|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
(a) She cautions Lupe to stay away from the main roads.
(b) She warns Lupe not to go too near the mines.
(c) She cautions Lupe to not leave their hiding place.
(d) She warns Lupe not to like the Colonel too much.
2. Why does Socorro throw out all of her husband's clothing?
(a) She needs to move and cannot take them all with her.
(b) She is going to buy him all new clothes for his return.
(c) She recognizes that she should donate them to others.
(d) She is angry and wants to say good-bye to him forever.
3. Why are the animals howling and calling out while Socorro is giving birth?
(a) It is feeding time and they are hungry.
(b) They can hear the Federales approaching.
(c) They sense the impending doom coming.
(d) They are responding to her screams.
4. Who does Don Benito feel that he needs to impress in Chapter 3?
(a) Colonel Maytorena.
(c) Dona Guadalupe.
(d) Don Manuel.
5. What one item of Colonel Maytorena's clothing does Lupe rescue from being discarded?
(a) His white shirt.
(b) His black gloves.
(c) His blue hat.
(d) His gray coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
2. What is the name of Colonel Maytorena's wife?
3. How is the time of day described when Socorro is giving birth?
4. What does Dona Guadalupe want to do with her share of the gold that they have found?
5. Who does Don Benito fall in love with while in town?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)