|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Colonel Maytorena's job while in Lupe's town?
(a) He is there to become the next mayor of the town.
(b) He is in charge of the mine for the American company.
(c) He is stationed to oversee the military presence in the valley.
(d) He is in charge of building a road out of the valley.
2. What has the mine been named?
(a) La Lluvia de Oro.
(b) Plata del Mundo.
(c) El Camino Real.
(d) El Rio Urique.
3. Who does the second owner sell the mine to?
(a) Espirito's grandchildren.
(b) A large American mining company.
(c) A British oil company.
(d) The Mexican Federales.
4. Where does Lupe go to school?
(a) The American compound near the mine.
(b) At her neighbors, Tia Juanita's.
(c) The small school in the next town.
(d) At the Universidad.
5. What does Dona Guadalupe offer to make for Don Benito?
(a) A rug.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the poor Mexicans think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
2. How is the time of day described when Socorro is giving birth?
3. Why are the animals howling and calling out while Socorro is giving birth?
4. How do Dona Guadalupe and her children make money?
5. Who makes fun of Lupe in front of the whole class on her first day at school?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)