|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, The Hand of God.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is congratulated by the midwife for her assistance during Socorro's delivery?
(d) Dona Guadalupe.
2. What one item of Colonel Maytorena's clothing does Lupe rescue from being discarded?
(a) His black gloves.
(b) His white shirt.
(c) His gray coat.
(d) His blue hat.
3. What type of land are Don Castro and his companions looking for to start their new community?
(a) Land with gold to be mined.
(b) Fertile land.
(d) Coastal land.
4. What is the name of the town midwife?
5. How is the time of day described when Socorro is giving birth?
(a) The sun is blazing in the sky.
(b) It is a dark night with no moon or stars for light.
(c) There is a full moon.
(d) The rain is storming outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. What warning does Dona Guadalupe give to her youngest daughter Lupe early in the story?
2. Many years after the new community is settled, how does the revolution affect this small community?
3. What favor does Senora Munoz ask of Lupe at school one day?
4. What does Dona Guadalupe offer to make for Don Benito?
5. How do Dona Guadalupe and her children make money?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)