|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, The Hand of God.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lupe find near the altar that she has made for Colonel Maytorena?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A letter from the Colonel.
(c) A small fawn.
(d) A small clump of gold ore.
2. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
(a) She cautions Lupe to stay away from the main roads.
(b) She warns Lupe not to like the Colonel too much.
(c) She warns Lupe not to go too near the mines.
(d) She cautions Lupe to not leave their hiding place.
3. What type of land are Don Castro and his companions looking for to start their new community?
(a) Land with gold to be mined.
(c) Fertile land.
(d) Coastal land.
4. Why are the animals howling and calling out while Socorro is giving birth?
(a) It is feeding time and they are hungry.
(b) They are responding to her screams.
(c) They sense the impending doom coming.
(d) They can hear the Federales approaching.
5. Who is the mayor's eldest daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is having trouble keeping the secret that they have discovered gold?
2. Why does Socorro throw out all of her husband's clothing?
3. How many babies does Socorro give birth to?
4. Many years after the new community is settled, how does the revolution affect this small community?
5. What do the villagers do as a result of the revolution on their small community?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)