|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, The Hand of God.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the villagers do as a result of the revolution on their small community?
(a) They do nothing.
(b) They scatter to start another community elsewhere.
(c) They start heading for the U.S.
(d) They fight back and reclaim their town.
2. Who is congratulated by the midwife for her assistance during Socorro's delivery?
(b) Dona Guadalupe.
3. How is the time of day described when Socorro is giving birth?
(a) The sun is blazing in the sky.
(b) There is a full moon.
(c) The rain is storming outside.
(d) It is a dark night with no moon or stars for light.
4. Who does Don Benito fall in love with while in town?
5. Who does Don Benito feel that he needs to impress in Chapter 3?
(b) Colonel Maytorena.
(c) Don Manuel.
(d) Dona Guadalupe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What one item of Colonel Maytorena's clothing does Lupe rescue from being discarded?
2. Why are the animals howling and calling out while Socorro is giving birth?
3. Which of Dona Guadalupe's daughters does Don Tiburcio seek to marry?
4. What has the mine been named?
5. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)