|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Don Juan?
(a) Dona Guadalupe's brother.
(b) The teacher.
(c) Colonel Maytorena's boss.
(d) The mayor of the town.
2. What favor does Senora Munoz ask of Lupe at school one day?
(a) To hide a small box at her house.
(b) To bring her a little cheese each day.
(c) To not tell anyone she is leaving soon.
(d) To take a letter to Victoriano for her.
3. Who does the second owner sell the mine to?
(a) The Mexican Federales.
(b) Espirito's grandchildren.
(c) A British oil company.
(d) A large American mining company.
4. Why are the animals howling and calling out while Socorro is giving birth?
(a) They are responding to her screams.
(b) They can hear the Federales approaching.
(c) They sense the impending doom coming.
(d) It is feeding time and they are hungry.
5. What does the midwife say about the pain tolerance of men?
(a) That men have a much higher pain tolerance then women.
(b) That men cannot stand pain as women can.
(c) That men feel no pain whatsoever.
(d) That the only pain men feel is the pain of love.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the funeral celebration for Don Benito, who announces that they are getting married?
2. What one item of Colonel Maytorena's clothing does Lupe rescue from being discarded?
3. What is the name of the town midwife?
4. What does Dona Guadalupe offer to make for Don Benito?
5. What does Dona Guadalupe want to do with her share of the gold that they have found?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)