|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the villagers do as a result of the revolution on their small community?
(a) They do nothing.
(b) They scatter to start another community elsewhere.
(c) They fight back and reclaim their town.
(d) They start heading for the U.S.
2. What happens the day after Epitacio gambles away his paycheck?
(a) Epitacio disappears.
(b) Both Juan and Epitacio do not show up to work.
(c) Epitacio works a double shift to earn his money back.
(d) Juan goes and wins back all the lost money.
3. After Sophia's husband dies, where does she leave to go to?
(a) Puerto Rico.
(c) The coast.
(d) The United States.
4. Why is Juan trying to sell firewood?
(a) He wants to be a small business owner.
(b) Because without money the family will starve.
(c) Because he likes selling firewood.
(d) Because his father used to sell firewood as well.
5. What special gift does Don Tiburcio bring to Dona Guadalupe for her family to share?
(a) A large box of chocolates.
(b) A honeyed ham.
(c) A small pack of colorful papers.
(d) A big bottle of wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What horrible thing has happened to Juan's sister Emilia?
2. Why does La Liebre decide to have Victoriano hanged in the town square?
3. Where does Juan go to find the two men that stole his money and cut his face when he first arrives in Los Angeles?
4. Besides being the owners of a gambling hall, what other prominent position does Archie Freeman hold?
5. What favor does Senora Munoz ask of Lupe at school one day?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)