|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, The Hand of God.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the midwife say about the pain tolerance of men?
(a) That men cannot stand pain as women can.
(b) That men feel no pain whatsoever.
(c) That men have a much higher pain tolerance then women.
(d) That the only pain men feel is the pain of love.
2. Why do the poor Mexicans think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
(a) He is here to bring salvation to the small village.
(b) Because he is fighting on the side of the revolution.
(c) He stood up to the American miners to make their working conditions better.
(d) He is an old war hero and is revered across the valley.
3. What do the villagers do as a result of the revolution on their small community?
(a) They do nothing.
(b) They fight back and reclaim their town.
(c) They start heading for the U.S.
(d) They scatter to start another community elsewhere.
4. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
(a) She cautions Lupe to not leave their hiding place.
(b) She warns Lupe not to go too near the mines.
(c) She warns Lupe not to like the Colonel too much.
(d) She cautions Lupe to stay away from the main roads.
5. Who does Don Benito fall in love with while in town?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town midwife?
2. Who does Don Benito feel that he needs to impress in Chapter 3?
3. Why does Socorro throw out all of her husband's clothing?
4. How is the time of day described when Socorro is giving birth?
5. What does Lupe find near the altar that she has made for Colonel Maytorena?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)