|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, The Crying Tree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Espirito searching for in Chapter 1?
(b) A place to hunt.
(c) His sister.
(d) Drinkable water.
2. Who does the second owner sell the mine to?
(a) Espirito's grandchildren.
(b) A large American mining company.
(c) A British oil company.
(d) The Mexican Federales.
3. How is the time of day described when Socorro is giving birth?
(a) There is a full moon.
(b) It is a dark night with no moon or stars for light.
(c) The sun is blazing in the sky.
(d) The rain is storming outside.
4. What does Leonides do to the little Indian girl who runs at him from a burning house?
(a) He throws her into prison.
(b) He takes her as his own.
(c) He lets another soldier kill her.
(d) He gives her to an old lady on the outskirts of town.
5. Why are the people in the village leaving to find work in other areas?
(a) Because they are sick of working for the Americans.
(b) Because a new, larger mine is opening up in another city.
(c) Because the war is coming to their village.
(d) Because the Americans shut down the mine.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the funeral celebration for Don Benito, who announces that they are getting married?
2. Where does Don Victor go in search of work?
3. What town does Don Victor tell Guadalupe about and convince her to go with him?
4. What does Dona Guadalupe offer to make for Don Benito?
5. Many years after the new community is settled, how does the revolution affect this small community?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)