|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, The Crying Tree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Don Benito fall in love with while in town?
2. Why is Victoriano looking through the discarded ore for gold?
(a) He wants to be a successful businessman.
(b) He is trying to get enough gold to make a ring.
(c) His mother needs help paying the bills.
(d) He is deliberately trying to anger the Americans.
3. What family pet does Dona Margarita have to kill for food?
(a) Dona Margarita's dog.
(b) Luisa's goat.
(c) Juan's burro.
(d) Inocenta's duck.
4. What is the name of the young man who is hired by Don Benito to help move rocks and earth from the gold find?
5. As Juan heads back to Juarez, how does the city look?
(a) The city looks beautiful and colorful.
(b) The city looks as though there is a celebration happening.
(c) The city looks dark and lifeless.
(d) The city looks like it is burning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is congratulated by the midwife for her assistance during Socorro's delivery?
2. Why are the people in the village leaving to find work in other areas?
3. Why does La Liebre decide to have Victoriano hanged in the town square?
4. How do Dona Guadalupe and her children make money?
5. Why are the animals howling and calling out while Socorro is giving birth?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)