|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lupe go to school?
(a) The small school in the next town.
(b) The American compound near the mine.
(c) At her neighbors, Tia Juanita's.
(d) At the Universidad.
2. What does the Colonel give to Lupe to give to her teacher?
(a) An apple.
(b) A card.
(c) A small box.
(d) A book.
3. What has the mine been named?
(a) Plata del Mundo.
(b) La Lluvia de Oro.
(c) El Camino Real.
(d) El Rio Urique.
4. Where does Don Victor go in search of work?
(a) The lowlands.
(b) Baja California.
(c) El Paso.
(d) The seashore.
5. What does the midwife say about the pain tolerance of men?
(a) That men have a much higher pain tolerance then women.
(b) That the only pain men feel is the pain of love.
(c) That men cannot stand pain as women can.
(d) That men feel no pain whatsoever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Espirito offered for the golden rocks in the springs?
2. What is the one condition that Espirito and his people put on the spring when they sell it?
3. Who does Don Benito feel that he needs to impress in Chapter 3?
4. Where do Dona Guadalupe and her children hide when the army horsemen come through their canyon?
5. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)