|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After some time in California, Juan comes to realize that Mexicans are viewed there as what?
(a) They are at the top level of the social ladder.
(b) They are respected if they are educated.
(c) They are seen as equals to all other races.
(d) They are seen as nothing.
2. What has the mine been named?
(a) El Rio Urique.
(b) Plata del Mundo.
(c) La Lluvia de Oro.
(d) El Camino Real.
3. When Lupe and her family finally find Don Manuel in California, what does he do for them?
(a) Helps them move to Colorado.
(b) Gets them all jobs.
(c) Helps them find Sophia.
(d) Buys them a new home.
4. Why is Juan demoted his second day at the rock quarry?
(a) Because he is not white.
(b) Because he made a huge mistake.
(c) Because he hated that position and asked to be reassigned.
(d) Because someone with more experience came along.
5. What is in the pack that Don Victor brings on his back upon his return to his family?
(a) A large dead deer.
(b) A huge bundle of firewood.
(c) Ribbons, dried meat, and other gifts.
(d) Gold and money has has earned.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Juan escapes from prison, which state does he eventually end up in?
2. What is the reaction of Juan Salvador and his family upon seeing El Paso?
3. Who makes fun of Lupe in front of the whole class on her first day at school?
4. What does Dona Guadalupe want to do with her share of the gold that they have found?
5. What is Colonel Maytorena's job while in Lupe's town?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)