|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the animals howling and calling out while Socorro is giving birth?
(a) They are responding to her screams.
(b) They sense the impending doom coming.
(c) It is feeding time and they are hungry.
(d) They can hear the Federales approaching.
2. How long does Don Victor believe it will take his family to gather enough gold to buy their way to the U.S.?
(a) About a year.
(b) Nine months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two and a half years.
3. Why are Juan and Epitacio thrown into jail?
(a) Because they stole food for their families.
(b) For underage gambling.
(c) Because they did not show up to work.
(d) For stealing and selling copper ore.
4. Why does Socorro throw out all of her husband's clothing?
(a) She is going to buy him all new clothes for his return.
(b) She needs to move and cannot take them all with her.
(c) She is angry and wants to say good-bye to him forever.
(d) She recognizes that she should donate them to others.
5. What special gift has Don Victor brought for Sophia to wear in her wedding?
(a) A large hat.
(b) Lace for her dress.
(c) A beautiful veil.
(d) Brand new stockings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Don Tiburcio's dying request to his wife?
2. When Lupe first sees Don Victor coming towards the village, what does she think he is?
3. When Juan escapes from prison, which state does he eventually end up in?
4. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
5. What excuse does Epitacio give Juan for leaving him back in Douglas, Arizona when they were younger?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)