|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, The Crying Tree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reaction of Juan Salvador and his family upon seeing El Paso?
(a) They are disappointed.
(b) They are overjoyed.
(c) They are so tired they do not realize they are there.
(d) They cry because they are so happy.
2. What is the name of Colonel Maytorena's wife?
3. What does Lupe find near the altar that she has made for Colonel Maytorena?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A small fawn.
(c) A small clump of gold ore.
(d) A letter from the Colonel.
4. Why do the poor Mexicans think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
(a) Because he is fighting on the side of the revolution.
(b) He is an old war hero and is revered across the valley.
(c) He stood up to the American miners to make their working conditions better.
(d) He is here to bring salvation to the small village.
5. Why is Juan trying to sell firewood?
(a) Because he likes selling firewood.
(b) Because without money the family will starve.
(c) He wants to be a small business owner.
(d) Because his father used to sell firewood as well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Victoriano looking through the discarded ore for gold?
2. Who is Don Juan?
3. What is Don Victor's job when he meets Guadalupe?
4. What horrible thing has happened to Juan's sister Emilia?
5. What does Juan realize as he goes to carry the wood back to the city?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)