|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, The Hand of God.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many years after the new community is settled, how does the revolution affect this small community?
(a) The revolution does not really affect their community.
(b) The community becomes rich because of the revolution.
(c) Their community is raided and their livestock stolen.
(d) Their community becomes a base camp for the Federales.
2. What type of land are Don Castro and his companions looking for to start their new community?
(a) Coastal land.
(b) Fertile land.
(d) Land with gold to be mined.
3. Who goes with Don Castro to start a new community?
(a) His wife and three children.
(c) Dona Guadalupe.
(d) His two brothers.
4. What special gift does Don Tiburcio bring to Dona Guadalupe for her family to share?
(a) A large box of chocolates.
(b) A big bottle of wine.
(c) A honeyed ham.
(d) A small pack of colorful papers.
5. Why do the poor Mexicans think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
(a) Because he is fighting on the side of the revolution.
(b) He is here to bring salvation to the small village.
(c) He is an old war hero and is revered across the valley.
(d) He stood up to the American miners to make their working conditions better.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dona Guadalupe offer to make for Don Benito?
2. What has the mine been named?
3. What does Lupe find near the altar that she has made for Colonel Maytorena?
4. Why are the animals howling and calling out while Socorro is giving birth?
5. Where do Dona Guadalupe and her children hide when the army horsemen come through their canyon?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)