|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, The Hand of God.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of land are Don Castro and his companions looking for to start their new community?
(b) Land with gold to be mined.
(c) Coastal land.
(d) Fertile land.
2. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
(a) To make it seem like they have more.
(b) To make it seem like it came from the river.
(c) Because that is what you are supposed to do to gold ore.
(d) Because it is more ore than gold.
3. How do Dona Guadalupe and her children make money?
(a) By feeding the miners.
(b) By housing the miners.
(c) By selling their portion of the mine.
(d) By selling fruit in town.
4. Who is the mayor's eldest daughter?
5. Which of Dona Guadalupe's daughters does Don Tiburcio seek to marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Many years after the new community is settled, how does the revolution affect this small community?
2. Who is having trouble keeping the secret that they have discovered gold?
3. How many men start the new community with Don Castro?
4. What do the villagers do as a result of the revolution on their small community?
5. Who is congratulated by the midwife for her assistance during Socorro's delivery?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)