|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, The Hand of God.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town midwife?
2. What does the midwife say about the pain tolerance of men?
(a) That men have a much higher pain tolerance then women.
(b) That men feel no pain whatsoever.
(c) That men cannot stand pain as women can.
(d) That the only pain men feel is the pain of love.
3. Where does Don Castro set out from when leaving to start a new community?
(a) Baja California.
(b) Mexico City.
(c) Monte Negro.
(d) Ciudad del Oro.
4. What does Lupe find near the altar that she has made for Colonel Maytorena?
(a) A small fawn.
(b) A letter from the Colonel.
(c) A small clump of gold ore.
(d) A rifle.
5. Why do the poor Mexicans think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
(a) He is here to bring salvation to the small village.
(b) He is an old war hero and is revered across the valley.
(c) He stood up to the American miners to make their working conditions better.
(d) Because he is fighting on the side of the revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of land are Don Castro and his companions looking for to start their new community?
2. Who is the mayor's eldest daughter?
3. What favor does Senora Munoz ask of Lupe at school one day?
4. Who is having trouble keeping the secret that they have discovered gold?
5. What do the villagers do as a result of the revolution on their small community?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)