|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, The Crying Tree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the mine been named?
(a) La Lluvia de Oro.
(b) Plata del Mundo.
(c) El Camino Real.
(d) El Rio Urique.
2. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
(a) She cautions Lupe to not leave their hiding place.
(b) She warns Lupe not to go too near the mines.
(c) She warns Lupe not to like the Colonel too much.
(d) She cautions Lupe to stay away from the main roads.
3. Why does Socorro throw out all of her husband's clothing?
(a) She needs to move and cannot take them all with her.
(b) She is angry and wants to say good-bye to him forever.
(c) She recognizes that she should donate them to others.
(d) She is going to buy him all new clothes for his return.
4. What is Espirito searching for in Chapter 1?
(a) A place to hunt.
(b) Drinkable water.
(d) His sister.
5. Why does Juan Salvador distract the foreman of a farm as his family is passing it?
(a) So that his family can steal corn.
(b) So that his family can sneak into the barn to take a nap.
(c) So that his family can cut through the field as a shortcut.
(d) Because he is a troublemaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Dona Guadalupe and her children hide when the army horsemen come through their canyon?
2. What horrible thing has happened to Juan's sister Emilia?
3. Who misses the train to America with Juan?
4. Where does Don Victor go in search of work?
5. Who is having trouble keeping the secret that they have discovered gold?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)