|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Colonel give to Lupe to give to her teacher?
(a) A small box.
(b) An apple.
(c) A card.
(d) A book.
2. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
(a) Because it is more ore than gold.
(b) To make it seem like it came from the river.
(c) To make it seem like they have more.
(d) Because that is what you are supposed to do to gold ore.
3. Why are the people in the village leaving to find work in other areas?
(a) Because a new, larger mine is opening up in another city.
(b) Because the Americans shut down the mine.
(c) Because they are sick of working for the Americans.
(d) Because the war is coming to their village.
4. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
(a) She warns Lupe not to like the Colonel too much.
(b) She cautions Lupe to not leave their hiding place.
(c) She cautions Lupe to stay away from the main roads.
(d) She warns Lupe not to go too near the mines.
5. How do Dona Guadalupe and her children make money?
(a) By housing the miners.
(b) By selling fruit in town.
(c) By feeding the miners.
(d) By selling their portion of the mine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Epitacio and Juan see across the Rio Grande?
2. What do the villagers do as a result of the revolution on their small community?
3. What does Dona Guadalupe offer to make for Don Benito?
4. Who are the two sides involved in the great war that is occurring in the valley?
5. Who is having trouble keeping the secret that they have discovered gold?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)