|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, The Crying Tree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Espirito offered for the golden rocks in the springs?
(a) All the clothes and food his people could need.
(b) One million dollars.
(c) Ten percent of the gold.
(d) A large ranch of his own.
2. What special gift does Don Tiburcio bring to Dona Guadalupe for her family to share?
(a) A big bottle of wine.
(b) A honeyed ham.
(c) A large box of chocolates.
(d) A small pack of colorful papers.
3. What does Lupe find near the altar that she has made for Colonel Maytorena?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A small fawn.
(c) A small clump of gold ore.
(d) A letter from the Colonel.
4. Why is Juan trying to sell firewood?
(a) Because he likes selling firewood.
(b) He wants to be a small business owner.
(c) Because without money the family will starve.
(d) Because his father used to sell firewood as well.
5. Who does Don Benito feel that he needs to impress in Chapter 3?
(a) Dona Guadalupe.
(b) Don Manuel.
(d) Colonel Maytorena.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leonides do to the little Indian girl who runs at him from a burning house?
2. What has the mine been named?
3. Many years after the new community is settled, how does the revolution affect this small community?
4. Why does Socorro throw out all of her husband's clothing?
5. Who is Don Juan?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)