|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, The Crying Tree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Juan Salvador Villasenor traveling with his family in Chapter 8?
(a) El Paso.
(b) Los Feliz.
2. Why are the animals howling and calling out while Socorro is giving birth?
(a) They are responding to her screams.
(b) They can hear the Federales approaching.
(c) It is feeding time and they are hungry.
(d) They sense the impending doom coming.
3. Many years after the new community is settled, how does the revolution affect this small community?
(a) Their community is raided and their livestock stolen.
(b) The community becomes rich because of the revolution.
(c) The revolution does not really affect their community.
(d) Their community becomes a base camp for the Federales.
4. What weapon does Dona Guadalupe give to her son after she frees him from being hanged?
(a) A large dagger.
(b) A heavy hatchet.
(c) An old pistol.
(d) A bow and arrow.
5. What town does Don Victor tell Guadalupe about and convince her to go with him?
(a) El Paso.
(c) La Lluvia de Oro.
(d) Rancho Cucamonga.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Don Juan?
2. Why is Juan trying to sell firewood?
3. What Indian tribe is Leonides Camargo fighting against?
4. What is Colonel Maytorena's job while in Lupe's town?
5. What is the name of Juan Salvador's youngest brother?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)