|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the poor Mexicans think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
(a) He stood up to the American miners to make their working conditions better.
(b) He is an old war hero and is revered across the valley.
(c) He is here to bring salvation to the small village.
(d) Because he is fighting on the side of the revolution.
2. What is the name of Colonel Maytorena's wife?
3. How is the time of day described when Socorro is giving birth?
(a) It is a dark night with no moon or stars for light.
(b) The sun is blazing in the sky.
(c) The rain is storming outside.
(d) There is a full moon.
4. Who makes fun of Lupe in front of the whole class on her first day at school?
5. Why is La Liebre upset with Dona Guadalupe and her family?
(a) Dona Guadalupe tried to take the gold from his land.
(b) Victoriano tried to marry the woman he loves.
(c) Dona Guadalupe caused his horse to break its leg.
(d) Because they are friends of Colonel Maytorena.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is having trouble keeping the secret that they have discovered gold?
2. What is the name of the town midwife?
3. Who are the two sides involved in the great war that is occurring in the valley?
4. What is the one condition that Espirito and his people put on the spring when they sell it?
5. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)