|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many babies does Socorro give birth to?
2. How do Dona Guadalupe and her children make money?
(a) By selling fruit in town.
(b) By selling their portion of the mine.
(c) By feeding the miners.
(d) By housing the miners.
3. How is the time of day described when Socorro is giving birth?
(a) The sun is blazing in the sky.
(b) The rain is storming outside.
(c) It is a dark night with no moon or stars for light.
(d) There is a full moon.
4. Where do Dona Guadalupe and her children hide when the army horsemen come through their canyon?
(a) A cave under the large boulder.
(b) On a high cliff in the canyon.
(c) A secret basement in their small house.
(d) In the mine.
5. What does the midwife say about the pain tolerance of men?
(a) That the only pain men feel is the pain of love.
(b) That men feel no pain whatsoever.
(c) That men have a much higher pain tolerance then women.
(d) That men cannot stand pain as women can.
Short Answer Questions
1. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
2. What is Espirito offered for the golden rocks in the springs?
3. Who makes fun of Lupe in front of the whole class on her first day at school?
4. What is Colonel Maytorena's job while in Lupe's town?
5. Where does Lupe go to school?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)