|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Don Juan?
(a) The mayor of the town.
(b) The teacher.
(c) Colonel Maytorena's boss.
(d) Dona Guadalupe's brother.
2. Where does Lupe go to school?
(a) At her neighbors, Tia Juanita's.
(b) The small school in the next town.
(c) The American compound near the mine.
(d) At the Universidad.
3. What is Colonel Maytorena's job while in Lupe's town?
(a) He is in charge of the mine for the American company.
(b) He is in charge of building a road out of the valley.
(c) He is there to become the next mayor of the town.
(d) He is stationed to oversee the military presence in the valley.
4. What does the midwife say about the pain tolerance of men?
(a) That men cannot stand pain as women can.
(b) That the only pain men feel is the pain of love.
(c) That men have a much higher pain tolerance then women.
(d) That men feel no pain whatsoever.
5. Where does Don Victor go in search of work?
(a) The lowlands.
(b) Baja California.
(c) The seashore.
(d) El Paso.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the mayor's eldest daughter?
2. Why do the poor Mexicans think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
3. Who makes fun of Lupe in front of the whole class on her first day at school?
4. Who is congratulated by the midwife for her assistance during Socorro's delivery?
5. What is the one condition that Espirito and his people put on the spring when they sell it?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)