|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Al come from Italy to the United States?
(a) To join the family restaurant.
(b) For religious freedom.
(c) To join the mob in America.
(d) To oversee the making of fine liquor.
2. What does Juan's mother make him promise?
(a) To never leave her again.
(b) To make a lot of money for himself.
(c) To be a good boy.
(d) To go back to Mexico with her.
3. When Lupe and her family finally find Don Manuel in California, what does he do for them?
(a) Helps them move to Colorado.
(b) Buys them a new home.
(c) Gets them all jobs.
(d) Helps them find Sophia.
4. Who are the two sides involved in the great war that is occurring in the valley?
(a) The Guerillas and the Villistas.
(b) The Nationales and the Federales.
(c) The Villistas and the Carranzistas.
(d) The Nationales and the Libertadidos.
5. What does the midwife say about the pain tolerance of men?
(a) That the only pain men feel is the pain of love.
(b) That men cannot stand pain as women can.
(c) That men feel no pain whatsoever.
(d) That men have a much higher pain tolerance then women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Juan Salvador Villasenor traveling with his family in Chapter 8?
2. When the Gomez family arrives in California, what do they learn about their daughter Sophia?
3. What animal is hanging from the tree near the ruins of Don Manuel's store?
4. Why does Socorro throw out all of her husband's clothing?
5. When Juan escapes from prison, which state does he eventually end up in?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)