|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, The Crying Tree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Dona Guadalupe and her children make money?
(a) By selling fruit in town.
(b) By feeding the miners.
(c) By housing the miners.
(d) By selling their portion of the mine.
2. Who is the mayor's eldest daughter?
3. What does Juan use to bundle up the firewood he has collected?
(a) A small string.
(b) A long palm leaf.
(c) His belt.
(d) Dried out long grass.
4. What type of land are Don Castro and his companions looking for to start their new community?
(a) Fertile land.
(b) Land with gold to be mined.
(c) Coastal land.
5. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
(a) She cautions Lupe to stay away from the main roads.
(b) She cautions Lupe to not leave their hiding place.
(c) She warns Lupe not to go too near the mines.
(d) She warns Lupe not to like the Colonel too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Juan heads back to Juarez, how does the city look?
2. Who does Don Benito fall in love with while in town?
3. What do Epitacio and Juan see across the Rio Grande?
4. What has the mine been named?
5. Where do Juan and his sisters find seeds for their dinner while trying to walk to the U.S.?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)