|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Don Castro set out from when leaving to start a new community?
(a) Baja California.
(b) Ciudad del Oro.
(c) Monte Negro.
(d) Mexico City.
2. What does Lupe find near the altar that she has made for Colonel Maytorena?
(a) A small clump of gold ore.
(b) A letter from the Colonel.
(c) A small fawn.
(d) A rifle.
3. What family pet does Dona Margarita have to kill for food?
(a) Inocenta's duck.
(b) Juan's burro.
(c) Luisa's goat.
(d) Dona Margarita's dog.
4. What is Colonel Maytorena's job while in Lupe's town?
(a) He is there to become the next mayor of the town.
(b) He is in charge of building a road out of the valley.
(c) He is in charge of the mine for the American company.
(d) He is stationed to oversee the military presence in the valley.
5. What is the one condition that Espirito and his people put on the spring when they sell it?
(a) They must pay taxes to the community to live there.
(b) They are only allowed to stay for six months out of the year.
(c) They must not impose on the community.
(d) No digging allowed, they can only take rocks at the surface.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is La Liebre upset with Dona Guadalupe and her family?
2. Who does Don Benito fall in love with while in town?
3. What is the name of the young man who is hired by Don Benito to help move rocks and earth from the gold find?
4. Who makes fun of Lupe in front of the whole class on her first day at school?
5. What is the name of the town midwife?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)