|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, The Crying Tree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What family pet does Dona Margarita have to kill for food?
(a) Dona Margarita's dog.
(b) Juan's burro.
(c) Luisa's goat.
(d) Inocenta's duck.
2. What is the name of the town midwife?
3. Who misses the train to America with Juan?
(a) No one, he is all alone.
4. What Indian tribe is Leonides Camargo fighting against?
5. What is the one condition that Espirito and his people put on the spring when they sell it?
(a) No digging allowed, they can only take rocks at the surface.
(b) They are only allowed to stay for six months out of the year.
(c) They must not impose on the community.
(d) They must pay taxes to the community to live there.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many babies does Socorro give birth to?
2. Who are the two sides involved in the great war that is occurring in the valley?
3. Why are the people in the village leaving to find work in other areas?
4. Why does the first owner sell the spring?
5. What do Epitacio and Juan see across the Rio Grande?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)