|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one condition that Espirito and his people put on the spring when they sell it?
(a) No digging allowed, they can only take rocks at the surface.
(b) They must pay taxes to the community to live there.
(c) They are only allowed to stay for six months out of the year.
(d) They must not impose on the community.
2. Who is Don Juan?
(a) The teacher.
(b) Colonel Maytorena's boss.
(c) Dona Guadalupe's brother.
(d) The mayor of the town.
3. Why do the poor Mexicans think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
(a) He is here to bring salvation to the small village.
(b) He is an old war hero and is revered across the valley.
(c) He stood up to the American miners to make their working conditions better.
(d) Because he is fighting on the side of the revolution.
4. How do Dona Guadalupe and her children make money?
(a) By selling fruit in town.
(b) By selling their portion of the mine.
(c) By housing the miners.
(d) By feeding the miners.
5. How many babies does Socorro give birth to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the animals howling and calling out while Socorro is giving birth?
2. Who does Don Benito fall in love with while in town?
3. What is Espirito offered for the golden rocks in the springs?
4. What is the name of the town midwife?
5. Why does the first owner sell the spring?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)