|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the poor Mexicans think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
(a) He stood up to the American miners to make their working conditions better.
(b) He is an old war hero and is revered across the valley.
(c) Because he is fighting on the side of the revolution.
(d) He is here to bring salvation to the small village.
2. What favor does Senora Munoz ask of Lupe at school one day?
(a) To bring her a little cheese each day.
(b) To hide a small box at her house.
(c) To not tell anyone she is leaving soon.
(d) To take a letter to Victoriano for her.
3. Who are the two sides involved in the great war that is occurring in the valley?
(a) The Villistas and the Carranzistas.
(b) The Nationales and the Federales.
(c) The Nationales and the Libertadidos.
(d) The Guerillas and the Villistas.
4. What does Dona Guadalupe want to do with her share of the gold that they have found?
(a) She wants to find a nice house in Mexico City.
(b) She wants to make sure her children go to college.
(c) She wants to move her family to the United States.
(d) She wants to buy a ranchero in the country.
5. Why does La Liebre decide to have Victoriano hanged in the town square?
(a) He is angry because the boy talked back to him in a crowd.
(b) He thinks the ore he has is more valuable than it is.
(c) He and Victoriano are fighting over the same woman.
(d) Just because.
Short Answer Questions
1. Towards the end of Chapter 7, what do the soldiers do in response to the angry crowds they see in the village?
2. Who makes fun of Lupe in front of the whole class on her first day at school?
3. Why is La Liebre upset with Dona Guadalupe and her family?
4. Who does Don Benito feel that he needs to impress in Chapter 3?
5. Who is Epitacio?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)