|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lupe first sees Juan, what is it about him that disgusts her?
(a) The large wound on his face.
(b) How dirty he is.
(c) Seeing that he has a pistol.
(d) His horrible attitude.
2. What special gift has Don Victor brought for Sophia to wear in her wedding?
(a) A beautiful veil.
(b) Lace for her dress.
(c) Brand new stockings.
(d) A large hat.
3. What do Epitacio and Juan see across the Rio Grande?
(a) Nothing but the same poor people and ugly streets.
(b) They see another war on the other side.
(c) A wild forest.
(d) The untouched houses of the Americans.
4. Who does the second owner sell the mine to?
(a) The Mexican Federales.
(b) Espirito's grandchildren.
(c) A British oil company.
(d) A large American mining company.
5. What happens the day after Epitacio gambles away his paycheck?
(a) Epitacio works a double shift to earn his money back.
(b) Both Juan and Epitacio do not show up to work.
(c) Epitacio disappears.
(d) Juan goes and wins back all the lost money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Don Victor's job when he meets Guadalupe?
2. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
3. What job does Dona Margarita get so that she can feed her family?
4. How long does Don Victor believe it will take his family to gather enough gold to buy their way to the U.S.?
5. When Juan is talking to God, who does he say he needs help for?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)