Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, The Crying Tree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Juan heads back to Juarez, how does the city look?
(a) The city looks beautiful and colorful.
(b) The city looks like it is burning.
(c) The city looks as though there is a celebration happening.
(d) The city looks dark and lifeless.
2. What type of land are Don Castro and his companions looking for to start their new community?
(a) Land with gold to be mined.
(b) Coastal land.
(d) Fertile land.
3. Where do Juan and his sisters find seeds for their dinner while trying to walk to the U.S.?
(a) In the horse corral.
(b) In horse manure.
(c) In small holes in the earth.
(d) In cacti.
4. What is the name of the young man who is hired by Don Benito to help move rocks and earth from the gold find?
5. Who is having trouble keeping the secret that they have discovered gold?
(a) Don Victor.
(b) Lupe and Victoriano.
(c) Victoriano and Don Benito.
(d) Dona Guadalupe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Juan Salvador Villasenor traveling with his family in Chapter 8?
2. What does Juan realize as he goes to carry the wood back to the city?
3. What do Epitacio and Juan see across the Rio Grande?
4. Who makes fun of Lupe in front of the whole class on her first day at school?
5. Where do Dona Guadalupe and her children hide when the army horsemen come through their canyon?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)