|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of his daughters accompanies Don Victor back to the lowlands?
2. Why does Juan agree to confess to a murder he did not commit?
(a) Because his mother will get $500 if he does.
(b) Because his life is threatened if he does not.
(c) Because jail is easier then life.
(d) Because they promise not to give him a life sentence.
3. What has the mine been named?
(a) Plata del Mundo.
(b) El Camino Real.
(c) La Lluvia de Oro.
(d) El Rio Urique.
4. What is Lupe's initial reaction when she learns of Mark's strong desire to marry her?
(a) She is nice but not interested,
(b) She is distressed and confused.
(c) She realizes that Mark disgusts her.
(d) She is so excited.
5. When Juan escapes from prison, which state does he eventually end up in?
(d) North Dakota.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of land are Don Castro and his companions looking for to start their new community?
2. What do the villagers do as a result of the revolution on their small community?
3. What one item of Colonel Maytorena's clothing does Lupe rescue from being discarded?
4. Who arrives at Dona Margarita's house and is mistaken for her husband?
5. Where does Juan go to find the two men that stole his money and cut his face when he first arrives in Los Angeles?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)