|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, The Crying Tree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dona Guadalupe want to do with her share of the gold that they have found?
(a) She wants to move her family to the United States.
(b) She wants to find a nice house in Mexico City.
(c) She wants to buy a ranchero in the country.
(d) She wants to make sure her children go to college.
2. Who is having trouble keeping the secret that they have discovered gold?
(a) Don Victor.
(b) Dona Guadalupe.
(c) Victoriano and Don Benito.
(d) Lupe and Victoriano.
3. What Indian tribe is Leonides Camargo fighting against?
4. What town does Don Victor tell Guadalupe about and convince her to go with him?
(b) Rancho Cucamonga.
(c) La Lluvia de Oro.
(d) El Paso.
5. On the day they are scheduled to blast the location where they located their gold, what does Victoriano forget and have to go back home to retrieve?
(a) The flint to start off the dynamite.
(b) The map to the exact location where the gold is.
(c) The lunches for the men.
(d) The dynamite.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the mayor's eldest daughter?
2. How many men start the new community with Don Castro?
3. What is the reaction of Juan Salvador and his family upon seeing El Paso?
4. What does the midwife say about the pain tolerance of men?
5. What type of land are Don Castro and his companions looking for to start their new community?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)