|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, The Hand of God.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What favor does Senora Munoz ask of Lupe at school one day?
(a) To take a letter to Victoriano for her.
(b) To bring her a little cheese each day.
(c) To not tell anyone she is leaving soon.
(d) To hide a small box at her house.
2. Where does Don Victor go in search of work?
(a) El Paso.
(b) The seashore.
(c) Baja California.
(d) The lowlands.
3. How many men start the new community with Don Castro?
(a) 45 men.
(b) 50 men.
(c) 48 men.
(d) 52 men.
4. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
(a) To make it seem like it came from the river.
(b) To make it seem like they have more.
(c) Because it is more ore than gold.
(d) Because that is what you are supposed to do to gold ore.
5. What does Lupe find near the altar that she has made for Colonel Maytorena?
(a) A small clump of gold ore.
(b) A small fawn.
(c) A letter from the Colonel.
(d) A rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the animals howling and calling out while Socorro is giving birth?
2. What special gift does Don Tiburcio bring to Dona Guadalupe for her family to share?
3. What type of land are Don Castro and his companions looking for to start their new community?
4. Why do the poor Mexicans think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
5. Where do Dona Guadalupe and her children hide when the army horsemen come through their canyon?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)