|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, Even God Needs Help.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Don Benito feel that he needs to impress in Chapter 3?
(a) Colonel Maytorena.
(b) Don Manuel.
(d) Dona Guadalupe.
2. How old is Juan when he is sent to prison?
(a) Eleven years old.
(b) Thirteen years old.
(c) Fifteen years old.
(d) Eighteen years old.
3. What does Don Victor tell Lupe that makes her resent him?
(a) He tells her that she should help her mother more.
(b) He tells her that she is not as pretty as Sophia.
(c) He tells her she should release her pet deer into the forest.
(d) He tells her she is too small to help gather the gold.
4. What family pet does Dona Margarita have to kill for food?
(a) Luisa's goat.
(b) Dona Margarita's dog.
(c) Inocenta's duck.
(d) Juan's burro.
5. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
(a) To make it seem like it came from the river.
(b) Because that is what you are supposed to do to gold ore.
(c) To make it seem like they have more.
(d) Because it is more ore than gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens the day after Epitacio gambles away his paycheck?
2. What favor does Senora Munoz ask of Lupe at school one day?
3. Who is having trouble keeping the secret that they have discovered gold?
4. Why does Juan Salvador distract the foreman of a farm as his family is passing it?
5. Why does Socorro throw out all of her husband's clothing?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)