|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, The Hand of God.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Dona Guadalupe's daughters does Don Tiburcio seek to marry?
2. What special gift does Don Tiburcio bring to Dona Guadalupe for her family to share?
(a) A large box of chocolates.
(b) A honeyed ham.
(c) A big bottle of wine.
(d) A small pack of colorful papers.
3. What one item of Colonel Maytorena's clothing does Lupe rescue from being discarded?
(a) His white shirt.
(b) His blue hat.
(c) His black gloves.
(d) His gray coat.
4. How is the time of day described when Socorro is giving birth?
(a) The sun is blazing in the sky.
(b) The rain is storming outside.
(c) There is a full moon.
(d) It is a dark night with no moon or stars for light.
5. Where do Dona Guadalupe and her children hide when the army horsemen come through their canyon?
(a) In the mine.
(b) A secret basement in their small house.
(c) A cave under the large boulder.
(d) On a high cliff in the canyon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is having trouble keeping the secret that they have discovered gold?
2. Who goes with Don Castro to start a new community?
3. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
4. Why are the animals howling and calling out while Socorro is giving birth?
5. What has the mine been named?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)