|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city is Archie's gambling hall located?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) San Diego.
2. As Juan heads back to Juarez, how does the city look?
(a) The city looks like it is burning.
(b) The city looks dark and lifeless.
(c) The city looks as though there is a celebration happening.
(d) The city looks beautiful and colorful.
3. What has the mine been named?
(a) Plata del Mundo.
(b) El Camino Real.
(c) La Lluvia de Oro.
(d) El Rio Urique.
4. What type of land are Don Castro and his companions looking for to start their new community?
(a) Coastal land.
(b) Fertile land.
(c) Land with gold to be mined.
5. Why does Juan agree to confess to a murder he did not commit?
(a) Because his life is threatened if he does not.
(b) Because jail is easier then life.
(c) Because his mother will get $500 if he does.
(d) Because they promise not to give him a life sentence.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Gomez family arrives in California, what do they learn about their daughter Sophia?
2. What gift does Father Ryan thank Dona Margarita's son for?
3. Who goes with Don Castro to start a new community?
4. What is the name of the mine where Juan and Epitacio work in Arizona?
5. Why is Lupe embarrassed to drive a car in front of the other workers at the apricot fields?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)