|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the villagers do as a result of the revolution on their small community?
(a) They do nothing.
(b) They fight back and reclaim their town.
(c) They start heading for the U.S.
(d) They scatter to start another community elsewhere.
2. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
(a) She warns Lupe not to like the Colonel too much.
(b) She warns Lupe not to go too near the mines.
(c) She cautions Lupe to stay away from the main roads.
(d) She cautions Lupe to not leave their hiding place.
3. What does Juan realize as he goes to carry the wood back to the city?
(a) The pile of wood is too heavy.
(b) The war is very important to him.
(c) He hates God.
(d) He does not want to return to the town.
4. When Lupe first sees Juan, what is it about him that disgusts her?
(a) The large wound on his face.
(b) How dirty he is.
(c) Seeing that he has a pistol.
(d) His horrible attitude.
5. What does Juan's mother make him promise?
(a) To make a lot of money for himself.
(b) To go back to Mexico with her.
(c) To be a good boy.
(d) To never leave her again.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lupe and her family finally find Don Manuel in California, what does he do for them?
2. What does Juan use to bundle up the firewood he has collected?
3. How many men start the new community with Don Castro?
4. When the Mexicans demand better working conditions at the rock quarry, what do they get?
5. Where does Lupe go to school?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)