|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What favor does Senora Munoz ask of Lupe at school one day?
(a) To take a letter to Victoriano for her.
(b) To hide a small box at her house.
(c) To not tell anyone she is leaving soon.
(d) To bring her a little cheese each day.
2. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
(a) She cautions Lupe to not leave their hiding place.
(b) She warns Lupe not to go too near the mines.
(c) She warns Lupe not to like the Colonel too much.
(d) She cautions Lupe to stay away from the main roads.
3. What does the Colonel give to Lupe to give to her teacher?
(a) An apple.
(b) A card.
(c) A book.
(d) A small box.
4. How is the time of day described when Socorro is giving birth?
(a) The rain is storming outside.
(b) The sun is blazing in the sky.
(c) It is a dark night with no moon or stars for light.
(d) There is a full moon.
5. Why is Victoriano looking through the discarded ore for gold?
(a) He is deliberately trying to anger the Americans.
(b) His mother needs help paying the bills.
(c) He is trying to get enough gold to make a ring.
(d) He wants to be a successful businessman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Dona Guadalupe's daughters does Don Tiburcio seek to marry?
2. What does Lupe find near the altar that she has made for Colonel Maytorena?
3. Who does the second owner sell the mine to?
4. Many years after the new community is settled, how does the revolution affect this small community?
5. What is the reaction of Juan Salvador and his family upon seeing El Paso?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)