|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, The Crying Tree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year does the Mexican Revolution start?
2. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
(a) Because it is more ore than gold.
(b) To make it seem like they have more.
(c) To make it seem like it came from the river.
(d) Because that is what you are supposed to do to gold ore.
3. What type of land are Don Castro and his companions looking for to start their new community?
(a) Fertile land.
(b) Coastal land.
(d) Land with gold to be mined.
4. What does Lupe find near the altar that she has made for Colonel Maytorena?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A letter from the Colonel.
(c) A small clump of gold ore.
(d) A small fawn.
5. Towards the end of Chapter 7, what do the soldiers do in response to the angry crowds they see in the village?
(a) They flee from the village.
(b) They taunt the angry crowds.
(c) They attack those who are rising against them.
(d) They do nothing and wait for the villagers to calm down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Dona Guadalupe and her children hide when the army horsemen come through their canyon?
2. Why does Juan Salvador distract the foreman of a farm as his family is passing it?
3. Where does Guadalupe work when her husband leaves her?
4. What job does Dona Margarita get so that she can feed her family?
5. Who does the second owner sell the mine to?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)