|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, The Crying Tree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juan use to bundle up the firewood he has collected?
(a) A long palm leaf.
(b) A small string.
(c) Dried out long grass.
(d) His belt.
2. Who is congratulated by the midwife for her assistance during Socorro's delivery?
(a) Dona Guadalupe.
3. What special gift does Don Tiburcio bring to Dona Guadalupe for her family to share?
(a) A large box of chocolates.
(b) A honeyed ham.
(c) A small pack of colorful papers.
(d) A big bottle of wine.
4. Many years after the new community is settled, how does the revolution affect this small community?
(a) The revolution does not really affect their community.
(b) The community becomes rich because of the revolution.
(c) Their community is raided and their livestock stolen.
(d) Their community becomes a base camp for the Federales.
5. What is the name of the town midwife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Dona Guadalupe and her children hide when the army horsemen come through their canyon?
2. Towards the end of Chapter 7, what do the soldiers do in response to the angry crowds they see in the village?
3. Who does Don Benito fall in love with while in town?
4. What does Dona Guadalupe want to do with her share of the gold that they have found?
5. What is the name of the young man who is hired by Don Benito to help move rocks and earth from the gold find?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)