|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, Even God Needs Help.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Epitacio?
(a) Juan Salvador's oldest brother.
(b) Luisa's second husband.
(c) Dona Margarita's brother-in-law.
(d) Don Castro's uncle.
2. How old is Juan when he is sent to prison?
(a) Eleven years old.
(b) Thirteen years old.
(c) Eighteen years old.
(d) Fifteen years old.
3. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
(a) To make it seem like it came from the river.
(b) Because that is what you are supposed to do to gold ore.
(c) To make it seem like they have more.
(d) Because it is more ore than gold.
4. What favor does Senora Munoz ask of Lupe at school one day?
(a) To not tell anyone she is leaving soon.
(b) To hide a small box at her house.
(c) To take a letter to Victoriano for her.
(d) To bring her a little cheese each day.
5. Who is the mayor's eldest daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lupe find near the altar that she has made for Colonel Maytorena?
2. Why does Juan agree to confess to a murder he did not commit?
3. Who does Don Benito fall in love with while in town?
4. How long does Don Victor believe it will take his family to gather enough gold to buy their way to the U.S.?
5. What family pet does Dona Margarita have to kill for food?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)