|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
(a) To make it seem like they have more.
(b) To make it seem like it came from the river.
(c) Because that is what you are supposed to do to gold ore.
(d) Because it is more ore than gold.
2. Where does Lupe go to school?
(a) At the Universidad.
(b) At her neighbors, Tia Juanita's.
(c) The American compound near the mine.
(d) The small school in the next town.
3. Why do the poor Mexicans think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
(a) He is an old war hero and is revered across the valley.
(b) He stood up to the American miners to make their working conditions better.
(c) Because he is fighting on the side of the revolution.
(d) He is here to bring salvation to the small village.
4. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
(a) She warns Lupe not to go too near the mines.
(b) She cautions Lupe to not leave their hiding place.
(c) She cautions Lupe to stay away from the main roads.
(d) She warns Lupe not to like the Colonel too much.
5. What does the Colonel give to Lupe to give to her teacher?
(a) A card.
(b) An apple.
(c) A book.
(d) A small box.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does the Mexican Revolution start?
2. What is Espirito offered for the golden rocks in the springs?
3. What is the name of Colonel Maytorena's wife?
4. Who makes fun of Lupe in front of the whole class on her first day at school?
5. Where do Dona Guadalupe and her children hide when the army horsemen come through their canyon?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)