|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
(a) She warns Lupe not to go too near the mines.
(b) She cautions Lupe to stay away from the main roads.
(c) She warns Lupe not to like the Colonel too much.
(d) She cautions Lupe to not leave their hiding place.
2. Where do Dona Guadalupe and her children hide when the army horsemen come through their canyon?
(a) A cave under the large boulder.
(b) In the mine.
(c) On a high cliff in the canyon.
(d) A secret basement in their small house.
3. Where does Lupe go to school?
(a) The small school in the next town.
(b) At her neighbors, Tia Juanita's.
(c) The American compound near the mine.
(d) At the Universidad.
4. What does Dona Guadalupe offer to make for Don Benito?
(a) A rug.
5. What is the one condition that Espirito and his people put on the spring when they sell it?
(a) They must pay taxes to the community to live there.
(b) They are only allowed to stay for six months out of the year.
(c) They must not impose on the community.
(d) No digging allowed, they can only take rocks at the surface.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the day they are scheduled to blast the location where they located their gold, what does Victoriano forget and have to go back home to retrieve?
2. Who is having trouble keeping the secret that they have discovered gold?
3. Who is congratulated by the midwife for her assistance during Socorro's delivery?
4. Who is Don Juan?
5. Why does Socorro throw out all of her husband's clothing?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)