|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Dona Guadalupe and her children make money?
(a) By feeding the miners.
(b) By housing the miners.
(c) By selling their portion of the mine.
(d) By selling fruit in town.
2. Where is Juan Salvador Villasenor traveling with his family in Chapter 8?
(a) Los Feliz.
(c) El Paso.
3. Why are the train passengers put off the train and forced to camp while the train leaves?
(a) Because the train cannot actually enter the U.S.
(b) Because the train is needed for the war effort.
(c) Because the train driver is evil and has decided to swindle the passengers.
(d) Because these passengers do not have enough money to continue.
4. Who does Don Benito fall in love with while in town?
5. Why does Socorro throw out all of her husband's clothing?
(a) She needs to move and cannot take them all with her.
(b) She recognizes that she should donate them to others.
(c) She is angry and wants to say good-bye to him forever.
(d) She is going to buy him all new clothes for his return.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the villagers do as a result of the revolution on their small community?
2. Why do the poor Mexicans think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
3. What does Lupe find near the altar that she has made for Colonel Maytorena?
4. What does Dona Guadalupe want to do with her share of the gold that they have found?
5. What is Colonel Maytorena's job while in Lupe's town?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)