|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Espirito searching for in Chapter 1?
(a) A place to hunt.
(b) His sister.
(c) Drinkable water.
2. Why does the first owner sell the spring?
(a) He does not sell it. It is stolen.
(b) The war makes it too dangerous.
(c) He has to move back to his home country.
(d) The nuggets are depleted.
3. How do Dona Guadalupe and her children make money?
(a) By selling fruit in town.
(b) By housing the miners.
(c) By selling their portion of the mine.
(d) By feeding the miners.
4. Who does Don Benito feel that he needs to impress in Chapter 3?
(a) Colonel Maytorena.
(c) Don Manuel.
(d) Dona Guadalupe.
5. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
(a) To make it seem like it came from the river.
(b) Because it is more ore than gold.
(c) Because that is what you are supposed to do to gold ore.
(d) To make it seem like they have more.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the midwife say about the pain tolerance of men?
2. What is the name of the town midwife?
3. Where does Don Victor go in search of work?
4. What year does the Mexican Revolution start?
5. Who is the mayor's eldest daughter?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)