|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, The Crying Tree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon does Dona Guadalupe give to her son after she frees him from being hanged?
(a) An old pistol.
(b) A large dagger.
(c) A heavy hatchet.
(d) A bow and arrow.
2. On the day they are scheduled to blast the location where they located their gold, what does Victoriano forget and have to go back home to retrieve?
(a) The lunches for the men.
(b) The flint to start off the dynamite.
(c) The dynamite.
(d) The map to the exact location where the gold is.
3. What is the name of Colonel Maytorena's wife?
4. What horrible thing has happened to Juan's sister Emilia?
(a) She was raped by soldiers.
(b) She lost her voice forever.
(c) She was sick with fever.
(d) She was run over by a horse.
5. What do the villagers do as a result of the revolution on their small community?
(a) They scatter to start another community elsewhere.
(b) They start heading for the U.S.
(c) They do nothing.
(d) They fight back and reclaim their town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Don Benito fall in love with while in town?
2. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
3. Who is Epitacio?
4. What do Epitacio and Juan see across the Rio Grande?
5. Where is Juan Salvador Villasenor traveling with his family in Chapter 8?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)