|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, The Hand of God.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
(a) Because it is more ore than gold.
(b) To make it seem like they have more.
(c) Because that is what you are supposed to do to gold ore.
(d) To make it seem like it came from the river.
2. What does Dona Guadalupe offer to make for Don Benito?
(b) A rug.
3. What favor does Senora Munoz ask of Lupe at school one day?
(a) To bring her a little cheese each day.
(b) To not tell anyone she is leaving soon.
(c) To hide a small box at her house.
(d) To take a letter to Victoriano for her.
4. How many men start the new community with Don Castro?
(a) 52 men.
(b) 50 men.
(c) 48 men.
(d) 45 men.
5. Who does Don Benito fall in love with while in town?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the animals howling and calling out while Socorro is giving birth?
2. How do Dona Guadalupe and her children make money?
3. What type of land are Don Castro and his companions looking for to start their new community?
4. What do the villagers do as a result of the revolution on their small community?
5. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)