|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, The Hand of God.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men start the new community with Don Castro?
(a) 50 men.
(b) 45 men.
(c) 48 men.
(d) 52 men.
2. Why does Socorro throw out all of her husband's clothing?
(a) She is going to buy him all new clothes for his return.
(b) She is angry and wants to say good-bye to him forever.
(c) She recognizes that she should donate them to others.
(d) She needs to move and cannot take them all with her.
3. What favor does Senora Munoz ask of Lupe at school one day?
(a) To bring her a little cheese each day.
(b) To not tell anyone she is leaving soon.
(c) To hide a small box at her house.
(d) To take a letter to Victoriano for her.
4. What does Dona Guadalupe offer to make for Don Benito?
(b) A rug.
5. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
(a) To make it seem like they have more.
(b) To make it seem like it came from the river.
(c) Because it is more ore than gold.
(d) Because that is what you are supposed to do to gold ore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lupe find near the altar that she has made for Colonel Maytorena?
2. What type of land are Don Castro and his companions looking for to start their new community?
3. What special gift does Don Tiburcio bring to Dona Guadalupe for her family to share?
4. Why do the poor Mexicans think highly of Colonel Maytorena?
5. Where do Dona Guadalupe and her children hide when the army horsemen come through their canyon?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)