Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one condition that Dona Guadalupe sets on the acceptance of Salvador's proposal?
(a) He must take and care for liliies that came from her homeland.
(b) He and Lupe must not ever move back to Mexico.
(c) He must promise not to move away from Lupe's family.
(d) He must never get into trouble or hurt her daughter.
2. In what city is Archie's gambling hall located?
(c) San Diego.
(d) Los Angeles.
3. Why is Lupe embarrassed to drive a car in front of the other workers at the apricot fields?
(a) Because she is embarrased of the old car she would have to drive.
(b) Because she is very shy and does not like people looking at her.
(c) Because she is a really bad driver.
(d) Because women are generally not allowed to drive cars.
4. What town does Don Victor tell Guadalupe about and convince her to go with him?
(a) La Lluvia de Oro.
(c) Rancho Cucamonga.
(d) El Paso.
5. Many years after the new community is settled, how does the revolution affect this small community?
(a) Their community becomes a base camp for the Federales.
(b) The community becomes rich because of the revolution.
(c) Their community is raided and their livestock stolen.
(d) The revolution does not really affect their community.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan make his nephews do to teach them a lesson for their misbehavior toward their teacher?
2. How long does Don Victor tell the priest and Salvador it will be before he gives them an answer regarding the proposal to Lupe?
3. Who arrives at Dona Margarita's house and is mistaken for her husband?
4. What is the name of the young man who is hired by Don Benito to help move rocks and earth from the gold find?
5. What does Dona Guadalupe offer to make for Don Benito?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)