|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is having trouble keeping the secret that they have discovered gold?
(a) Victoriano and Don Benito.
(b) Dona Guadalupe.
(c) Don Victor.
(d) Lupe and Victoriano.
2. What is the name of Colonel Maytorena's wife?
3. Why does the first owner sell the spring?
(a) The nuggets are depleted.
(b) The war makes it too dangerous.
(c) He does not sell it. It is stolen.
(d) He has to move back to his home country.
4. What is Colonel Maytorena's job while in Lupe's town?
(a) He is in charge of building a road out of the valley.
(b) He is stationed to oversee the military presence in the valley.
(c) He is there to become the next mayor of the town.
(d) He is in charge of the mine for the American company.
5. Why do the poor Mexicans think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
(a) Because he is fighting on the side of the revolution.
(b) He is an old war hero and is revered across the valley.
(c) He stood up to the American miners to make their working conditions better.
(d) He is here to bring salvation to the small village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes fun of Lupe in front of the whole class on her first day at school?
2. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
3. What has the mine been named?
4. Who does Don Benito feel that he needs to impress in Chapter 3?
5. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)