|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, The Crying Tree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What town does Don Victor tell Guadalupe about and convince her to go with him?
(a) El Paso.
(b) La Lluvia de Oro.
(c) Rancho Cucamonga.
2. Why is Juan trying to sell firewood?
(a) Because without money the family will starve.
(b) Because his father used to sell firewood as well.
(c) Because he likes selling firewood.
(d) He wants to be a small business owner.
3. Who goes with Don Castro to start a new community?
(a) His wife and three children.
(b) Dona Guadalupe.
(d) His two brothers.
4. What does Lupe find near the altar that she has made for Colonel Maytorena?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A letter from the Colonel.
(c) A small clump of gold ore.
(d) A small fawn.
5. What does Dona Guadalupe offer to make for Don Benito?
(c) A rug.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Juan is talking to God, who does he say he needs help for?
2. What is the reaction of Juan Salvador and his family upon seeing El Paso?
3. What do Epitacio and Juan see across the Rio Grande?
4. How do Dona Guadalupe and her children make money?
5. What horrible thing has happened to Juan's sister Emilia?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)