|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, The Crying Tree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dona Guadalupe want to do with her share of the gold that they have found?
(a) She wants to make sure her children go to college.
(b) She wants to move her family to the United States.
(c) She wants to buy a ranchero in the country.
(d) She wants to find a nice house in Mexico City.
2. Who is the mayor's eldest daughter?
3. Why are the train passengers put off the train and forced to camp while the train leaves?
(a) Because the train driver is evil and has decided to swindle the passengers.
(b) Because these passengers do not have enough money to continue.
(c) Because the train is needed for the war effort.
(d) Because the train cannot actually enter the U.S.
4. On the day they are scheduled to blast the location where they located their gold, what does Victoriano forget and have to go back home to retrieve?
(a) The map to the exact location where the gold is.
(b) The flint to start off the dynamite.
(c) The dynamite.
(d) The lunches for the men.
5. What has the mine been named?
(a) Plata del Mundo.
(b) El Rio Urique.
(c) El Camino Real.
(d) La Lluvia de Oro.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Colonel give to Lupe to give to her teacher?
2. Who makes fun of Lupe in front of the whole class on her first day at school?
3. How many men start the new community with Don Castro?
4. What horrible thing has happened to Juan's sister Emilia?
5. Why does Juan Salvador distract the foreman of a farm as his family is passing it?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)