|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who misses the train to America with Juan?
(b) No one, he is all alone.
2. What year does the Mexican Revolution start?
3. Who goes with Don Castro to start a new community?
(a) His wife and three children.
(b) His two brothers.
(d) Dona Guadalupe.
4. What is the one condition that Espirito and his people put on the spring when they sell it?
(a) No digging allowed, they can only take rocks at the surface.
(b) They are only allowed to stay for six months out of the year.
(c) They must pay taxes to the community to live there.
(d) They must not impose on the community.
5. Why are the train passengers put off the train and forced to camp while the train leaves?
(a) Because the train cannot actually enter the U.S.
(b) Because these passengers do not have enough money to continue.
(c) Because the train driver is evil and has decided to swindle the passengers.
(d) Because the train is needed for the war effort.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the people in the village leaving to find work in other areas?
2. How many men start the new community with Don Castro?
3. Where do Juan and his sisters find seeds for their dinner while trying to walk to the U.S.?
4. What is the name of the town midwife?
5. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)