|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one condition that Espirito and his people put on the spring when they sell it?
(a) No digging allowed, they can only take rocks at the surface.
(b) They must pay taxes to the community to live there.
(c) They are only allowed to stay for six months out of the year.
(d) They must not impose on the community.
2. At the funeral celebration for Don Benito, who announces that they are getting married?
(a) Domingo and Luisa.
(b) Scott and Carmen.
(c) Marco and Sophia.
(d) Lydia and Victoriano.
3. Where do Dona Guadalupe and her children hide when the army horsemen come through their canyon?
(a) On a high cliff in the canyon.
(b) In the mine.
(c) A secret basement in their small house.
(d) A cave under the large boulder.
4. Why do the poor Mexicans think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
(a) He is here to bring salvation to the small village.
(b) He is an old war hero and is revered across the valley.
(c) Because he is fighting on the side of the revolution.
(d) He stood up to the American miners to make their working conditions better.
5. What one item of Colonel Maytorena's clothing does Lupe rescue from being discarded?
(a) His gray coat.
(b) His black gloves.
(c) His blue hat.
(d) His white shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does the Mexican Revolution start?
2. Who is Don Juan?
3. What does the Colonel give to Lupe to give to her teacher?
4. Which of Dona Guadalupe's daughters does Don Tiburcio seek to marry?
5. What is Espirito searching for in Chapter 1?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)