|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, The Hand of God.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Don Castro set out from when leaving to start a new community?
(a) Monte Negro.
(b) Mexico City.
(c) Ciudad del Oro.
(d) Baja California.
2. What does the midwife say about the pain tolerance of men?
(a) That men have a much higher pain tolerance then women.
(b) That men feel no pain whatsoever.
(c) That men cannot stand pain as women can.
(d) That the only pain men feel is the pain of love.
3. Who is having trouble keeping the secret that they have discovered gold?
(a) Dona Guadalupe.
(b) Don Victor.
(c) Victoriano and Don Benito.
(d) Lupe and Victoriano.
4. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
(a) She warns Lupe not to like the Colonel too much.
(b) She cautions Lupe to not leave their hiding place.
(c) She warns Lupe not to go too near the mines.
(d) She cautions Lupe to stay away from the main roads.
5. Who is congratulated by the midwife for her assistance during Socorro's delivery?
(b) Dona Guadalupe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Don Benito feel that he needs to impress in Chapter 3?
2. Why do the poor Mexicans think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
3. Which of Dona Guadalupe's daughters does Don Tiburcio seek to marry?
4. What one item of Colonel Maytorena's clothing does Lupe rescue from being discarded?
5. Who is the mayor's eldest daughter?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)