|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the poor Mexicans think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
(a) He is here to bring salvation to the small village.
(b) He is an old war hero and is revered across the valley.
(c) Because he is fighting on the side of the revolution.
(d) He stood up to the American miners to make their working conditions better.
2. What is the name of the town midwife?
3. Why does Juan Salvador distract the foreman of a farm as his family is passing it?
(a) So that his family can sneak into the barn to take a nap.
(b) Because he is a troublemaker.
(c) So that his family can cut through the field as a shortcut.
(d) So that his family can steal corn.
4. Where does Don Castro set out from when leaving to start a new community?
(a) Baja California.
(b) Monte Negro.
(c) Ciudad del Oro.
(d) Mexico City.
5. On the day they are scheduled to blast the location where they located their gold, what does Victoriano forget and have to go back home to retrieve?
(a) The flint to start off the dynamite.
(b) The map to the exact location where the gold is.
(c) The lunches for the men.
(d) The dynamite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reaction of Juan Salvador and his family upon seeing El Paso?
2. What is the one condition that Espirito and his people put on the spring when they sell it?
3. What family pet does Dona Margarita have to kill for food?
4. What does Dona Guadalupe want to do with her share of the gold that they have found?
5. What is the name of Juan Salvador's youngest brother?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)