|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, Even God Needs Help.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What family pet does Dona Margarita have to kill for food?
(a) Juan's burro.
(b) Inocenta's duck.
(c) Luisa's goat.
(d) Dona Margarita's dog.
2. What does Don Victor tell Lupe that makes her resent him?
(a) He tells her she is too small to help gather the gold.
(b) He tells her that she should help her mother more.
(c) He tells her she should release her pet deer into the forest.
(d) He tells her that she is not as pretty as Sophia.
3. When Lupe first sees Don Victor coming towards the village, what does she think he is?
(a) La Liebre.
(b) Some sort of strange creature.
(c) The Devil.
(d) An American.
4. What is the name of Juan Salvador's youngest brother?
5. Why does Juan Salvador distract the foreman of a farm as his family is passing it?
(a) So that his family can cut through the field as a shortcut.
(b) So that his family can sneak into the barn to take a nap.
(c) So that his family can steal corn.
(d) Because he is a troublemaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
2. Who is the mayor's eldest daughter?
3. What horrible thing has happened to Juan's sister Emilia?
4. Who is Epitacio?
5. Which of Dona Guadalupe's daughters does Don Tiburcio seek to marry?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)