|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Socorro throw out all of her husband's clothing?
(a) She needs to move and cannot take them all with her.
(b) She recognizes that she should donate them to others.
(c) She is angry and wants to say good-bye to him forever.
(d) She is going to buy him all new clothes for his return.
2. What year does the Mexican Revolution start?
3. How many babies does Socorro give birth to?
4. What does Dona Guadalupe offer to make for Don Benito?
(d) A rug.
5. What job does Dona Margarita get so that she can feed her family?
(a) She gets a job as a seamstress in town.
(b) She is a worker in a small market.
(c) She does not have a job, she begs in the city.
(d) She is a housecleaner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Juan Salvador distract the foreman of a farm as his family is passing it?
2. Why is Victoriano looking through the discarded ore for gold?
3. Where do Juan and his sisters find seeds for their dinner while trying to walk to the U.S.?
4. Who is the mayor's eldest daughter?
5. What is the one condition that Espirito and his people put on the spring when they sell it?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)