|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes fun of Lupe in front of the whole class on her first day at school?
2. How is the time of day described when Socorro is giving birth?
(a) There is a full moon.
(b) The sun is blazing in the sky.
(c) It is a dark night with no moon or stars for light.
(d) The rain is storming outside.
3. What does the midwife say about the pain tolerance of men?
(a) That men cannot stand pain as women can.
(b) That men have a much higher pain tolerance then women.
(c) That the only pain men feel is the pain of love.
(d) That men feel no pain whatsoever.
4. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
(a) She warns Lupe not to like the Colonel too much.
(b) She warns Lupe not to go too near the mines.
(c) She cautions Lupe to stay away from the main roads.
(d) She cautions Lupe to not leave their hiding place.
5. Who does Don Benito feel that he needs to impress in Chapter 3?
(a) Don Manuel.
(b) Colonel Maytorena.
(c) Dona Guadalupe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Colonel give to Lupe to give to her teacher?
2. Why are the animals howling and calling out while Socorro is giving birth?
3. Who does Don Benito fall in love with while in town?
4. What does Dona Guadalupe offer to make for Don Benito?
5. How many babies does Socorro give birth to?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)