|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
(a) Because it is more ore than gold.
(b) To make it seem like they have more.
(c) Because that is what you are supposed to do to gold ore.
(d) To make it seem like it came from the river.
2. What is Espirito searching for in Chapter 1?
(a) A place to hunt.
(c) Drinkable water.
(d) His sister.
3. What is the name of Colonel Maytorena's wife?
4. What is Colonel Maytorena's job while in Lupe's town?
(a) He is in charge of the mine for the American company.
(b) He is there to become the next mayor of the town.
(c) He is stationed to oversee the military presence in the valley.
(d) He is in charge of building a road out of the valley.
5. Who is the mayor's eldest daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the young man who is hired by Don Benito to help move rocks and earth from the gold find?
2. Why does Socorro throw out all of her husband's clothing?
3. What does the Colonel give to Lupe to give to her teacher?
4. What does Lupe find near the altar that she has made for Colonel Maytorena?
5. How do Dona Guadalupe and her children make money?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)