|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, Even God Needs Help.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens the day after Epitacio gambles away his paycheck?
(a) Epitacio disappears.
(b) Epitacio works a double shift to earn his money back.
(c) Both Juan and Epitacio do not show up to work.
(d) Juan goes and wins back all the lost money.
2. What does Don Victor tell Lupe that makes her resent him?
(a) He tells her she is too small to help gather the gold.
(b) He tells her that she is not as pretty as Sophia.
(c) He tells her she should release her pet deer into the forest.
(d) He tells her that she should help her mother more.
3. What does Lupe find near the altar that she has made for Colonel Maytorena?
(a) A small fawn.
(b) A small clump of gold ore.
(c) A letter from the Colonel.
(d) A rifle.
4. Why does Juan Salvador distract the foreman of a farm as his family is passing it?
(a) So that his family can steal corn.
(b) So that his family can sneak into the barn to take a nap.
(c) So that his family can cut through the field as a shortcut.
(d) Because he is a troublemaker.
5. Who is having trouble keeping the secret that they have discovered gold?
(a) Victoriano and Don Benito.
(b) Don Victor.
(c) Dona Guadalupe.
(d) Lupe and Victoriano.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the pack that Don Victor brings on his back upon his return to his family?
2. Why does Juan agree to confess to a murder he did not commit?
3. Who is the mayor's eldest daughter?
4. Who is Epitacio?
5. What does Don Victor give to Don Manuel to help him through the wedding ceremony?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)