|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town midwife?
2. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
(a) She warns Lupe not to go too near the mines.
(b) She cautions Lupe to not leave their hiding place.
(c) She warns Lupe not to like the Colonel too much.
(d) She cautions Lupe to stay away from the main roads.
3. What is Espirito offered for the golden rocks in the springs?
(a) Ten percent of the gold.
(b) One million dollars.
(c) A large ranch of his own.
(d) All the clothes and food his people could need.
4. Who are the two sides involved in the great war that is occurring in the valley?
(a) The Nationales and the Federales.
(b) The Nationales and the Libertadidos.
(c) The Guerillas and the Villistas.
(d) The Villistas and the Carranzistas.
5. What special gift does Don Tiburcio bring to Dona Guadalupe for her family to share?
(a) A big bottle of wine.
(b) A small pack of colorful papers.
(c) A large box of chocolates.
(d) A honeyed ham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Dona Guadalupe and her children hide when the army horsemen come through their canyon?
2. At the funeral celebration for Don Benito, who announces that they are getting married?
3. Why are the people in the village leaving to find work in other areas?
4. What horrible thing has happened to Juan's sister Emilia?
5. What is Espirito searching for in Chapter 1?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)