|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
(a) She warns Lupe not to go too near the mines.
(b) She cautions Lupe to not leave their hiding place.
(c) She warns Lupe not to like the Colonel too much.
(d) She cautions Lupe to stay away from the main roads.
2. Why do the poor Mexicans think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
(a) He stood up to the American miners to make their working conditions better.
(b) He is an old war hero and is revered across the valley.
(c) He is here to bring salvation to the small village.
(d) Because he is fighting on the side of the revolution.
3. Who is the mayor's eldest daughter?
4. Why does the first owner sell the spring?
(a) The nuggets are depleted.
(b) The war makes it too dangerous.
(c) He has to move back to his home country.
(d) He does not sell it. It is stolen.
5. Who is having trouble keeping the secret that they have discovered gold?
(a) Don Victor.
(b) Lupe and Victoriano.
(c) Victoriano and Don Benito.
(d) Dona Guadalupe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Don Victor go in search of work?
2. Where does Lupe go to school?
3. What is Espirito searching for in Chapter 1?
4. What year does the Mexican Revolution start?
5. What is Colonel Maytorena's job while in Lupe's town?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)