|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lupe find near the altar that she has made for Colonel Maytorena?
(a) A small fawn.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A letter from the Colonel.
(d) A small clump of gold ore.
2. Why are the animals howling and calling out while Socorro is giving birth?
(a) They sense the impending doom coming.
(b) They can hear the Federales approaching.
(c) They are responding to her screams.
(d) It is feeding time and they are hungry.
3. What does Dona Guadalupe want to do with her share of the gold that they have found?
(a) She wants to make sure her children go to college.
(b) She wants to move her family to the United States.
(c) She wants to find a nice house in Mexico City.
(d) She wants to buy a ranchero in the country.
4. What is Colonel Maytorena's job while in Lupe's town?
(a) He is stationed to oversee the military presence in the valley.
(b) He is there to become the next mayor of the town.
(c) He is in charge of building a road out of the valley.
(d) He is in charge of the mine for the American company.
5. Why do the poor Mexicans think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
(a) He is here to bring salvation to the small village.
(b) He is an old war hero and is revered across the valley.
(c) He stood up to the American miners to make their working conditions better.
(d) Because he is fighting on the side of the revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many babies does Socorro give birth to?
2. What one item of Colonel Maytorena's clothing does Lupe rescue from being discarded?
3. On the day they are scheduled to blast the location where they located their gold, what does Victoriano forget and have to go back home to retrieve?
4. Where does Don Victor go in search of work?
5. Why does the first owner sell the spring?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)