.
(d) A cannonball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What favor does Senora Munoz ask of Lupe at school one day?
2. Why is Juan trying to sell firewood?
3. What does Juan discover has become of the money his mother received from his murder confession?
4. Where in California is Juan headed to see his sick mother?
5. When Lupe and her family finally find Don Manuel in California, what does he do for them?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)