|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, The Crying Tree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Towards the end of Chapter 7, what do the soldiers do in response to the angry crowds they see in the village?
(a) They taunt the angry crowds.
(b) They attack those who are rising against them.
(c) They do nothing and wait for the villagers to calm down.
(d) They flee from the village.
2. What job does Dona Margarita get so that she can feed her family?
(a) She does not have a job, she begs in the city.
(b) She is a worker in a small market.
(c) She is a housecleaner.
(d) She gets a job as a seamstress in town.
3. Why does La Liebre decide to have Victoriano hanged in the town square?
(a) He and Victoriano are fighting over the same woman.
(b) He is angry because the boy talked back to him in a crowd.
(c) He thinks the ore he has is more valuable than it is.
(d) Just because.
4. How many men start the new community with Don Castro?
(a) 45 men.
(b) 50 men.
(c) 52 men.
(d) 48 men.
5. Where is Juan Salvador Villasenor traveling with his family in Chapter 8?
(a) El Paso.
(c) Los Feliz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the midwife say about the pain tolerance of men?
2. What does Lupe find near the altar that she has made for Colonel Maytorena?
3. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
4. Why does the first owner sell the spring?
5. What is the name of Juan Salvador's youngest brother?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)