|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Gomez family arrives in California, what do they learn about their daughter Sophia?
(a) She is alive and is in Montana.
(b) She did die at sea.
(c) She is alive and living in California.
(d) She made it to California but died soon after.
2. When Juan is talking to God, who does he say he needs help for?
(a) For his father.
(b) For himself.
(c) For his mother.
(d) For the Mexican people.
3. Where is most of the good firewood found?
(a) By the river.
(c) In Juarez.
(d) High in the top branches.
4. What does Juan use to bundle up the firewood he has collected?
(a) A long palm leaf.
(b) Dried out long grass.
(c) His belt.
(d) A small string.
5. What does the Colonel give to Lupe to give to her teacher?
(a) A small box.
(b) An apple.
(c) A card.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does La Liebre decide to have Victoriano hanged in the town square?
2. After Sophia's husband dies, where does she leave to go to?
3. When Lupe first sees Juan, what is it about him that disgusts her?
4. What is the name of Juan Salvador's youngest brother?
5. How do Dona Guadalupe and her children make money?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)