Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Lupe's sisters organizes a strike so that women can get paid for the work they do?
2. What news does Don Victor bring back from the lowlands about his daughter Sophia?
(a) Sophia is on the train on her way to Texas.
(b) Sophia changed her mind and is going to Juarez.
(c) Sophia has made it safely to the U.S.
(d) Sophia's ship to the U.S. has sunk in the sea.
3. Why has Al come from Italy to the United States?
(a) For religious freedom.
(b) To join the family restaurant.
(c) To join the mob in America.
(d) To oversee the making of fine liquor.
4. What is the reaction of Juan Salvador and his family upon seeing El Paso?
(a) They are so tired they do not realize they are there.
(b) They are disappointed.
(c) They are overjoyed.
(d) They cry because they are so happy.
5. Why are the people in the village leaving to find work in other areas?
(a) Because a new, larger mine is opening up in another city.
(b) Because the Americans shut down the mine.
(c) Because they are sick of working for the Americans.
(d) Because the war is coming to their village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Juan agree to confess to a murder he did not commit?
2. Why are Lupe and her sisters refused pay when they are working in the fields?
3. What is the name of the attorney that Juan befriends?
4. What does the midwife say about the pain tolerance of men?
5. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)