|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the second owner sell the mine to?
(a) The Mexican Federales.
(b) Espirito's grandchildren.
(c) A large American mining company.
(d) A British oil company.
2. What does Dona Guadalupe offer to make for Don Benito?
(d) A rug.
3. Where does Lupe go to school?
(a) At the Universidad.
(b) The American compound near the mine.
(c) The small school in the next town.
(d) At her neighbors, Tia Juanita's.
4. Who is congratulated by the midwife for her assistance during Socorro's delivery?
(c) Dona Guadalupe.
5. What is Espirito offered for the golden rocks in the springs?
(a) A large ranch of his own.
(b) One million dollars.
(c) All the clothes and food his people could need.
(d) Ten percent of the gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lupe find near the altar that she has made for Colonel Maytorena?
2. What does the midwife say about the pain tolerance of men?
3. What is the name of the town midwife?
4. Where does Don Victor go in search of work?
5. Why does the first owner sell the spring?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)