|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, The Crying Tree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the villagers do as a result of the revolution on their small community?
(a) They scatter to start another community elsewhere.
(b) They do nothing.
(c) They fight back and reclaim their town.
(d) They start heading for the U.S.
2. Why are the train passengers put off the train and forced to camp while the train leaves?
(a) Because the train driver is evil and has decided to swindle the passengers.
(b) Because these passengers do not have enough money to continue.
(c) Because the train cannot actually enter the U.S.
(d) Because the train is needed for the war effort.
3. Many years after the new community is settled, how does the revolution affect this small community?
(a) The community becomes rich because of the revolution.
(b) Their community is raided and their livestock stolen.
(c) The revolution does not really affect their community.
(d) Their community becomes a base camp for the Federales.
4. What is the name of Colonel Maytorena's wife?
5. Why is La Liebre upset with Dona Guadalupe and her family?
(a) Victoriano tried to marry the woman he loves.
(b) Dona Guadalupe caused his horse to break its leg.
(c) Dona Guadalupe tried to take the gold from his land.
(d) Because they are friends of Colonel Maytorena.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which powerful person is killed by Victoriano?
2. Who makes fun of Lupe in front of the whole class on her first day at school?
3. Why does Socorro throw out all of her husband's clothing?
4. What does Juan use to bundle up the firewood he has collected?
5. Why do the poor Mexicans think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)