|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, The Crying Tree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town midwife?
2. What is Don Victor's job when he meets Guadalupe?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A store owner.
(c) A carpenter.
(d) A tanner.
3. Why are the train passengers put off the train and forced to camp while the train leaves?
(a) Because these passengers do not have enough money to continue.
(b) Because the train is needed for the war effort.
(c) Because the train cannot actually enter the U.S.
(d) Because the train driver is evil and has decided to swindle the passengers.
4. Towards the end of Chapter 7, what do the soldiers do in response to the angry crowds they see in the village?
(a) They flee from the village.
(b) They do nothing and wait for the villagers to calm down.
(c) They attack those who are rising against them.
(d) They taunt the angry crowds.
5. What does Juan use to bundle up the firewood he has collected?
(a) A long palm leaf.
(b) His belt.
(c) Dried out long grass.
(d) A small string.
Short Answer Questions
1. What town does Don Victor tell Guadalupe about and convince her to go with him?
2. What do Epitacio and Juan see across the Rio Grande?
3. What Indian tribe is Leonides Camargo fighting against?
4. What is the name of Juan Salvador's youngest brother?
5. Who is the mayor's eldest daughter?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)