|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juan use to bundle up the firewood he has collected?
(a) A small string.
(b) His belt.
(c) A long palm leaf.
(d) Dried out long grass.
2. What is the name of the mine where Juan and Epitacio work in Arizona?
(a) Copper Queen Mine.
(b) Rio Grande River Mine.
(c) Douglas City Mine.
(d) Silver Creek Mine.
3. What type of land are Don Castro and his companions looking for to start their new community?
(a) Land with gold to be mined.
(c) Coastal land.
(d) Fertile land.
4. What dream do Lupe and Juan share?
(a) They both want to be free, never having to marry or settle down.
(b) They would like both to return to Mexico and start a family.
(c) That their children be educated, not having to bow to anyone.
(d) They both have a dream to travel the world and leave the U.S. behind.
5. When the Gomez family arrives in California, what do they learn about their daughter Sophia?
(a) She is alive and is in Montana.
(b) She did die at sea.
(c) She is alive and living in California.
(d) She made it to California but died soon after.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is having trouble keeping the secret that they have discovered gold?
2. When Lupe first sees Don Victor coming towards the village, what does she think he is?
3. How many men start the new community with Don Castro?
4. What does Lupe tell her mother about her feelings toward Salvador?
5. What does Don Victor give to Don Manuel to help him through the wedding ceremony?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)