|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Mexicans demand better working conditions at the rock quarry, what do they get?
(a) A new whistle and nothing more.
(b) A new whistle and longer breaks.
(c) Paid vacation.
(d) They get nothing at all and are fired.
2. Who arrives at Dona Margarita's house and is mistaken for her husband?
3. Why are Juan and Epitacio thrown into jail?
(a) For stealing and selling copper ore.
(b) Because they stole food for their families.
(c) For underage gambling.
(d) Because they did not show up to work.
4. How is the time of day described when Socorro is giving birth?
(a) It is a dark night with no moon or stars for light.
(b) The rain is storming outside.
(c) There is a full moon.
(d) The sun is blazing in the sky.
5. When Lupe first sees Juan, what is it about him that disgusts her?
(a) Seeing that he has a pistol.
(b) His horrible attitude.
(c) The large wound on his face.
(d) How dirty he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the mine where Juan and Epitacio work in Arizona?
2. What dream do Lupe and Juan share?
3. Why is Juan trying to sell firewood?
4. Why does Juan sneak back into the U.S. just days after he has left to return to Mexico?
5. What type of land are Don Castro and his companions looking for to start their new community?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)