|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city is Archie's gambling hall located?
(a) San Diego.
(b) Los Angeles.
2. When the Mexicans demand better working conditions at the rock quarry, what do they get?
(a) They get nothing at all and are fired.
(b) A new whistle and nothing more.
(c) A new whistle and longer breaks.
(d) Paid vacation.
3. What does Juan realize as he goes to carry the wood back to the city?
(a) The war is very important to him.
(b) The pile of wood is too heavy.
(c) He does not want to return to the town.
(d) He hates God.
4. On the day they are scheduled to blast the location where they located their gold, what does Victoriano forget and have to go back home to retrieve?
(a) The flint to start off the dynamite.
(b) The lunches for the men.
(c) The map to the exact location where the gold is.
(d) The dynamite.
5. What town does Don Victor tell Guadalupe about and convince her to go with him?
(a) Rancho Cucamonga.
(b) El Paso.
(d) La Lluvia de Oro.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dona Guadalupe want to do with her share of the gold that they have found?
2. Towards the end of Chapter 7, what do the soldiers do in response to the angry crowds they see in the village?
3. Who is congratulated by the midwife for her assistance during Socorro's delivery?
4. Why does the first owner sell the spring?
5. Why does Socorro throw out all of her husband's clothing?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)