|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the time of day described when Socorro is giving birth?
(a) There is a full moon.
(b) The rain is storming outside.
(c) The sun is blazing in the sky.
(d) It is a dark night with no moon or stars for light.
2. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
(a) She warns Lupe not to go too near the mines.
(b) She cautions Lupe to not leave their hiding place.
(c) She warns Lupe not to like the Colonel too much.
(d) She cautions Lupe to stay away from the main roads.
3. Why does the first owner sell the spring?
(a) The war makes it too dangerous.
(b) He does not sell it. It is stolen.
(c) He has to move back to his home country.
(d) The nuggets are depleted.
4. Who makes fun of Lupe in front of the whole class on her first day at school?
5. Who is congratulated by the midwife for her assistance during Socorro's delivery?
(b) Dona Guadalupe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Espirito offered for the golden rocks in the springs?
2. Why do the poor Mexicans think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
3. Who is having trouble keeping the secret that they have discovered gold?
4. Who does Don Benito fall in love with while in town?
5. What is Colonel Maytorena's job while in Lupe's town?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)