|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is having trouble keeping the secret that they have discovered gold?
(a) Victoriano and Don Benito.
(b) Don Victor.
(c) Lupe and Victoriano.
(d) Dona Guadalupe.
2. What does the midwife say about the pain tolerance of men?
(a) That men feel no pain whatsoever.
(b) That the only pain men feel is the pain of love.
(c) That men have a much higher pain tolerance then women.
(d) That men cannot stand pain as women can.
3. On the day they are scheduled to blast the location where they located their gold, what does Victoriano forget and have to go back home to retrieve?
(a) The map to the exact location where the gold is.
(b) The lunches for the men.
(c) The dynamite.
(d) The flint to start off the dynamite.
4. Many years after the new community is settled, how does the revolution affect this small community?
(a) The community becomes rich because of the revolution.
(b) Their community becomes a base camp for the Federales.
(c) The revolution does not really affect their community.
(d) Their community is raided and their livestock stolen.
5. Who does Don Benito fall in love with while in town?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Dona Guadalupe's daughters does Don Tiburcio seek to marry?
2. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
3. How many men start the new community with Don Castro?
4. What is Espirito offered for the golden rocks in the springs?
5. What is the name of the town midwife?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)