|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, The Crying Tree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town midwife?
2. Why is Victoriano looking through the discarded ore for gold?
(a) He wants to be a successful businessman.
(b) He is trying to get enough gold to make a ring.
(c) His mother needs help paying the bills.
(d) He is deliberately trying to anger the Americans.
3. What is the one condition that Espirito and his people put on the spring when they sell it?
(a) They are only allowed to stay for six months out of the year.
(b) They must pay taxes to the community to live there.
(c) They must not impose on the community.
(d) No digging allowed, they can only take rocks at the surface.
4. On the day they are scheduled to blast the location where they located their gold, what does Victoriano forget and have to go back home to retrieve?
(a) The dynamite.
(b) The map to the exact location where the gold is.
(c) The lunches for the men.
(d) The flint to start off the dynamite.
5. Why is Juan trying to sell firewood?
(a) Because his father used to sell firewood as well.
(b) Because without money the family will starve.
(c) He wants to be a small business owner.
(d) Because he likes selling firewood.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Dona Guadalupe and her children make money?
2. What does Dona Guadalupe want to do with her share of the gold that they have found?
3. What does the Colonel give to Lupe to give to her teacher?
4. What special gift does Don Tiburcio bring to Dona Guadalupe for her family to share?
5. Where does Don Victor go in search of work?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)