|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Dona Guadalupe and her children hide when the army horsemen come through their canyon?
(a) In the mine.
(b) On a high cliff in the canyon.
(c) A secret basement in their small house.
(d) A cave under the large boulder.
2. What is the name of Juan Salvador's youngest brother?
3. When the Mexicans demand better working conditions at the rock quarry, what do they get?
(a) A new whistle and nothing more.
(b) They get nothing at all and are fired.
(c) A new whistle and longer breaks.
(d) Paid vacation.
4. What special gift does Don Tiburcio bring to Dona Guadalupe for her family to share?
(a) A big bottle of wine.
(b) A small pack of colorful papers.
(c) A large box of chocolates.
(d) A honeyed ham.
5. What one item of Colonel Maytorena's clothing does Lupe rescue from being discarded?
(a) His blue hat.
(b) His black gloves.
(c) His white shirt.
(d) His gray coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the mine been named?
2. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
3. Where in California is Juan headed to see his sick mother?
4. What is the name of the mine where Juan and Epitacio work in Arizona?
5. What is it that crashes into the canyon and causes many, including Guadalupe, to think it is the end of the world?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)