|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who misses the train to America with Juan?
(d) No one, he is all alone.
2. Why are the people in the village leaving to find work in other areas?
(a) Because the Americans shut down the mine.
(b) Because they are sick of working for the Americans.
(c) Because a new, larger mine is opening up in another city.
(d) Because the war is coming to their village.
3. Many years after the new community is settled, how does the revolution affect this small community?
(a) The community becomes rich because of the revolution.
(b) Their community is raided and their livestock stolen.
(c) Their community becomes a base camp for the Federales.
(d) The revolution does not really affect their community.
4. What does the midwife say about the pain tolerance of men?
(a) That men feel no pain whatsoever.
(b) That the only pain men feel is the pain of love.
(c) That men cannot stand pain as women can.
(d) That men have a much higher pain tolerance then women.
5. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
(a) Because that is what you are supposed to do to gold ore.
(b) To make it seem like it came from the river.
(c) Because it is more ore than gold.
(d) To make it seem like they have more.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which powerful person is killed by Victoriano?
2. What family pet does Dona Margarita have to kill for food?
3. Where is Juan Salvador Villasenor traveling with his family in Chapter 8?
4. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
5. How do Dona Guadalupe and her children make money?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)