|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What favor does Senora Munoz ask of Lupe at school one day?
(a) To hide a small box at her house.
(b) To not tell anyone she is leaving soon.
(c) To take a letter to Victoriano for her.
(d) To bring her a little cheese each day.
2. When the Mexicans demand better working conditions at the rock quarry, what do they get?
(a) A new whistle and longer breaks.
(b) They get nothing at all and are fired.
(c) A new whistle and nothing more.
(d) Paid vacation.
3. What does the midwife say about the pain tolerance of men?
(a) That men feel no pain whatsoever.
(b) That the only pain men feel is the pain of love.
(c) That men cannot stand pain as women can.
(d) That men have a much higher pain tolerance then women.
4. Many years after the new community is settled, how does the revolution affect this small community?
(a) The revolution does not really affect their community.
(b) Their community becomes a base camp for the Federales.
(c) Their community is raided and their livestock stolen.
(d) The community becomes rich because of the revolution.
5. Why does Juan agree to confess to a murder he did not commit?
(a) Because his life is threatened if he does not.
(b) Because they promise not to give him a life sentence.
(c) Because his mother will get $500 if he does.
(d) Because jail is easier then life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Victor tell Lupe that makes her resent him?
2. Victoriano is badly beaten after trying to defend what from the bandits?
3. Where does Juan go to find the two men that stole his money and cut his face when he first arrives in Los Angeles?
4. Where does Dona Margarita decide to go in order to find her son Domingo?
5. What happens the day after Epitacio gambles away his paycheck?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)