|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Juan heads back to Juarez, how does the city look?
(a) The city looks as though there is a celebration happening.
(b) The city looks dark and lifeless.
(c) The city looks beautiful and colorful.
(d) The city looks like it is burning.
2. What type of land are Don Castro and his companions looking for to start their new community?
(a) Coastal land.
(c) Fertile land.
(d) Land with gold to be mined.
3. How many babies does Socorro give birth to?
4. Where is most of the good firewood found?
(a) In Juarez.
(c) High in the top branches.
(d) By the river.
5. When Lupe and her family finally find Don Manuel in California, what does he do for them?
(a) Gets them all jobs.
(b) Buys them a new home.
(c) Helps them find Sophia.
(d) Helps them move to Colorado.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of his daughters accompanies Don Victor back to the lowlands?
2. Who is the young man who asks to walk Lupe home from the library and carry her books?
3. When Juan is talking to God, who does he say he needs help for?
4. Who does Don Benito feel that he needs to impress in Chapter 3?
5. Where do Dona Guadalupe and her children hide when the army horsemen come through their canyon?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)