|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the midwife say about the pain tolerance of men?
(a) That men feel no pain whatsoever.
(b) That the only pain men feel is the pain of love.
(c) That men cannot stand pain as women can.
(d) That men have a much higher pain tolerance then women.
2. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
(a) Because it is more ore than gold.
(b) Because that is what you are supposed to do to gold ore.
(c) To make it seem like it came from the river.
(d) To make it seem like they have more.
3. Who is having trouble keeping the secret that they have discovered gold?
(a) Lupe and Victoriano.
(b) Don Victor.
(c) Victoriano and Don Benito.
(d) Dona Guadalupe.
4. Why do the poor Mexicans think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
(a) Because he is fighting on the side of the revolution.
(b) He stood up to the American miners to make their working conditions better.
(c) He is an old war hero and is revered across the valley.
(d) He is here to bring salvation to the small village.
5. What has the mine been named?
(a) La Lluvia de Oro.
(b) El Camino Real.
(c) Plata del Mundo.
(d) El Rio Urique.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Don Benito feel that he needs to impress in Chapter 3?
2. Why are the animals howling and calling out while Socorro is giving birth?
3. What does Dona Guadalupe offer to make for Don Benito?
4. Why does the first owner sell the spring?
5. Who does the second owner sell the mine to?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)