|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the poor Mexicans think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
(a) He is here to bring salvation to the small village.
(b) He is an old war hero and is revered across the valley.
(c) Because he is fighting on the side of the revolution.
(d) He stood up to the American miners to make their working conditions better.
2. Where does Don Victor go in search of work?
(a) El Paso.
(b) Baja California.
(c) The lowlands.
(d) The seashore.
3. What is the name of the young man who is hired by Don Benito to help move rocks and earth from the gold find?
4. Where do Dona Guadalupe and her children hide when the army horsemen come through their canyon?
(a) On a high cliff in the canyon.
(b) In the mine.
(c) A secret basement in their small house.
(d) A cave under the large boulder.
5. What is Colonel Maytorena's job while in Lupe's town?
(a) He is stationed to oversee the military presence in the valley.
(b) He is in charge of the mine for the American company.
(c) He is in charge of building a road out of the valley.
(d) He is there to become the next mayor of the town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special gift does Don Tiburcio bring to Dona Guadalupe for her family to share?
2. What does Dona Guadalupe offer to make for Don Benito?
3. Who does Don Benito fall in love with while in town?
4. What one item of Colonel Maytorena's clothing does Lupe rescue from being discarded?
5. Why does Socorro throw out all of her husband's clothing?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)