|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the mine been named?
(a) El Rio Urique.
(b) La Lluvia de Oro.
(c) El Camino Real.
(d) Plata del Mundo.
2. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
(a) She warns Lupe not to go too near the mines.
(b) She cautions Lupe to stay away from the main roads.
(c) She cautions Lupe to not leave their hiding place.
(d) She warns Lupe not to like the Colonel too much.
3. What does the Colonel give to Lupe to give to her teacher?
(a) A small box.
(b) A card.
(c) An apple.
(d) A book.
4. Which of Dona Guadalupe's daughters does Don Tiburcio seek to marry?
5. What is the name of the young man who is hired by Don Benito to help move rocks and earth from the gold find?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does the Mexican Revolution start?
2. Who is congratulated by the midwife for her assistance during Socorro's delivery?
3. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
4. Who makes fun of Lupe in front of the whole class on her first day at school?
5. How is the time of day described when Socorro is giving birth?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)