|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the second owner sell the mine to?
(a) Espirito's grandchildren.
(b) A large American mining company.
(c) The Mexican Federales.
(d) A British oil company.
2. Why are the animals howling and calling out while Socorro is giving birth?
(a) They can hear the Federales approaching.
(b) It is feeding time and they are hungry.
(c) They are responding to her screams.
(d) They sense the impending doom coming.
3. What year does the Mexican Revolution start?
4. What does the Colonel give to Lupe to give to her teacher?
(a) An apple.
(b) A small box.
(c) A card.
(d) A book.
5. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
(a) Because that is what you are supposed to do to gold ore.
(b) Because it is more ore than gold.
(c) To make it seem like it came from the river.
(d) To make it seem like they have more.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town midwife?
2. Who is the mayor's eldest daughter?
3. What is Colonel Maytorena's job while in Lupe's town?
4. Who is having trouble keeping the secret that they have discovered gold?
5. Who is Don Juan?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)