|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, The Crying Tree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Espirito offered for the golden rocks in the springs?
(a) One million dollars.
(b) Ten percent of the gold.
(c) All the clothes and food his people could need.
(d) A large ranch of his own.
2. Who are the two sides involved in the great war that is occurring in the valley?
(a) The Nationales and the Libertadidos.
(b) The Villistas and the Carranzistas.
(c) The Nationales and the Federales.
(d) The Guerillas and the Villistas.
3. What is it that crashes into the canyon and causes many, including Guadalupe, to think it is the end of the world?
(a) A large boulder.
(b) A cannonball.
(c) A meteorite.
4. Who is having trouble keeping the secret that they have discovered gold?
(a) Victoriano and Don Benito.
(b) Don Victor.
(c) Lupe and Victoriano.
(d) Dona Guadalupe.
5. Why does Socorro throw out all of her husband's clothing?
(a) She is angry and wants to say good-bye to him forever.
(b) She is going to buy him all new clothes for his return.
(c) She needs to move and cannot take them all with her.
(d) She recognizes that she should donate them to others.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the day they are scheduled to blast the location where they located their gold, what does Victoriano forget and have to go back home to retrieve?
2. Which powerful person is killed by Victoriano?
3. Who does the second owner sell the mine to?
4. What is Espirito searching for in Chapter 1?
5. Which of Dona Guadalupe's daughters does Don Tiburcio seek to marry?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)