|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dona Guadalupe tell Juan about her daughters?
(a) They are all already married or engaged.
(b) They will never be able to marry a man who gambles or drinks.
(c) None of them like Juan at all.
(d) They do not ever want to be married.
2. What is Dona Margarita doing when Salvador finds her to tell her about his engagement?
(a) Already out shopping for wedding supplies.
(c) Smoking, drinking, and reading the bible.
(d) Cooking a large meal for the neighbors.
3. What favor does Senora Munoz ask of Lupe at school one day?
(a) To not tell anyone she is leaving soon.
(b) To take a letter to Victoriano for her.
(c) To hide a small box at her house.
(d) To bring her a little cheese each day.
4. As Juan heads back to Juarez, how does the city look?
(a) The city looks as though there is a celebration happening.
(b) The city looks like it is burning.
(c) The city looks beautiful and colorful.
(d) The city looks dark and lifeless.
5. What special gift has Don Victor brought for Sophia to wear in her wedding?
(a) A large hat.
(b) A beautiful veil.
(c) Brand new stockings.
(d) Lace for her dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the poor Mexicans think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
2. Where is Juan Salvador Villasenor traveling with his family in Chapter 8?
3. What does Mark's uncle offer Lupe?
4. How do Dona Guadalupe and her children make money?
5. What has Salvador told Lupe's family is his business?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)