|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, The Hand of God.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is having trouble keeping the secret that they have discovered gold?
(a) Dona Guadalupe.
(b) Don Victor.
(c) Lupe and Victoriano.
(d) Victoriano and Don Benito.
2. Which of Dona Guadalupe's daughters does Don Tiburcio seek to marry?
3. How do Dona Guadalupe and her children make money?
(a) By housing the miners.
(b) By selling fruit in town.
(c) By feeding the miners.
(d) By selling their portion of the mine.
4. Why does Socorro throw out all of her husband's clothing?
(a) She needs to move and cannot take them all with her.
(b) She recognizes that she should donate them to others.
(c) She is going to buy him all new clothes for his return.
(d) She is angry and wants to say good-bye to him forever.
5. What one item of Colonel Maytorena's clothing does Lupe rescue from being discarded?
(a) His black gloves.
(b) His blue hat.
(c) His white shirt.
(d) His gray coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the animals howling and calling out while Socorro is giving birth?
2. What does the midwife say about the pain tolerance of men?
3. What do the villagers do as a result of the revolution on their small community?
4. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
5. What is the name of the town midwife?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)