|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dona Guadalupe tell Juan about her daughters?
(a) They do not ever want to be married.
(b) They are all already married or engaged.
(c) None of them like Juan at all.
(d) They will never be able to marry a man who gambles or drinks.
2. Who does Don Benito fall in love with while in town?
3. Where do Dona Guadalupe and her children hide when the army horsemen come through their canyon?
(a) On a high cliff in the canyon.
(b) A cave under the large boulder.
(c) A secret basement in their small house.
(d) In the mine.
4. What does the midwife say about the pain tolerance of men?
(a) That the only pain men feel is the pain of love.
(b) That men cannot stand pain as women can.
(c) That men feel no pain whatsoever.
(d) That men have a much higher pain tolerance then women.
5. Why is Lupe embarrassed to drive a car in front of the other workers at the apricot fields?
(a) Because she is a really bad driver.
(b) Because she is very shy and does not like people looking at her.
(c) Because women are generally not allowed to drive cars.
(d) Because she is embarrased of the old car she would have to drive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mark's uncle offer Lupe?
2. When Lupe and her family finally find Don Manuel in California, what does he do for them?
3. Why are Juan and Epitacio thrown into jail?
4. What does Don Victor give to Don Manuel to help him through the wedding ceremony?
5. Who arrives at Dona Margarita's house and is mistaken for her husband?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)