|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the midwife say about the pain tolerance of men?
(a) That men cannot stand pain as women can.
(b) That men have a much higher pain tolerance then women.
(c) That men feel no pain whatsoever.
(d) That the only pain men feel is the pain of love.
2. Which powerful person is killed by Victoriano?
(a) Don Manuel.
(b) Don Tiburcio.
(c) La Liebre.
(d) Colonel Maytorena.
3. Why are the train passengers put off the train and forced to camp while the train leaves?
(a) Because the train is needed for the war effort.
(b) Because these passengers do not have enough money to continue.
(c) Because the train driver is evil and has decided to swindle the passengers.
(d) Because the train cannot actually enter the U.S.
4. What favor does Senora Munoz ask of Lupe at school one day?
(a) To not tell anyone she is leaving soon.
(b) To hide a small box at her house.
(c) To take a letter to Victoriano for her.
(d) To bring her a little cheese each day.
5. Why do the poor Mexicans think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
(a) He is here to bring salvation to the small village.
(b) Because he is fighting on the side of the revolution.
(c) He is an old war hero and is revered across the valley.
(d) He stood up to the American miners to make their working conditions better.
Short Answer Questions
1. What horrible thing has happened to Juan's sister Emilia?
2. What is the name of the young man who is hired by Don Benito to help move rocks and earth from the gold find?
3. Why are the people in the village leaving to find work in other areas?
4. Who misses the train to America with Juan?
5. Where does Don Castro set out from when leaving to start a new community?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)