|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, Even God Needs Help.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What horrible thing has happened to Juan's sister Emilia?
(a) She was raped by soldiers.
(b) She was sick with fever.
(c) She lost her voice forever.
(d) She was run over by a horse.
2. What does Lupe find near the altar that she has made for Colonel Maytorena?
(a) A small fawn.
(b) A letter from the Colonel.
(c) A small clump of gold ore.
(d) A rifle.
3. Why does Dona Guadalupe and her family crush the gold ore they have discovered into dust?
(a) To make it seem like it came from the river.
(b) To make it seem like they have more.
(c) Because it is more ore than gold.
(d) Because that is what you are supposed to do to gold ore.
4. Why are Juan and Epitacio thrown into jail?
(a) For stealing and selling copper ore.
(b) Because they stole food for their families.
(c) Because they did not show up to work.
(d) For underage gambling.
5. What is the name of the mine where Juan and Epitacio work in Arizona?
(a) Silver Creek Mine.
(b) Copper Queen Mine.
(c) Douglas City Mine.
(d) Rio Grande River Mine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the mayor's eldest daughter?
2. What is in the pack that Don Victor brings on his back upon his return to his family?
3. Where is Juan Salvador Villasenor traveling with his family in Chapter 8?
4. Who is having trouble keeping the secret that they have discovered gold?
5. What does Don Victor tell Lupe that makes her resent him?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)