|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, The Crying Tree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What family pet does Dona Margarita have to kill for food?
(a) Inocenta's duck.
(b) Dona Margarita's dog.
(c) Juan's burro.
(d) Luisa's goat.
2. What does the midwife say about the pain tolerance of men?
(a) That men feel no pain whatsoever.
(b) That men cannot stand pain as women can.
(c) That the only pain men feel is the pain of love.
(d) That men have a much higher pain tolerance then women.
3. Which of Dona Guadalupe's daughters does Don Tiburcio seek to marry?
4. Who is Epitacio?
(a) Juan Salvador's oldest brother.
(b) Luisa's second husband.
(c) Don Castro's uncle.
(d) Dona Margarita's brother-in-law.
5. Why does Juan Salvador distract the foreman of a farm as his family is passing it?
(a) So that his family can cut through the field as a shortcut.
(b) Because he is a troublemaker.
(c) So that his family can sneak into the barn to take a nap.
(d) So that his family can steal corn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special gift does Don Tiburcio bring to Dona Guadalupe for her family to share?
2. What does Leonides do to the little Indian girl who runs at him from a burning house?
3. What does Juan realize as he goes to carry the wood back to the city?
4. Who are the two sides involved in the great war that is occurring in the valley?
5. When Juan is talking to God, who does he say he needs help for?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)