|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lupe find near the altar that she has made for Colonel Maytorena?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A letter from the Colonel.
(c) A small fawn.
(d) A small clump of gold ore.
2. Which powerful person is killed by Victoriano?
(a) Don Manuel.
(b) Colonel Maytorena.
(c) La Liebre.
(d) Don Tiburcio.
3. Why does the first owner sell the spring?
(a) He has to move back to his home country.
(b) The nuggets are depleted.
(c) He does not sell it. It is stolen.
(d) The war makes it too dangerous.
4. Why is Victoriano looking through the discarded ore for gold?
(a) His mother needs help paying the bills.
(b) He is trying to get enough gold to make a ring.
(c) He wants to be a successful businessman.
(d) He is deliberately trying to anger the Americans.
5. Who is Don Juan?
(a) The teacher.
(b) Colonel Maytorena's boss.
(c) The mayor of the town.
(d) Dona Guadalupe's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Dona Guadalupe and her children make money?
2. What is the one condition that Espirito and his people put on the spring when they sell it?
3. What do Epitacio and Juan see across the Rio Grande?
4. Many years after the new community is settled, how does the revolution affect this small community?
5. What is Espirito offered for the golden rocks in the springs?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)