|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, The Hand of God.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Don Victor go in search of work?
(a) El Paso.
(b) The lowlands.
(c) The seashore.
(d) Baja California.
2. Why do the poor Mexicans think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
(a) He stood up to the American miners to make their working conditions better.
(b) He is an old war hero and is revered across the valley.
(c) Because he is fighting on the side of the revolution.
(d) He is here to bring salvation to the small village.
3. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
(a) She cautions Lupe to not leave their hiding place.
(b) She warns Lupe not to like the Colonel too much.
(c) She cautions Lupe to stay away from the main roads.
(d) She warns Lupe not to go too near the mines.
4. Who is congratulated by the midwife for her assistance during Socorro's delivery?
(c) Dona Guadalupe.
5. How do Dona Guadalupe and her children make money?
(a) By selling their portion of the mine.
(b) By feeding the miners.
(c) By housing the miners.
(d) By selling fruit in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many babies does Socorro give birth to?
2. What does Dona Guadalupe offer to make for Don Benito?
3. Who does Don Benito fall in love with while in town?
4. Why are the animals howling and calling out while Socorro is giving birth?
5. Who is having trouble keeping the secret that they have discovered gold?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)