|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Dona Guadalupe and her children hide when the army horsemen come through their canyon?
(a) On a high cliff in the canyon.
(b) A cave under the large boulder.
(c) In the mine.
(d) A secret basement in their small house.
2. What is the name of Juan Salvador's youngest brother?
3. What does Dona Guadalupe want to do with her share of the gold that they have found?
(a) She wants to make sure her children go to college.
(b) She wants to find a nice house in Mexico City.
(c) She wants to buy a ranchero in the country.
(d) She wants to move her family to the United States.
4. What does the midwife say about the pain tolerance of men?
(a) That men have a much higher pain tolerance then women.
(b) That the only pain men feel is the pain of love.
(c) That men cannot stand pain as women can.
(d) That men feel no pain whatsoever.
5. Many years after the new community is settled, how does the revolution affect this small community?
(a) Their community becomes a base camp for the Federales.
(b) The community becomes rich because of the revolution.
(c) Their community is raided and their livestock stolen.
(d) The revolution does not really affect their community.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Colonel give to Lupe to give to her teacher?
2. What is the one condition that Espirito and his people put on the spring when they sell it?
3. What do the villagers do as a result of the revolution on their small community?
4. Where is Juan Salvador Villasenor traveling with his family in Chapter 8?
5. Who are the two sides involved in the great war that is occurring in the valley?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)