|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dona Guadalupe want to do with her share of the gold that they have found?
(a) She wants to make sure her children go to college.
(b) She wants to find a nice house in Mexico City.
(c) She wants to buy a ranchero in the country.
(d) She wants to move her family to the United States.
2. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
(a) She warns Lupe not to go too near the mines.
(b) She cautions Lupe to not leave their hiding place.
(c) She warns Lupe not to like the Colonel too much.
(d) She cautions Lupe to stay away from the main roads.
3. What is the one condition that Espirito and his people put on the spring when they sell it?
(a) They are only allowed to stay for six months out of the year.
(b) No digging allowed, they can only take rocks at the surface.
(c) They must pay taxes to the community to live there.
(d) They must not impose on the community.
4. Who makes fun of Lupe in front of the whole class on her first day at school?
5. What is the name of the town midwife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two sides involved in the great war that is occurring in the valley?
2. What does the midwife say about the pain tolerance of men?
3. Why is La Liebre upset with Dona Guadalupe and her family?
4. What does Dona Guadalupe offer to make for Don Benito?
5. Who is Don Juan?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)