|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special gift does Don Tiburcio bring to Dona Guadalupe for her family to share?
(a) A large box of chocolates.
(b) A small pack of colorful papers.
(c) A big bottle of wine.
(d) A honeyed ham.
2. What family pet does Dona Margarita have to kill for food?
(a) Luisa's goat.
(b) Inocenta's duck.
(c) Juan's burro.
(d) Dona Margarita's dog.
3. On the day they are scheduled to blast the location where they located their gold, what does Victoriano forget and have to go back home to retrieve?
(a) The dynamite.
(b) The map to the exact location where the gold is.
(c) The lunches for the men.
(d) The flint to start off the dynamite.
4. Who goes with Don Castro to start a new community?
(a) Dona Guadalupe.
(b) His wife and three children.
(d) His two brothers.
5. What does Dona Guadalupe want to do with her share of the gold that they have found?
(a) She wants to buy a ranchero in the country.
(b) She wants to find a nice house in Mexico City.
(c) She wants to make sure her children go to college.
(d) She wants to move her family to the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the midwife say about the pain tolerance of men?
2. Why do the poor Mexicans think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
3. What has the mine been named?
4. Why is Victoriano looking through the discarded ore for gold?
5. Who does Don Benito feel that he needs to impress in Chapter 3?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)