|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Victor give to Don Manuel to help him through the wedding ceremony?
(a) A tamale.
(b) A glass of Tequila.
(c) A glass of wine.
(d) Some bread and fish.
2. What has the mine been named?
(a) Plata del Mundo.
(b) El Rio Urique.
(c) El Camino Real.
(d) La Lluvia de Oro.
3. What is Don Tiburcio's dying request to his wife?
(a) He asks her to burn down their house and leave.
(b) He asks her to make sure she never remarries.
(c) He asks her to clean the fireplace and then leave.
(d) He asks her to bury him next to his mother.
4. Who is the young man who asks to walk Lupe home from the library and carry her books?
5. When the Gomez family arrives in California, what do they learn about their daughter Sophia?
(a) She is alive and is in Montana.
(b) She is alive and living in California.
(c) She made it to California but died soon after.
(d) She did die at sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of land are Don Castro and his companions looking for to start their new community?
2. What special gift has Don Victor brought for Sophia to wear in her wedding?
3. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
4. Why are the animals howling and calling out while Socorro is giving birth?
5. What favor does Senora Munoz ask of Lupe at school one day?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)