|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the first owner sell the spring?
(a) The war makes it too dangerous.
(b) The nuggets are depleted.
(c) He does not sell it. It is stolen.
(d) He has to move back to his home country.
2. What is Espirito searching for in Chapter 1?
(a) A place to hunt.
(b) Drinkable water.
(c) His sister.
3. Where does Lupe go to school?
(a) At the Universidad.
(b) The small school in the next town.
(c) The American compound near the mine.
(d) At her neighbors, Tia Juanita's.
4. What is the one condition that Espirito and his people put on the spring when they sell it?
(a) They must pay taxes to the community to live there.
(b) They must not impose on the community.
(c) They are only allowed to stay for six months out of the year.
(d) No digging allowed, they can only take rocks at the surface.
5. What year does the Mexican Revolution start?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
2. Who does Don Benito feel that he needs to impress in Chapter 3?
3. Where does Don Victor go in search of work?
4. What has the mine been named?
5. How many babies does Socorro give birth to?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)