|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, The Crying Tree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the animals howling and calling out while Socorro is giving birth?
(a) They are responding to her screams.
(b) They can hear the Federales approaching.
(c) It is feeding time and they are hungry.
(d) They sense the impending doom coming.
2. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
(a) She warns Lupe not to go too near the mines.
(b) She cautions Lupe to stay away from the main roads.
(c) She cautions Lupe to not leave their hiding place.
(d) She warns Lupe not to like the Colonel too much.
3. Who does Don Benito feel that he needs to impress in Chapter 3?
(a) Dona Guadalupe.
(b) Don Manuel.
(c) Colonel Maytorena.
4. What year does the Mexican Revolution start?
5. Who is the mayor's eldest daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the train passengers put off the train and forced to camp while the train leaves?
2. What is Espirito offered for the golden rocks in the springs?
3. Why is La Liebre upset with Dona Guadalupe and her family?
4. Why do the poor Mexicans think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
5. What is Don Victor's job when he meets Guadalupe?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)