|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, The Hand of God.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lupe find near the altar that she has made for Colonel Maytorena?
(a) A letter from the Colonel.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A small clump of gold ore.
(d) A small fawn.
2. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
(a) To make it seem like they have more.
(b) Because it is more ore than gold.
(c) To make it seem like it came from the river.
(d) Because that is what you are supposed to do to gold ore.
3. What one item of Colonel Maytorena's clothing does Lupe rescue from being discarded?
(a) His white shirt.
(b) His blue hat.
(c) His black gloves.
(d) His gray coat.
4. Why does Socorro throw out all of her husband's clothing?
(a) She needs to move and cannot take them all with her.
(b) She recognizes that she should donate them to others.
(c) She is going to buy him all new clothes for his return.
(d) She is angry and wants to say good-bye to him forever.
5. Who does Don Benito fall in love with while in town?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the mayor's eldest daughter?
2. What special gift does Don Tiburcio bring to Dona Guadalupe for her family to share?
3. Why are the animals howling and calling out while Socorro is giving birth?
4. What has the mine been named?
5. What do the villagers do as a result of the revolution on their small community?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)