|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, The Hand of God.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What favor does Senora Munoz ask of Lupe at school one day?
(a) To not tell anyone she is leaving soon.
(b) To take a letter to Victoriano for her.
(c) To bring her a little cheese each day.
(d) To hide a small box at her house.
2. Many years after the new community is settled, how does the revolution affect this small community?
(a) Their community becomes a base camp for the Federales.
(b) The revolution does not really affect their community.
(c) The community becomes rich because of the revolution.
(d) Their community is raided and their livestock stolen.
3. What has the mine been named?
(a) El Rio Urique.
(b) La Lluvia de Oro.
(c) Plata del Mundo.
(d) El Camino Real.
4. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
(a) To make it seem like they have more.
(b) Because it is more ore than gold.
(c) Because that is what you are supposed to do to gold ore.
(d) To make it seem like it came from the river.
5. Where does Don Castro set out from when leaving to start a new community?
(a) Mexico City.
(b) Baja California.
(c) Ciudad del Oro.
(d) Monte Negro.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes with Don Castro to start a new community?
2. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
3. Who is having trouble keeping the secret that they have discovered gold?
4. How many men start the new community with Don Castro?
5. What does the midwife say about the pain tolerance of men?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)